PDA

View Full Version : No Defiance on Dutch SyFy...

Lyrix
04-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Like the title says... Is this ******ed or what? Why don't they show Defiance on dutch Syfy.... :(

Firecrack
04-16-2013, 07:54 AM
We're region blocked from SyFy's website. So I just watched it on another site, Google mijn vriend.

Lyrix
04-16-2013, 07:56 AM
We're region blocked from SyFy's website. So I just watched it on another site, Google mijn vriend.

Yeh i guess we have to find the other way to watch ;-) Anyway still stupid :(

Nenux Ruca
04-16-2013, 08:00 AM
its on HULU, or you could stream it i guess? I hope you guys get to watch it, the show was phenomenal. :)

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 08:01 AM
That sucks... Talk about a Dutch Oven.

Bunjmin
04-16-2013, 08:01 AM
Sounds like some of you EU folks are getting the short straw

Sanguinesun
04-16-2013, 08:02 AM
Get the google chrome browser and add the app known as mediahint(google it). Seconds later you can watch the show from the SyFy site in the US. Its that simple.

iozay
04-16-2013, 08:03 AM
An old dutch saying always leads to a solution ;)

Waar een wil is, is een weg ^^

Vendors always tend to regioblock the great material and force us to seek for alternate methods to bypass regio blocking to obtain access to the content :)

Jeronan
04-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Get the google chrome browser and add the app known as mediahint(google it). Seconds later you can watch the show from the SyFy site in the US. Its that simple.

LOL! Thanks man! It actually Works! Never knew about this one, as I haven't used Chrome in a long while. ;)

Lyrix
04-16-2013, 08:14 AM

Thank you!!! :D

An old dutch saying always leads to a solution ;)

Waar een wil is, is een weg ^^

Vendors always tend to regioblock the great material and force us to seek for alternate methods to bypass regio blocking to obtain access to the content :)

Yeh but i wanted to support the show by watching it on TV :(
I guess we gonna get it in one year or so lol.. Same with Dexter :-/

firetiger2k
04-16-2013, 08:18 AM

Top notch advice I frequently use google and was just asking on another thread about english coverage (for free) I will just steal from hulu now. all these corporations loose out on advertising and everything when they do this. Technology is moving faster than the industry and you cant keep up!

iozay
04-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Same, I actually tried to look for the regular sources but I failed to find one after 3 hours of searching hence I went to the alternative sources ^^ Apparently they wish to not make money ^^'

Hulu is only available in the US though, Netflix also is regioblocked.

Ozgwald
05-05-2013, 02:24 AM
Going to necro this, we are also excluded from the most wanted competition. Seems Dutch are excluded from extra content and options to watch the show (legally). All that advertising about show tie ins and what not does not apply to Dutch people. I am getting very pissed, because what made these f**king a*s*oles think it is okay to sell while advertising falsely. Not a single explanation or answer has been given.

Anyways if there is no answer I am getting my money back, unbelievable how they just break consumer laws like it is nothing. No where when I bought this product it said anywhere that I would be excluded form content or in fact the one SELL point THIS GAME HAS! If there is no answer this must be the most disgusting company I've ever met. I guess the dutch market is too big to ignore, so let's get them to buy with false advertising and lies <- this right here is it until something decent comes up and I give it two days.

Seriously American gaming companies pull this **** all the time. If it is not the Dutch you can be sure the French or the Germans are screwed and most of the time it is all of Europe. Total disrespect for consumer rights and laws. I mean they got departments to handle this, right?... A TV show/ channel informs simply how things are w.r.t. licenses etc. to air, but apparently this is too hard for the gaming companies to pull off. HBO is the only company in that regard who has its act together, that department and their employees are doing their job. Syfy (NBCUniversal) has by far the worst department when it comes to showing programs abroad. Often shows air a year or multiple years too late, no wonder they get so little revenu for the shows they put on air. If the show airs too late, people will watch it in another way that gets you no revenue or when it is time to air people simply don't care, because other shows and channels that do have their act together are the hot items. Defiance is hot now, 6 months from now other shows will be hot. Sack all of these people and get a good team, make sure you can do international launches and I am sure you can rake in a lot more advertising revenue. Their incompetence is still miles beyond what most gaming companies pull off. A bad job, but still following the rules (as in it will air 3 years later when that ****ty legal department has the paperwork done).

The EU has a budget deficit, here is your answer. All the broken and stepped on consumer laws from these American gaming products. Screw the Apple, Google and Microsoft lawsuits about fair market competition, want to rake in big start a process against the gaming industry.