PDA

View Full Version : Feel Free to Post 3 Brief Bullet Points on How to Improve the PVP Experience

Badblade
04-16-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm a long time MMO player... AND a long time FPS guy! I have been playing some PVP and it's decent. The gunplay in Defiance is excellent and I love that the hit detection seems pretty freakin good (compared to some more dedicated FPT games!! Don't even talk to me about Black Ops)

However, there seems like there may be a couple things that Trion can do to improve the PVP experience. Please post your ideas in 3, short, simple bullet points. Who knows... maybe Trion will take a look.

Please: No rants. No complaining.

My ideas:

1. A popular element in todays PVP shooters are "secondary roles". You all know the common ones. Medics. Heavies. Engineers. It would be cool if Defiance introduced secondary roles... perhaps in the form of tools that replace the vehicle slot or something. Alternative roles separate from "shooting guys" adds depth and helps gain interest from the guys that aren't as good at shottyblasting but want to be involved in PVP.

2. Shotguns. Shorter Range. Much higher falloff in PVP. My rule of thumb: When everybody does the same thing/uses the same weapon... something is broken.

3. A fixed Team spawn point that never changes in the game, OR spawn on a team mate. I find when you start spawning elsewhere on the map (such as, behind the enemy), you take away some of the core tactical fun of holding positions, and working as a team to control areas in the map... flank... defend. Getting behind the enemy should be hard.

BOTTOMLINE: When I am in the mood to do some PVP shooting, I would love to leave Defiance in my XBox. I dont want to feel I have to switch to a dedicated shooter.

mcwjimbo
04-16-2013, 08:01 AM

3. A fixed Team spawn point that never changes in the game, OR spawn on a team mate. I find when you start spawning elsewhere on the map (such as, behind the enemy), you take away some of the core tactical fun of holding positions, and working as a team to control areas in the map... flank... defend. Getting behind the enemy should be hard.

in other words you want to camp spawn point and never let the other people get 1 step away from spawn area before killing them

that isnt REAL strategy that is just boring BS

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 08:04 AM
You can never make PvP better when it is peoples skill level that is the biggest factor when it comes to PvP.

CapN CooK 420
04-16-2013, 08:05 AM
I can understand number 3. I've done enough pvp to have a place gaurded, only to have enemys spawn behind me and kill me while I'm keeping guard looking out the front.

Badblade
04-16-2013, 08:05 AM
I disagree, jimbo. When your spawn is camped, you simply spawn on an ally instead. It makes for great gaming in other games where they employ this spawn system.

Randomly paratrooping players onto the map, I feel, sucks the tactics out of the game... it becomes simply an exercise in killing. If my team is trying to hold a corner of the map, and one dude with a shotgun spawns behind them in the airtight held area, tactics go out the window.

mcwjimbo
04-16-2013, 08:09 AM
I disagree. When your spawn is camped, you simply spawn on an ally instead. It makes for great gaming in other games where they employ this spawn system.

Randomly paratrooping players onto the map, I feel, sucks the tactics out of the game... it becomes simply an exercise in killing. If my team is trying to hold a corner of the map, and one dude with a shotgun spawns behind them in the airtight held area, tactics go out the window.

no they don't

a real tactic = look over your d@mn shoulder

PseudoCool
04-16-2013, 08:10 AM
Oh boy.. my FAVORITE type of thread. Well.. I'm gonna troll it with my ideas *evil grin*

3 Best ways to better PvP

1. Add in 1v1 challenge system
2. Remove PvP entirely from the game
3. Remove PvP entirely from the game

There ya go.. three ways that PvP can be improved in defiance :)

Badblade
04-16-2013, 08:16 AM
I like #1. Regarding #2 and #3, I will just say this: I feel that in the balance of Shooter to MMO, Defiance is about 70% the former. If you pull out the PVP, it puts a ton of pressure on Trion to improve the social interaction (and I must say, chat is pretty much non existent) and dramatically improve the single player missions (I can only handle so many hundreds of hours of fetch quests :P).

Oh boy.. my FAVORITE type of thread. Well.. I'm gonna troll it with my ideas *evil grin*

3 Best ways to better PvP

1. Add in 1v1 challenge system
2. Remove PvP entirely from the game
3. Remove PvP entirely from the game

There ya go.. three ways that PvP can be improved in defiance :)

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-16-2013, 08:23 AM
1. Buff Sawed Off shotguns back to their original damage in PvE
2. Nerf Pump shotgun damage in PvP
3. Remove clipping on ammo boxes. I'm tired of getting stuck on them.