PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Game Error was addressed

Barrik
04-16-2013, 08:10 AM
(9:52 AM PST)
DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame
To Confirm - Xbox and PC are down as we fix patch related issues. PS3 is still up (it was not patched)

(9:29 AM PST)
XBOX patch to fix the patch :p is now available for download. waiting for server availability yet.

(9:20 AM PST)
**UPDATE*** We're finding issues with our latest patch - we're taking down Xbox and PC for maintenance. No ETA for bringing them back online.

(9:17 am PST)DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 21s
We're finding issues with our latest patch - we're taking down Xbox and PC for maintenance. Check http://Forums.Defiance.Com for more info

(8:48 AM PST)***UPDATE*** Xbox update is about an hour away - please bear with us folks!

Latest update

Originally Posted by Defiance Twitter
DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 49s

Xbox Users please go ahead and download and patch. You will have an error. We will release a short fix soon to address that error.

Also here; https://twitter.com/DefianceGame

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance Twitter
DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 4m

We're aware of Xbox Patch errors - we're extending Xbox downtime by one hour.
UPDATED

DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 17s

To Clarify - Xbox (Both EU and NA) will be down for at least another hour as we work to fix the patch issues.

Today 03:06 PM #1 Myll_Erik
View Profile
View Forum Posts
Private Message
Community Manager
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join Date Jun 2012
Posts 482 Xbox and PC Patch 1.010 - April 16th - UPDATE FOR XBOX - More XBOX Downtime
We will be starting server updates on Xbox and PC beginning at 7:00 AM PT

Server Downtime:
Date: April 16th, 2013
Time: 6:00pm PT (3PM GMT, 4PM Paris)
Duration: 1 Hour

Patch Notes:
Click here for full notes!

Due to an error on the Xbox Patch - we are extending the Xbox Downtime by one more hour!
Lance James - Community Manager
"Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead"

Updated from DEFIANCEGame on Twitter

DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 1m

For Clarity - PC has been patched. PS3 Patch hasn't happened yet (no ETA). Xbox is down for additional downtime.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Also here; https://twitter.com/DefianceGame

Approximately 11:00AM EST - 8:00AM PT

DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 4m

We're aware of Xbox Patch errors - we're extending Xbox downtime by one hour.

Approximately 11:07AM EST - 8:07AM PT

DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 17s

To Clarify - Xbox (Both EU and NA) will be down for at least another hour as we work to fix the patch issues.

Approximately 11:22AM EST - 8:22AM PT

For Clarity - PC has been patched. PS3 Patch hasn't happened yet (no ETA). Xbox is down for additional downtime.

Approximately 11:30 AM EST - 8:30 AM PT

Xbox Users please go ahead and download and patch. You will have an error. We will release a short fix soon to address that error.

Approximately 11:52AM EST - 8:52AM PT

Our Xbox Update is about an hour away - please bear with us folks!

Approximately 12:16PM EST - 9:16AM PT

DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 31s

We're finding issues with our latest patch - we're taking down Xbox and PC for maintenance. Check http://Forums.Defiance.Com for more info.

No ETA on server relaunch.

**UPDATE*** We're finding issues with our latest patch - we're taking down Xbox and PC for maintenance. No ETA for bringing them back online.

UPDATE: 12:30PM EST - 9:30AM PT

as of 11:21am cst i downloaded a new patch that fixed the game error issue.servers r stil down tho.got the "the defiance service is not available.try again later" message.some info for u guys

Confirmed. There is indeed a new patch to fix the patch (sounds funny)
Nice find, bc knivves!

Approximately 12:52PM EST - 9:52AM PT

DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 2m

To Confirm - Xbox and PC are down as we fix patch related issues. PS3 is still up (it was not patched)

Approximately 1:52PM EST - 10:52AM PT

Our team is working to resolve remaining issues around Patch 1.010. We apologize for the delay and will update again shortly

PoLeo
04-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the info. Might as well take a nap instead of just wait.

Gabbro1000
04-16-2013, 08:15 AM
There's already 20-something threads QQing about this... I can't be bothered to post in all of them. Hopefully a moderator will come along and tell them to "****, noob. Didn't your parents ever teach you patients?".

The other formats work, so it just needs abit a tweaking... but a member on PC says that DAM Defence still isn't available, that is slightly annoying!

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 08:17 AM
There's already 20-something threads QQing about this... I can't be bothered to post in all of them. Hopefully a moderator will come along and tell them to "****, noob. Didn't your parents ever teach you patients?".

This thread is not aimed at QQing. It's aimed to bring people here to see the updates as they come in. We're attempting to stop the incessant posting about "my game doesn't work. my life is over!"

Inception
04-16-2013, 08:17 AM
How long will the servers be down though? Its 11:30am here in Florida, and it says 6:00pm PT, which means 9:00pm here...and another hour on top of that? Am I missing something here? servers down all day then? -.-

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 08:19 AM
How long will the servers be down though? Its 11:30am here in Florida, and it says 6:00pm PT, which means 9:00pm here...and another hour on top of that? Am I missing something here? servers down all day then? -.-

6PM PT is incorrect The dev made a typo, but his thread title time IS correct. Servers went down at 7 AM PT (10 AM EST) and would be down for an hour, which makes the new time 8 AM PT (11 AM EST). Adding another hour to that now, the final time should be 9AM PT (12 PM EST).
Hope this helps.

LifeExpectancy
04-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Patience...

Inception
04-16-2013, 08:21 AM
6PM PT is incorrect The dev made a typo, but his thread title time IS correct. Servers went down at 7 AM PT (10 AM EST) and would be down for an hour, which makes the new time 8 AM PT (11 AM EST). Adding another hour to that now, the final time should be 9AM PT (12 PM EST).
Hope this helps.

AHAA!! Thank you good sir.

ShadowStrider 7
AHAA!! Thank you good sir.

You are most welcome.

SweetMadness
Thanks for the info. Might as well take a nap instead of just wait.

I'm rewatching the premiere :D

Barrik
04-16-2013, 08:22 AM

The other formats work, so it just needs abit a tweaking... but a member on PC says that DAM Defence still isn't available, that is slightly annoying!

Sorry I made you angry. This wasn't meant to be a qq thread as I am fine with the process. Wanted a titled thread that points out the answer from devs so there were less qq threads.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 08:23 AM
Updated from DEFIANCEGame on Twitter

AL3X
Good job i have the patience of a saint.TROLOLOL

Got home early from work and walked straight into a faulty patch.

Barrik

LOL and I'm sorry but I couldn't resist, didn't your parents ever teach you to spell patience?

Raikon
04-16-2013, 08:24 AM

My parents told me patients were individuals who were in hospital.
Whereas patience was a virtue given to individuals who did not want to rush things and panic ;)

LifeExpectancy
04-16-2013, 08:24 AM
LOL and I'm sorry but I couldn't resist, didn't your parents ever teach you to spell patience?

Beat ya to that on page 1. ;p

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Barrik can you copy and paste the updates into your original post, so that newcomers may find it easier?

SweetMadness
04-16-2013, 08:28 AM

Well they may not have taught them patience, but hopefully they taught them how to spell.

See, people can be critical of you too. :)

Barrik
04-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Barrik can you copy and paste the updates into your original post, so that newcomers may find it easier?

Done and done sir.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 08:37 AM
New update on the patch.

Barrik
04-16-2013, 08:39 AM
New update on the patch.

Hope you don't mind but I'm stealing your updates and applying all to the OP.
:P

Brock 5amson
04-16-2013, 08:39 AM
Had a feeling something like this was to occur. I'll just wait it out until the servers are up and fixed.

King Smaals
04-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Thanks for keeping everyone up to date!

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Hope you don't mind but I'm stealing your updates and applying all to the OP.
:P

I am doing the same to my post directly under your OP :D
No excuse now for people not knowing.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 08:49 AM
New update from twitter

Our Xbox Update is about an hour away - please bear with us folks!

Barrik
04-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Still seeing other threads with people who are confused or don't know what's going on. Wish folks would take a sec to check other threads for info instead of going straight to thread creation and QQ

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Still seeing other threads with people who are confused or don't know what's going on. Wish folks would take a sec to check other threads for info instead of going straight to thread creation and QQ

I've been trying to redirect players to this thread, but it doesn't seem to be working, lol

Chronosphear84
04-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Lol at this rate us Xbox players wont be playing again until tomorrow! :P

DejaVooDoo
04-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks for being so diligent about gathering the updates and editing the original posts to reflect. So much easier for us to find the info without having to go through pages of posts.

Suggestion: maybe throw a timestamp on the updates so we know the starting point each time they add an hour.

bdog6893
04-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Like I said no game developer works as hard as Trion look how fast they get to work to resolve issue

NBAxSaltpeder
NO we are tired of everyday the servers being down and this damn company cant get **** right and for the few of us that got suckered into the 150 dollar ******** pack, it is crazy everytime they do something the game becomes unstable!! I dont care what other people say it isnt like this in other mmo... and for the record to this isnt the first mmo on xbox but it could be the best if they just got their heads out of their *****!! im just tired of being disappointed if i have to wait ..i am cool with waiting i am not cool with never really playing the game...
:mad:

Adal8807
Hope this helps.

Yeah this was really helpful so thanks! Just wanted to show my appreciation!

I would have been lost otherwise, +5 internets

Barrik
04-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Good call, I will

D3ADLY BANANAS
04-16-2013, 08:58 AM
ahhhh i thought it was my xbox going bye bye, phew, JOYGASM

Barrik
04-16-2013, 09:06 AM
ahhhh i thought it was my xbox going bye bye, phew, JOYGASM

lol, that would be bad. I think I would actually sob like a little girl.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 09:09 AM
Thanks for being so diligent about gathering the updates and editing the original posts to reflect. So much easier for us to find the info without having to go through pages of posts.

Suggestion: maybe throw a timestamp on the updates so we know the starting point each time they add an hour.

Post #2 has been updated with approximate timestamps to help diffuse the confusion.

Azriel
04-16-2013, 09:17 AM

Yeah i know, its been killing me trying to figure out whats up with the time stamps...its like the times are all messed up.

ShadowStrider 7
New update from twitter.

DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 31s

We're finding issues with our latest patch - we're taking down Xbox and PC for maintenance. Check http://Forums.Defiance.Com for more info.

Barrik
DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 21s
We're finding issues with our latest patch - we're taking down Xbox and PC for maintenance. Check http://Forums.Defiance.Com for more info

Adding update from twitter to OP

Gabbro1000
04-16-2013, 09:18 AM
This thread is not aimed at QQing. It's aimed to bring people here to see the updates as they come in. We're attempting to stop the incessant posting about "my game doesn't work. my life is over!"

Apologies, I wasn't saying this thread was QQ. But many others are, my bad.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 09:19 AM
To further elaborate...

Barrik
04-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Apologies, I wasn't saying this thread was QQ. But many others are, my bad.

No worries bud. I understand the frustration.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 09:23 AM
No worries bud. I understand the frustration.

Off-topic; Fantastic avatar. I lol'd.

bc knivves
04-16-2013, 09:26 AM
as of 11:21am cst i downloaded a new patch that fixed the game error issue.servers r stil down tho.got the "the defiance service is not available.try again later" message.some info for u guys

Barrik
04-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Same thing here, I will make a note of it :)

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 09:29 AM

Confirmed. There is indeed a new patch to fix the patch (sounds funny)
Nice find, bc knivves!

Fury D514
04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Same here Defiance Server is not available after an additional mini patch - 5.29pm (GMT +1). So hopefully everything will work once they turn the servers back on.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Post#2 changed to reflect new information.

MaSh_MaN94
still no patch for the ps3?

Crushdaddy
Guess this is how they take back there bonus xp they decided to give us to keep us happy. Well im not to happy right now Trion.

cheetahstarzan
get it fixed i paid to play not to wait fix it now shame on you

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Everyone please relax and stop expecting to be spoon-fed. We all paid for this experience and we're all a little upset, but these kind of things are to be expected with any MMO, let alone one on consoles. Trion is doing a damn fine job and you all need to see that.

Barrik
04-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Everyone please relax and stop expecting to be spoon-fed. We all paid for this experience and we're all a little upset, but these kind of things are to be expected with any MMO, let alone one on consoles. Trion is doing a damn fine job and you all need to see that.

Agreed, maybe it comes from playing mostly mmos but I'm feelin pretty patient atm. Can't wait to play again later.

Sir_hellraiser
04-16-2013, 09:37 AM
You know what if you are pissed because there is some downtime then stop playing the game go back to playing barbie horse adventures. Trion is the only publisher i know that is willing to fix the issue and not push out any DLC.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Agreed, maybe it comes from playing mostly mmos but I'm feelin pretty patient atm. Can't wait to play again later.

Could you imagine if this was the traditional pay-to-play subscription based MMO? The forums would be chaotic!

KaNnEk 4
04-16-2013, 09:39 AM
I would like to know if the patch is supposed to DL then stop then start again then stop again, then save then start again. It keeps doing that, but seems like their is no progress in the DL....

WTF? LOL, I got a message right as I was writting this post: "CRITICAL --- PATCH ERROR"

Anyone know what's going on?

Barrik
04-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Could you imagine if this was the traditional pay-to-play subscription based MMO? The forums would be chaotic!

lol ikr? the swtor launch and then the following weeks of rage were hilarious. And the d3 forums hurt my soul they were so angry.

ShadowStrider 7
I would like to know if the patch is supposed to DL then stop then start again then stop again, then save then start again. It keeps doing that, but seems like their is no progress in the DL....

WTF? LOL, I got a message right as I was writting this post: "CRITICAL --- PATCH ERROR"

Anyone know what's going on?

No idea, but I will look into it for you and re-post when I find some (if any) answers. In the meantime, good luck with that!

cheetahstarzan
relax ? you can not tell me that i am buying a game that does not work. then be smart and tell me that you are down instead of telling me to redownload the game 5 times that is the mind of an ***

dr0mm3r
04-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Thank you for posting updates not speculations or gripe fest

Zalm
04-16-2013, 09:41 AM
lol ikr? the swtor launch and then the following weeks of rage were hilarious. And the d3 forums hurt my soul they were so angry.

You think its bad there at Blizzard on patch day? You should see LoL Forums on patch day....the community is already bad enough, tack in the fact that they cant vent frustration into the game....suddenly, they wanna rage on everything all at once in the forums. Its caustic over there.

Jammylambo
04-16-2013, 09:42 AM
relax ? you can not tell me that i am buying a game that does not work. then be smart and tell me that you are down instead of telling me to redownload the game 5 times that bis the mind of an ***

its not saying redownload you fool. their working on a fix for the error , only a damn ret**d would inscessantly redownload something that they are aware is broken , go have a look at the sunshine outside , play another game , let the guys do their job and quit having a hissy fit.

Barrik
04-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Thank you for posting updates not speculations or gripe fest

No worries. It's givin me something to do so I can avoid doing dishes :p

Crushdaddy
04-16-2013, 09:43 AM
if it were pay to play, xbox members would not have even bought the game. We already pay to play all games on our console. We will not pay no more.

WBuchanan
04-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Some of you kids are really, really, impatient... they are working it. Thanks Trion.

cheetahstarzan
04-16-2013, 09:45 AM
its not saying redownload you fool. their working on a fix for the error , only a damn ret**d would inscessantly redownload something that they are aware is broken , go have a look at the sunshine outside , play another game , let the guys do their job and quit having a hissy fit.

my xbox told me to redownload the game so do not tell me it did not

Sir_hellraiser
04-16-2013, 09:47 AM
11:40 am central time downloaded a small patch and now able to play on xbox live

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 09:48 AM
11:40 am central time downloaded a small patch and now able to play on xbox live
Already known, but thank you for posting, as others may have missed it! Keep the updates rolling!

if it were pay to play, xbox members would not have even bought the game. We already pay to play all games on our console. We will not pay no more.

Everyone pays to play games... You have it easy. As a former PC gamer and an avid MMO player, not only was I required to purchase the game, but in most cases, I was urged to continue to pay just to play it! This being Free to Play is a pretty good deal, imo.

As a console gamer now, I wouldn't mind paying to play a game on consoles, though I would urge developers to do something like this on next-gen, as the obviously outdated hardware and the current certification process is garbage. Everyone is spoiled with things like GameStop used game sales and Craigslist/Amazon/Ebay, trying to find a good deal.

herk33
04-16-2013, 09:51 AM
relax ? you can not tell me that i am buying a game that does not work. then be smart and tell me that you are down instead of telling me to redownload the game 5 times that is the mind of an ***

You must be new to MMO's, every one of them has downtime. Most of them have "Maintenance" aka once a week for an hour sometimes up to 8 (wow) where they are offline. Once they put the server back up you will stop getting that "redownload error". So many people complained about wanting the patch, now when they get it they complain about the down time. I personally think Trion is doing a good job listening to its customers and keeping us informed, way better than any other MMO ive played on that part

Barrik
04-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Not a flame thread guys, please refrain from erroneous comments about anger issues and frustrations

XSecretMilkshake
Everyone is freaking about the patch, and I'm just sitting here like why is the forum time wrong! I did not post this comment at 4 something pm!! It's only 11:52 am!!! But that's just me :P

Crushdaddy
Some of you kids are really, really, impatient... they are working it. Thanks Trion.

There are alot of impatient peeps in here. Theres also alot of peeps who pucker up and kiss on where the sun don't shine. I myself would rather be impatient.

Barrik
Everyone is freaking about the patch, and I'm just sitting here like why is the forum time wrong! I did not post this comment at 4 something pm!! It's only 11:52 am!!! But that's just me :P

lol just noticed that

KaNnEk 4
04-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks. It is annoying and this needed to be fixed. Guess I'll jump on some BO2 see what those new maps are about.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Update from twitter

DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 2m

Post #2 reflected.

Barrik
04-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Update from twitter

Grr, you beat me again :p

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Grr, you beat me again :p

lol my apologies. Trying my best, along with you, to stay on top of this mess in the hopes that all the kiddies will each get their cookie :D

elquietone
04-16-2013, 10:00 AM
I laugh!! @ everyone who was B|t<Hing yesterday for the patch and where it was and why it wasn't happening, and now your all mad again, because the patch you wanted so badly to fix issues, has now caused an issue.. So remind me again why you wanted the patch so badly in the first place?

This is why I told people yesterday, the patch would be early in the morning in case this very thing happened and then they could fix it before the majority of people start to try and play later in the day.

Here's a solution, I myself have over 100 XB games, I'm sure you guys have more than 1, go play one of those for an hr or 2, put on a movie, or take a good walk outside. When your done, in an hr or 2, maybe it will be fixed but it beats sitting here ranting about it, wasting time doing nothing.

Off to watch anime!

Barrik
04-16-2013, 10:01 AM
I laugh!! @ everyone who was B|t<Hing yesterday for the patch and where it was and why it wasn't happening, and now your all mad again, because the patch you wanted so badly to fix issues, has now caused an issue.. So remind me again why you wanted the patch so badly in the first place?

This is why I told people yesterday, the patch would be early in the morning in case this very thing happened and then they could fix it before the majority of people start to try and play later in the day.

Here's a solution, I myself have over 100 XB games, I'm sure you guys have more than 1, go play one of those for an hr or 2, put on a movie, or take a good walk outside. When your done, in an hr or 2, maybe it will be fixed but it beats sitting here ranting about it, wasting time doing nothing.

Off to watch anime!

This isn't a complaint thread at all. If you had read the OP you would have noticed it's for updates.

Nard
04-16-2013, 10:03 AM
You must be new to MMO's, every one of them has downtime. Most of them have "Maintenance" aka once a week for an hour sometimes up to 8 (wow) where they are offline. Once they put the server back up you will stop getting that "redownload error". So many people complained about wanting the patch, now when they get it they complain about the down time. I personally think Trion is doing a good job listening to its customers and keeping us informed, way better than any other MMO ive played on part

Really glad that someone brought this up. This is the second game I've played from Trion Worlds. Rift was the first. Anyone that has played Rift and is reading this will agree when I say that Trion Worlds does have a good history of listening to its customers on what needs fixed or added along with the amount of time they take in order to patch the game. Now Defiance, set aside on what you think about the game, has also done a pretty good job on going about this as well. Remember, in any business customer satisfaction is uno numero.

Thanx4tehfish
04-16-2013, 10:04 AM
There are alot of impatient peeps in here. Theres also alot of peeps who pucker up and kiss on where the sun don't shine. I myself would rather be impatient.

YES!!!! 1000x YES!!!!! Tell them this is unacceptable. Not kiss butt because they are fixing stuff that shouldn't have been broke in the first place. I would prefer future games I buy to work out of the box and not give an excuse to others that so they can push an unfinished game out and fix it whenever

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 10:05 AM
YES!!!! 1000x YES!!!!! Tell them this is unacceptable. Not kiss butt because they are fixing stuff that shouldn't have been broke in the first place. I would prefer future games I buy to work out of the box and not give an excuse to others that so they can push an unfinished game out and fix it whenever

Please try to keep your comments constructive and on-topic as this thread is aimed at keeping you all informed. If you all want to have a butthurt war, please do so via PMs.

Barrik
04-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Please try to keep your comments constructive and on-topic as this thread is aimed at keeping you all informed. If you all want to have a butthurt war, please do so via PMs.

I lol'd at butthurt war, still am. Finding it hard to type laughing so hard!! :)

XSecretMilkshake
04-16-2013, 10:08 AM

[Insert you got owned quote here] lolz at butthurt war XD

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 10:08 AM
I lol'd at butthurt war, still am. Finding it hard to type laughing so hard!! :)

Haha, glad to be of service.

XSecretMilkshake
04-16-2013, 10:09 AM
I know this is a little off topic but how many posts do you have to make to become a member of the forum instead of junior?

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 10:10 AM
I know this is a little off topic but how many posts do you have to make to become a member of the forum instead of junior?
I think it's anywhere from 25-50 for member and 50-100 for senior but don't quote me. I just noticed that I am now a "senior member". I'm obviously late to that party.

elquietone
04-16-2013, 10:11 AM

50 then 100

Thanx4tehfish
04-16-2013, 10:12 AM

That was constructive. Saying that there isn't issues when there is, is what is not constructive. I am sorry pointing this out gives Trion's butt a boo boo that you feel the need to kiss better though

D3ADLY BANANAS
04-16-2013, 10:13 AM
what does a butthurt war consist of? sounds messy

XSecretMilkshake
04-16-2013, 10:13 AM
I think it's anywhere from 50-100, but don't quote me. I just noticed that I am now a "senior member".

Ok i will just keep typing away. There's just something about junior member i don't like.... I think it reminds me of Nick Jr. which makes me think of blues clues (man that was back in the day) and it just makes me feel sooo little X_X

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Ok i will just keep typing away. There's just something about junior member i don't like.... I think it reminds me of Nick Jr. which makes me think of blues clues (man that was back in the day) and it just makes me feel sooo little X_X

Haha. Been there man.

Barrik
04-16-2013, 10:14 AM
That was constructive. Saying that there isn't issues when there is, is what is not constructive. I am sorry pointing this out gives Trion's butt a boo boo that you feel the need to kiss better though

You missed the point. This isn't a "praising" thread or a "butt hurt" thread. It's for updates. There are plenty of those types of threads all over the place. We're just trying to keep people informed in a pretty much non biased way.

XSecretMilkshake
04-16-2013, 10:15 AM
what does a butthurt war consist of? sounds messy

^^^^^^ This right here is the questions that make me love to wake up in the morning! rofl XD

XSecretMilkshake
04-16-2013, 10:16 AM
50 then 100

Thanks for the confirmation on that :)

Sir_hellraiser
04-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Update Servers are down

ryzo
04-16-2013, 10:17 AM
You missed the point. This isn't a "praising" thread or a "butt hurt" thread. It's for updates. There are plenty of those types of threads all over the place. We're just trying to keep people informed in a pretty much non biased way.

so its been down for 3 hours now will it be on soon?

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 10:17 AM

Here's the thing; If you want to be upset about Trion "screwing the pooch", then you have every right to do so. However, rather than come here and expect to be spoon-fed, why don't you do something constructive and e-mail Trion's customer service? Contact corporate? Talk to them on Twitter or FaceBook? The forums are occasionally monitored by DEVs and CMs, but definitely not as monitored as the social media outlets are. Just a little FYI for you.

Also, I never stated that there weren't issues; There definitely are, but we don't all run around like chickens with their heads cut off when problems arise. Yes the game is down right now and yes, I only have a little bit of time left to play it before work, but am I mad? No. Because tomorrow is another day to play.

Barrik
04-16-2013, 10:18 AM
so its been down for 3 hours now will it be on soon?

The OP and the first reply by strider are being updated as info comes in

cheetahstarzan
04-16-2013, 10:18 AM
fix it have no excuses , it is an on line game and my internet is working and so should the game

D3ADLY BANANAS
04-16-2013, 10:22 AM
fix it have no excuses , it is an on line game and my internet is working and so should the game
just chill out and do some poo parkour like i am

Defenze
04-16-2013, 10:24 AM

This is good advice. Chill and let things work out as they should. Kate told me the other day, "good things come to those who wait". And so......I wait. Thanks for the updates fellows.

XSecretMilkshake
04-16-2013, 10:24 AM

^^^^^^Do you guys not see this?!?! This guy is comedic gold! I can't stop laughing!

Sir_hellraiser
04-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Go take some ritalin

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Go take some [REDACTED]

Please try and refrain from these types of comments (however accurate they might be) as they tend to get threads locked. If you wouldn't mind altering your post, I would be most grateful, as this thread is essential for updating the masses :D

D3ADLY BANANAS
04-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Please try and refrain from these types of comments (however accurate they might be) as they tend to get threads locked. If you wouldn't mind altering your post, I would be most grateful, as this thread is essential for updating the masses :D

have they said a time scale the servers will be down?, my girlfriend is looking at me expecting a conversation out of me and Im just not ready to hear about her day at work

Sir_hellraiser
04-16-2013, 10:31 AM

You cant alter the truth at your convience

Sir_hellraiser
04-16-2013, 10:32 AM
have they said a time scale the servers will be down?, my girlfriend is looking at me expecting a conversation out of me and Im just not ready to hear about her day at work

Maybe you are not ready for a real relationship

Luffy490
04-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks for posting that information.

It sucks this did happen (I'm pretty sure they are frustrated at this), but I appreciate the fact that their patch notes is massive. They are really working on the game, so kudos to you, Trion. Keep up the good work :cool:

As for the error, I don't care. I'm sure you guys can handle it ;) I've seen a noticeable change from release day-to-now.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 10:35 AM

The last we heard was that PC and Xbox Servers are down with no ETA as to when they will be back up. My educated guess would be that they (servers) will be back online in an hour or two.

D3ADLY BANANAS
04-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Maybe you are not ready for a real relationship
maybe im not, thanks complete stranger on the internet for sorting my life out

D3ADLY BANANAS
04-16-2013, 10:38 AM
The last we heard was that PC and Xbox Servers are down with no ETA as to when they will be back up. My educated guess would be that they (servers) will be back online in an hour or two.
ah ok cool, thanking you kindly

Sir_hellraiser
04-16-2013, 10:40 AM
maybe im not, thanks complete stranger on the internet for sorting my life out
You are most welcome

tooley576
04-16-2013, 10:45 AM
You are most welcome
Are you offering free life lessons by any chance?

Mad George 88
04-16-2013, 10:46 AM
i hope they get up soon I havnt played in 3 days

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Just a reminder; Don't forget to check Page 1 (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?38532-XBOX-Game-Error-was-addressed), Post #1 and Post #2 for all of your Patch needs.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 10:53 AM
New twitter post.

Our team is working to resolve remaining issues around Patch 1.010. We apologize for the delay and will update again shortly

Post #2 reflected.

Thanx4tehfish
04-16-2013, 11:01 AM

Huh and here I thought that is what the whole Server Update Section was for. And why all the threads there are closed. I guess you are a special snowflake and get to make your own thread in general discussion for the exact same purpose. Only you get to moderate it by yourself because this is your thread right? Good job BTW. Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Huh and here I thought that is what the whole Server Update Section was for. And why all the threads there are closed. I guess you are a special snowflake and get to make your own thread in general discussion for the exact same purpose. Only you get to moderate it by yourself because this is your thread right? Good job BTW. Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.
Please be respectful and constructive. If you need somewhere to vent, use one of the other 50 threads about how "Trion screwed us all".

Pillz
04-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Speaking of butthurt wars, label your leftovers...I got my kung pow chicken from last night mixed up with the kung pow chicken from last week. QQ

tooley576
04-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Any new updates?

Crushdaddy
04-16-2013, 11:12 AM
How did 1 hour become 3 hours? Maybe you should have left the game alone. Might have been choppy with a few bugs and glitches but atleast we could still play the game.

TiamaT
04-16-2013, 11:17 AM
I would be a lot less annoyed by this, if it weren't for the fact that they used the 360 version to test their patch. While I'm sitting here on my day off, waiting for the game to work, the guys on PS3 are playing away. They won't get the patch now, until it's already fixed... That's crap.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Just a reminder; Don't forget to check Page 1 (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?38532-XBOX-Game-Error-was-addressed), Post #1 and Post #2 for all of your Patch needs.

No new updates as of yet, but the issues seems to be coming to an end. Expect an update soon.

I would be a lot less annoyed by this, if it weren't for the fact that they used the 360 version to test their patch. While I'm sitting here on my day off, waiting for the game to work, the guys on PS3 are playing away. They won't get the patch now, until it's already fixed... That's crap.

This is incorrect. What you need to understand is that the certification process that Microsoft and Sony use are completely different. They did not use the 360 as a test subject. Something clearly either went awry with the certification from microsoft, or the actual patch had some instability to it. Regardless, it has been noted and is being addressed. I too am losing playtime and have to work soon, but Trion is doing a damn fine job of making this work, so you need to give them a little more credit.

Thanx4tehfish
04-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Please be respectful and constructive. If you need somewhere to vent, use one of the other 50 threads about how "Trion screwed us all".

Again that was constructive and positive and had nothing to do with Trion screwing us. If you feel the need to moderate why not apply for a job?

Crushdaddy
04-16-2013, 11:21 AM
It will be fixed for a whole day. Then the next day it will need updates again and again and again. You will also need to have 8000 GB to store all of the updates this game needs to even play. Im the impatient guy. Im the one who bought this game for 60 dollars and havn't been playing it much because TRION decided to sell me a game that wasn't complete. Fool me once, you wont get me again.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Again that was constructive and positive and had nothing to do with Trion screwing us. If you feel the need to moderate why not apply for a job?

I don't "feel the need" to moderate; I simply wish to keep this thread on-topic, to help others gain information. A lot of people are frustrated by this patch and this thread (as stated before) is aimed at easing the frustration by keeping everyone well informed.

tooley576
04-16-2013, 11:26 AM
If you can't be patient and want to rant go do **** around the house... Go cheer on the grass to make it grow faster

DejaVooDoo
04-16-2013, 11:26 AM

They're not "testing" anything on XBox. Something went wrong with the patch. XBox AND PC are down to fix that problem. PS3 was never expected to get the patch today. I don't own a PS3 so I don't know why, but PS3 always seems to get patches last for multi-platform games.

TiamaT
04-16-2013, 11:30 AM
This is incorrect. What you need to understand is that the certification process that Microsoft and Sony use are completely different. They did not use the 360 as a test subject. Something clearly either went awry with the certification from microsoft, or the actual patch had some instability to it. Regardless, it has been noted and is being addressed. I too am losing playtime and have to work soon, but Trion is doing a damn fine job of making this work, so you need to give them a little more credit.

They obviously aren't doing a good job, otherwise there wouldn't be a whole lot of people wasting their time on this forum.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 11:31 AM
They obviously aren't doing a good job, otherwise there wouldn't be a whole lot of people wasting their time on this forum.
Take a look at my timeline in Post #2, Page 1 of this thread. Look at the frequency of the updates. They are indeed doing a good job.

Crushdaddy
04-16-2013, 11:34 AM
If you can't be patient and want to rant go do **** around the house... Go cheer on the grass to make it grow faster

I guess we all are suppose to be happy happy happy..... Them guys at Trion are so nice and on top of things all day every day. Some real hard working fellows those guys are. Thing is, I been hearing this ever since the beta came out for the PC. 4 to 5 months and there still on top of things? Its pretty bad when the beta of a game turns out being better then the game is. The beta was garbage but so far, this game has been ****

Thanx4tehfish
04-16-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't "feel the need" to moderate; I simply wish to keep this thread on-topic, to help others gain information. A lot of people are frustrated by this patch and this thread (as stated before) is aimed at easing the frustration by keeping everyone well informed.

But we are not allowed to vent said frustrations because why? The whole section dedicated to server updates isn't good enough why? You didn't realize that this is exactly what would happen why? So either you are incredibly dense or want to be super mod. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 11:37 AM
I guess we all are suppose to be happy happy happy..... Them guys at Trion are so nice and on top of things all day every day. Some real hard working fellows those guys are. Thing is, I been hearing this ever since the beta came out for the PC. 4 to 5 months and there still on top of things? Its pretty bad when the beta of a game turns out being better then the game is. The beta was garbage but so far, this game has been ****
I actually disagree. The game is ages away from what the BETA was. As far as lag and glitching and losing weapons; I've had next to none.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 11:40 AM
But we are not allowed to vent said frustrations because why? The whole section dedicated to server updates isn't good enough why? You didn't realize that this is exactly what would happen why? So either you are incredibly dense or want to be super mod. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not the creator of this thread, I am simply helping to keep it on track and updated as we get the information. I do not wish to be a "mod" or a "super mod", nor do I wish to be called "dense". There are too many children and immature adults perusing these forums lately. And nobody ever uses the search button or checks the Server Updates thread, so this thread was created to give a secondary source of reliable information.

Crushdaddy
04-16-2013, 11:42 AM

I agree with you... Someone doesn't have a clue

Crushdaddy
04-16-2013, 11:44 AM
I actually disagree. The game is ages away from what the BETA was. As far as lag and glitching and losing weapons; I've had next to none.

Im not surprised you disagree.

Thanx4tehfish
04-16-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm not the creator of this thread, I am simply helping to keep it on track and updated as we get the information. I do not wish to be a "mod" or a "super mod", nor do I wish to be called "dense". There are too many children and immature adults perusing these forums lately. And nobody ever uses the search button or checks the Server Updates thread, so this thread was created to give a secondary source of reliable information.
LOL so if no one uses the search and no one checks the updates anyways this thread serves the same purpose as all the rest. Only you don't want it too. Whatever makes you feel better I suppose.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 11:51 AM
LOL so if no one uses the search and no one checks the updates anyways this thread serves the same purpose as all the rest. Only you don't want it too. Whatever makes you feel better I suppose.

Keeping the thread updated and at the top of the General Discussion>General - Xbox 360 forums will help the lazy people get their information with minimal effort. Can you honestly not see the benefit of this? With the fast pace of today's world, nobody wants to sift through 5-50 pages of information or scour countless threads/forums. This centralizes all of the information currently available to us, with minimal effort on the searcher's part.

Hydra0ne
04-16-2013, 11:52 AM
ShadowStrider 7

Thank you for the updates and defending the game. People will QQ about Air if you give them the chance too. Just happy they are fixing the issue we gave them as feed back instead of leaving them alone. I would rather have the game go down for hours or days to play a smoother game with my friends and family. The game is free to play. I have no doubts that when the game is finally ready to go back up it will be great.

Edited: Also i am not Lazy.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
ShadowStrider 7

Thank you for the updates and defending the game. People will QQ about Air if you give them the chance too. Just happy they are fixing the issue we gave them as feed back instead of leaving them alone. I would rather have the game go down for hours or days to play a smoother game with my friends and family. The game is free to play. I have no doubts that when the game is finally ready to go back up it will be great.

Thank you. I appreciate your understanding and kind words, but I must also suggest that you give credit where credit is due. Barrik (http://forums.defiance.com/member.php?2270303-Barrik) is the thread's creator and therefore also deserves credit for this effort.

Again, thank you for your words. It gives me hope.

Thanx4tehfish
04-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Keeping the thread updated and at the top of the General Discussion>General - Xbox 360 forums will help the lazy people get their information with minimal effort. Can you honestly not see the benefit of this? With the fast pace of today's world, nobody wants to sift through 5-50 pages of information or scour countless threads/forums. This centralizes all of the information currently available to us, with minimal effort on the searcher's part.

No I don't see the benefit. Not when there is at least 3 threads asking when the servers will be up at the time of posting this. At least with people venting it was keeping it at the top. But that hurts your feelings and I guess takes away that special feeling you from being Trion's white knight. Or hurts your paycheck.

Frantic Poet
04-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Thank you. I appreciate your understanding and kind words, but I must also suggest that you give credit where credit is due. Barrik (http://forums.defiance.com/member.php?2270303-Barrik) is the thread's creator and therefore also deserves credit for this effort.

Again, thank you for your words. It gives me hope.
Great OP and thanks to everyone trying to contribute. Having all the updates here is very convenient. The Trion server status thread has also been a good source.

We're working to address all the issues that came up in the patch - still no ETA for you folks. Please bear with us!
Just caught that new update.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 12:04 PM
No I don't see the benefit. Not when there is at least 3 threads asking when the servers will be up at the time of posting this. At least with people venting it was keeping it at the top. But that hurts your feelings and I guess takes away that special feeling you from being Trion's white knight. Or hurts your paycheck.

I'm truly sorry, Thanx4tehfish, but I really don't see the need to continue our conversation. It's been a pleasure chatting with you and I wish you the best of luck in-game and in your life. Take care for now. :)

Caboose
04-16-2013, 12:06 PM
I tried to enjoying playing Halo 4 while waiting for the servers to come back on but i found it lacking in awsomeness!! I keep refreshing pages hoping that they will go "yippeeee come and play".........yes i am sad :(

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 12:09 PM
I tried to enjoying playing Halo 4 while waiting for the servers to come back on but i found it lacking in awsomeness!! I keep refreshing pages hoping that they will go "yippeeee come and play".........yes i am sad :(

Don't lose hope! We should be hearing something soon.

Caboose
04-16-2013, 12:11 PM
I shall never lose hope, might lose my mind but never hope!!

Meredith
04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
I was hoping to get some great news on this thread, but alas, I am deeply disappointed. Well, "a watched pot never boils". So, I'm going to do something constructive...

Thanks for keeping us updated :)

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 12:19 PM
I was hoping to get some great news on this thread, but alas, I am deeply disappointed. Well, "a watched pot never boils". So, I'm going to do something constructive...

Thanks for keeping us updated :)
I do apologize for disappointing you, but we can only provide the information that we have received.

Youkai Risu
04-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Sigh I m happy its being fixed just bummed cause my other 2 games I just beat this week waiting for servers to come back up.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Sigh I m happy its being fixed just bummed cause my other 2 games I just beat this week waiting for servers to come back up.

Haha, I hear ya.

Youkai Risu
04-16-2013, 12:27 PM
Guess this means time to finish entering all the codes to max it out online...

caedus1337
04-16-2013, 12:29 PM

and here it is now 1428 CDT and they are still down? any idea how much longer we may have to wait? got home from work downloaded the 360 patch hoped to play and........ nothing

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 12:32 PM
and here it is now 1428 CDT and they are still down? any idea how much longer we may have to wait? got home from work downloaded the 360 patch hoped to play and........ nothing

Sadly, no. Xbox 360 and PC servers are currently down, with no ETA as to when they will be back online. Check back often for updates, though. Post 1 and 2 on the first page has all the information.

Kye Azreal
04-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Dude, you speak the truth. I've gotten so good at COD that even online is too easy, GTAIV has too many modders online now, I've literally done everything there is to do in Borderland 2, Skyrim is just too boring after all of the main and DLC storylines, and to top it all off, I'm off work today and all my homies are at work so I don't have **** to do besides play xbox. I just wish the server was back up so I could kill some time lol.

Meredith
04-16-2013, 12:54 PM
I was blaming you at all. Just wish I had got on before the patch went live this morning. So I wouldn't be going through withdrawals right now.

Waiting Patiently...

I do apologize for disappointing you, but we can only provide the information that we have received.

Stevio3000
04-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Conspiracy theory - the guys at trion have done this on purpose in order to gain more twitter followers, pretty sure @defiancegame had around 41k followers this afternoon - they now have nearly 49k
sneaky... very sneaky!!!

Youkai Risu
04-16-2013, 12:58 PM
codes finished...now for the servers to come back :)

Tibbs
04-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Well their twitter has been quite for 2 hrs. Who knows.

Stabbers
04-16-2013, 01:08 PM
I dont get it, we've all downloaded the hotfix patch and its gotten rid of the Xbox game error message.

Just flick the damn server switch and get us going already.

Barrik
04-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Came back from class still waitin, last thing mentioned from twitter was

Our team is working to resolve remaining issues around Patch 1.010. We apologize for the delay and will update again shortly #DefiancePatch

At approx. 1100 AM PST

XSecretMilkshake
04-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Came back from class still waitin, last thing mentioned from twitter was

Our team is working to resolve remaining issues around Patch 1.010. We apologize for the delay and will update again shortly #DefiancePatch

At approx. 1100 AM PST

I'm starting to think the game will be down all day, and maybe into tomorrow :/

DejaVooDoo
04-16-2013, 01:32 PM
No new info, but there was this at noon Pacific/3 Eastern from CM Myll_Erik on the sever status thread:

"We're working to address all the issues that came up in the patch - still no ETA for you folks. Please bear with us!"

KaNnEk 4
04-16-2013, 04:02 PM
We're going on 8 hrs now, still nothing new. This is poopy......... I have been doing everything except play this game................!