PDA

View Full Version : nothing to do with xbox or the game but the show

hey u
04-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Just saw the tv show and im not going to watch it on tv. There is way way to many commercials. So if your tv show ratings are down its because I think of all the commercials. Like really this many man I got my mom and dad to sit down and watch it with me and they could only last the first hour. Its like every time the show starts to get good and starting to get me on the edge of my seat boom commercials. So I will not be watching as well as a few friends of mine too ive heard they agree way to many commercials to get into this show so im saying if your tv views are down other people may be doing what im doing and waiting till its on stream or dvd because as it was on tv I cant get into it or watch so this sucks o well thank god for stream so when I watch it no commercials thank god

TheSavageSage
04-16-2013, 08:46 AM
That's kind of a sad reason to watch the show... Why not record or DVR it and fast forward through the commercials? Also, I have seen soooooo many people say the same thing "I only got through an hour of it before _____." Honestly the 2nd hour ROCKED!

kniferun
04-16-2013, 08:50 AM
I normally try to squeeze a TV show within my beloved commercials. After every commercial i get brushed with a little amnesia forgetting what i watched before the last commercial. Sometimes during commercials i try to remember what show i was watching all together. My mind has grown to ignore commercials, which has me go into a coma.

Roggie
04-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Um, OP, have you watched TV in the last decade? Every show is like that...

therokito
04-16-2013, 08:53 AM
in an hour timeslot, a tv show s only 42-44 minutes long, so thats 16-18 minutes of commercials, and this applies to every show on tv right now.
im curious how your just noticing this now

kniferun
04-16-2013, 08:58 AM
I dont know about everywhere else. In canada, on showcase, the premiere show was only 1hour and 40 minutes. everyone else had to deal with 20 minutes of extra commercials. If it was spread out for the full 2 hours for everyone else.

Xykes
04-16-2013, 09:00 AM
6:00 EST show airs. 7:00 EST show is uploaded. By 9:00 PST show is downloaded commercial free :)

hey u
04-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Thank u for the tip xykes

FattyMcG33
04-16-2013, 09:14 AM
there is way way to many commercials.

l2dvr

RowdyLaBear
04-16-2013, 09:17 AM
they have to make money some how, if you dont want to watch commericials when the show starts pause it and go crank it or something long enough so u can fast forward through them

XSecretMilkshake
04-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Just saw the tv show and im not going to watch it on tv. There is way way to many commercials. So if your tv show ratings are down its because I think of all the commercials. Like really this many man I got my mom and dad to sit down and watch it with me and they could only last the first hour. Its like every time the show starts to get good and starting to get me on the edge of my seat boom commercials. So I will not be watching as well as a few friends of mine too ive heard they agree way to many commercials to get into this show so im saying if your tv views are down other people may be doing what im doing and waiting till its on stream or dvd because as it was on tv I cant get into it or watch so this sucks o well thank god for stream so when I watch it no commercials thank god

All shows have around the same amount of commercial time. Only reason it seems a bit more is because it was a 2 hour premiere, which i doubt it will be a 2 hour long show every time.

kniferun
04-16-2013, 09:38 AM
The show was stretched out to fit the 2 hours. the premiere started here at 10pm and ended at 11:40pm and the commercials seemed longer then normal. i would have hated to see the commercials in stretched out 2 hour version.

dash x73
04-16-2013, 09:46 AM
.... I mostly just don't like the way tv shows look, they don't put enough time into it, vs a movie, watch the first episode of defiance and then watch Blade Runner (1982).. see the difference? and that show was made in 1982. shows how crap tv is..

RedScar
04-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Seemed like every other show commercial wise to me.