PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal with this patch then?

LALLY
04-16-2013, 08:42 AM
I decided not to play defiance while this patch was happening, I imagined there would be problems which is a shame, think ill just wait another couple days and let them sort it. ive seen a lot of posts with people moaning but cant find too many specifics....is the game unplayable after the patch, was there problems downloading it, did anything really feel different???

Bushmaster2000
04-16-2013, 08:44 AM
Ya i expect Defiance for the rest of the week is going to be about the same as it was launch week.

RookieOnDuty
04-16-2013, 08:45 AM
I decided not to play defiance while this patch was happening, I imagined there would be problems which is a shame, think ill just wait another couple days and let them sort it. ive seen a lot of posts with people moaning but cant find too many specifics....is the game unplayable after the patch, was there problems downloading it, did anything really feel different???

They don't know since the patch makes an error that tells them to reinstall it, again and again, Trion have made tweets that they are fixing it, though it might take some time.

LALLY
04-16-2013, 08:47 AM
They don't know since the patch makes an error that tells them to reinstall it, again and again, Trion have made tweets that they are fixing it, though it might take some time.

so every one on xbox cant play defiance at the moment?

RookieOnDuty
Oh and by the way, us on PS3 haven't even gotten the patch yet...

RookieOnDuty
so every one on xbox cant play defiance at the moment?

Correct, they extended the downtime on Xbox with an hour.

RookieOnDuty
04-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Just throwing in a link if interested:

https://twitter.com/DefianceGame

LALLY
04-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Correct, they extended the downtime on Xbox with an hour.

thanks, lets hope they sort everything soon, I get the feeling people are loosing patience

Vion Diamonds
04-16-2013, 08:51 AM
They better add more time for double xp that they gave us as well as the xp and scrip bonus's I bought myself and clan.
This is dumb.
They NEED to get this sh!t straight.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 08:51 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?38532-XBOX-Game-Error-was-addressed

^All of your Defiance patch needs and questions answered there.

Tibbs
04-16-2013, 08:52 AM
So another hour then?? Blah

RookieOnDuty
04-16-2013, 08:53 AM
So another hour then?? Blah

Be glad you get it today, PS3 user's, like me, have to wait for... Oh right, we don't know.

REiiGN15
04-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Some being halted from playing a video game for a bit is probably saving their lives right now.

starcheif
04-16-2013, 08:54 AM
I get a day off and this happens :( o well things should be better because of it :).

LALLY
04-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Be glad you get it today, PS3 user's, like me, have to wait for... Oh right, we don't know.

yeh seems a bit harsh u guys don't have even a vague time of when you will get it

Crushdaddy
04-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Im losing patience with this game and company.

RookieOnDuty
04-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Im losing patience with this game and company.

You try and make an MMO on three platforms...

The downtime was extended for an hour, go out and get some extra fresh air or, anything.

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Trion is a huge joke of a company, that's what the deal with the patch is.

RookieOnDuty
04-16-2013, 09:06 AM

Oh my god... Do anyone in this day and age know of a thing called patience, and logic or maybe common sense for that matter?

Roggie
04-16-2013, 09:08 AM

Apparently you don't know how any of this works... You realize everything has to go exactly right for it to go smoothly, and the odds of that happening, especially for the first major patch for their first multi platform MMO, is next to impossible, right? Quit being selfish and actually try to understand what's going on...

Lucifuss
04-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Wonders why mmo's attract no lifers :/

mrgrimezHD
04-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Oh mu god... Do anyone in this day and age know of a thing called patience, and logic or maybe common sense for that matter?

Nope, all they know how to do is throw their toys out of the pram, cry, and wait for the teat of satisfaction to be placed firmly in their mouths. Only not liking the milk, coming back on here and crying some more.

RookieOnDuty
04-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Nope, all they know how to do is throw their toys out of the pram, cry, and wait for the teat of satisfaction to be placed firmly in their mouths. Only not liking the milk, coming back on here and crying some more.

Sadly, its the truth.

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Wonders why mmo's attract no lifers :/

Wonders why forums attract idiots that make arbitrary statements based on general assumptions.

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:18 AM
LOL @ All the butthurt kids in this thread running to Trion's defense.

starcheif
04-16-2013, 09:20 AM
We now have no ETA :(

"**UPDATE*** We're finding issues with our latest patch - we're taking down Xbox and PC for maintenance. No ETA for bringing them back online. "

mrgrimezHD
04-16-2013, 09:21 AM

We aren't the ones crying, so doesn't that mean your the ones who are butthurt?. Simple logic applied there, try it some time.

ArchAngel93
04-16-2013, 09:24 AM
eh just need to be patient meanwhile i like reading the threads on the forums and listening to music it passes by time plus you got the rest of your life to play defiance whats an hour really going to do -_- like others suggested just do somthing to pass the time by im sure this game isnt the highlight of your day.

RookieOnDuty
04-16-2013, 09:25 AM

... Really, please tell me you were trying to be funny, please oh please...

ArchAngel93
04-16-2013, 09:27 AM
just leave it be lol no point in arguing if he doesnt like it then he will sell it lol thats fine with me if all these players that have a problem with trion leaves the game will probably run a little bit better with them gone anyways.

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:28 AM
ITT: Fanboys blaming everyone but Trion for Defiance problems.

wolfy2270
04-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Some being halted from playing a video game for a bit is probably saving their lives right now.

or endangering someone else....lol

mrgrimezHD
04-16-2013, 09:30 AM

We're blaming Microsoft, not everyone... do you know that Logic I previously mentioned?

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:31 AM
We aren't the ones crying, so doesn't that mean your the ones who are butthurt?. Simple logic applied there, try it some time.

Look guys! I have a fan! He's been following me around and quoting me all morning! That's so sweeeeeeeeet! And you guys are the ones crying, crying about all the people giving Trion ****.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37045235.jpg

Roggie
We're blaming Microsoft, not everyone... do you know that Logic I previously mentioned?

Go look at his other posts. He's just running around trolling for self enjoyment. I would say ignore him, but it's more fun to shred a troll's logic so other people don't believe them.

ArchAngel93

lol well we dont really care if u hate it or not u can just not play the game if the company frustrates you that much. considering how you came on a trion games forum to bash on the company when obviously the company and its players dont really care about your opinion (:

Barrik
04-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Look guys! I have a fan! He's been following me around and quoting me all morning! That's so sweeeeeeeeet! And you guys are the ones crying, crying about all the people giving Trion ****.

I am a bit of a Trion fanboy but holy crap I love this ^^

RookieOnDuty
04-16-2013, 09:33 AM
just leave it be lol no point in arguing if he doesnt like it then he will sell it lol thats fine with me if all these players that have a problem with trion leaves the game will probably run a little bit better with them gone anyways.

The problem is they won't leave until, they for some inexplicable reason, make their way around the forum.

And I try in a futile attempt to tell people that it's actually NOT easy to make an MMO, especially one that runs on multiple platform, which is not something that is done much, so they won't really know what will happen when it goes live.

Zalm
04-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Go look at his other posts. He's just running around trolling for self enjoyment. I would say ignore him, but it's more fun to shred a troll's logic so other people don't believe them.

I agree....troll logic is fantastically absurd, and proving it wrong in front of everyone else makes them not only seem less believable, but also make them look like an idiot to everyone but themselves. They like the feel themselves as the lone warrior against the tide, but in all essence, they look like the idiot running into traffic.

mrgrimezHD
04-16-2013, 09:35 AM

All morning? ... I've been to work and logged on about an hour ago or so, I've quoted you and your posts around 4 times.

That's so sweet? I'm not your fan but seeing that you purposely went out of your way to download a Britney Spears related picture from google and then add some text, in an attempt to 'fit in' by disguising the fact your butthurt is quite flattering.

RookieOnDuty
04-16-2013, 09:36 AM
I agree....troll logic is fantastically absurd, and proving it wrong in front of everyone else makes them not only seem less believable, but also make them look like an idiot to everyone but themselves. They like the feel themselves as the lone warrior against the tide, but in all essence, they look like the idiot running into traffic.

Love the mental image, oh my god.

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:37 AM

Atleast I don't look like an RPing do-uche. lol Hey ZALM! "Master of your domain" sup cool guy

Is your "domain" that closet space beneath the stairs dimly lit by your computer monitor?

ArchAngel93
04-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Love the mental image, oh my god.

lol i just feel like they are the babies that constantly seek attention for their lone and pathetic excuse for a life usually trolls have deeper problems at hand then whatever they have to troll about,personal issues.

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:39 AM
All morning? ... I've been to work and logged on about an hour ago or so, I've quoted you and your posts around 4 times.

That's so sweet? I'm not your fan but seeing that you purposely went out of your way to download a Britney Spears related picture from google and then add some text, in an attempt to 'fit in' by disguising the fact your butthurt is quite flattering.

Ever been to memegenerator? Literally takes like 2 seconds...

Pyth
04-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Perspective is a hell of a thing eh?

Well, here's hoping you guys get it soon.

mrgrimezHD
04-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Ever been to memegenerator? Literally takes like 2 seconds...

Ever wondered what's it like to know that I actually don't give a ****?

ArchAngel93
04-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Perspective is a hell of a thing eh?

Well, here's hoping you guys get it soon.

I just hope all consoles get it soon a stong community for the game makes a big difference (:

Zalm
04-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Atleast I don't look like an RPing do-uche. lol Hey ZALM! "Master of your domain" sup cool guy

Is your "domain" that closet space beneath the stairs dimly lit by your computer monitor?

And his troll logic has become ever so clear and evident. At least it only took like 4 posts to figure it out....

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Ever wondered what's it like to know that I actually don't give a ****?

Yet you quoted and replied to me....

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:46 AM
And his troll logic has become ever so clear and evident. At least it only took like 4 posts to figure it out....

I noticed you like to dance around questions. So was I right? Is it the closet space? Or are you living it up in the basement?

mrgrimezHD
04-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Yet you quoted and replied to me....

Indeed I did? what's your point? You asked me about a meme generator which I couldn't careless about, you on the other hand, I think I've made you look more foolish then you set out.

Did you forget the 'D' on the end of you nickname? because with your logic and utter ******** it can only account for you being extremely high or you actually think the sun shines out of your arse and everything you say is 100% gospel.

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Indeed I did? what's your point? You asked me about a meme generator which I couldn't careless about, you on the other hand, I think I've made you look more foolish then you set out.

Did you forget the 'D' on the end of you nickname? because with your logic and utter ******** it can only account for you being extremely high or you actually think the sun shines out of your arse and everything you say is 100% gospel.

Well, if one really doesn't care they wouldn't take the time to respond, would they? I know when I don't care I laugh and keep scrolling. Sheesh, I must be under your skin, big guy. Go drink some tea and calm down.

mrgrimezHD
04-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Well, if one really doesn't care they wouldn't take the time to respond, would they? I know when I don't care I laugh and keep scrolling. Sheesh, I must be under your skin, big guy. Go drink some tea and calm down.

Hmm, I can assure you, you're not under my skin.

iN4 Hitman
04-16-2013, 10:13 AM
UsuallyDope you're a tool