PDA

View Full Version : To People Who Have "Done" All Pursuits And Say Game Is Small

CapN CooK 420
04-16-2013, 08:43 AM
When looking for data recorders did you find them yourselves or did you just google or check the forums?
Those are saposed to take you forever to find. Not 10 mins because of some online guide. If you want the game to last don't cheat your way through it.....

JustinM19
04-16-2013, 08:48 AM
When looking for data recorders did you find them yourselves or did you just google or check the forums?
Those are saposed to take you forever to find. Not 10 mins because of some online guide. If you want the game to last don't cheat your way through it.....

I only commented beacuse your location is set to the moon. I dont beleive your a moon man.

fishboy11
04-16-2013, 08:49 AM
oh whatever, what about when they stick them in areas people have already fully completed, you expect people to go back and spend hours combing every inch looking just for data recorders, its not gonna happen, quit making excuses for trions lack of content and the way they just recycle the same stuff, where is our new content and episode missions we were supposed to get with the show? oh that right we didnt get ant actual missions or real content just 2 tiny recycled pursuits, wheres our dlc with new content, oh that right pushed back at least 3 weeks but with no definitive date, no new content with the patch, just more bugs, they couldnt even fix dam defense.

so you enjoy spending hours driving all over the map looking for **** in areas you have already been through, and enjoy doing it with no new content and all the new bugs this patch introduced

ten4
04-16-2013, 08:50 AM
I dunno about rest of you but I detest searching for 'easter egg' needle in a haystack type stuff. Many thanks to people who found them and posted locations. ;)

DeMoted

Yea b.c I want to spend forever doing useless trash. Doing things like that is a chore to make stupid people feel like they are playing a longer game.

Munx
found most of mine myself, several of which I found days before any guides were made for them.

Was walking around in my "sexy" sausolito outfit long before anyone knew where the last recorders was ;)

also completed san fran solo - 1 recorder.

Bunjmin
04-16-2013, 08:55 AM
I agree with OP on season 1 recorders.

I agree with Fishboy on episode 1 & 2 recorders.

I disagree with rage posts.

I disagree with everyone who has ever told me I play too many video games

Giromba
04-16-2013, 09:08 AM
I just played 4 days and I get bored
I' am just waiting for new content...
Look at diablo 3...
we play the same map many many times...
What make us to play make us to play diablo in the same maps?
GEARING, we play diablo for gearing.
Maybe if defiance have some gear progression, we can play in the same maps over and over again...
that's why gearing is important!
Or give us more content to play...
MMO suppose to be a game that you play for over years not for a week

refound?

Derity
04-16-2013, 09:14 AM

Do you honestly think that finding data recorders is a fun gameplay element?

I'm always going to "google" them, finding them is boring and tedious. There is no clues or anything as to their locations in the game, you are meant to just search every corner of the entire world, that isn't gameplay.

Since when did completing a game consist of finding EVERY hidden thing? I completed Mario on NES, doesn't mean I found every hidden 1UP.

Kyro
04-16-2013, 09:21 AM
I know one thing for sure: I ain't doing no treasure hunting or anything I don't want to do.

That includes using a damn semi auto sniper... To hell with those pursuits. >.>

Derity
04-16-2013, 09:25 AM
I know one thing for sure: I ain't doing no treasure hunting or anything I don't want to do.

That includes using a damn semi auto sniper... To hell with those pursuits. >.>

lol, I just finished that pursuit yesterday. The Semi Auto Sniper is the easy part.

5000 kills with Bolt Action Sniper... took forever.

Yeah, to be honest the game is complete when all missions and side missions are done, from then onwards you're left with pursuits that in my opinion are really just not actual content.

They could easily just add another pursuit, "Get the killing blow in 100 Billion Arkfall Bosses". Would this make it so the game isn't complete until you do that pursuit? rofl

Archangel
04-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Time trials
Shooting mini games
Main missions
Side missions
World PVP
Zoned PVP
Co-op dungeons
World PVE
A TV Show
TV Missions
5000+ ego score
Maxing Ego grid
Weapon modification
Weapon Proficiencies to max
Finding Weapons
Reputation Grind
Ego Grind
Script Grind
Unlocking cool outfits
Unlocking cool vehicles
Unlocking cool head gear
Unlocking cool titles
Clan's
Friend's
Dynamic Events
Scripted Events

How is this list a lack of content? What games quote "Have content" in them that make this list look lacking?

If YOU can't find any of these things listed to be fun then this isn't the games fault. This is YOUR fault. Trion has made a great game filled with content. Some is even repeatable because its just that much fun to do.

I dont get it where people come off saying this game has a lack of content.

Lets debate games that are similar to Defiance that have quote "content" and I bet you we can have a civil discussion as to why Defiance is equally rich with content if not more so.

Oh yes, its a MMO that will forever be growing with new content. Its just not going to come out every 2 weeks.

impatience is a weakness in many of todays forum trolls it seems.

SourD
04-16-2013, 09:37 AM
I wanna know how they did Hot Shot: Dam Defense when it hasn't be in game for a while.

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Time trials
Shooting mini games
Main missions
Side missions
World PVP
Zoned PVP
Co-op dungeons
World PVE
A TV Show
TV Missions
5000+ ego score
Maxing Ego grid
Weapon modification
Finding Weapons
Reputation Grind
Ego Grind
Script Grind
Unlocking cool outfits
Unlocking cool vehicles
Unlocking cool head gear
Unlocking cool titles
Clan's
Friend's
Dynamic Events
Scripted Events

How is this list a lack of content? What games quote "Have content" in them that make this list look lacking?

If YOU can't find any of these things listed to be fun then this isn't the games fault. This is YOUR fault. Trion has made a great game filled with content. Some is even repeatable because its just that much fun to do.

Lets debate games that are similar to Defiance that have quote "content" and I bet you we can have a civil discussion as to why Defiance is equally rich with content if not more so.

Oh yes, its a MMO that will forever be growing with new content. Its just not going to come out every 2 weeks.

There is a difference in content and **** to make stupid people think there is content.

Garu
04-16-2013, 09:44 AM
It depends what people are actually looking for from the game, in regards to what content is for them. For me i have been very happy doing my pursuits while farming key codes from Road side events, this seems to of changed in patch but i havnt been able to get in yet to confirm this. But back to my point, completing all the pursuits and unlocking the armours etc is content for me, but for someone else content maybe more story missions or raids or gear progression. Just because it isnt what you would call content doesn't mean the other person is wrong and your right it just means that from your point of view there isnt enough content which probably means you should stop playing and find something else. But feel free to make a forum post or email to the developers regarding your unhappiness with the lack of content.

Derity
04-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Heres why there is a lack of content for me:

Main missions and side missions are short and can be done in 2-3 days.
The world size of the full release game, is small compared to other MMO's.
Filler content is not content. (Pursuits, EGO Grinding)
All Arkfalls are done in a day, then repeated.
There is like 5 different enemy groups.
Ego 1000 to 5000 is a grind of the exact same content from Ego 1-1000.

In my opinion, this game does not have a lot of content. Infact I'd argue that it has less content than most MMO's I've ever played. Don't get me wrong, I do like this game a lot and I really hope it expands to something much bigger. I'm at EGO 2500+ now which shows you that I do indeed like this game, but I'm not going to say this game has a lot of content because it just doesn't.

All I've been doing ingame for the past week is grinding.

tonitiger99
04-16-2013, 09:53 AM
i agree with post #1. if u think the recorders are boring and tedious then why even do them at all? noones twisting ur arm to find them. but why cheat at it? because it makes u feel really good inside that u followed videos on google that pointed to their exact locations? game artists want you to search for them that way your looking at the environment and seeing everything they put into it but instead yall act like a bunch of little kids, gimmie gimmie i want achievements, i want them now without doing any actual work. well guess what kids grow up cuz the worlds not that easy. and look at content for a lot of games, borderlands 2 for example. the dlcs can be done in roughly 1 hour if that. but thats because yall always rush thru them. gimmie gimmie i want gold loot from boss, gimmie gimmie i want achievements.

if yall have a problem with the game then simply dont play it. noone here wants to hear you cry about it. specially not if your a cheater. like the guy in first with 51mil points on a shotgun rampage near the beginning. thats a bug exploit. take the dudes name down and drop him to level 1. thats what i say about all yall cheaters. exploit the game and insta level 1 ya with nothing. or ban. doesnt matter to me.

but point is. if you dont like the game or the content then leave. noone here will miss you. i guarantee it. just makes the game more fun for the rest of us. :)

and yes ive noticed alot of missions are the same over and over and over but eh wat do you really expect on a console? final fantasy was the same way with their online world. if you want much more massive worlds then you gatta goto pc. thats how its always been.

ten4
04-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Time trials
Shooting mini games
Main missions
Side missions
World PVP
Zoned PVP
Co-op dungeons
World PVE
A TV Show
TV Missions
5000+ ego score
Maxing Ego grid
Weapon modification
Finding Weapons
Reputation Grind
Ego Grind
Script Grind
Unlocking cool outfits
Unlocking cool vehicles
Unlocking cool head gear
Unlocking cool titles
Clan's
Friend's
Dynamic Events
Scripted Events

TLDR.

I can simplify this with only one word: GRIND.

Btw, I do not consider 'grind' as 'content' unless it's masked which Defiance makes no attempt to do so. LOL.

p.s. just for me to go from lvl 2.2k-3k now, I will have to do the same mission(s) around 800 times. Think about that for a minute.