PDA

View Full Version : Basics Inquiry-Totally Frustrated

CurphRogal
04-16-2013, 08:55 AM
I have been playing the game for a few weeks. But there are still a few game concepts which have me stumped.
I'm trying to find out why it states Synergy:Machinist on my detonator or Synergy:Outlaw on my shotty? Does that mean to get the synergy you have to be a machinist/outlaw? Also, do certain weapons work better with different classes? What is the point of having classes if they have no effect? Or no point intended? What does the (2) mean next to the synergy in the weapon description mean?
I noticed I'm not gaining xp on the detonator as a Veteran, is there a coralation.
Is there a basic game guide I'm missing somewhere?

Thank you in advance!
P

Khufu
04-16-2013, 08:57 AM
Machinist, outlaw, etc. mean nothing. Ignore them.

Your weapon has maxed out you need to use a new one to continue to gain xp in that weapon type.

SgtScR3aM21
04-16-2013, 09:00 AM
my buddy on PC gets additional skill points for whatever weapon that class started out with , idk if its the same with PS3 because when i was making my character i didnt notice any information like that , but to be fair i was just super excited to play and the lack of customization upset me.

SgtScR3aM21
04-16-2013, 09:00 AM
are u not gaining exp at all? or have you maxed out that detonator?

FattyMcG33
04-16-2013, 09:07 AM
Synergy Machinist and Synergy Outlaw are set bonus. These take effect when you have (from what I've read) 2 weapons equipped on the same loadout with that Synergy. So you would need 2 weapons with the Synergy:Outlaw to get the bonus. Some synergies have to do with the mods attached to the weapons.

The classes don't mean anything aside from different starting outfits and weapon. Its totally cosmetic.

Again, the (2) means you need 2 of that Synergy to get the bonus. Either 2 weapons or 2 mods (although mods effects range from 1-4).

If you're not getting xp on the Detonator, it's most likely that your detonator is maxxed out, and you need to use another detonator to continue the skill progression.

Solomon_Cato
04-16-2013, 09:34 AM
As stated above, classes are exclusively cosmetic (I hate the fact they even incorporated this, my only peeve with the game so far).