PDA

View Full Version : You Messed Up Your own patch!?!

Vion Diamonds
04-16-2013, 09:17 AM
They made the SAME Patch in the same script for everything meaning the same patch with the same script for xbox,ps3,and pc.
Now we have to wait and wait for another fix.
NOT HAPPY:)
That's way to lazy.
Now they have to change the script for xbox,ps3, and pc.
WTF!
I hope they add my double xp to the xp and script bonus's time back, or me and "them" are going to have problems.

Roggie
04-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Technically, they didn't mess up. Microsoft's shatko system of patching is what screwed everything up.

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Technically, they didn't mess up. Microsoft's shatko system of patching is what screwed everything up.

Explain how it's Microsofts fault when all the do is take the patch TRION CREATED and gave them, review it, then all they [Microsoft] does it push it out to the consoles. I love all the Trion Fanboys that are blaming Microsoft for Trion being piss poor at writing code.

agiantmudcrab
04-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Explain how it's Microsofts fault when all the do is take the patch TRION CREATED and gave them, review it, then all they [Microsoft] does it push it out to the consoles. I love all the Trion Fanboys that are blaming Microsoft for Trion being piss poor at writing code.
BECAUSE THE PATCH GOES THROUGH MICROSOFT"S SYSTEM! The patch was just fine. Microsoft's system didnt like the patch so it jacked it all up.

Colteran
04-16-2013, 09:22 AM
I'm sure I have the world's smallest violin around here somewhere...

Tibbs
04-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Now it's down with no ETA.. Lovely

Roggie
04-16-2013, 09:23 AM

Well, here. I'll explain it to you. The 360 is trying to play the game in the previous patch version. Since Trion used an in game patcher instead of Microsoft's patcher, the console doesn't realize that the game patched and is trying to run a different version than the new patch updated the game to.

Go look up at some of the stuff Microsoft has done in the past with patches... It is hell to get a patch through with them.

mrgrimezHD

What's funny is you actually think you're right.

agiantmudcrab
Now it's down with no ETA.. Lovely Read! http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?38522-Xbox-and-PC-Patch-1.010-April-16th-UPDATE-FOR-XBOX-More-XBOX-Downtime

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Well, here. I'll explain it to you. The 360 is trying to play the game in the previous patch version. Since Trion used an in game patcher instead of Microsoft's patcher, the console doesn't realize that the game patched and is trying to run a different version than the new patch updated the game to.

Go look up at some of the stuff Microsoft has done in the past with patches... It is hell to get a patch through with them.

WOOO! Look guys, we got some people that think they understand inner workings of a corporation they don't work for. Wow, who'da thunk it?

Tibbs
04-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Yes that's what I was talking about. No ETA.

Roggie
04-16-2013, 09:26 AM
WOOO! Look guys, we got some people that think they understand inner workings of a corporation they don't work for. Wow, who'da thunk it?

Look guys, we have someone who don't do any sort of research and assumes he is correct!

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:27 AM
What's funny is you actually think you're right.

What's funny is despite being a dedicated server game (which most console games aren't) patches have never caused this many issues through MS for ANY other game, if it truly was an error on their part, you'd see way more title update errors across many games of many genres. BUTTTTTTT you don't.

ITT: TRION FANBOYS TRYING SOOOOOOO HARD TO COME TO THEIR DEFENSE.

Shinobi
04-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Now it's down with no ETA.. Lovely

Due to an error on the Xbox Patch - we are extending the Xbox Downtime by one more hour!

Xbox Users please go ahead and download and patch. You will have an error. We will release a short fix soon to address that error.

Xbox update is about an hour away - please bear with us folks!

Learn
To
Read

Merkery N16
04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Read! http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?38522-Xbox-and-PC-Patch-1.010-April-16th-UPDATE-FOR-XBOX-More-XBOX-Downtime

Everyone needs to man up FFS they dont do this on purpose and Ish happens so calm down go play a different game or take a shower or do something you should of done but instead played the game

its not the end of the world so stop crying and just be patient

Roggie
What's funny is despite being a dedicated server game (which most console games aren't) patches have never caused this many issues through MS for ANY other game, if it truly was an error on their part, you'd see way more title update errors across many games of many genres. BUTTTTTTT you don't.

And you're still missing the point that all but one or two other games use the Microsoft patcher instead of an in game patcher...

ITT: TROLL REFUSING TO UNDERSTAND HOW THINGS WORK AND ASSUMING HE'S RIGHT

Shazbot88
I would like to put the blame on MS...but thats just cus well...screw MS. However I think it was silly to make this game come out for all the systems at the same time, that is bound to cause problems. Either way, new game it has some growing pains I am not worried or complaining.

Roggie
Due to an error on the Xbox Patch - we are extending the Xbox Downtime by one more hour!

Xbox Users please go ahead and download and patch. You will have an error. We will release a short fix soon to address that error.

Learn
To
Read

They actually put out a new post on Twitter that has no ETA...

DJTrig
04-16-2013, 09:31 AM

Learn
To
Read

Back at you :).

**UPDATE*** We're finding issues with our latest patch - we're taking down Xbox and PC for maintenance. No ETA for bringing them back online.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?38522-Xbox-and-PC-Patch-1.010-April-16th-UPDATES-for-PC-and-XBOX

Reznarok
04-16-2013, 09:33 AM
I made an account only because i was having difficulty playing the game after i updated it, so here is my unbiased opinion.

This game has, by far, the worst track record for reliability i have EVER seen. I have a PC gaming rig, a PS3, 360, and even dabbled with the WII U (although i returned that piece of **** after a few weeks). I have Participated in MANY betas, a few alphas, and i have NEVER seen a game have such a rocky start.

Don't get me wrong, i thoroughly enjoy the game. I was more than happy spending 60 dollars on this, and the time i was able to play this game i ended up having a lot of fun. That being said, i am almost not able to play it BECAUSE THE PATCHES END UP BREAKING THE GAME.

Merkery N16
04-16-2013, 09:33 AM
They actually put out a new post on Twitter that has no ETA...

they keep re editing forum post it said no ETA then they changed to An hour away so just be patient man

Roggie
04-16-2013, 09:34 AM
I made an account only because i was having difficulty playing the game after i updated it, so here is my unbiased opinion.

This game has, by far, the worst track record for reliability i have EVER seen. I have a PC gaming rig, a PS3, 360, and even dabbled with the WII U (although i returned that piece of **** after a few weeks). I have Participated in MANY betas, a few alphas, and i have NEVER seen a game have such a rocky start.

Don't get me wrong, i thoroughly enjoy the game. I was more than happy spending 60 dollars on this, and the time i was able to play this game i ended up having a lot of fun. That being said, i am almost not able to play it BECAUSE THE PATCHES END UP BREAKING THE GAME.

While I agree that this game is having a very rocky start, it's still a much better launch than SimCity was.

Roggie
04-16-2013, 09:34 AM
they keep re editing forum post it said no ETA then they changed to An hour away so just be patient man

I am being patient. I was calling out the guy who was trying to call someone out with his older information.

Tsukematsukeru
04-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Pointing fingers and flaming a forum does nothing if not increase the time it takes to fix this. wait like a good little boy just like everyone else.

Plastic Smile
04-16-2013, 09:38 AM
I like how everyone on here keeps pointing fingers and think they know what's what lol. Reality check, none of you truly know who's fault it is! I know we're human and we need some assurance that its the person we want it to be, but grow up and use that empty space in your head. Oh and one more thing, I think it's funny a lot of you are blaming/pissed at Microsoft yet you're still playing their system lol.

Roggie
04-16-2013, 09:39 AM
I like how everyone on here keeps pointing fingers and think they know what's what lol. Reality check, none of you truly know who's fault it is! I know we're human and we need some assurance that its the person we want it to be, but grow up and use that empty space in your head. Oh and one more thing, I think it's funny a lot of you are blaming/pissed at Microsoft yet you're still playing their system lol.

I was unaware that to play a company's system, you had to agree with how they do everything 100% of the time... Good logic, man.

Merkery N16
04-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Pointing fingers and flaming a forum does nothing if not increase the time it takes to fix this. wait like a good little boy just like everyone else.

exactly! people forget a few things first of its a F2P MMO second they are actually addressing issues unlike companys like treyarc who sell you the same game they did last yr with some new kill streaks and perks and dont fix any of the issues even after you paid for a season pass and new skins ect

TRION are trying to make the game better for everyone this game is pretty much a first for xbox so calm down go play UNO or Bomberman live whilst you wait and if your that bored add me on xbox and ill spank you at something..

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:42 AM
I was unaware that to play a company's system, you had to agree with how they do everything 100% of the time... Good logic, man.

No, no, no... You see, the logic is that people GENERALLY don't go around using things that they hate so much. Thus, he is pointing out if all of you hate microsoft so much, go get a PS3 or a computer. Here's an example for you....

I hate romantic comedies. Now, instead of saying ALL MOVIES SUCK IM SICK OF RYAN REYNOLDS SMUG SMILE. WHYS HE ALWAYS IN SUCH TRASH MOVIES. I could just.... not watch romantic comedies.

I hate sony, hence, I didn't go out and buy their console, I bought the competitors. Do you see what he is trying to get at you sped?

KingGladiator88
04-16-2013, 09:42 AM
I have to ask though. Did they not TEST this patch on the Xbox and PC? Did they just finish it and say "Just finished boss im sending it to the masses now!"

This isnt something that 'just happened' with just 5 minutes of testing they would have said 'huh.....doesnt work for PC or xbox....we should fix this before you upload it so people can still play the game they paid $60 for'

Thanx4tehfish
04-16-2013, 09:45 AM

Learn
To
Read

PC and xbox down with no ETA

Learn
to
Scroll

Plastic Smile
04-16-2013, 09:45 AM

Where did I say you had to agree with them, I was meaning along the lines that if you don't like that its Microsofts fault then go play on pc or playstation lol! Don't say things I never said cockbite :-)

Roggie
04-16-2013, 09:47 AM
No, no, no... You see, the logic is that people GENERALLY don't go around using things that they hate so much. Thus, he is pointing out if all of you hate microsoft so much, go get a PS3 or a computer. Here's an example for you....

I hate romantic comedies. Now, instead of saying ALL MOVIES SUCK IM SICK OF RYAN REYNOLDS SMUG SMILE. WHYS HE ALWAYS IN SUCH TRASH MOVIES. I could just.... not watch romantic comedies.

I hate sony, hence, I didn't go out and buy their console, I bought the competitors. Do you see what he is trying to get at you sped?

Nope, troll, you should try reading what he said. ", I think it's funny a lot of you are blaming/pissed at Microsoft yet you're still playing their system lol."

Have you never been pissed at something but then continued to use it because you know that it's not going to be 100% exactly what you want or how you want it?

There's a difference in blaming and being pissed at something because of an issue compared to hating it. I hate Apple and will never own an Apple product. I hate Walmart and the way they do business and will never shop there. I DISAGREE with some of Microsoft's ideas and how they do some things, but understand that it's a business. I think EA pulls some dirty tactics to get more money out of people, but I still buy some of their games (except Tiger Woods, because they've made that into a joke with all the DLC courses).

You see, there's a difference in hating and disagreeing. Do you see what I'm saying, sped?

Plastic Smile
04-16-2013, 09:47 AM

Haha thanks, someone smart understood me ;-)

Roggie
04-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Where did I say you had to agree with them, I was meaning along the lines that if you don't like that its Microsofts fault then go play on pc or playstation lol! Don't say things I never said cockbite :-)

You basically said it by saying that it's funny people play on their system. That's basically saying they shouldn't be playing on it because of being mad about something, which means not agreeing with 1 thing they do... So yes, you did say it in less words. Anybody who has any sort of reading comprehension ability would have understood that...

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Nope, troll, you should try reading what he said. ", I think it's funny a lot of you are blaming/pissed at Microsoft yet you're still playing their system lol."

Have you never been pissed at something but then continued to use it because you know that it's not going to be 100% exactly what you want or how you want it?

There's a difference in blaming and being pissed at something because of an issue compared to hating it. I hate Apple and will never own an Apple product. I hate Walmart and the way they do business and will never shop there. I DISAGREE with some of Microsoft's ideas and how they do some things, but understand that it's a business. I think EA pulls some dirty tactics to get more money out of people, but I still buy some of their games (except Tiger Woods, because they've made that into a joke with all the DLC courses).

You see, there's a difference in hating and disagreeing. Do you see what I'm saying, sped?

Where'd that tiny violin go....

stormbringer328
04-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Wow. WTF. Just another thing, I guess. I'm trying not to complain. I'm trying so hard not to complain, but this is significant. I don't think pointing blame at either party is pointless. Trion should have been prepared for this. They had ample time to test these patches, to see what errors may arise, before launching it. I guess I am just confused. I hate to see an awesome game tanked due to not being properly prepared. Now there is not ETA? I have tons of other things to do, so don't give me that shtako. The point is that it is once again down for an undetermined time period. Sure they gave us some free perks last time, but that's going to get old fast. So yeah. Confused on how I feel. Hopefully Trion can fix this soon. And learn from these mistakes.

Plastic Smile
04-16-2013, 09:50 AM

That's just your perspective though, people will always see things differently. So lets agree to disagree and be the individuals we all are, or at least claim to be :-P

Shinobi
04-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Where'd that tiny violin go....

http://noclipmode.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

yeeryan
04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
fanboys everywhere!

Talon Swiftshot
04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
I read this topic title and imagined some kid covering his mouth and pointing, just before he runs off to tell mummy. Funny ****.

Talon Swiftshot
04-16-2013, 09:58 AM
http://noclipmode.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

Hotsuma has been recognised. /brofist.

EDIT
04-16-2013, 09:58 AM

Wait... wha!? Please explain to me how all these forums posts "increase the time it takes to fix" these patch/error issues? Am I missing something? :-/

bigstack1980
04-16-2013, 10:06 AM
no comment -.-

Vion Diamonds
04-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Well I doubt it's Microsoft's fault, Due to the fact the same patch was used in the same form on all platforms.
I can agree on one thing though, we shouldn't have to be dealing with this and I better be getting my bought xp and scrip bonus's back.

iN4 Hitman
04-16-2013, 10:12 AM
UsuallyDope you're a tool

Takashi Yuuto
04-16-2013, 10:21 AM
This is just like youtube comments when people tell you to go buy a box and live in it :( i dont get why everyone has to be so mean these days right now im watching star wars waiting for them to fix the issue >ω< i dont mind about whos fult it is i actully made this account today im starting to regret it though from the posts and comments iv seen D:

Pace122004
04-16-2013, 10:23 AM
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv165/iamnjh/popcorn-gazelle.gif (http://s680.photobucket.com/user/iamnjh/media/popcorn-gazelle.gif.html)

CrackRoc
04-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Ur a duck.. It's down for pc n Xbox n the stop from sending it out to ps3 turn in ur box u faggggg

Tsukematsukeru
04-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Ur a duck.. It's down for pc n Xbox n the stop from sending it out to ps3 turn in ur box u faggggg

Translation? pl0x.

Jeronan
04-16-2013, 10:33 AM
BECAUSE THE PATCH GOES THROUGH MICROSOFT"S SYSTEM! The patch was just fine. Microsoft's system didnt like the patch so it jacked it all up.

Dude! IT IS TRION! Calm Down!

The PC servers are Down too along the XBOX ones With no ETA when they will come up again.

Trion fecked up the patch big time and probably rolling back player data to before the patch. At least I hope so, as a lot got messed up!

mrgrimezHD
04-16-2013, 10:34 AM

CrackRoc
UsuallyDope

Is this a coincidence?

Zalm
04-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Ur a duck..

Wait.....what?

http://www.dltk-teach.com/rhymes/ducks/s-six-little-duck.gif

iN4 Hitman
04-16-2013, 10:36 AM
CrackRoc
UsuallyDope

Is this a coincidence?

They might both be tools!

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 10:39 AM
They might both be tools!

I didn't even understand what Crackroc was trying to say...

iN4 Hitman
04-16-2013, 10:40 AM

Doesn't make you any less of a tool.

Vion Diamonds
04-16-2013, 10:41 AM

You and me both bro.

joebiscruml
04-16-2013, 10:42 AM
I blame Al Qaeda

SYN BLACK XS
04-16-2013, 10:43 AM
so much drama over nothing..

Tsukematsukeru
04-16-2013, 10:43 AM
I blame Al Qaeda

We should blame the negative influences television brings to our children, god damn it!

Buddha333
04-16-2013, 10:44 AM
I have to ask though. Did they not TEST this patch on the Xbox and PC? Did they just finish it and say "Just finished boss im sending it to the masses now!"

This isnt something that 'just happened' with just 5 minutes of testing they would have said 'huh.....doesnt work for PC or xbox....we should fix this before you upload it so people can still play the game they paid $60 for'

it's because of impatient brats like you that game developers release games and patches before they're actual completely debugged.....yes we all paid $60 for the game but it's not like we'll never be able to play it again and yet you're speaking as if life itself was taken from you....

Vion Diamonds
04-16-2013, 10:47 AM
so much drama over nothing..
By nothing you mean the loss of double xp and other bonus's I thought with my own money?
Yeah its nothing Bro, the fact I paid for a game to Play it, but it has problems due to lazy-ness?
Damn gotta be nothing.
Ignorant ****.

Kye Azreal
04-16-2013, 10:47 AM
People, calm down...
It's a game that's in the process of being fixed, it's not like your lives are ruined because you can't play it for a little while. It's not worth being stressed out about.

Sir Green Day
04-16-2013, 10:48 AM

Really? Are you a network engineer for Trion? You KNOW what's going on?

No. You're just another Trion apologist who thinks NOTHING is their fault. I hate to break it to you but EVERYTHING having to do with this latest in a long line of epic falls, is their fault. 100%

Trion is a joke. They've had over 20 patches and now their game is totally unplayable. I guess the jokes on us huh?

kronos316
04-16-2013, 10:48 AM
hahahahaha agree.

blakefrz
04-16-2013, 10:49 AM
everyone relax watch tv play some games with friends ETC. Aswell it is not entirely their fault they have to make 3 different patches for different systems that could have bugs that may have different causes even if their the same bug. They are human they make mistakes at-least their trying they could just say were done.

yes i even make fun of trion once and awhile but i appreciate the effort they put in. I agree the recent server patches were never the best and sometimes it broke more things then fixed but we all learn from mistakes.

Buddha333
04-16-2013, 10:49 AM
People, calm down...
It's a game that's in the process of being fixed, it's not like your lives are ruined because you can't play it for a little while. It's not worth being stressed out about.

Thank you for simplifying it lol now let's hope people will listen and not just hear.

kronos316
04-16-2013, 10:50 AM
People, calm down...
Blasphemy this is my crack lol

Luffy490
04-16-2013, 10:52 AM
That's way to lazy.

Have you seen the massive patch list?

Mephetran
04-16-2013, 10:53 AM

The pot calling the kettle black.

IrishGuy
04-16-2013, 10:54 AM

See this guy gets it. I wouldnt have an issue if they tested their own patch and was like oh it doesnt work. And the best part is they cant figure out how to fix their own game. And for all you people who are gonna be like "thats not true" go look at their twitter they have been pushing back their Eta back for almost 3-4 hours now. And to you people who are like calm down go do something else some of us were looking forward to playing a game we enjoy on our one day off. Just saying.

Tsukematsukeru
04-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Hipocracy is such a wonderfull thing, don'cha agree?

Tibbs
04-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Have you seen the massive patch list?

Hehe.. Yeah and item #1 should be patch for the patch. J/k

Kye Azreal
Blasphemy this is my crack lol

Lol, I know trust me man. I really want to play too, but it's not going to kill me to go outside or watch tv for a little while. I'd rather wait for Trion to fully fix their game and connection issues that try to play it as it is now. It has the potential to be a truly epic game. I'm not giving up on it yet.

Buddha333
Really? Are you a network engineer for Trion? You KNOW what's going on?

No. You're just another Trion apologist who thinks NOTHING is their fault. I hate to break it to you but EVERYTHING having to do with this latest in a long line of epic falls, is their fault. 100%

Trion is a joke. They've had over 20 patches and now their game is totally unplayable. I guess the jokes on us huh?

i would agree but in Trions defense they've only made one other game, go learn to be a carpenter with no hands on experience and see how jobs you get done perfect, not to mention they make MMOs and only MMOs and no company has been able to make one perfect on the first try. you think WoW didn't have hours of patches? well if you've played it before for a decent amount of time they STILL have many bugs and it came out almost 9 years ago.

SuPeR X AnGeR
I don't get it, people seem to think everything is going to be perfect. Why not just find a different game to play whilst you wait for the patch to be fixed? I'm sure they'll refund any lost boosts, and possibly increase the duration of them anyway. It's not like you have to play Defiance constantly, and since this problem is affecting all Xbox players, it's not like anyone is getting ahead of you or anything. And, if you notice any problems in the game after the patch has been, well... patched, just use the live support, and I'm sure they'll be able to fix your problem in due time.

kronos316
04-16-2013, 10:57 AM
See this guy gets it. I wouldnt have an issue if they tested their own patch and was like oh it doesnt work. And the best part is they cant figure out how to fix their own game. And for all you people who are gonna be like "thats not true" go look at their twitter they have been pushing back their Eta back for almost 3-4 hours now. And to you people who are like calm down go do something else some of us were looking forward to playing a game we enjoy on our one day off. Just saying.
I bet they are going to be testing from now on.

kronos316
04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
I don't get it, people seem to think everything is going to be perfect. Why not just find a different game to play whilst you wait for the patch to be fixed? I'm sure they'll refund any lost boosts, and possibly increase the duration of them anyway. It's not like you have to play Defiance constantly, and since this problem is affecting all Xbox players, it's not like anyone is getting ahead of you or anything. And, if you notice any problems in the game after the patch has been, well... patched, just use the live support, and I'm sure they'll be able to fix your problem in due time.

Is called 60 dollars

iCoNiC_Waly
04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
They made the SAME Patch in the same script for everything meaning the same patch with the same script for xbox,ps3,and pc.
That's way to lazy.
WTF!
I hope they add my double xp to the xp and script bonus's time back, or me and "them" are going to have problems.

Bro, seriously, the world would be better without this kind of insensitive stupidity.

Tsukematsukeru
04-16-2013, 10:59 AM
i would agree but in Trions defense they've only made one other game, go learn to be a carpenter with no hands on experience and see how jobs you get done perfect, not to mention they make MMOs and only MMOs and no company has been able to make one perfect on the first try. you think WoW didn't have hours of patches? well if you've played it before for a decent amount of time they STILL have many bugs and it came out almost 9 years ago.

THIS. All of the this! ^
well put sir.

BillyMack
04-16-2013, 11:00 AM
How the hell can it be microsoft's fault when the PC version is down as well. Please engage brain b4 mouth

slippy1888
they should be testing these dam patches to make sure they work, great job on screwing up yet again

Jasminarin
I laugh at everyone raging about them screwing something up. regardless of who's fault it is. I love the game and really enjoyed the 1st episode of the show. I Play the game upwards of 6-8 hours a day just fine. Oh boo something went wrong with the patch. Its going to happen. Go watch TV, go sleep, go do something till they fix it. Trion has been really good at keeping us informed and getting things cleared up asap. I don't expect anything from them for the issues at hand like I see so many people doing.

This is why I never post of forums... I always see people crying about mistakes and not whats so great about the game. For everyone keeping calm and giving Trion a break. Thanks for it. Keep the positivity coming!

Hanzo Zer0
04-16-2013, 11:02 AM
On Twitter they said it will be down for awhile.TBD when the servers will be up again...damn!

SuPeR X AnGeR
Is called 60 dollars True, at least for North Americans, but there's been more than enough time so far for you to have played '60 dollars' worth of game, if you enjoy it enough that you decide to come on this website and complain about it.

IrishGuy
Thats a valid point. I didnt even think of this now im jealous i didnt get to say it.

Vion Diamonds
04-16-2013, 11:03 AM
I laugh at everyone raging about them screwing something up. regardless of who's fault it is. I love the game and really enjoyed the 1st episode of the show. I Play the game upwards of 6-8 hours a day just fine. Oh boo something went wrong with the patch. Its going to happen. Go watch TV, go sleep, go do something till they fix it. Trion has been really good at keeping us informed and getting things cleared up asap. I don't expect anything from them for the issues at hand like I see so many people doing.

This is why I never post of forums... I always see people crying about mistakes and not whats so great about the game. For everyone keeping calm and giving Trion a break. Thanks for it. Keep the positivity coming!

I understand you, but IM LOSING MY MONEY! Lol that's my biggest concern bro. Also they shouldn't be as lazy as they were when doing this patch, if they made each patch for each specific platform we wouldn't be here talking about this Poor subject. Bro.

Buddha333
THIS. All of the this! ^
well put sir.

haha, thank you!

SuPeR X AnGeR

This is exactly my opinion, couldn't agree more really, there's far more to life than sitting at the computer screen typing angrily at people.

kronos316
04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
True, at least for North Americans, but there's been more than enough time so far for you to have played '60 dollars' worth of game, if you enjoy it enough that you decide to come on this website and complain about it.

That give you the right to play when ever you want even if its five years down the line and im not complain.

Zalm
04-16-2013, 11:05 AM
That give you the right to play when ever you want even if its five years down the line and im not complain.

I'm willing to bet you must be PISSED about servers getting shut down. I can think of a metric **** ton of games with shut down servers that people had to pay for but can no longer play.

baldninja
04-16-2013, 11:09 AM
You know, people getting THIS mad about an error, or "screw up" as many are calling it, is kind of crazy. I only hope that everyone around them goes completely nuts on them and becomes totally irate with them every time they screw something up, which is bound to happen since noone is perfect.

SuPeR X AnGeR
04-16-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm willing to bet you must be PISSED about servers getting shut down. I can think of a metric **** ton of games with shut down servers that people had to pay for but can no longer play.

^^^^ Chromehounds

Zalm
04-16-2013, 11:11 AM
^^^^ Chromehounds

Ghost Busters

Vion Diamonds
04-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Exactly, people are trying to pretend they are not pissed, but they are. I'm a real gamer when a Game doesn't work IM PISSED, and I get even more pissed if the game doesn't work due to some lazy ***** not assigning the right patches to the right platform.
Much like a person who loves car's gets pissed when their new car does not work due to the people who built it put in the wrong ****. Then you having bought an upgrade to the car before this and YOU CAN'T USE IT!
IM LOSING MY BONUS'S I BOUGHT FOR THE GAME!

SuPeR X AnGeR
04-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Exactly, people are trying to pretend they are not pissed, but they are. I'm a real gamer when a Game doesn't work IM PISSED, and I get even more pissed if the game doesn't work due to some lazy ***** not assigning the right patches to the right platform.
Much like a person who loves car's gets pissed when their new car does not work due to the people who built it put in the wrong ****. Then you having bought an upgrade to the car before this and YOU CAN'T USE IT!

I'm sure there's no need to shout, if you are annoyed because you are losing out any boosts you have purchased, don't tell it to us here, since we can't do anything about it, but I'm sure that the people at the Trion support desk can do something.

Demonseed
04-16-2013, 11:16 AM
I understand you, but IM LOSING MY MONEY! Lol that's my biggest concern bro. Also they shouldn't be as lazy as they were when doing this patch, if they made each patch for each specific platform we wouldn't be here talking about this Poor subject. Bro.

Please explain how exactly you are losing your money? I would understand if you only paid for an XBOX Gold/Silver pass to play JUST this game but otherwise I am raising the BS flag.

As far as the patch goes I agree with you, however I don't see the contract between Trion and the platforms so cannot blame them. Maybe the agreement stated Trion makes the patches only and each platform tweaks as necessary...just saying.

Either way so far so good, just a bump in the road, pull up your panties people and go read a book/go for a run/watch some tv/clean the house/etc. :p

Taegha
04-16-2013, 11:17 AM
There's your first problem, you actually paid money to boost your character....

illwill112
04-16-2013, 11:17 AM

I take your game a dev? YOU talk alot but your just trolling. Its obvious you have never played an mmo, so please do us all a favor and cry in a diffrent forum.

Demonseed
04-16-2013, 11:18 AM
^^^^ Chromehounds

I loved that game.....hope they come out with something similar someday soon.

Jasminarin
04-16-2013, 11:20 AM

I'm not pissed. I get to catch up on some youtube videos and can finally beat Bioshock Infinite.

Vion Diamonds
04-16-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm sure there's no need to shout, if you are annoyed because you are losing out any boosts you have purchased, don't tell it to us here, since we can't do anything about it, but I'm sure that the people at the Trion support desk can do something.

I already tried talking to them adding hours to the xp I lost, they said they wont add any hours due to the fact I lost over 3 hours of xp and other bonus's. And I'm telling people here because I would like to voice my problem's and people like you may not care but then why would you view this is you didn't care? Why did you quote my word's if you dont caree? Obviously you do:)

Zalm
04-16-2013, 11:23 AM
I already tried talking to them adding hours to the xp I lost, they said they wont add any hours due to the fact I lost over 3 hours of xp and other bonus's. And I'm telling people here because I would like to voice my problem's and people like you may not care but then why would you view this is you didn't care? Why did you quote my word's if you dont caree? Obviously you do:)

Ok....how mush is a bit cost you....I though bits worked out to about 400 MS points for what? Like 160 bits or something? I'm not sure, since I've never bought bits yet...

SuPeR X AnGeR
04-16-2013, 11:25 AM

I'm quoting your words because I'm trying to be helpful and reasonable. I'm sorry that they weren't able to resolve your situation. However, could you please explain that again? "they said they wont add any hours due to the fact I lost over 3 hours of xp and other bonus's." sounds to me like: They won't fix my problem because I have a problem. I'm quite confused.

iCoNiC_Waly
04-16-2013, 11:27 AM

If you need a shoulder to cry on, I am here for you buddy! Last I checked though, the sky is not falling, and the servers will return.

SuPeR X AnGeR
04-16-2013, 11:27 AM
I loved that game.....hope they come out with something similar someday soon.

*gasp* someone else who's heard of the almighty CH? There needs to be something to replace it, yes
It's a shame it wasn't advertised much, since lack of profit was the reason SEGA had to shut down the servers

illwill112
04-16-2013, 11:30 AM
IT is easy to tell the people who played mmo's from this bunch. This release has been pretty good compared to others. Blizzard must be thanking themselves the majority of yall didnt play thier mmo when it was released.

Buddha333
04-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Ok....how mush is a bit cost you....I though bits worked out to about 400 MS points for what? Like 160 bits or something? I'm not sure, since I've never bought bits yet...

it's actually about a point a bit, though of course they have deals like buy 2400 bits for 2000 MS points and all that jazz.

B1ack0ut MenacE
04-16-2013, 11:37 AM
IT is easy to tell the people who played mmo's from this bunch. This release has been pretty good compared to others. Blizzard must be thanking themselves the majority of yall didnt play thier mmo when it was released.

D2 wasn't bad. D3 was pretty much a nonstop lolfest. Still kinda is, enough so that people came up with the phrase "Jay Wilson'd," or various versions of it. For those of you who didn't know, Jay Wilson was the lead at the time.

Zalm
04-16-2013, 11:39 AM
it's actually about a point a bit, though of course they have deals like buy 2400 bits for 2000 MS points and all that jazz.

ok...so its a point a bit, roughly....how much is it for a boost for self, like 160 scrip for 24 hours? I dont really remember what the prices were...

SuPeR X AnGeR
04-16-2013, 11:42 AM
ok...so its a point a bit, roughly....how much is it for a boost for self, like 160 scrip for 24 hours? I dont really remember what the prices were...

It doesn't really matter what the prices were, it's the amount they actually boost that worries me! who would pay for a meager 10% boost! Especially for scrip, which is easy to obtain anyway.

B1ack0ut MenacE
04-16-2013, 11:43 AM
It doesn't really matter what the prices were, it's the amount they actually boost that worries me! who would pay for a meager 10% boost! Especially for scrip, which is easy to obtain anyway.

That's why I never really bothered with them. Some clan mates did, unfortunately, and I feel for them. The inventory slots, however, were actually kinda nice.

Buddha333
04-16-2013, 11:46 AM

about yea though it depends on what you the want the measly %10 boost in, 160 is the cheapest and honestly if it were a good deal it wouldn't be $2 for a 24 hour %10 boost so in general it's a bigger waste of money than pelican controllers were when Gamcube was hot.

smokeapound
04-16-2013, 11:47 AM
it's because of impatient brats like you that game developers release games and patches before they're actual completely debugged.....yes we all paid $60 for the game but it's not like we'll never be able to play it again and yet you're speaking as if life itself was taken from you....

:confused: plz go kill your self if you believe what you just said

SuPeR X AnGeR
04-16-2013, 11:48 AM
That's why I never really bothered with them. Some clan mates did, unfortunately, and I feel for them. The inventory slots, however, were actually kinda nice.

I forgot about the inventory slots, they would be the only thing I would ever buy, since they're permanent.

B1ack0ut MenacE
04-16-2013, 11:48 AM
about yea though it depends on what you the want the measly %10 boost in, 160 is the cheapest and honestly if it were a good deal it wouldn't be $2 for a 24 hour %10 boost so in general it's a bigger waste of money than pelican controllers were when Gamcube was hot.

I remember the Gamecube. Died before its time. RIP easy-to-carry little gaming system.

Zalm
04-16-2013, 11:50 AM

ok....so its like $2 for 24 hours, that makes it about $1 for 12 hours. lats say we lose 6 hours....thats all of 50 cents.....WHO THE **** IS COMPLAINING ABOUT A LOSE OF 50 CENTS!?

Nikbeezy
04-16-2013, 11:51 AM

How about you get off the game and learn somethings then you can MAYBE have the authority to interpret what people do and do not understand.

B1ack0ut MenacE
04-16-2013, 11:53 AM
ok....so its like $2 for 24 hours, that makes it about $1 for 12 hours. lats say we lose 6 hours....thats all of 50 cents.....WHO THE **** IS COMPLAINING ABOUT A LOSE OF 50 CENTS!?

Personally, I don't see the logic either, but I think a lot of it is just stemming from people wanting stuff to complain about.

Gonz0
04-16-2013, 11:54 AM

Which is exactly what you're claiming by not accepting what he said as a possibility.... bigot.

smokeapound
04-16-2013, 11:55 AM

i sent them a messsge asking when are they going to refund the xp boost
they sent me one back that said that they are not going to refund the xp boost. then they said that if you think we should then we would be happy for you to tell us why you think that.

Gonz0
04-16-2013, 11:55 AM
That's way to lazy.
WTF!

Whoa, didn't know you were there when you wrote the code... why didn't you say something at the time? You're just as lazy if you ask me.....

demimyke
04-16-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm sure I have the world's smallest violin around here somewhere...

Find it faster fool...We've gotta kill this downtime XD

Gonz0
04-16-2013, 11:57 AM

Look, someone who works for microsoft laying down the law!! So glad you work for microsoft and know how the patches work... idiot.

eddyeaze
04-16-2013, 12:00 PM
You must be an idiot because last time i checked windows was made my microsoft u ****ing ******

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Look, someone who works for microsoft laying down the law!! So glad you work for microsoft and know how the patches work... idiot.

Call me Billy Gates got a crib in every state, man on the moon, got a condo outer space.

Starr
04-16-2013, 12:08 PM
actually if i remember correctly, it was about 400ms points for 400 bits. so about 1/1, unless you purchase more and then the cost goes down in mspoints and increases the bits.

Buddha333
04-16-2013, 12:14 PM

people who don't have anything better to do in their lives but complain and make friends and family alike miserable......lol

Calavash
04-16-2013, 12:17 PM
have you ever reinstalled windows and had to download updates? Then after those updates had more? then more? thats because those 2/3/4th updates are patches to fix patches. Crap happens get over it at least they are fixing it now and not next month like most companys

philudo
04-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Got to admit, while im patient enough to wait for the fix, the fact that they screwed the game up totally with this patch is so un professional.

EDIT
04-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Yes, everyone calm down, we are still in BETA... oh wait... uh... nvm!

Just be patience and once the server is up and running again, buy some more boosts, and bits for lockboxes. Continuing to spend your money on this game will help Trion "fix" any future problems. I think that's it, they just need more money... right!?

Buddha333
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
:confused: plz go kill your self if you believe what you just said

it;'s not so much a belief so much as it's a fact, idk if you've noticed but back when NES was around it took them years just to make games like Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars and NES games usually only had about 4-8 Megs, nowadays because of people being so impatient their "forced" to put anywhere from 1-10 gigs into a game, so what i said is actually fact and if you understood the economy at all you'd know this.

Andross
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
That's way to lazy.
WTF!

Go out side and enjoy the fresh air now.

Wussie
04-16-2013, 12:31 PM
i refuse to go outside and get air, i will just order a pizza and jam out to this while i wait.

http://youtu.be/QXPAZJvbH1s

mista masta
04-16-2013, 12:32 PM
How about we blame everything and everybody that has somethin to do with game and remember this is xbox first MMO. Expect this shyt to happen for awhile. either sell it or dnt.. Im home for lunch and i cant play. Play a different game for a bit and it will be back

philudo
04-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Yes, everyone calm down, we are still in BETA... oh wait... uh... nvm!

Just be patience and once the server is up and running again, buy some more boosts, and bits for lockboxes. Continuing to spend your money on this game will help Trion "fix" any future problems. I think that's it, they just need more money... right!?

Ahh sarcasm, forums wouldn't exist without it

Smoky
04-16-2013, 12:37 PM

This isnt something that 'just happened' with just 5 minutes of testing they would have said 'huh.....doesnt work for PC or xbox....we should fix this before you upload it so people can still play the game they paid $60 for'Agreed. Someone is being lax on testing these patches. I'd be more than willing to wait for a patch, as long as it's done right the first time.

Jinook_Phi
04-16-2013, 12:38 PM
It is frustrating to want to play and not be able to, but its also understandable. And Im anything but a fan boy, Trion messed something up with my account and their customer service response was horrible, it wasnt until I got a third party involved that the issue got resolved. But even with that, I'm standing behind this game, a very ambitious idea. Ive had a ton of fun playing it. So while I think they definitely have things to improve upon, they have done a whole lot more right then wrong, compared to the many MMO's Ive played over the years. Of course, I really dont view this as an MMO, more of a hybrid.

At the end of the day, if this is too much for you, I mean to the point where you end up all stressed out and angry at the world, why continue to play it? Go play something else, vote with your checkbook in the real world by not playing it, versus going off here. Thats what people did with SWTOR and that MMO took huge hits as a result. Me, Im staying for awhile to see how they do over the long haul, cause Im seeing a lot thats impressive.

EDIT
04-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Ahh sarcasm, forums wouldn't exist without it

I know... the truth hurts sometimes. :-(

Buddha333
04-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Go out side and enjoy the fresh air now.

did you get your GT from starfox?

philudo
04-16-2013, 12:46 PM
However it's what makes forums tick if u'm honest

I know... the truth hurts sometimes. :-(

Vadarian
04-16-2013, 12:51 PM

UsuallyDope I got a question for you if you don't like the game or trion... then why are you playing it?

Starr
04-16-2013, 12:54 PM
have you ever reinstalled windows and had to download updates? Then after those updates had more? then more?

Eeegads! I always have to set aside a day for that.

Buddha333
04-16-2013, 12:55 PM
UsuallyDope I got a question for you if you don't like the game or trion... then why are you playing it?

it's because he's one of those kids who talks about things he doesn't understand nearly as much as he should simply by playing it.....lol

Vadarian
04-16-2013, 12:59 PM
By nothing you mean the loss of double xp and other bonus's I thought with my own money?
Yeah its nothing Bro, the fact I paid for a game to Play it, but it has problems due to lazy-ness?
Damn gotta be nothing.
Ignorant ****.

There is 24 hours in a day deuche I highly doubt you play the entirety of the xp anyway and if you would have your a **** loser anyway.

Vadarian
04-16-2013, 01:02 PM
it's because he's one of those kids who talks about things he doesn't understand nearly as much as he should simply by playing it.....lol

100 percent agree

EDIT
04-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Question to all you fanbois that thinks all these issues are acceptable... do you honestly think the servers will be back up today (by 11:59pm est)? Just durious how much ball hugging some of you willing to do.

B1ack0ut MenacE
04-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Meh. I'm enjoying sitting back and watching the world (in this case, these threads) burn. I have even found a cactus and am prepared to beat somebody with it.

Vion Diamonds
04-16-2013, 01:16 PM
There is 24 hours in a day deuche I highly doubt you play the entirety of the xp anyway and if you would have your a **** loser anyway.
Bro if i'm a loser then who are you?
You shouldn't assume things:)
COMPUTER TUFF GUY!
**** LOSER! YOUR "SENTENCE" MAKES NO SENSE!
lol stirs and que.ers come from Alaska
(FMJ)

Gerrkyy
04-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Actually borderlands 2 had a serious patching problem a few months ago.. No one could play online, and had to do several things to fix it..

EDIT
04-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Actually borderlands 2 had a serious patching problem a few months ago.. No one could play online, and had to do several things to fix it..

Yeah, but I was able to play Borderlands offline though. It's a big difference.

Buddha333
04-16-2013, 01:24 PM
COMPUTER TUFF GUY!
(FMJ)

or Eskimo ancestors who had the some of the hardest times surviving in the alaskan region......but you sir need to calm down because if he's a loser just for being right then what are you for being wrong? it's not his fault you WASTED your own money on a bad deal. and seeing as it's very easy to get XP and scrip to begin with and you're obviously having enough trouble to want to spend money on and XP/Scrip boost then you're not that good at all and therefor Vadarian is at the very least partially right in even a literal sense regardless of if you agree or not.

Gerrkyy
04-16-2013, 01:26 PM

Hows this for an example.. The early colonists hated the british, and the king, so instead of just leaving, or doing something to just not deal with them, they complained and fought to make it better.. With your logic we would all still be british ruled here in America!! Complaining is constructive, and it is necessary.. Just look at history for clear examples..

Vadarian
04-16-2013, 01:27 PM
COMPUTER TUFF GUY!
(FMJ)

I am someone who does something other than play video games 24 hours a day obviously, I am most certainly not your bro and what is stirs and que.ers? LOL nice try though

AGE 0F ANARCHY
04-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Only thing i have to say is. I am disappointed that the servers are down, but what can we really do? sit here and cry and complain? or go find something else to do? I will admit that I am a little upset that the double xp i got has now been wasted, but I am still alive and breathing. So i guess it hasnt killed me..... yet :P

Gerrkyy
04-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Yeah, but I was able to play Borderlands offline though. It's a big difference.

I meant to quote what someone said earlier about this game being the only game to ever have a patching problem for Xbox 360...

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 01:30 PM
yawwwwwwwn show me where I said I hate the game again? Please...

Hated Blizz for all the **** they pulled over the years but I still played WoW from launch to WotLK cause it was fun.

Buddha333
04-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Only thing i have to say is. I am disappointed that the servers are down, but what can we really do? sit here and cry and complain? or go find something else to do? I will admit that I am a little upset that the double xp i got has now been wasted, but I am still alive and breathing. So i guess it hasnt killed me..... yet :P

actually i stopped crying like an hour ago and started building a bridge to get over it lol ;)

Magrock
04-16-2013, 01:31 PM
OMG I HATE TRION THEY SUCK OMFG I'M GONNA DELETE THE GAME AND NEVER BUY ANOTHER OF THEIR GAMES. **** EM!

that's how it goes.... yeah?

Flavvor
04-16-2013, 01:33 PM
That's way to lazy.
WTF!

Ya after this crap I agrre WTF is going on??? Test your shi t on a mock 360. This makes you guy look so dumd..DUMB!

Buddha333
04-16-2013, 01:33 PM
i'm a little surprised they haven't closed this thread yet lol

Gerrkyy
04-16-2013, 01:34 PM
yawwwwwwwn show me where I said I hate the game again? Please...

Hated Blizz for all the **** they pulled over the years but I still played WoW from launch to WotLK cause it was fun.

Never said you hate the game, just saying your logic of "if you don't like it don't have anything to do with it" is flawed.. It's a very black and white way of thinking, and it really isn't that black and white.. Why not complain constructively in hope of bettering things for everyone??

AGE 0F ANARCHY
04-16-2013, 01:38 PM
actually i stopped crying like an hour ago and started building a bridge to get over it lol ;)

building a bridge seems fun.

Gerrkyy
04-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Ya after this crap I agrre WTF is going on??? Test your shi t on a mock 360. This makes you guy look so dumd..DUMB!

You raging over a longer than expected patching makes you look like you have nothing else to do in your life, but play games, and rage over them, or dumb.. Don't say you don't care how you make yourself seem either because you obviously do care about how companies put themselves out there, or you wouldn't of posted what you did about how the devs at Trion look..

Buddha333
04-16-2013, 01:44 PM
building a bridge seems fun.

Minecraft FTW :D

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Never said you hate the game, just saying your logic of "if you don't like it don't have anything to do with it" is flawed.. It's a very black and white way of thinking, and it really isn't that black and white.. Why not complain constructively in hope of bettering things for everyone??

And which of the Carebears are you?

Buddha333
04-16-2013, 01:54 PM
And which of the Carebears are you?

so because he speaks with logic and understanding over misunderstanding and plain ignorance he must be a carebear........

Mia Nexus
04-16-2013, 01:57 PM
While I agree that this game is having a very rocky start, it's still a much better launch than SimCity was.

Simcity launch was a major fail, you couldn't touch the game for two weeks and for some longer. Defiance for all that has been going wrong still was playable, and has a great team that is willing to fix the problem. if you recall when the patch was announced it was stated that it will be a tricky thing, so having some down time isn't going to end life as we know it. I am rather happy with the team on the game, because they don't just care about the product they care about the players and are willing to keep us informed, and hear what we have to say even if it isn't something nice.

Badboyjoe95
04-16-2013, 02:11 PM
COMPUTER TUFF GUY!
(FMJ)

Does the word d.a.m.n not fit there? If thats not it idk what is. lol