PDA

View Full Version : bmg settings

dandare
04-16-2013, 09:18 AM
how do I set a BMG to heal my shield and myself.ty

Dazz
04-16-2013, 09:19 AM
If you're using a PC, hold the right mouse button down to heal. Hold the left button down to attack. Dunno about consoles.

Asheki
04-16-2013, 09:22 AM
'zoom' button on consoles is how you heal with the bmg.

dandare
04-16-2013, 09:26 AM
thank you guys for info...btw it was for console

morevit
04-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Not all BMGs heal and not all link to multiple targets. The Spanner Protector, specifically, only reduces damage but does not restore shields/health.

Cortechs
04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Just to be clear, if you heal without targeting another player, it will heal yourself instead. Usually, if you are in range for a link, it will heal you while you heal other players, though some BMGs don't "link" to others.

EdgeTW
04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
It's actually a little trickier than what's being said above. If you want to heal yourself with a BMG, you have to make sure you're not aiming at another player (or the heal goes to them instead). Pointing at the ground or point up in the air usually helps.

Now, IF you have a BMG that links (meaning the heal will link from one target to another nearby target), and not all of them do, healing yourself is a bit easier because tagging a nearby person will usually mean you're close enough that the heal beam will link to you. HOWEVER.. when you do this you're burning through your BMG's charge faster (for every person it links to). So, even in the case of a linking BMG it's still preferable to make sure you're not aiming at anyone when activating it (if your intention is to heal yourself).

edit: and by "above" I don't mean the post above mine (who has it right), I meant the first few posts that existed when I started typing my response. :p