PDA

View Full Version : Beta Defiance??

JcSevi
11-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi all. A beta is planned in the coming months?
He knows how the game will support players online simultaneously?

vampero
11-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Hi all. A beta is planned in the coming months?
He knows how the game will support players online simultaneously?

I know there is closed beta right now, but don't know when open beta will be. PC players will only play with PC players and console players will only play together.

Jenbuu
11-18-2012, 05:55 PM
I know there is closed beta right now, but don't know when open beta will be. PC players will only play with PC players and console players will only play together.

as far as i know there isnt a closed beta at the moment
remember they said they were in alpha during the live stream, so i would think that its in house at the moment

Shadinaxx
11-19-2012, 01:11 AM

Also to clarify, since Microsoft and Sony dont get along, each platform will be on their own servers (copies of the same game for diffeant groups of people), and the PC crowd will also have their own servers. Sadly, we wont be able to faceroll eachother cross platform.

Like Jenbuu said, there's no closed beta... YET... think they are considering the candidate criteria (if we go by Trion's past launch timetables as a template).

As to your question, JcSevi, it's a bit vague, and gets all "spacey wacey" and technical an all that to describe how each server works. I hope the answers posted here will cover what you wanted to know. If not, ask again, try to be a little more clearer on what you want to know :)

Darktide
11-19-2012, 05:12 AM
Sad to hear that we won't have cross servers on this game. Not to many xbox360 gamers on here. Could be a pretty boring beta.

Jenbuu
11-19-2012, 07:17 AM
Sad to hear that we won't have cross servers on this game. Not to many xbox360 gamers on here. Could be a pretty boring beta.

give it time, when a beta does come out for the consoles im sure there will be stuff on the respective portals too. so stuff like psn subscribers get it, or gold for the xbox.

there is still time yet

JellyBean
11-19-2012, 12:21 PM

There are a good couple of 360 players here myself included. Look for an older post thats collecting 360 gamertags posted by rexxdoom

vampero
11-19-2012, 01:44 PM

I'm a big time Xbox 360 gamer ,but for Defiance I will buy it on PC if do. The Xbox 360 can't do graphics like ATI 6970 x2 in Crossfire Mode. I would beta test it on Xbox 360 for sure..btw.