PDA

View Full Version : Zero keys from emergencys

Rumbleskin
04-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Like the title says. I have done a bunch and the only thing they give you now is 80 scrip. Major arkfalls give 3. This really really sucks!

Cortechs
04-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Like the title says. I have done a bunch and the only thing they give you now is 80 scrip. Major arkfalls give 3. This really really sucks!

Which emergencies have you tried? Only certain ones gave keys before.

UglyCoyote
04-16-2013, 09:22 AM

most emergency s havent been rewarding keys before the patch either only the hellbug ones did !!!

Lomax21
04-16-2013, 09:23 AM
I did 4-5 different ones and got 0 keys.... This feels like a cash grab to make people buy the lock boxes...

intended mechanics or not you should have left it alone

Rumbleskin
04-16-2013, 09:24 AM
None from hellbugs or any of the other 20 i tryed. Maybe 4 keys was to much for 1 emergency but atlest 2 would have been fair

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 09:24 AM
It is a reason why you only see 1 or 2 people doing them. Those people don't realize they don't get anything.

Cortechs
04-16-2013, 09:25 AM
None from hellbugs or any of the other 20 i tryed

Yeah, I figured it would happen with the patch. I think it would be nice to get 1 key at least from them.

Pyth
04-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Then those little emergencies are virtually worthless to do now, apart from the great XP they provide. (which can be earned much faster doing rampages, hotshots, etc.)

I can understand them trying to help their business model by doing this, but all of these events should at least given one key. Not just the Hellbug emergencies giving 4. They honestly can't expect people to pay $5 for a lockbox that will give them 3 uncommons and a rare.

Rumbleskin
04-16-2013, 09:27 AM
will take days to save for a tier 4 box now

UglyCoyote
04-16-2013, 09:28 AM
nope it wont ....

kiddy
04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
No they nerfed it totally. my grind spot for keycodes is rewarding me now less scrip than getting killed takes away,

good job on making emergencies even more un-usefull than having them just get in the way of time trials...

swatti
04-16-2013, 09:30 AM
If they want people to spen REAL MONEY on items, they should atleas let em buy reputation or something. Buying RANDOM 4 items is just the most idiotic way ever implemented to gain gear.

Basicly, if the only way to get keys is to do arkfalls, then GG devs, you just killed your own game and i want my money back.

Rumbleskin
04-16-2013, 09:31 AM
I did mine 99 and got 2 keys from it. I never did it to farm before patch maybe it gave more.

M00N
04-16-2013, 09:33 AM
lol people....

Seriously if you get anything THAT easy.. just hit 1 mob and move away to other side of the map or hell even run trough 4-7 locations then teleport back to a hub and you get credit and keys? hell no... work for it love it cherish it. Kill something for it. But seriously Emergecy keys were to easy to begin with. it should be CO-OP and Arkfalls only!

But also agree 3 keys for an arkfall! bring it back to 5 and as there are no boss loot in Co-Ops make it 5-10 instead of 5? then people will run co-ops more.

Oooh and another thing they didnt remove it so people would caught up cash for bits.. it was becouse SOOOOoo many abused it... (yeah it was ingame but they certainly didnt intend for it to be "used" that way)

Sdric
04-16-2013, 09:34 AM
I feel scammed.
Getting keys now has become a pure grind - as long as you're not paying real money.
It's not like actually getting a good weapon out of a tier 4 box was enough of a roulette-game yet...

This is a complete joke.

Rumbleskin
04-16-2013, 09:36 AM
2 keys would be fair for a emergency. after doing 34 emergencys we are worth a tier 4 box imoa

Lomax21
04-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Keycodes were a way to grind out gear.. call it end game if you will... The last 4 T4 lockboxes i opened had greens in them.... WTF?

We need boss loot or some way to better gear... Already our selection of gear is seriously limited... Co-Op raids or boss loot is a must!!

Inflicting MHz
04-16-2013, 09:38 AM
I did mine 99 and got 2 keys from it. I never did it to farm before patch maybe it gave more.

Mine 99 (in the overworld, not the co-op instance) used to give 3-4 keys from it, so it was nerfed. But its good to know theres still non-arkfall non-co-op ways of getting them.

Rumbleskin
04-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Anyone know the reset time on events like that and will they reset even if your inside the area

Tgreen
04-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Which emergencies have you tried? Only certain ones gave keys before.

And none of those give keys now, this includes (but isn't limited to) The Pow Hunters, Crash Site, No good deed, Hellbug Extermination, Pestcontrol (the one with the Monarch), Skitterlings!, Bugged out, Feeding Frenzy and Carjacked! (incl a Tanker).
I won't even try San Francisco ... this means RIP emergencies, you're now limited to Arkfalls and repeating Missions for open world gameplay ... I'm looking at you Mine 99!

Major Arkfall giving 3 keys is bad, it takes a lot of time for those completing the minor ones first - that don't give any reward btw, so as long as there are enough people to complete the prephase you'd be a fool to take part in it.

This feels like a cash grab to make people buy the lock boxes...

I don't think so, Lockboxes are the only venue of loot and this basicly lowers your loot amount by a large portion. No one will play a game where loot can only be bought with money, this would effectively be pay 2 win.

swatti
04-16-2013, 09:53 AM
If you think about it, how much of an upgrade is ANY loot really?

Tgreen
04-16-2013, 02:47 PM
If you think about it, how much of an upgrade is ANY loot really?

Pretty massive if you roll the right stats.

squidgod2000
04-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Farm mobs, salvage drops (while the free bonus is in effect), buy keycodes. Best way to go now.

Maniac Jim
04-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Farm mobs, salvage drops (while the free bonus is in effect), buy keycodes. Best way to go now.

MMMMM, thats good OJ.

See, there is always another way, just going to take a bit longer until they give us more ways to get keys.....soon I hope.

UglyCoyote
04-17-2013, 05:05 AM
happend as expected and it will be much harder when the boost are running out you will surely feel the difference so as said emergency s are dead today i only saw people driving through not doing them on the whole map...

emermengys atm are a far too much work and time consuming then the rewards given for doing them ... did 10-15 to test the reward system and only got betwen 100-150 scrips and nothing else on completion and i bet if my loot boost runs out the loot will drop from 3-4 whites and one green to 2 - 1 or worse.... so that was it for me i surely do explotions 101 instead it s easy fast and rewards are far better... ty trion....

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 05:55 AM
Protip: salvage junk and use the salvage to buy keys.

illgot
04-17-2013, 06:45 AM
Tried 10 different emergencies, got about 50 scrip each if lucky, not bothering with them again.

"HELP!" no, you can sit there until some noob wanders around and does this mission for scraps.

Evilution
04-17-2013, 06:51 AM
Arkfalls are 3 keys now wth, is it the same if you come top or top 3 ?

UglyCoyote
04-17-2013, 07:11 AM
hmm i guess everyone knows how to salvage thats not the point you can salvage everywhere mostly and best with easy mobs...

the point is EMERGENCYS are totally useless and not needed anymore... so trion just patch them out of the game ...

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 07:13 AM
But emergencies are an easy source of easy mobs. :V

(well, easy if you're using something like detonators, spamming grenades at the enemy spawn point so they drop like flies..)

Rumbleskin
04-25-2013, 09:32 AM
this still needs to be fixed

squidgod2000
04-25-2013, 09:40 AM
this still needs to be fixed

It'll be fixed once you bump ten more posts about it.

Rumbleskin
04-25-2013, 09:48 AM
It'll be fixed once you bump ten more posts about it.

I sure as hell hope so

Tgreen
04-25-2013, 10:07 AM
I'll help with the bumping.
The emergency issue really thins out the people you see in the world and this is horrible for any MMO to happen.

I'll even add more content to my post! :>

Calling salveging loot in high quanities 'best' for anything really makes me wonder what kind of masochist you are. : o

ps: Bump!

shadowkin
04-25-2013, 10:42 AM
I love(d) doing these is there even a point to them? U get exp towards ego? I rhought horizontal progrssion in this game meant u had to do pursuits to increase your ego

Shogo_Yahagi
04-25-2013, 10:44 AM
Reducing key drops without increasing the drop rate of good gear from lock boxes is an ill-conceived plan. I've been buying T4 lockboxes and have yet to get anything I care about at all. I've received a few purples, but mostly I get trash that I just end up salvaging. I'm starting to wonder why I bother, and I already know for damned sure that I would never pay real money for that crap. The less rewarding they make it to play, the less incentive I have to play. Is that really what Trion wants?

The big problem is that everything that I've seen so far is basically just there to grind out the xp and then throw away. Frankly, making everything in the game disposable makes the game disposable. In Borderlands 2, my bank is stuffed with cool stuff that I don't use, but I like because the unique items in Borderlands have personality. (Oh, and because I have a jekking bank that I can save stuff in that I don't want to carry around all the time. Novel idea, that...) They have funny descriptions or wacky features or strange backstories, like the gun that I made from an enemy robot that tried to kill me every time I tried to help it. In Defiance, most of the quest rewards aren't even unique items, they're just green garbage that you could find anywhere, which means that they're really 500 ark salvage. In all of my game time, I've found exactly 1 item that I want to keep. I like the gun I got from Nolan. I've maxed it out but the only real reason I'm keeping it is that it's the gun I got from Nolan.

It's also bad for the developers. Do they really enjoy creating content that nobody is going to play because it is a relatively poor use of the players' time? If there is only one real way to improve your gear, you'd be stupid not to do that instead of something else that has no chance of improving your gear. Do you really want to be the guy in the office that designs stuff that nobody will bother doing? You might as well be the guy in charge of designing the parts of rocks that are underground.

jnt
04-25-2013, 10:45 AM
I love(d) doing these is there even a point to them? U get exp towards ego? I rhought horizontal progrssion in this game meant u had to do pursuits to increase your ego

You can get more exp/minute doing rampages. The only real point to emergencies was keycodes.

As a note, there is nothing about horizontal progression that means you have to do pursuits. Two completely unrelated things. That you are stuck doing pursuits instead of missions to max your ego is just bad design. You run out of first time content around 5-700 ego :P

Rumbleskin
04-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Reducing key drops without increasing the drop rate of good gear from lock boxes is an ill-conceived plan. I've been buying T4 lockboxes and have yet to get anything I care about at all. I've received a few purples, but mostly I get trash that I just end up salvaging. I'm starting to wonder why I bother, and I already know for damned sure that I would never pay real money for that crap. The less rewarding they make it to play, the less incentive I have to play. Is that really what Trion wants?

The big problem is that everything that I've seen so far is basically just there to grind out the xp and then throw away. Frankly, making everything in the game disposable makes the game disposable. In Borderlands 2, my bank is stuffed with cool stuff that I don't use, but I like because the unique items in Borderlands have personality. (Oh, and because I have a jekking bank that I can save stuff in that I don't want to carry around all the time. Novel idea, that...) They have funny descriptions or wacky features or strange backstories, like the gun that I made from an enemy robot that tried to kill me every time I tried to help it. In Defiance, most of the quest rewards aren't even unique items, they're just green garbage that you could find anywhere, which means that they're really 500 ark salvage. In all of my game time, I've found exactly 1 item that I want to keep. I like the gun I got from Nolan. I've maxed it out but the only real reason I'm keeping it is that it's the gun I got from Nolan.

It's also bad for the developers. Do they really enjoy creating content that nobody is going to play because it is a relatively poor use of the players' time? If there is only one real way to improve your gear, you'd be stupid not to do that instead of something else that has no chance of improving your gear. Do you really want to be the guy in the office that designs stuff that nobody will bother doing? You might as well be the guy in charge of designing the parts of rocks that are underground.

Couldent agree more

AZAG0TH
04-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Couldent agree more

At the very least they need to bring key fragments back in and award 2-3 fragments per emergency. After you do a few you have a full key. As it stands there is little point in doing these emergencies anymore - it's a shame.

Starcore
04-25-2013, 11:58 AM

tell me about it

Tgreen
04-25-2013, 12:04 PM
By the way, emergencies give 100 scrip actually, it's just devided up into 80+10+10 ... didn't notice this until yesterday myself.
Not that this would help in any way, shape or form. : o

dalendria
04-25-2013, 12:17 PM
like the gun that I made from an enemy robot that tried to kill me every time I tried to help it.

I loved that gun. Everytime it would tell me that it was not going to try and kill me, I would start laughing. I kept helping it out just to see the new way it would start attacking me.

I would love to see them give the guns more character like in Borderlands. Maybe legendary (orange) becomes more than just a different color with all mod slots. Maybe it has a unique look, interesting backstory and some weird nano effect.

Racheakt
04-25-2013, 12:36 PM
What they need to do to fix emergencies is to grant reputation for the emergency within the area of the contracts.

So if the Mt. Tam contracts have you killing things around Mt. Tam, if you do the emergencies in that area you should be able to earn lets say 5 credits. That way after a few EM runs you can go out and buy a mod or a weapon.

This would draw me into emergencies since they are easier to come across than the actual contracts. Considering i never know where to go to complete them but emergencies can be found all over the place.

^^^

I saw this sugestion in the PC section on this topic, I think it is a great idea as an alternative to "we need to spend cash on lockboxes" idea.

It lets emergencies mean something for us, lets them monetize the silly lock-boxes.

Wolf177
04-25-2013, 12:37 PM
I've noticed that emergencies that are literally on the road don't give any. But if you go off-road and find them there, they give 4 keycodes. Can anyone confirm this?

Racheakt
04-25-2013, 01:09 PM
I've noticed that emergencies that are literally on the road don't give any. But if you go off-road and find them there, they give 4 keycodes. Can anyone confirm this?

You may be thinking of the events at the fixed locations like "Mine 99" I think those still give random amount of key codes.

Deirachel
04-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Fastest way to grind keycodes: Do co-op missions.

You get 5 per run, and you can break down the loot for purchasing keycodes.