PDA

View Full Version : Time to retire...

Bunjmin
04-16-2013, 09:36 AM
What I love about forums is that no matter what anyone posts, they are always wrong. There are at least two sides to every argument and there is always someone smarter to make you look like a *******. Complain about complainers and become one yourself. I read these rage posts and lose my faith in the gamer community and mankind in general. It is worse than driving on the Kennedy. It is an endless cycle of powshtako. It all just makes me want to poo.

How scruggin' worthless is my free time? In retrospect, I would have been better off just shooting myself in the face if I knew this was how I was going to be spending my time.

I hereby, tender my official resignation from all forums. This community is really beginning to suck anyway. This is why I don't have facebook, twitter, or any other accounts. The internet has become a mouthpiece for every single ****** who thinks they have a God given right to be heard... And I have fallen right into the trap. Time to get back to the roots of what the internet is really all about: Gaming and ****. See you out in the wasteland. Good riddance.

alienoid
04-16-2013, 09:39 AM
What I love about forums is that no matter what anyone posts, they are always wrong. There are at least two sides to every argument and there is always someone smarter to make you look like a *******. Complain about complainers and become one yourself. I read these rage posts and lose my faith in the gamer community and mankind in general. It is worse than driving on the Kennedy. It is an endless cycle of powshtako. It all just makes me want to poo.

How scruggin' worthless is my free time? In retrospect, I would have been better off just shooting myself in the face if I knew this was how I was going to be spending my time.

I hereby, tender my official resignation from all forums. This community is really beginning to suck anyway. This is why I don't have facebook, twitter, or any other accounts. The internet has become a mouthpiece for every single ****** who thinks they have a God given right to be heard... And I have fallen right into the trap. Time to get back to the roots of what the internet is really all about: Gaming and ****. See you out in the wasteland. Good riddance.

+1
/10char

Rizaun
04-16-2013, 09:39 AM
TL;DR 10chars

Mustaine
04-16-2013, 09:40 AM
TL;DR 10chars

A prime example of the good hearted community.

fishboy11
04-16-2013, 09:40 AM
what did you expect, and what kind of forum would it be if everyone just agreed with eachother all the time?

mrp25
04-16-2013, 09:42 AM
You forget that the more angry, self-entitled, and ignorant people are, the more vocal they are.

Lollie
04-16-2013, 09:43 AM
what did you expect, and what kind of forum would it be if everyone just agreed with eachother all the time?

no u

_____

Rizaun
04-16-2013, 09:43 AM
A prime example of the good hearted community.

Thank you, I'm proud. :)

therokito
04-16-2013, 09:44 AM
MMO forums are usualy th worst kind of forums youll ever be on

eveeryone has a problem, and its always the end of the world and nothing can be said to make it better
the general mode of thinking is this

1) Theres a bug, and its the end of the world
2) OMG why cant they ackoewledge the bug
3) ok, so they finaly acknowelged it, so why isnt it fixed yet
4) oh look its fixed, took yuo long enough, too long
5) omg there is another bug, its still the end of the world

Warlander
it is bad here though i agree with op

fishboy11
no u

_____

no me

________

CitanXbox
Later, you'll most likely just become a lurker so have fun with that.

Zhaocore
04-16-2013, 09:45 AM
I know the feel OP. This "community" is pretty jarring most of the time.

In case you still want to talk/hear about defiance news there is http://www.reddit.com/r/defiance MUCH better moderated than this.

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 09:46 AM

Shut up meg.

Lollie
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/the_pics/random%20stuff/goinghome_zps9169d4e5.jpg

krazyx86
I'm with you about gaming communities in general, but I will not leave these forums due to my love of Defiance, and it's these forums where I and others can express that love(or hate, depends which side of the fence you're on). However, it IS sometimes a little rough wading through the pages upon pages of unintelligent and slanderous posts.. But that is the day we live in, where everyone has a voice.. Whether you agree with it or not, we ALL have a voice.. To me, it takes a lot of strength to be able to read the forums and not want to shoot yourself in the head..

BTW what part of chitown are you from(if you're not already gone)?

Zhaocore
I'm with you about gaming communities in general, but I will not leave these forums due to my love of Defiance, and it's these forums where I and others can express that love(or hate, depends which side of the fence you're on). However, it IS sometimes a little rough wading through the pages upon pages of unintelligent and slanderous posts.. But that is the day we live in, where everyone has a voice.. Whether you agree with it or not, we ALL have a voice.. To me, it takes a lot of strength to be able to read the forums and not want to shoot yourself in the head..

http://www.reddit.com/r/defiance

Fakfejs
04-16-2013, 09:47 AM
dont be wrong or ull be get this ...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/239d314527a8e46354ccdfd917bd2974/tumblr_mlbfd2Uplm1qa3ut6o1_400.gif

Kerry
04-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Except for me.

I'm always the smarter one.

Life is good.

alienoid
What amaze me the most is, ingame, those very same persons are just fantastic, friendly, helping, funny, you name it. It's just on forums all of sudden everyone needs to be a jerk.

K A S H I H A R A D
Formal "resignations" of a message board.

And I thought BSN was hilarious.

Jammylambo
no me

________

HEY! what about me :( ...

Another
TL;DR 10chars

TS;DR 10chars

Maximus Prime
04-16-2013, 09:50 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1134492/yawn-o.gif

krazyx86
http://www.reddit.com/r/defiance

I never bothered to reddit anything for some reason. I'm more of an "official forums" kind of guy. But thanks for the link, I may check it out some day.

DeMoted
What amaze me the most is, ingame, those very same persons are just fantastic, friendly, helping, funny, you name it. It's just on forums all of sudden everyone needs to be a jerk.

Forums turn you into q jerk b.c just look at it people crying about every little thing they can. Look at this thread it is a person crying about people on forums. Instead of just not coming on the forums they went out of there way to post about them not coming on the forums. They also want the attention even if they say they don't. So they get bashed for it. The real people that are actually fed up with forums just leave and don't post a thread about it.

Phase
no me

________

me you ****ING****COCKSUCKINGDIKEFAG

Zhaocore
04-16-2013, 09:51 AM

Its because noone uses the chat system ingame. Once they actually "fix" the chat system. You will see the players.

krazyx86
04-16-2013, 09:52 AM

I think it's because generally on most forums, it's a tough world, so people think they have to be just as tough if not tougher.

Jeff Kaos
04-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Gaming forums are supposed to be place to rage when a game p***es someone off. Seriously, why should they carry it around inside when they can post anonymous rants? It's not hurting anyone. And yes, people do have a God given right to say whatever they want, especially on the Internet, doesn't mean the crap they're saying is right and it doesn't mean you have to agree with them and it certainly doesn't mean you have to even read it. The way you sound it seems like you'd prefer censored forums, yep...nothing wrong with that. And I've been in a lot worse game forums than this, Mass Effect 3 and Xcom come to mind immediately.

mr_mover34
04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
It is worse than driving on the Kennedy. You must have never driven on the inbound Edens on a friday evening. Might as well just go sit at a bar until 8pm then sit in that.

Strontium Dog
04-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Op post is Ironic and hypocritical all at the same time.

Like the people in team games who call out noob team every chance they get.

Door.

Hit.

Way out.

Ralifur
04-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Forums turn you into q jerk b.c just look at it people crying about every little thing they can. Look at this thread it is a person crying about people on forums. Instead of just not coming on the forums they went out of there way to post about them not coming on the forums. They also want the attention even if they say they don't. So they get bashed for it. The real people that are actually fed up with forums just leave and don't post a thread about it.

This. I am in an agreement with you sir!

HansKisaragi
04-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Welcome to MMO forums :P

Zhaocore
04-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Gaming forums are supposed to be place to rage when a game p***es someone off. Seriously, why should they carry it around inside when they can post anonymous rants? It's not hurting anyone. And yes, people do have a God given right to say whatever they want, especially on the Internet, doesn't mean the crap they're saying is right and it doesn't mean you have to agree with them and it certainly doesn't mean you have to even read it. The way you sound it seems like you'd prefer censored forums, yep...nothing wrong with that. And I've been in a lot worse game forums than this, Mass Effect 3 and Xcom come to mind immediately.

You can say whatever you want. Just don't be a ****** about it.

I know that will never happen until they remove anonymity but hey, once can dream..

terkwashere
04-16-2013, 10:05 AM
I much prefer the in-game community, where I can't easily communicate with anyone, to the wasteland that this forum has become.

Bombata
04-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Just another nerd breakdown :)

Mr Mikah
04-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Fact of life everyone has the right to an opinion and the right to tell others there opinion. However everyone has the right to not give a flying **** what people have to say.