PDA

View Full Version : seems like this might be a brink

hey u
04-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Im starting to feel like this might be another brink game where it just dosnt work omg I hope im wrong just im starting to get that feeling and its getting stronger by the min

dash x73
04-16-2013, 09:47 AM
:O he said the unspeakable word

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Brink > The Current State of Defiance

Xavier Horovitz
04-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Im starting to feel like this might be another brink game where it just dosnt work omg I hope im wrong just im starting to get that feeling and its getting stronger by the min

I agree. When Brink set the record for being the only game in existence to ever have an issue, I thought it would never happen again. But, here we are with Defiance.

EDIT
04-16-2013, 09:52 AM
+1 to OP

It DOES in fact feel a bit reminiscent of *shudders* Bri... that game, I can't even bring myself to type it out.

Zalm
04-16-2013, 09:53 AM
It took a while, but Brink got patched into a great game...hell, I still play it alot, and its fun as hell. I just wish more people played it. But you must realize, as good a game as brink was, it took almost 2 months to be patched into its current state, and then 3 more weeks of patches after that DLC Agents of Change. So saying that Defiance is worse than brink is like saying Bioshock is better than Bioshock Infinite. Of course it is, patch wise, but patches take time. Patience is a virtue lost to humanity save the respectable few.

Talon Swiftshot
04-16-2013, 09:53 AM
I agree. When Brink set the record for being the only game in existence to ever have an issue, I thought it would never happen again. But, here we are with Defiance.

Heh heh. Made me chuckle.

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Brink got patched into a great game...hell, I still play it alot.

Annnnnnnd I officially don't give two ****s about anything else you type... ever.

Pyth
04-16-2013, 09:54 AM
At least Brink was playable offline.

Shepard Commander
04-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Uhh I hope not lol

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 09:55 AM
At least Brink was playable offline.

LOL THIS /10char

F1V3F1N93R5
04-16-2013, 10:02 AM
I really would like to disagree. Brink could compare to the not so far off game “Bullet Run” where they try to simulate team pvp shooter. I think of Defiance as a MMO version of Fallout Borderlands. Brink can’t even compare to what Defiance is. The only downfall of Defiance is that it has bugs here and there but it’s still a server based game, so it’s a work in progress.

yeeryan
04-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Annnnnnnd I officially don't give two ****s about anything else you type... ever.

haha awsomeness

Zalm
04-16-2013, 10:07 AM

Good....I hope you ignore me.

Brink was a good game, its wasnt the best, but its still fun and enjoyable. It had a different style of gameplay, and if you didnt like it, then thats your prerogative, but dont knock it just because its not CoD.

hey u
04-16-2013, 10:09 AM
I mean to the games servers and the lag

The numb
04-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Don't forget about the um...Fail of a game "Tabula Rasa"

Durva360
04-16-2013, 10:14 AM

Brink was a good game, its wasnt the best, but its still fun and enjoyable. It had a different style of gameplay, and if you didnt like it, then thats your prerogative, but dont knock it just because its not CoD. Yes because everyone loves getting stuck with stupid AI that run into walls or get themselves killed while the enemy AI can be dead on with their shots? Lol that is how the game was just a few months ago and highly doubt this ever got changed.

iN4 Hitman
04-16-2013, 10:26 AM

UsuallyDope you're a tool

Zalm
04-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Yes because everyone loves getting stuck with stupid AI that run into walls or get themselves killed while the enemy AI can be dead on with their shots? Lol that is how the game was just a few months ago and highly doubt this ever got changed.

I suppose if you have such an issue with the AI, then yes, that isnt your type of game. Simply go back to games without AI, like CoD. Or even better, since no one has ever really built a challenging AI, maybe YOU could do it?

Jackaleffect
04-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Brink > fps with online based small servers with upto 12 was it? people per server on small enclosed maps, Defiance > third person shooter with a big online server with upto 10,000+ people on the server in a big sandbox with servers inside of them for the small pvp enclosed maps and pve enclosed maps... now tell me how brinks problems compare to defiance problems when defiance has alot more to handle than brink did.

Seriously what the hell is with people these days just because servers are down on an mmo which is not unusual for an mmo everyone goes into a weird frenzy of comparing the game to other games that have nothing in common with it and as for offline mode well no it doesnt have one because its an mm"o" for people that may not understand that concept its massive multiplayer "online" u know goes with the other many mmos like WoW, Starwars, Rift, Warhammer ect

UsuallyDope
04-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Yes because everyone loves getting stuck with stupid AI that run into walls or get themselves killed while the enemy AI can be dead on with their shots? Lol that is how the game was just a few months ago and highly doubt this ever got changed.

Not to mention campaign and multiplayer were the SAME ****ING THING

DarkShadowMark
04-16-2013, 10:47 AM
It took a while, but Brink got patched into a great game...hell, I still play it alot, and its fun as hell. I just wish more people played it. But you must realize, as good a game as brink was, it took almost 2 months to be patched into its current state, and then 3 more weeks of patches after that DLC Agents of Change. So saying that Defiance is worse than brink is like saying Bioshock is better than Bioshock Infinite. Of course it is, patch wise, but patches take time. Patience is a virtue lost to humanity save the respectable few.

Gamertag, NOW. I shall play with you.

I really would like to disagree. Brink could compare to the not so far off game “Bullet Run” where they try to simulate team pvp shooter. I think of Defiance as a MMO version of Fallout Borderlands. Brink can’t even compare to what Defiance is. The only downfall of Defiance is that it has bugs here and there but it’s still a server based game, so it’s a work in progress.

+5 internets

Give me your GT so we can play!

Brink was a good game, its wasnt the best, but its still fun and enjoyable. It had a different style of gameplay, and if you didnt like it, then thats your prerogative, but dont knock it just because its not CoD.

It was very good, I admit that it was unfinished, but it is still a very good product.

I suppose if you have such an issue with the AI, then yes, that isnt your type of game. Simply go back to games without AI, like CoD. Or even better, since no one has ever really built a challenging AI, maybe YOU could do it?

The AI of brink was good in it's own right. Far better than the likes of CoD.

Comparing Defiance to Brink is like comparing a prime rib to another prime rib, both in perfect condition. I love both games, and just sitting there, insulting it, says a whole lot about your intelligence OP.

Zalm
04-16-2013, 10:51 AM
My Forum name is my GT. I'm not on right now, but if you toss me a FR, I'll get to it later.

DarkShadowMark
04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Already done.

Lol energy Katanas on your avatar. I'm jellie.

Zalm
04-16-2013, 10:59 AM
I had a few extra points after I got Minecraft, so I gots thems.

DMC14
04-16-2013, 10:59 AM
"since no one has ever really built a challenging AI" - have a go of Arma 2 insurgency mode that AI can be really hard/good sometimes.

But yeah i liked brink from day one online and offline (considering the missions were exactly the same). not enough people playing it so i moved on to something else. but i dont remember there being the problems u guys are saying. i thought it was a good game that didnt get enough credit (it was better then syndicate).