PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a noob :)

TechnoSausage
04-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Hi there

I've been playing for a couple of days and up to ego level 128 and got a full purple set of weapons and armor, is that a good setup?

Anyway, I'm wondering what's the best way to play the game in your opinion?
Just play the main missions and side missions or should I keep heading to arkfall battles?

Any advice to help starting out would be great!
Also where can I replace this crappy quad for something abit faster? Lol

Cheers

WreckFace
04-16-2013, 09:54 AM
isn't the whole idea to just have fun.
it's an mmo. do what u like. there is no best way

Solomon_Cato
04-16-2013, 09:54 AM
You're gonna get a ton of advice on this, but as for me I stick with all the missions (episode, side, and main) as well as arkfalls. Never skip arkfalls, if you can get to one do it ASAP. Good exp and chance at some decent equipment.

The numb
04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Don't forget to lose some orange epic equipment so you can get more orange epic equipment. Yes it's all about having fun.

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 10:01 AM
PvE tip shield don't worry about the color make sure it is respark with about 3sec recharge delay and around 40% recharge rate. You will live longer since you can hide quickly and recharge immediately.

Solomon_Cato
04-16-2013, 10:04 AM
PvE tip shield don't worry about the color make sure it is respark with about 3sec recharge delay and around 40% recharge rate. You will live longer since you can hide quickly and recharge immediately.

Amen to that.

SgtScR3aM21
04-16-2013, 10:04 AM
get $15.5k scrip and buy a dodge challenger its mad fast , but its at a secret vendor.

everyone is going to play the game differently thats why there are so many different aspects (i haven't gotten to touch pvp or co-op , even with their mixed reviews , i still want to try it but i just get caught up helping people or doing arkfalls)

as for your all purple items , i was having this conversation this morning , the color of your item just changes how rare it is and how much it is worth. i have white items that do more than some purple items. so dont get stuck on color of items , hell im almost ego 500 and my loadout looks like a rainbow. i even have 2 orange items i dont use because they are worse than the greens i buy ata a vendor to level up.

get a group of friends or a clan and just blow **** UP!

RegularX
04-16-2013, 10:25 AM
get $15.5k scrip and buy a dodge challenger its mad fast , but its at a secret vendor.

everyone is going to play the game differently thats why there are so many different aspects (i haven't gotten to touch pvp or co-op , even with their mixed reviews , i still want to try it but i just get caught up helping people or doing arkfalls)

as for your all purple items , i was having this conversation this morning , the color of your item just changes how rare it is and how much it is worth. i have white items that do more than some purple items. so dont get stuck on color of items , hell im almost ego 500 and my loadout looks like a rainbow. i even have 2 orange items i dont use because they are worse than the greens i buy ata a vendor to level up.

get a group of friends or a clan and just blow **** UP!

Where is said secret vendor?

TechnoSausage
04-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the replies! Food for thought

SgtScR3aM21
04-16-2013, 10:29 AM
go search teh forums for secret vendors and theres a forum with a map to where the vendors are , if u showed me a map i could show u were they are but im not good with directions lol

Solomon_Cato
04-16-2013, 10:37 AM
I would assume co-op would offer some good exp too, but I'm not sure really. I'm sitting at 411 EGO and have yet to do a co-op. Maybe someone can clarify more thoroughly.

cusman
04-16-2013, 10:57 AM
isn't the whole idea to just have fun.
it's an mmo. do what u like. there is no best way

I think this is good advice. The only thing I would add is to do the Episode Missions before the TV Show airs because they are timed and will become unavailable when the TV Show airs (Monday's 10pm on SyFy channel).

Another thing you might want to keep in mind is the Pursuits and Contracts. Just be aware of them and if there are any specify rewards you want to earn (new costumes, titles, etc). So you can play any co-op map if you feel like playing one but maybe one or two of them have an open contract that will earn you some reputation which can then be used to buy weapons from one of the Vendors. Stuff like that...

Also which Arkfall you go for you can also decide based on which Pursuit requirement you are trying to full-fill. One of each Minor Arkfall type, getting the killing shot on the big baddie of the Major Arkfall, etc.

If you don't want to get into the Pursuits and Contracts, then just maybe try to find a group of friends within the game and do the Main, Side, and Co-Op missions together. That at least for me doesn't get old. Try out different weapons, unlock more perks and powers and just enjoy :)

Damodar Thade
04-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Great advice in hear allready, i tend to run alot of arkfalls and coop maps and then usually do the side mission followed by story and have been getting good loot and rewards so far. I believe the episode mission are time sensitive so getting them done soon as would be a good idea.

Evilution
04-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Turn on damage numbers to test out weapons, try all different weapons and see which you like. When your weapons bar is full, change it if you still want to level up your skill in that weapon type. Join arkfalls to get grenades and shields, if you get orange loot give them me :p

Irres169
04-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Play it anyway you want, that's the point.
Just don't be one of those tools who drives around an arkfall. :D

XM193
04-16-2013, 03:24 PM
This game is pretty forgiving to new players as long as you don't do anything too stupid and dying isn't really a problem so explore and have fun. Test your limits, it won't take long to figure out what you like.

Trigger Finger
04-16-2013, 04:16 PM
The Desert Nomads are always looking for new gamers to join our community. We are a very active clan that focuses on both the PVE and PVP elements of Defiance. If you interested in joining a friendly, active, and mature clan where you will meet other likeminded gamers then check us out at: http://desertnomads.enjin.com/

Best of luck to ya.

Saber024
04-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Play it anyway you want, that's the point.
Just don't be one of those tools who drives around an arkfall. :D

please. pretty please. for the love of .....