PDA

View Full Version : No EGO units gained after EGO power scale up post patch

Embermouth
04-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Title may be a little confusing. I have an issue, I dont know if anyone else is experiencing this. After the patch and they awarded users who have been leveling up runners, rollers and cerberus' vehicles EGO power levels. I was one of them, I logged off last night at 821 when I logged into the game this morning i went up to 933.

The problem is I received not a single EGO unit for those 100+ EGO power levels. Is this a bug, was it intended to be like this or have other people been experiencing this issue.

Aternak
04-16-2013, 10:14 AM
EGO power doesn't give EGO units. Only filling your experience bar on the bottom gives them (and it also gives 10 EGO power).

Magrock
04-16-2013, 10:14 AM
You don't get EGO points when you gain EGO rating. You gain EGO points when the yellow XP bar at the bottom fills up, NOT from EGO rating.

Dwane
04-16-2013, 10:16 AM
...and they awarded users who have been leveling up runners, rollers and cerberus' vehicles EGO power levels...

Yes.... awarded...... u mean reseting skill to zero is awarding?

Embermouth
04-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Apologies, i was unaware that the yellow XP bar was the only thing that gave EGO units upon filling. I thought you still got them every 10 levels no matter what.

Miko
04-16-2013, 11:29 AM
got to 800+ ego rating and still doesnt even know how ego upgrades are earned. gg

Highbinder
04-16-2013, 11:46 AM
You're over all ego rating is what unlocks new perk slots and load out slots when you hit 1k you get your first perk on the second bar of them, at 1.5k you get your last loadout.

ThanksForTheLoot
04-16-2013, 11:49 AM
i thought the same thing... thanks for showing me how it really works

Bluegobln
04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
It's really just a case of "did the math" or "didn't bother to do the math". Nothing to be shamed about, I went a while before knowing myself. I'm sure MANY still don't know.

At 800 EGO if you got 1 point for every 10 EGO you'd have 80 points, which is enough to do like almost the entire tree. Suffice it to say, you will need significantly more than that. :D

Mourneblade
04-16-2013, 12:07 PM
My major beef with this retroactive Ego gain is that it didn't register my new Ego rating on the Ark Hunter Pursuit that requires intervals of Ego rating to complete, ie. my next unlock would have come at 1000 Ego rating, and I was 996. After the patch I was bumped up to 1012 or some arbitrary number, but I didn't get any credit towards the pursuit, nor did I gain my next Ego Perk Slot.

Seems like it is oversight after oversight with these patches and "fixes". Still no word on our disappearing weapons or Challenge re-integration.

axiod
04-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Mine didn't register either with the pursuit I'm worried this could become a problem later on

Blak
04-16-2013, 03:10 PM
My major beef with this retroactive Ego gain is that it didn't register my new Ego rating on the Ark Hunter Pursuit that requires intervals of Ego rating to complete, ie. my next unlock would have come at 1000 Ego rating, and I was 996. After the patch I was bumped up to 1012 or some arbitrary number, but I didn't get any credit towards the pursuit, nor did I gain my next Ego Perk Slot.

Seems like it is oversight after oversight with these patches and "fixes". Still no word on our disappearing weapons or Challenge re-integration.

Please submit that as a bug because when I log on tonight that exact thing is going to happen to me.

That isn't an oversight it is a cause and effect bug that is rather hard to test before pushing out a patch. I worked in QA for a major game publisher and trust me when I say the sheer amount of bugs that you have to crush in the database is hard enough, crushing every one is impossible. They may know about this and are working on a patch for it but don't wait around. Submit a bug ticket and make sure it is at the very least floating in their database to address it.