PDA

View Full Version : @Sledge. Steam Pre-Order Confirmation

Inque
03-14-2013, 06:18 PM
@Sledge

Hey i know there has been a flurry of post about steam and the details about the upcoming mission 3 beta event. I have attempted to search the forums for official details regarding this and it starts to get tiring reading to dozens of page of people flaming each other or changing the topic the thread is meant to focus on.

This thread is just being directed to you to help the community get solid confirmation directly from trion rather then non stop assumptions that go back and forth with what is actually suppose to happen. All i am asking for is some guidance of what the users that have pre-ordered on steam should expect to do to participate in beta.

THE GOAL :o

Can you please confirm one of these being accurate or maybe a step that has not been listed? :confused:
************************************************** **********************************
Trion will work directly with steam to tie to the users that have already pre-ordered on steam to have the individual game profile to be populated with a key that we would take to the main site to register as some other retailers have already done.

Are we going to expect some sort of linking our steam account within the Trion system to be able to participate and register our copy of the game.

A email communication directly from steam informing us our account is eligible for beta participation.

Option 4 = Other process that may not be listed.
************************************************** ************************************

These are the main ways that i can identify logistics working to make us able to participate. Again please work with Trion to help guide us on what the expectation is for us to follow so that we can participate. Or if you know the answer please just share it with us here.

@Defiance Community Part 1 :cool:

Please do not fill this thread with opinions, speculations, or any feedback that is non productive that just causes another thread of dozens of pages of back and forth that is not helpful and will cause a reply to get lost in the sea of messages.

Please do not hate on me if the information is buried somewhere that i may have missed as it gets kinda of exhausting reading thru pages and pages of threads trying to locate a answer in between the arguments that develop naturally.

@Defiance Community Part 2 :cool:

My name is Inque and like many of you i am looking forward to playing Defiance. I really care about this game and hope to do my part to keep productive and work towards helping develop a better final product for all of us to enjoy by sharing my insight and ideas. I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself and wish you all a great gaming experience regardless of your platform of choice.

See some of you on the battlefield.

Inque
03-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Apologies for adding another steam question. The PC section did not having anything like this as i was typing this up. also the other post do not focus on my concern.

DaDrunkenJester
03-14-2013, 07:30 PM
I would also like a clear answer on this. Haven't read any concrete news about the Steam pre-order, just people saying wait. Not that I'm worried, I have faith in Trion and Steam, I have just seen a lot of other people getting their codes already.
Edit: Nice to meet you Inque.

Ambic
03-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Agreed, this is probably why people are so skeptical of pre-ordering from steam and thus another reason we may not get the rewards listed on steam.

l4yercake
03-14-2013, 10:03 PM
2 weeks out and not even a quarter of the way there for Tier 1. Defiance is failing miserably on Steam, I don't see how it's even remotely possible that we see any of the unlocks. Guess I just go through GMG and place my pre-order since you can 20% of the digital deluxe.

Sledgehammer70
03-14-2013, 10:03 PM
If you pre-ordered via Steam, Steam will be e-mailing you a Trion code for Beta access. This e-mail will happen closer to Beta launch, if not the day of Beta launch.

Rizzy
03-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Brilliant that helps give little better idea about when to expect the code thanks

Inque
03-15-2013, 09:06 AM
If you pre-ordered via Steam, Steam will be e-mailing you a Trion code for Beta access. This e-mail will happen closer to Beta launch, if not the day of Beta launch.

@Sledge thank you for taking the time to provide some peace of mind on what to expect.