PDA

View Full Version : Make that game Pay to Win - Lets go Trion!

Yuki_k
04-16-2013, 10:22 AM
What about the random event reward fix? Do you recognise any other purpose than people buying lockboxes with real money? What about the promises they made? Thats getting ridiculous.

Napalm Sunrise
04-16-2013, 10:33 AM
What about the random event reward fix? Do you recognise any other purpose than people buying lockboxes with real money? What about the promises they made? Thats getting ridiculous.

How much did you spend on lockboxes man? was it over 150 dollars US? because I'm at that and it was a tough lesson learned but you know what? They aren't gonna "fix" the game to allow for people to simply win by playing. The color tier progression is mostly worthless anyways since many many many people right here on this forum has mentioned that they are finding weapons of white level rarity taht are either equal or lower level lock than an orange of the same weapon category that are still better. So really, what you are proposing is not really an option simply because the weapons don't scale based on rarity. I've had 6 from SR's to RL's to AR's and not one stood above the rest of their non legendary counterparts.

Jestunhi
04-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Unless the keys are disabled via non-RMT means then it's not pay to win.

And even then it's not the only way to get the items they give, so it's debatable whether it would be even without earned keys.

Yuki_k
04-16-2013, 10:35 AM
I haven't spent any money on the game besides on the game itself. I think you got me wrong.

Asheki
04-16-2013, 10:35 AM
How much did you spend on lockboxes man? was it over 150 dollars US? because I'm at that and it was a tough lesson learned but you know what? They aren't gonna "fix" the game to allow for people to simply win by playing. The color tier progression is mostly worthless anyways since many many many people right here on this forum has mentioned that they are finding weapons of white level rarity taht are either equal or lower level lock than an orange of the same weapon category that are still better. So really, what you are proposing is not really an option simply because the weapons don't scale based on rarity. I've had 6 from SR's to RL's to AR's and not one stood above the rest of their non legendary counterparts.

There is scalling, it comes in the shape of the bonuses placed on the weapons.

Jitterbug
04-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Buying lockboxes that will unlock items for a level nothing character... I would say it's that persons own fault if they get nothing good.

R3d
04-16-2013, 10:38 AM
i play since 2 days, and say what you wanna say, you get ( or got) keys way too fast.

I mean i want this game too last longer than just 1-2 weeks nad for that lockboxes and other stuff should feel like a real reward not just a thing i get because im on the currency limit again.

Fuzzy Skinner
04-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Wow...
Lockboxes are so easy to get with resources I don't understand why people would pay for them.
This isn't a case of being "good" at the game either or spending 100s of hours. Some roadside events give you keys, and the one "scitterlings" is so easy you can complete it in about 20 seconds of just running over bugs.
I think this is a tough learning experience for anyone who payed for lockboxes. Next time you play an online game, especially an MMO, figure out how you would normally acquire "premium" paid content before you whip out the credit car.

Another
04-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Wow...
Lockboxes are so easy to get with resources I don't understand why people would pay for them.
This isn't a case of being "good" at the game either or spending 100s of hours. Some roadside events give you keys, and the one "scitterlings" is so easy you can complete it in about 20 seconds of just running over bugs.
I think this is a tough learning experience for anyone who payed for lockboxes. Next time you play an online game, especially an MMO, figure out how you would normally acquire "premium" paid content before you whip out the credit car.

You misread the thread >.>. From the latest patch, roadside instances no longer give keycodes and the OP is discussing the ramifications of that.

Napalm Sunrise
04-16-2013, 10:46 AM
There is scalling, it comes in the shape of the bonuses placed on the weapons.

I saw a few and they are like 1% to 3% mag increases or 15% grenade or 10% EGO cooldown on kill with weapon etc. It's comparable to Faction Vendor purple level weapons or purple level drop weapons. My fav is when you get one that doesn't synergize with your character origin and how a lot of weapons seem to emphasize this hidden affinity. Like a ton of Shotties will generally synergize with an Outlaw origin but not a SAW or an AR.

omega32x
04-16-2013, 10:47 AM
I was thinking about it with the lockboxes but i just decide to farm everything needed for the most part. Also im not buying any of the DLC until we know whats exactly in it. Iv already spent more than normal on this game already for the most part.

Yuki_k
04-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Wow...

Sorry, I think that's enough. Are you silly enough to not unterstand that I haven't spent ANY REAL MONEY EXCEPT FOR THE GAME ITSELF. You should think about what you are posting actually. I got all my orange weapons from farming or from trades. Now it's just getting ridiculous as weapon grinding was one of the remaining interesting aspects of the game. My English might be hard to understand, but I would still appreciate you to just shut up.

swatti
i play since 2 days, and say what you wanna say, you get ( or got) keys way too fast.

I mean i want this game too last longer than just 1-2 weeks nad for that lockboxes and other stuff should feel like a real reward not just a thing i get because im on the currency limit again.

So you feel "rewarded" when you farm 2 days for keys and get a set of green pistols from the box?

Fuzzy Skinner
You misread the thread >.>. From the latest patch, roadside instances no longer give keycodes and the OP is discussing the ramifications of that.

Oh, my bad. lol. I haven't logged on today yet.

Asheki
I saw a few and they are like 1% to 3% mag increases or 15% cooldown on kill with weapon etc. It's comparable to Faction Vendor purple level weapons or purple level drop weapons. My fav is when you get one that doesn't synergize with your character origin and how a lot of weapons seem to emphasize this hidden affinity. Like a ton of Shotties will generally synergize with an Outlaw origin but not a SAW or an AR.

The synergy aren't related to your origin, its just a poor choice of words. They're related to mods you apply to your guns. Which btw mods = the rarer the stronger. Shields get more and stronger effects the rarer they get. Weapons get better bonuses and more of them the rarer they get.

Fuzzy Skinner
04-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Sorry, I think that's enough. Are you silly enough to not unterstand that I haven't spent ANY REAL MONEY EXCEPT FOR THE GAME ITSELF. You should think about what you are posting actually. I got all my orange weapons from farming or from trades. Now it's just getting ridiculous as weapon grinding was one of the remaining interesting aspects of the game. My English might be hard to understand, but I would still appreciate you to just shut up.

lmao
Such anger. I love when someone says something like "I appreciate it if you shut up" or "please go to hell". Why bother opening with politeness if you're just going to get aggressive anyway?
I admit I misread the post at first, my bad. Thing is, how bad is this change in rewards? Can still farm keys from arkfalls/PVP/Co-op? If so I don't see much of an issue since we were basically handed keys before.
You need to sit back with a bowl of grass and chill dude, it's all good here.

Napalm Sunrise
04-16-2013, 10:57 AM
The synergy aren't related to your origin, its just a poor choice of words. They're related to mods you apply to your guns. Which btw mods = the rarer the stronger. Shields get more and stronger effects the rarer they get. Weapons get better bonuses and more of them the rarer they get.

Well some are actually tied to Class/Origin. I've seen: Synergy Survivalist, Outlaw and Veteran so far. My fav are the improved fire rate on full reload, Veteran Synergies when the weapon it's synergizing is a single shot rocket launcher like the VBI ARI Bonfire. LAWL.

Napalm Sunrise
04-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Buying lockboxes that will unlock items for a level nothing character... I would say it's that persons own fault if they get nothing good.

Well I didn't say it was a healthy obsession or that I enjoyed being a moron. LOL. but yes you are so correct. What was insult to injury though was that certain TYPES of guns are locked until Higher Ego Level. Meteor Boltshots, Swarm Rockets and Sporeshot Rifles for example. Oh it hurt when I figured that out later on. LOLLLLLL

Wow...

Yeah didn't really figure this out til later of course myself. Again, kicking myself after the fact but you live, you learn.

DAWG
04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Well some are actually tied to Class/Origin. I've seen: Synergy Survivalist, Outlaw and Veteran so far. My fav are the improved fire rate on full reload, Veteran Synergies when the weapon it's synergizing is a single shot rocket launcher like the VBI ARI Bonfire. LAWL.

It has nothing to do with origins, as previously mentioned it is just a poor choice of mod description. The mod group is called Veteran, Outlaw etc. No matter what actual origin you are, you can put any mod group you like on a weapon, assuming you have them to add =D

Asheki
04-16-2013, 11:07 AM

Again, its because Trion more or less chose the names of the synergy poorly. I don't think you can duplicate yourself into two survivalists to meet the unlock requirements of the synergy.

Cruxdaca
04-16-2013, 11:12 AM
yea I agree with the S.T.F.U. comment a few places above me. I earned so many keys sooo fekin fast that I hit the cap multi times daily. the keys are supposed to be harder to get not a constant flow. If the OP wants to see, how you can use similar lockboxes used as P2W he can go look at any korean mmo. so OP S.T.F.U. and deal with them making the game a liiiiitttle bit harder to be farm fagged out. Its a solid move. hell it was getting annoying having to fast travel and get a lockbox to get rid of some keys every hour or 2, especially with a full inventory.

and FUQ all of you trying to cry about a game trying to make some money... thats how they are paid and keep the content flowing and servers up dumbfuqs.

FYI P2W is offering items in game for cash that you dont have access to using in game resources that affect gameplay, and Defiance has the easiest access to its purchasable weapons caches i have seen in any game.

Napalm Sunrise
04-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Again, its because Trion more or less chose the names of the synergy poorly. I don't think you can duplicate yourself into two survivalists to meet the unlock requirements of the synergy.

Really, wow yeah that is pretty damn confusing. Alright thanks to you and DAWG for clearing it up for me. I actually steered clear of a lot of guns because I didnt' think they'd Sync with my character's origin setup. Cool.

Asheki
04-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Really, wow yeah that is pretty damn confusing. Alright thanks to you and DAWG for clearing it up for me. I actually steered clear of a lot of guns because I didnt' think they'd Sync with my character's origin setup. Cool.

You should be able to find random synergy mods for weapons through one of the lockboxes' options.. I think it costs from 10-18 keys and some money and gives you a few mods for synergies.

kirbs562
04-16-2013, 11:23 AM
I wish it was pay to win.. I would have bought all kinds of guns and gear by now haha.

Jitterbug
04-16-2013, 04:12 PM
I wish it was pay to win.. I would have bought all kinds of guns and gear by now haha.

Oh without a doubt :P

They could have had, like, all my money.