PDA

View Full Version : PS3- The Covenant Knights

MAXQSMART
03-14-2013, 06:44 PM
The Covenant Knights

www.waitingforotherplayers.com

The Covenant is a place for adult gamers who play PS3 to come together for mature, respectful online, gaming. We offer a site where adult gamers can come together and network, discuss common issues and just simply enjoy the company of other like-minded individuals.

We are a casual gaming group. We believe that enjoying a game is more important than stats or kill/death ratios. Our main priority is having fun. We are a close group of folks that offer a fresh new look to gaming forums along with Clan/Guild T-Shirts and monthly prize Give-A-Ways. Come check us out.

We also have our own BF3 Server, Team Speak, Youtube channel, Facebook, Twitter and in-game capture.

Youll love it at our house.

Xannidel
03-14-2013, 07:37 PM
All of us at Corruption wish you good luck as you recruit and we look forward to seeing you guys in Defiance =]

MAXQSMART
03-14-2013, 08:16 PM
All of us at Corruption wish you good luck as you recruit and we look forward to seeing you guys in Defiance =]

Thank you Xannidel, we have a great bunch of folks within our forum that are anxiously waiting for this, and we hope to find more great players, we are selective though, we are looking for mature, respectful and team oriented folks.

Xannidel
03-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Well you have a great group so they are still out there =]

Are you guys going to be PVP or PVE focused or does it not matter with you and you just want to enjoy the darn game :P

MAXQSMART
03-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Well you have a great group so they are still out there =]

Are you guys going to be PVP or PVE focused or does it not matter with you and you just want to enjoy the darn game :P

Well there's so much speculation and anticipation so we are still unsure how we want to go, PVP or PVE. I guess we will make that decision once we get in. We really just want to enjoy the game, most of us are in our 30's and 40's, me being the oldest at 53 years old, so we just want fun without the childish crap that most MMO's bring in. But we have outstanding leadership so I think we should have a handle on it. We also have allot of folks with DCUO experience so that should help us in handling the drama that may occur. LOL

RadBrad31
03-14-2013, 08:54 PM
I don't want to step on anyone's toes in our guild and lump us into a select group, but for the most part I think a lot of our players are very PvE driven. Mass Effect 3 was a big favorite among our members for their co-op multiplayer, along with Borderlands 1 and 2. Most of all, we'll do what's fun. We have played some BF3 competitively and PvP can be fun, it just seems like we have the most laid back, good time fun while doing some PvE with the friends that we have.

Thanks for the warm welcome Xannidel! Is Corruption PvE or PvP based or a bit of both? Looking forward to seeing ya in game, wouldn't hurt to have more people to run with! The way Defiance is looking so far, the more the merrier!

EDIT: Just saw max's post. Thought I should note that while he is old enough to be my dad, he's not.

OR IS HE? dun dun dunnnn.

Tyrannikos
03-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi-

I'd be interested in joining The Covenant Knights. I imagine I need to register on your site, but I first wanted to see if you'll take someone as young as 22. I prefer playing on teams with people much older than me. There's a different air of maturity I enjoy. Played on a Chromehounds team. Our leader was 67 when we first formed and it was a blast.

Anyways, let me know if I should go ahead and register on the site and we can go from there.

RadBrad31
03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
We'd love to have ya sign up Tyrannikos! Don't let the dusty old man fool ya, the age range is quite wide with us. I'm 27 myself, and we have others also around your age. I believe our minimum age is 21 (maybe 18? I forget, getting old!). So please, sign up at your convenience and maybe we can see ya in the beta next week?! Thanks for showing interest!

EDIT: I thought Beez was older than you Max? Did asking that just get me negative points with Beez?.. Oh well lol.

Tyrannikos
03-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Sounds good. I'll head on over and register.

Thanks

MAXQSMART
03-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Sounds good. I'll head on over and register.

Thanks

Thanks, we are glad you joined us and thanks to all the others that have already joined us. You have come to the right place, I promise.

Xannidel
03-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome Xannidel! Is Corruption PvE or PvP based or a bit of both? Looking forward to seeing ya in game, wouldn't hurt to have more people to run with! The way Defiance is looking so far, the more the merrier!

We are going to have both PVE and PVP groups, some will be more PVP focused and others will be PVE focused. For example, I will be running raids and whatever I can with as many members as I can because my PVP in FPS/3rd person games on consoles are not really that great (neither are they on the PC :P) but we are always up for clan pairings =]

aka
03-15-2013, 04:47 PM
This group has truly changed my out look on on-line gaming. I have played with most of them for over a year and I must say everyone is great. The website is fun, informative, and every one pitches in to help each other. It truly is something special. Thanks again guys/gals

MAXQSMART
03-16-2013, 06:09 AM
This group has truly changed my out look on on-line gaming. I have played with most of them for over a year and I must say everyone is great. The website is fun, informative, and every one pitches in to help each other. It truly is something special. Thanks again guys/gals

Thanks AKA, we are trying very diligently to make our group of fine gamer a little different than most. Foremost, we are committed to putting our members first and we will continue to do this. We are very transparent with everything that we do within our group and constantly take our members thoughts and concerns serious and implement their ideas.

We have great folks and we have great fun together.

www.waitingforotherplayer.com

Tyrannikos
03-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Just wanted to add my input as a very new member for anybody thinking about joining - this group is very helpful and welcoming. Max hasn't hesitated to help me out with anything I need.

It's a great group to join.

Ark Cansada
03-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Hmm. I think I'd be amenable to joining this clan, if you'll have me. I'm a teacher, and no offense to any younglings here, but...when I come home to relax, I want to spend my time around adults. I don't have a lot of experience in MMO's other than RuneScape and Runes of Magic, tho.

RadBrad31
03-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Hey Ark! You should absolutely give us a look then. We're all working adults that come together online to socialize and game at the same time. I think you'll find our goals, when it comes to gaming, very similar to yours. I'll be honest, there are times that I'm just exhausted and don't even feel like gaming, but I'll hop onto Teamspeak or Skype just to unwind and chat with the other guys in our group. This really is much more of a family than a competition-based group. I also used to play MMOs online (main tanked 5+ years in WoW, stressful to say the least) and now that I've joined this group, I just truly enjoy the gaming we do. No stress whatsoever.

Feel free to check out our forums a bit and see what kind of people we are. If you like what you see, please, don't hesitate to apply!

Ark Cansada
03-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Hey Ark! You should absolutely give us a look then. We're all working adults that come together online to socialize and game at the same time. I think you'll find our goals, when it comes to gaming, very similar to yours. I'll be honest, there are times that I'm just exhausted and don't even feel like gaming, but I'll hop onto Teamspeak or Skype just to unwind and chat with the other guys in our group. This really is much more of a family than a competition-based group. I also used to play MMOs online (main tanked 5+ years in WoW, stressful to say the least) and now that I've joined this group, I just truly enjoy the gaming we do. No stress whatsoever.

Feel free to check out our forums a bit and see what kind of people we are. If you like what you see, please, don't hesitate to apply!

Thanks, Brad. I didn't see the application form in the website, I'll check again in a few after I've eaten.

RadBrad31
03-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Here's a link (http://www.waitingforotherplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?4-The-Covenant) to the patch of forums that every new member will want to see, our Code of Conduct and an Introduction forum. Give the Code a quick read (we kept it short and to the point) and then just make up a little intro to tell us a little about yourself and what you enjoy in life and in gaming. Just be sure to register with your PSN so it's easier for everyone to know who you are and how to add ya!

Ark Cansada
03-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Read the code, signed up, posted an intro! I'm actually excited!

This is me being ecstatic.

o.O

Artist's depiction.

MULE TRAIN
03-16-2013, 08:04 PM
I am looking for a defiance guild to grow with. I am 36, and I work all week. I am living in the Central Time Zone, and could play in the evenings. I have little MOM experience, but I am an avid console gamer. I am willing to play any role on a team. I am looking for a group that has a large contingent on defiance. How many members do you have who are definitely playing the game? BTW, I see where to register for your site, but is there a separate application for membership?

Ark Cansada
03-16-2013, 08:16 PM
BTW, I see where to register for your site, but is there a separate application for membership?

Just the site registration, I think. I got an email back almost immediately that allowed me to access all features. :D

MULE TRAIN
03-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Do you know how many defiance players they have?

RadBrad31
03-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Hey Mule Train, thanks for showing some interest in our group! First and foremost, you fit a common ground with us in your times of playing. We're most EST/CST with a few in Pacific and even a couple across the pond! Sadly, we do not have a large contingent yet, BUT I can happily say that we have top quality people. We are mature, fun, easy-going people. We have people playing games every night, and I believe of the posted Pre-Order thread, we currently have 14-15 lined up that have posted. Not to say others that have the game pre-ordered haven't posted yet! We are still a smaller, but very tight knit group. We see it as an advantage but we can understand where you may desire a larger base. We have no intention of stopping at 30, or 40, or 80 members. Whoever joins us and fits our mold of mature, fun gaming will only make us a better community!

To join, you simply have to read our Code of Conduct and fill out a small introduction to tell us about yourself and what you play. Anything else, feel free to ask here or on our forums! Hope to see you in Defiance soon, whether it be with us or others!

EDIT: Here is a link to our post listing who in our group has pre-ordered, so you can count and see for yourself. I do not think he's updated the main post in a couple days, so it's at 14 minimum right now. Post Here (http://www.waitingforotherplayers.com/showthread.php?1259-Defiance-Pre-order)

MULE TRAIN
03-16-2013, 09:17 PM
I have pre-order the collectors edition. I am looking for a community that offers good friends and that will help me learn the whole MOM scene. I am also looking for a team that will make its mark and a defined role until I get my feet wet. I am willing to play any role needed.

MAXQSMART
03-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Do you know how many defiance players they have?

Hey Mule Train, at present we are up to about 22 Defiance Players.

MAXQSMART
03-16-2013, 09:54 PM
I have pre-order the collectors edition. I am looking for a community that offers good friends and that will help me learn the whole MOM scene. I am also looking for a team that will make its mark and a defined role until I get my feet wet. I am willing to play any role needed.

Hey MULE TRAIN, I also have The Collectors Edition pre-ordered, come on over and check us out, I think you will like what you see.

MULE TRAIN
03-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Do you know the difference in the collectors edition and the ultimate edition?

Tyrannikos
03-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Do you know the difference in the collectors edition and the ultimate edition?

This page should give you the info you're looking for - http://www.defiance.com/en/pre-order/playstation-3/

MAXQSMART
03-17-2013, 09:10 AM
I want to thank all the good folks that have come over to join our Guild and forums, I've found that everyone is happy and glad they came so far. Thanks to you all and we will see you all on the field.

SirOmega
03-17-2013, 11:03 AM
SirOmega here, pre-ordered on Amazon, signed up at the website and "Rerrin'-to-go!!"

MULE TRAIN
03-17-2013, 11:45 AM
I just registered at the website and posted to the Defiance pre-order forum. I look forward to playing with you all and making some great friends along the way if you will accept me.

MAXQSMART
03-18-2013, 05:04 PM
The Covenant Knights

The Covenant is a place for adult gamers who play PS3 to come together for mature, respectful online, gaming. We offer a site where adult gamers can come together and network, discuss common issues and just simply enjoy the company of other like-minded individuals.

We are a casual gaming group. We believe that enjoying a game is more important than stats or kill/death ratios. Our main priority is having fun. We are a close group of folks that offer a fresh new look to gaming forums along with Clan/Guild T-Shirts and monthly prize Give-A-Ways. Come check us out.

We also have our own BF-3 Server, Team Speak, YouTube channel, Facebook, Twitter and in-game capture.

MAXQSMART
03-19-2013, 06:09 AM
The Covenant Knights

Come join us, we have an outstanding group in place, want to run with great mature folks, want to have fun and not be called a #!&*^%# idiot by young kids? Come join in the fun, you will love it here.

We also have our own BF-3 Server, Team Speak, YouTube channel, Facebook, Twitter and in-game capture.

cerebralslayer
03-19-2013, 06:49 AM
Wooohooo, can't wait for tonight! Hopefully we can get a large group together for some mayhem!

MAXQSMART
03-19-2013, 07:07 AM
Wooohooo, can't wait for tonight! Hopefully we can get a large group together for some mayhem!

At present, we have 24 Covenant Members ready to play !

AWESOMENESS

MAXQSMART
03-19-2013, 07:32 AM
The Covenant Knights

Come join us, we have an outstanding group in place, want to run with great mature folks, want to have fun and not be called a #!&*^%# idiot by young kids? Come join in the fun, you will love it here.

DeFlood
03-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Just got the pre-order for the PS3 Ultimate edition... I'm looking for a fun and mature clan to roll with during PvP and PvE in Defiance.

- a little about myself... I'm in my 30's, a U.S. east coaster, got a mic, I have an easy going and friendly personality, some experience in gaming clans, I've played my fair share of 1st person and 3rd person shooters and have a limited play experience with World of Warcraft (didn't last long due to the pay-to-play feature). I enjoy gaming a lot, so I'm online almost everyday.

- My play style: I'm good at close to mid range combat.

I have no problems taking a support role as a healer or something similar for the benefit for the group.

kbrownridge
03-20-2013, 03:02 PM
If I do not have a mic and do not intend to get one, will that be a limitation in game play or in being accepted into the guild?

Maixx
03-21-2013, 05:46 AM
Very interested in this guild, not just for Defiance but the other games that are out there.
I quit playing ME3 and BL2 online because of all the kids out there (39 here).
I am limited in my Mic use because I often play when the family is in bed and need to keep quiet.

Myself-
39, Pacific time zone, I play mostly late evening into early morning.

Really enjoying beta3 and expect to be spending majority of my time with it.

MAXQSMART
03-21-2013, 05:52 AM
Just got the pre-order for the PS3 Ultimate edition... I'm looking for a fun and mature clan to roll with during PvP and PvE in Defiance.

- a little about myself... I'm in my 30's, a U.S. east coaster, got a mic, I have an easy going and friendly personality, some experience in gaming clans, I've played my fair share of 1st person and 3rd person shooters and have a limited play experience with World of Warcraft (didn't last long due to the pay-to-play feature). I enjoy gaming a lot, so I'm online almost everyday.

- My play style: I'm good at close to mid range combat.

I have no problems taking a support role as a healer or something similar for the benefit for the group.

If I do not have a mic and do not intend to get one, will that be a limitation in game play or in being accepted into the guild?

Very interested in this guild, not just for Defiance but the other games that are out there.
I quit playing ME3 and BL2 online because of all the kids out there (39 here).
I am limited in my Mic use because I often play when the family is in bed and need to keep quiet.

Myself-
39, Pacific time zone, I play mostly late evening into early morning.

Really enjoying beta3 and expect to be spending majority of my time with it.

Folks, we do require a mic, or even a Bluetooth device ($15) for online play since we all believe that Teamwork is key and without communication Teamwork is hindered, but if you don't plan on running MP games then come on over.

With that said, we do have a donation program for members that prove themselves as great members.

@MAIX, we ensure, fun, mature respectful game play at all times, we don't mess around with this in our Group nor do we tolerate disrespect in any way.We are a very close group here and everyone watches out for one another.

I have also quit playing ME3 and BL's but we do have a large Guild set for Defiance(almost 30 people) and organized groups for tones of other games that are out there if you desire organized gameplay, If not feel free to run Lone wolf/Solo. We don't make allot of rules,just have fun.

We have our own Team Speak Server that we have been using during the Defiance Beta and it has worked out grand !

We also have our own BF3 Server.

We dont ask for donations as we are self supportive through Clan T-Shirt sales.

We have also just added a PC section/Clan to our forum that we are trying to get off the ground.

Come check us out, it doesn't hurt to look.

SummerWolf
03-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Alright.

Ive been with this community way before Defiance and I love those people. We are a group of adults, from all ages, with mics, that love to game and have fun. This is what it is about, gaming for fun. We dont like drama and the leadership has been good dealing with issues, while being very fair.

As for Defiance itself, we have a few Alpha players and some of us are quite knowledgeable about this game and we dont mind helping out with the learning curve and anything related to it.

We are more into PvE than PvP, so you might want to take note of that.

I dont know the exact numbers for Defiance, but before we even posted in those forums for recruitement, we were quite a few talking about getting it, ranging from regular edition to ultimate.

Since the beginning of the recruitement, we have been getting more and more, and helping everyone adjust to the game. Unfortunately, with comms down, it has proven difficult. We have a text chat window within the forum, we use skype and the leadership has setup TeamSpeak for now with a Defiance channel.

I myself, im no leader in this community / forum but im definitely vouching for it.

Summer out.

Archvile78
03-21-2013, 10:11 PM
I'd like to join this group if possible. Tried my hand at the beta and so far i'm digging it, tried two round of Arkfall and i think i'd have a blast trying it out with people of the same guild, instead of randoms.

EDIT: I'll be joining the guild's website but first i'll wait to see responses on here.

YardieGamer
03-22-2013, 04:48 AM
Hey I Just Apply

SummerWolf
03-22-2013, 08:06 AM
Hey I Just Apply

Good good! Did you post on the forums yet?

I'd like to join this group if possible. Tried my hand at the beta and so far i'm digging it, tried two round of Arkfall and i think i'd have a blast trying it out with people of the same guild, instead of randoms.

EDIT: I'll be joining the guild's website but first i'll wait to see responses on here.

Response to which question?

kbrownridge
03-22-2013, 08:23 AM
Okay not to sound like a n00b or anything, but I am unfamiliar with TeamSpeak and BF3.
MMOs and Online Shooters are not my usual game, I'm more of an RPG, solo gamer, and PvE is my focus.
Thus the lack of a mic or how to use one in relation to online gaming.

Could someone please enlighten me?

SummerWolf
03-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Okay not to sound like a n00b or anything, but I am unfamiliar with TeamSpeak and BF3.
MMOs and Online Shooters are not my usual game, I'm more of an RPG, solo gamer, and PvE is my focus.

We do require a mic for PS3 for communications. You can buy a regular blutooth for 15$.

As for TeamSpeak, it is a PC program for communication. We dont require people to install it, it is simply a tool we are using to communicate with each others when games are having voice issues.

Desidus
03-22-2013, 08:33 AM

Sorry I know Im not in this guild but saw your post and thought I could help out. (nice to see a fellow albertan btw) Right now in the beta the mics aren't working properly anyways so that isn't a huge deal right now, but in the future you will want one. Combat is very active and it is difficult (at best) to keep up with anyone in chat when you are actually gaming. A usb keyboard will really help, but when the release comes out you will want to have a mic. TeamSpeak is through the PC and they will be using this to help them chat while the games voice is broken. (something I think our clan will look into soon so thanks for reminding me Covanants) Its free to download and you will need this clan or whatever clan you end up with to guide you through the process to join them. Hope this helps

Archvile78
03-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Response to which question?

Response to see if its fine to let me join. Sorry should've been more specific.

Death5112
03-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Hey I guess I'm a representative from D.G.R a small clan atm but was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind having like a war with us. More so for friendly competition like see which of our clans gets a higher rating on arkfalls and such.

kbrownridge
03-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the education.
TeamSpeak is no good for me, as I am a staunch Apple cultist.
Let's hope the in-game voice chat will be up to snuff going live.

My oldest son is a rabid gamer, I'll see what he's using for headphones/mic.
Although, I know my wife will be making fun of me after this...

kbrownridge
03-22-2013, 09:57 AM
I've signed up at the "guild" site.
That's it?
Wait for live game and creation of the in-game clan?

SummerWolf
03-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Hey I guess I'm a representative from D.G.R a small clan atm but was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind having like a war with us. More so for friendly competition like see which of our clans gets a higher rating on arkfalls and such.

Im not part of the leadership but I think we are geared more towards PvE. MaxQsmart will probably come around and beat me up if Im wrong (love you Max).

I've signed up at the "guild" site.
That's it?
Wait for live game and creation of the in-game clan?

Pretty much! Introduce yourself and let us know what else you play! And chat it up! Its more of a community for PS3 than Defiance orientated even if our presence in Defiance is growing! so have fun in there!

nice to see a fellow albertan btw

Hehehe I lived in Banff for 5 years in my younger days. Live in Winnipeg now :p

MAXQSMART
03-23-2013, 06:25 AM
Im not part of the leadership but I think we are geared more towards PvE. MaxQsmart will probably come around and beat me up if Im wrong (love you Max).

Pretty much! Introduce yourself and let us know what else you play! And chat it up! Its more of a community for PS3 than Defiance orientated even if our presence in Defiance is growing! so have fun in there!

Hehehe I lived in Banff for 5 years in my younger days. Live in Winnipeg now :p

Summer is correct, we are defiantly focused on PVE. Come over, register, log in, and introduce yourself. Trust me, you will like our folks. We are great people to play with, we have several very knowledgeable players on Defiance that know the game from playing The Alpha and now The Beta, folks that love to help, teach and mentor. We are currently looking for Team Leaders to help aid in a successful launch of Defiance on April 2nd. I case chat is still inop at launch of the title, we have purchased a Team Speak Server for all to use which is working grand ! We are a Teamwork orientated group. And we kick undesirable members quickly, we wont tolerate them ! We will make you feel right at home from the beginning. We have so much to offer in our League, Defiance and much much more...you wont be disappointed. Come check us out.

And thanks Summerwolf.

MAXQSMART
03-28-2013, 08:00 AM
Welcome, welcome ! We have about 25 members currently in our clan and are still looking for good, respectful and team oriented players, come check us out.

The Covenant Knights

We also have our own BF3 Server, Team Speak, Youtube channel, Facebook, Twitter and in-game capture.

MAXQSMART
03-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks to the 25 members that have joined just from this forum alone, we have many more coming everyday from various locations...join in the fun !

Welcome, welcome ! We have about 25 members currently in our clan and are still looking for good, respectful and team oriented players, come check us out.

The Covenant Knights

Desidus
03-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Lol Max. You might want to adjust the first statement to match the second my friend. GLad to hear your guild is growing strong. see ya in game.

MAXQSMART
03-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Lol Max. You might want to adjust the first statement to match the second my friend. GLad to hear your guild is growing strong. see ya in game.
Ha Ha ha, thanks for the heads up, damn I should have gone to typing class in school instead of Atlantic City.

EndlessGrudge
03-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Hello. I applied to your guild and wrote a "potential" new member thread in the forums. I recently pre-ordered the Ult. Edition of Defiance, but was holding out until I would find a "mature" fun group of people to roll with. I've run into a lot of your members playing Battlefield 3 in the past... so when I saw that you had a presence here I had to apply! I hope I make the cut : ) .

I'm 37 and have a mic.

~EndlessGrudge

MAXQSMART
04-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Hello. I applied to your guild and wrote a "potential" new member thread in the forums. I recently pre-ordered the Ult. Edition of Defiance, but was holding out until I would find a "mature" fun group of people to roll with. I've run into a lot of your members playing Battlefield 3 in the past... so when I saw that you had a presence here I had to apply! I hope I make the cut : ) .

I'm 37 and have a mic.

~EndlessGrudge

We got ya and thanks my friend. Youve joined and have already proved to be an asset to our fine group of gamers...welcome. See ya tomorrow.

Anyone else looking for "that group", come check us out. We just gave away a $25 Game Stop Gift Card as a random monthly giv a way, you could be next.

Youll love us, Its where we all come to game and socialize.

The Covenant Knights

YardieGamer
04-05-2013, 02:59 PM
The Covenant Knights

www.waitingforotherplayers.com (http:// www.waitingforotherplayers.com)

MAXQSMART
04-06-2013, 05:50 AM
Hey folks, we at The Covenant want to thank Trion for Defiance and this very forum, we have recruited 30 of the greatest members to our Defiance Guild and gaming forum from this forum alone.

We have a grand Guild set with terrific members, we have daily and weekly events running now.

Thank You Sledge, Desidus and all of you other folks that have helped us here and thank you to all that has joined us, you are our asset.

http://www.waitingforotherplayers.com