PDA

View Full Version : Joind ps3, 360, and pc servers

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 10:47 AM
I mean seriously. Think about it. Like what if pc,ps3, and 360 were on the same server. But that will never happen even though it could. I mean think about it. Xbox vs ps3 vs pc? Come on now that would be cool. Plus imo I thi.k problems would be solved faster dont ya think correct me if im wrong or not. Ive played mmos and I have some what of experenced dealing with all the bug. But I dont really care to notices. I just play a game to play it but it would have been much funner to see ps3 users finally see ehos better agenst the 360 and pc ilusers. Vise versa

Victim Eyes
04-16-2013, 10:48 AM
having them seperate is too hard already

Froggyman
04-16-2013, 10:50 AM
This was actually the original intent for the game, to be completely cross platform between all three systems. This idea was cut short by BOTH Sony AND Microsoft however. Specifically, Microsoft lobbied that competing with PC players in a shooter game would give them a permanent unfair advantage over console players. I am CERTAIN there are more details than just that, but that was what was reported.

Yes, I think this would have worked much better as one entity instead of three separate beasts. But this is what they had to do, and instead of cancelling their console titles, they decided to go ahead and try it this way, and I give them credit for that.

AceMcSneyd
04-16-2013, 10:52 AM
I mean seriously. Think about it. Like what if pc,ps3, and 360 were on the same server. But that will never happen even though it could. I mean think about it. Xbox vs ps3 vs pc? Come on now that would be cool. Plus imo I thi.k problems would be solved faster dont ya think correct me if im wrong or not. Ive played mmos and I have some what of experenced dealing with all the bug. But I dont really care to notices. I just play a game to play it but it would have been much funner to see ps3 users finally see ehos better agenst the 360 and pc ilusers. Vise versa

Thank god it isn't cross platform, XBOX Live and PSN are terrible and would only make us PC Gamers suffer even more than we already have to because of consoles. Please refrain from encouraging such things in the future, best wishes, common sense.

Another
04-16-2013, 10:53 AM
I don't want PC Hackers interrupting my experience on my xbox 360 version of Defiance.

Thank god it isn't cross platform, XBOX Live and PSN are terrible and would only make us PC Gamers suffer even more than we already have to because of consoles. Please refrain from encouraging such things in the future, best wishes, common sense.

Oh the humanity! Game developers should cater to the small population of PC elitists who paid $1000+ for a gaming rig. Call the police! There's a crime committed here!

I built a ridiculous rig for $1000 and all games including my PC version of Defiance look beautiful and run excellently. So, quit whining and nut up, IDGAF that devs don't cater to me because I realize that we are significantly smaller than console pops.

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 10:54 AM
This was actually the original intent for the game, to be completely cross platform between all three systems. This idea was cut short by BOTH Sony AND Microsoft however. Specifically, Microsoft lobbied that competing with PC players in a shooter game would give them a permanent unfair advantage over console players. I am CERTAIN there are more details than just that, but that was what was reported.

Yes, I think this would have worked much better as one entity instead of three separate beasts. But this is what they had to do, and instead of cancelling their console titles, they decided to go ahead and try it this way, and I give them credit for that.

dam dude that would have been so awesome to see people from different people play. But from the start I thought they were gonna do what dust514 did

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 10:55 AM
I don't want PC Hackers interrupting my experience on my xbox 360 version of Defiance.

You do know consols players can hack to right? O_o

Doomtrooper
04-16-2013, 10:56 AM
I mean like, seriously....think about it...like, seriously... /twirls hair

No. I don't want to play a game with a bunch of whiney xbox and ps brats screaming in their heaphones.

Kronic
04-16-2013, 10:57 AM
I mean seriously. Think about it. Like what if pc,ps3, and 360 were on the same server. But that will never happen even though it could. I mean think about it. Xbox vs ps3 vs pc? Come on now that would be cool. Plus imo I thi.k problems would be solved faster dont ya think correct me if im wrong or not. Ive played mmos and I have some what of experenced dealing with all the bug. But I dont really care to notices. I just play a game to play it but it would have been much funner to see ps3 users finally see ehos better agenst the 360 and pc ilusers. Vise versa That's what Trion wanted originally but PC gamers will always have an advantage over console gamers with the hot keys and mouse.

Dante_Ravenkin
04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
I think we may end up seeing PC and PS3 players have their servers amalgamated some day. Because Microsoft wants to keep Xbox Live a closed platform, they'd stay the same.

Shawnchapp
04-16-2013, 10:59 AM

SHHH don't burst the fanboys bubble.

Froggyman
04-16-2013, 11:00 AM

No. I don't want to play a game with a bunch of whiney xbox and ps brats screaming in their heaphones.

That's such an outdated stigma. You DO understand children also own computers, and do the exact same things where voice is permitted, yes? Consoles get such a bad rap for all of that, but it's just as prevalent on the PC, and it's always amplified tenfold when the game has no subscription fee.

This Elitism between the consoles and the PC crowd is stupid, and has always been stupid. We are ALL gamers, sharing the same space for a giant MMO would have been ideal, even if you can't get past your blind hatred for one another's platform.

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:00 AM

XD that is why their is a mute button for the chat sections :p and plz dont use one of those cod rage vids as an example :3

Jestunhi
04-16-2013, 11:01 AM

On the bright side, plenty of easy prey for the PC gamers - fighting people stuck using joysticks to aim.

Hardly surprising the console makers don't want their players getting killed by players who have a hardware advantage.

wilks
You cant have pc with consoles, they will just run around headshotting everything and everyone with there mouse. While we fumble about with our controller analogue sticks. Ps3 and xbox could though.

Woodstar 22

you do know just because you play PC doesn't mean you're better than everyone else like you seem to believe.

alpharougewarx

Oh my ok XD

Flavvor

MS wants you to buy the 60 a year sub to ther network for the game.

Another
04-16-2013, 11:02 AM

JTAGs and RGHs can't touch MMOs. I own an RGH, JTAG, and a flashed xbox, I think I'd know. Nice failed retort though!

Yeah, I'm a fanboy. That's why my rig is most likely superior to yours in every component and why I own a 360 and a PS3

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:03 AM
You cant have pc with consoles, they will just run around headshotting everything and everyone with there mouse. While we fumble about with our controller analogue sticks. Ps3 and xbox could though.

Then why not do what dust did. Why not give the consol players the ability to use a keybord and mouse humm?

Bahltar
04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Shooters play way better on PC; we aim faster; more accurate and with mouse and keyboard we got way more options for inputs as console players (who needs to use autoaim?).

AceMcSneyd
04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
you do know just because you play PC doesn't mean you're better than everyone else like you seem to believe.

Oh it doesn't? Blast my inferior mindset! My apologies for hurting your feelings with my words....

That was sarcasm, no I am not being elitest, PC's have been held back since the release of XBOX 360 and PS3, game developers now primarily create games for use on consoles and PC's get "ports". That is what I am pointing out, then again PC gamers would know that, whereas console fanboys would not.

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:05 AM

You must be some sort of a troll cause if im not correct theirs already games that do that or one game -_- come on man its common knowledge

Prince
04-16-2013, 11:06 AM

Broke-*** PC elitist alert!

Is this your rig:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883155554

Lol grow up nerd.

Woodstar 22
04-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Oh it doesn't? Blast my inferior mindset! My apologies for hurting your feelings with my words....

That was sarcasm, no I am not being elitest, PC's have been held back since the release of XBOX 360 and PS3, game developers now primarily create games for use on consoles and PC's get "ports". That is what I am pointing out, then again PC gamers would know that, whereas console fanboys would not.

Nawwh, it didn't hurt my feelings at all, it just made you look like an ignorant fool. :)

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:08 AM
I think we may end up seeing PC and PS3 players have their servers amalgamated some day. Because Microsoft wants to keep Xbox Live a closed platform, they'd stay the same.

i agree with you 1000%

Prince
04-16-2013, 11:10 AM
JTAGs and RGHs can't touch MMOs. I own an RGH, JTAG, and a flashed xbox, I think I'd know. Nice failed retort though!

Yeah, I'm a fanboy. That's why my rig is most likely superior to yours in every component and why I own a 360 and a PS3

Haha *High-Fives

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:12 AM
who said i was doing that :3 maybe i just wanted to respond :) but on a side note why are you modding your systems. i know you can do it for pc's but isent it like illegal for you to do it on consoles?

Another
04-16-2013, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=Another;350553]JTAGs and RGHs can't touch MMOs. I own an RGH, JTAG, and a flashed xbox, I think I'd know. Nice failed retort though!

who said i was doing that :3 maybe i just wanted to respond :) but on a side note why are you modding your systems. i know you can do it for ps3 but isent it like illegal for you to do it on consoles?

The DMCA says a lot of things, nothing is truly "illegal" in terms of H/W modification in the eyes of the law however.

Haha *High-Fives

What I don't understand is why some PC gamers feel like they're entitled to something for being a PC gamer. I myself assembled a $1000 rig, as did some of my work friends. We don't go on to random forums and complain about consoles suck and this and that.

Also just FYI to any entitled whiners reading this: KB+Mouse are only superior for RTS/FPS games, not TPS-games. Learn it, get it, got it.

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:15 AM
No reply to my prior post? Figures

What I don't understand is why some PC gamers feel like they're entitled to something for being a PC gamer. I myself assembled a $1000 rig, as did some of my work friends. We don't go on to random forums and complain about consoles suck and this and that.

Also just FYI to any entitled whiners reading this: KB+Mouse are only superior for RTS/FPS games, not TPS-games. Learn it, get it, got it.

now why would i go on an rant about something silly my dear friend? ranting is for the weak :D

Saraya
04-16-2013, 11:16 AM

Oh the humanity! Game developers should cater to the small population of PC elitists who paid $1000+ for a gaming rig. Call the police! There's a crime committed here!

You do realize that the PC industry is always at the cutting edge and drives the advancement of the hardware that goes into the consoles?
If computer games were to disappear, so would consoles - besides traditional consoles are on their way out thanks to mobile devices such as Ipads.

Doomtrooper
04-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Playing on a PC is so much better than on a console. If you're too stupid to figure that out, then that's why you're playing on a console.

But since money makes the world go 'round they will always cater to the middle of the bell curve...AKA people of average intelligence...AKA console fanatics.

Thanks for bringing down the quality of my games, mouthbreathers.

Prince
04-16-2013, 11:18 AM
You do realize that the PC industry is always at the cutting edge and drives the advancement of the hardware that goes into the consoles?
If computer games were to disappear, so would consoles - besides traditional consoles are on their way out thanks to mobile devices such as Ipads.

Mobile games are light-years behind PC & Console Gaming. The average audience for an "Ipad Game" is the 7-13 denomination and 65+ denomination respectively. All those "studies" take in a flawed control group to be honest.

Playing on a PC is so much better than on a console. If you're too stupid to figure that out, then that's why you're playing on a console.

But since money makes the world go 'round they will always cater to the middle of the bell curve...AKA people of average intelligence...AKA console fanatics.

Hmm, can't tell if serious or troll.

Is this your rig?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883155554

el oH el

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:21 AM

but who cares is it plays better all that matters is having fun :D come on man try to keep this a friendly convo :D an not call ppl stupid its all about that fun

Kataclysm
04-16-2013, 11:21 AM
PC players just have too much of an advantage over console players unless they added something like, Keyboard + Mouse's to consoles it would never work also. Consoles have an FPS cap an never run at 60+ FPS making PC players also having a speed advantage over console players.

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:22 AM
PC players just have too much of an advantage over console players unless they added something like, Keyboard + Mouse's to consoles it would never work also. Consoles have an FPS cap an never run at 60+ FPS making PC players also having a speed advantage over console players.

uhh yes it does. look at dust it looks to be workin fine to me :)

Prince
04-16-2013, 11:22 AM
It's funny when PC Gamers with cheap AMD rigs come onto random game forums and act entitled.

Zeal
04-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Its laggy and fps greasy as hell on console, can't see how competing against someone with a semi decent pc would be cool, such a disadvantage.

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:25 AM
It's funny when PC Gamers with cheap AMD rigs come onto random game forums and act entitled.

hay but fan-boys will be fan-boys. . this is why im a multiplatformer :D its more fun that way. plus you get to experience all the consoles and even the pc games and who cares if it is. its all about getting together and plying :D and havin a good time

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Its laggy and fps greasy as hell on console, can't see how competing against someone with a semi decent pc would be cool, such a disadvantage.

ok is fps= first person shooter? cause now im confused. people keep calin defiance a fps?

Doomtrooper
04-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Hmm, can't tell if serious or troll.

Don't worry, Introduction to Deductive Reasoning and Reading Comprehension for Xbox with Kinect will be out soon. You'll probably be able to rock it with your sweet little joysticks and some voice commands.

Lol, my video card alone costs almost twice as much as that piece of crap you linked. If you're going to buy a Dell as a gaming rig you might as well play on a console.

Prince
04-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Don't worry, Introduction to Deductive Reasoning and Reading Comprehension for Xbox with Kinect will be out soon. You'll probably be able to rock it with your sweet little joysticks and some voice commands.

Lol, my video card alone costs almost twice as much as that piece of crap you linked. If you're going to buy a Dell as a gaming rig you might as well play on a console.

Unfortunately your reading comprehension skills are very minimal. I was playfully mocking your rig, never once did I infer/say that I owned that rig. Perhaps it's because your comp is too slow to render text properly?

I game on a rig w/an i7-3960X and a GTX690 SLI. HBU?

Another
04-16-2013, 11:35 AM

Do you know how to read? lol Take your own advice before giving it to others #NoReadingComprehension

Prince
04-16-2013, 11:40 AM

What's the matter? Is your 5400 RPM HDD taking too long to load the new posts? W/E, as much as I enjoy mocking you and your inadequate reading ability, I've got things to do unlike my present company. So Live Long and Prosper wannabe PC elitist nerd. My rig s***s on yours anyday of the week!

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:42 AM
What's the matter? Is your 5400 RPM HDD taking too long to load the new posts? W/E, as much as I enjoy mocking you and your inadequate reading ability, I've got things to do unlike my present company. So Live Long and Prosper wannabe PC elitist nerd. My rig s***s on yours anyday of the week!

aww come on now this was a nice convo XD

Eisberg
04-16-2013, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=alpharougewarx;350909]

The DMCA says a lot of things, nothing is truly "illegal" in terms of H/W modification in the eyes of the law however.

Defiance plays just like a FPS except for you see your character on the screen, you aim exactly the same way as a FPS. PC Players still have an advantage over the console players in this game, and to have them be on the same server would be a disservice to the console players.

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=Another;350979]

Defiance plays just like a FPS except for you see your character on the screen, you aim exactly the same way as a FPS. PC Players still have an advantage over the console players in this game, and to have them be on the same server would be a disservice to the console players.

ahh makes sense :D thanks for explaning

Kataclysm
04-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Get me your dust FPS cap and come back to me...

jvp
04-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Me play with smelly console peasants?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Me play with smelly console peasants?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

you wouldent be laughin if they beat you now huh XD

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Get me your dust FPS cap and come back to me...

to tell you the truth i dont know the cap. i dont think theirs even a lvl cap

Eisberg
04-16-2013, 11:53 AM
Deleted........

alpharougewarx
04-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Deleted........

umm what ??? O _o

Eisberg
04-16-2013, 12:00 PM
umm what ??? O _o

I typed someting, and then posted it, and then decided to delete it.

Getphazed
04-16-2013, 12:03 PM
I game on a rig w/an i7-3960X and a GTX690 SLI. HBU?

Funny thing is those specs are kinda useless. Most people buy stuff like that because they think its going to help them, its all just overkill and epeen. I built my computer and put a lot of $ into it with all the custom work like custom case, custom liquid cooling blocks and setup, but since im not some idiot who wants to buy a bunch of useless stuff so i can run around tryin to brag about it i didn't waste my money and bought what i needed.

Now, i would love to see this game crossplatform. It isn't because i think one system is better than the others, i own all of them. Its more so i can play with friends and family across all of the systems instead of having to choose one or the other.

ShionKreth
04-16-2013, 12:10 PM
I personally would really like it, it's a shame consoles have to be so inflexible about it. I mean, I have carpel tunnels so I'm on pc but stuck using a controller, and it's hardly like I can't still be competitive.

Thuzza
04-16-2013, 12:26 PM
They can't really cross xbox, ps3 and PC's because of the amount of server crashes that would be caused. PvP would be terribly unbalanced for PC gamers as they don't have controllers like PS3 and Xbox have. They would have to make different servers to actually prevent server crashes, put a cap on each server for how many players it can hold. That's a few reasons why they don't cross consoles/PC's.

Eweor
04-16-2013, 12:37 PM

That was sarcasm, no I am not being elitest, PC's have been held back since the release of XBOX 360 and PS3, game developers now primarily create games for use on consoles and PC's get "ports". That is what I am pointing out, then again PC gamers would know that, whereas console fanboys would not. Companies want to make money, PC's dont have the population anywhere near consoles so I dont know why you are having a go at them as the only people to blame are the developers who choose to port them

Eweor
04-16-2013, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=Another;350979]

Defiance plays just like a FPS except for you see your character on the screen, you aim exactly the same way as a FPS. PC Players still have an advantage over the console players in this game, and to have them be on the same server would be a disservice to the console players. PC players are only as good as their own ability with a mouse and keyboard :), As a console player myself I would have no problem with playing people on the PC

wlsmerlin
04-16-2013, 12:41 PM
which I find rather funny considering xbox (presently) is running soft windows & the new xbox will be running win8, they have more in common with pc's than sony does with the ps3........... But, thats the evil empire... sorry, I mean microsoft for you.

Buldog
04-16-2013, 12:46 PM

I built a ridiculous rig for $1000 and all games including my PC version of Defiance look beautiful and run excellently. So, quit whining and nut up, IDGAF that devs don't cater to me because I realize that we are significantly smaller than console pops.

Where do you get your facts from? Stating that pc users are in the minority?

Shawnchapp
04-16-2013, 09:10 PM
why I own a 360 and a PS3

i own those aswell so whats your point? if your point is trying to "show off" i have the limited edition star wars console does that make me win? Lol like really you couldn't take a joke?

DblE
04-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Where do you get your facts from? Stating that pc users are in the minority?

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/ 1. Xbox 2. Ps3 3.PC.... First rule of forums google is your friend. took me maybe half a second to get this info fyi.. O happy side note PC sales did crush the games sales on mac..

BATTERY
04-18-2013, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=AceMcSneyd;350625]Oh it doesn't? Blast my inferior mindset! My apologies for hurting your feelings with my words....

That was sarcasm, no I am not being elitest, PC's have been held back since the release of XBOX 360 and PS3, game developers now primarily create games for use on consoles and PC's get "ports". That is what I am pointing out, then again PC gamers would know that, whereas console fanboys would not.[/QUOTE

Look at from the Dev's and publishers view point. If you were developing a game you would release it on the system were it stands to make the most profit. Correct? It's why everyone gets up and goes to work. The almighty dollar baby! That's why I play primarily on the Xbox. I have more options for my money. I buy one system and it will play 99% of the games that are released with no need for updating hardware. That's why they port your games it's cheaper. I look at PC games and think they are way beyond that of a console but I'm not willing to dump time and money into to have that because I feel the cons outweighs the pros. It's why the gods of WOW sold out to Activison. Money.

Wtflag
04-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Sigh, the PC vs console debate again.

The OP's post is about how great it would be if the three groups can play together.

The two post answers his question clearly.

The rest are mostly PC elitist and Console fanboys fling poop at each other.

Without PC, consoles wouldn't exist.

Without consoles, games don't get enough player base and production values drop.

seoulstar
04-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Won't happen. You will have either kids on 360 getting on people's nerves. Or PC gamers picking fights with the 360 and PS3 users because their computer can play the game at an higher setting..or whatever stupid reason that make PC gamers feel the need to gloat and think they're superior, etc etc..

kelblackmoor
04-24-2013, 06:54 AM
Just have to say I'd like the cross platform so I could play with friends that don't have the same system I am on...and as for no mouse or keyboard argument....it is invalid...you can use a mouse and keyboard on at least the xbox not so sure about the ps3 tho.. Have fun and enjoy the game...doesn't matter if your on a console or a pc...remember we are trying to play a game...not rule the world

DeMoted
04-24-2013, 06:57 AM

You get one guy hacking on PS3 but for PC you don't need to know anything other then hitting the DL button to be a hacker.

MstrJedi_Kyle
04-24-2013, 07:00 AM
I heard it wasn't cross platform because Microsoft couldn't "ensure the quality of the online experience." Which I took as "we can't control everything so no because waah." Much like EA won't support the WiiU because Nintendo told EA where to stick it after EA demanded the online service for the WiiU be Origin.

DeMoted
04-24-2013, 07:02 AM
You would have been begging for divides if they had made it cross platform.

Antomus
04-24-2013, 07:09 AM

I initially thought this was the case before purchasing the game. A friend and I had a conversation about how well console players can hold their own against PC users and came to the general conclusion that it should be possible. I passed this idea onto the forums where I met a guy who actually claimed to have worked with Microsoft in an attempt to develop a cross platform competitive game.

During their study they had 5 hardcore PC gamers go heads on against 5 hardcore Xbox players. They would have to two groups play against each other, swap sides (PC players on the sticks, Xboxers on the PC), mix up the teams (Some PCers and some Xboxers on PC, the others on sticks). No matter what they did, how they mixed it up, the people playing on PCs dominated.

They eventually had to put such severe handicaps on the PC version of the game that for any self-respecting PC player, it would be obvious and they would not enjoy the game at all. The game was scrapped to say the least.

Zugo
04-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Here's a repetitive debate I've seen in other game forums where we have a cross platform gaming community. It's always the same thing revolving around hacks/cheats, controllers/keyboards&mouse, and the overall perceived communities on each platform. The only thing we are missing in this thread is the Apple crew, and you donít want that. :o

I play on both PC, and Xbox.
Is it true you hear the random 10yr old every once in a while on Xbox? Yes
Is it true Keyboard&Mouse has better control over console controllers? Yes
Is it true hacks are more prevalent on PC? Yes (speaking in general)

Maybe people are unaware of the direction things are heading . Eventually in the not so distant future (maybe my lifetime even) games will be cross platform as the OP originally eluded to. Consoles can already do some of the more popular things you need a PC for. For example, about 10 years ago I build a HTPC for my main living room. I'm not recording shows (have DRV for that) so when it came time for an upgrade I bought a second Xbox to fill the job. It has a HDMI port/wirelessN/keyboard support/browser/Netflix/YouTube/connects to my NAS where I keep my music, and cost me $149.00(graphics card for the HTPC was more than $149.00).

Why will this happen? Money, plain and simple. Game developers make more money selling games to a wider audience, and the audience grows when you cross platform borders. Gone will be the days when you need to buy platform X in order to play game Y. The closer consoles get to becoming a PC the closer we get to a true cross platform game. Then we can all get in the little boat together, watch the tiny animatronic dolls wave to us, and sing ďitís a small world after allĒ.

FullMetalTech
04-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Id really like if they combined the EU servers to play with some of our friends from across the pond.

Savvy85
05-03-2013, 04:05 PM
I think this would be awesome.

My boyfriend plays on PC and I play on PS3. I think it would be awesome to be able to play alongside him / group with him and run shtako together.

I do see the other sides as well.. but It would be neat regardless...