PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Sony

AimFix
04-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Thank you for spending time to check the quality of our upcoming patch and not releasing it with out inspection. We could be sitting in the same spot as PC/XBOX users but thanks to you we avoided that disaster and hopefully will have our patch cleaned up and ready to go soon.

If Sony had released it "as is" we would be sitting around making "what are you doing to pass the time" posts with the xbox guys. Glad not to be in that boat right now :)

HINDSIGHT
04-16-2013, 11:03 AM
So I guess they're patch is messed up lol

firetiger2k
04-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Thank you for spending time to check the quality of our upcoming patch and not releasing it with out inspection. We could be sitting in the same spot as PC/XBOX users but thanks to you we avoided that disaster and hopefully will have our patch cleaned up and ready to go soon.

If Sony had released it "as is" we would be sitting around making "what are you doing to pass the time" posts with the xbox guys. Glad not to be in that boat right now :)

Unfortunately most likely we will get the "new" new patch the same time or after the PC and xbox ones are working and it will fail on PS3 for its own reasons on this format and we will have the same issues everyone else had but a week after pc and xbox have been happily playing a working patched version. THEN because its free psn and sony ps3 it wont be fixed with urgency and we'll get the shatako end of the short stick every time

AimFix
04-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Unfortunately most likely we will get the "new" new patch the same time or after the PC and xbox ones are working and it will fail on PS3 for its own reasons on this format and we will have the same issues everyone else had but a week after pc and xbox have been happily playing a working patched version. THEN because its free psn and sony ps3 it wont be fixed with urgency and we'll get the shatako end of the short stick every time

For some reason i doubt they will release the ps3 patch in its original state, after seeing what happened on xbox/PC. Either Sony did there job on catching some issues or the Maintenance delay was a blessing in disguise. Either way im glad we can still play and not have to wait :)

Indifferntcolor
04-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Im pretty sure after the fumbble TRION has made the patch will be checked thoroughly for all systems before it's realsed

AimFix
04-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Im pretty sure after the fubble TRION has made the patch will be checked thoroughly for all systems before it's realsed

And im happy with this, better safe than sorry

Im glad Im able to play today when im out of work , thats whats most important right now. I didnt think i would get addicted to this game at first but boy was i wrong.

Figma
04-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Its going to be excatly same patch but days late

Niquara
04-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Its ok,,, the Xbox problem seems to be that the useless black box is failing to recognise an update has happened since its patching through the in-game client rather than the usual one....

Plenty of games do this on the PS3 already,,, the system architecture essentially is in place already so there 'shouldnt' be the same hassle....

Im glad Sony tend to have a good idea how to do all this stuff,,, hence the reason we've had a much smoother launch than anyone else...

N3gativeCr33p
04-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Im glad Sony tend to have a good idea how to do all this stuff,,, hence the reason we've had a much smoother launch than anyone else...

Someone has obviously never played DCUO on their PS3 before.

Niquara
04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
i spent months in DCUO....

and consider that to be the game where they learnt it all....

nowhere near the DCUO problems with this game,, perhaps gives a different perspective having waited through all those crashes and god knows what but Defiance has been great comparatively

AimFix
04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Its ok,,, the Xbox problem seems to be that the useless black box is failing to recognise an update has happened since its patching through the in-game client rather than the usual one....

Plenty of games do this on the PS3 already,,, the system architecture essentially is in place already so there 'shouldnt' be the same hassle....

Agreed. With the exception of Socom 4 this is the only game iv ran into release issues with.

N3gativeCr33p
04-16-2013, 12:20 PM
i spent months in DCUO...

Well, I spent years in DCUO and it hasn't improved as much as I would like to see. Definitely not to the point where I would want to play a different MMO on a console that has less RAM in it than my cell phone.

6Strummer
04-16-2013, 01:32 PM

Normally I'd say this was true, but PS3 got the smoothest version of Defiance at launch. When the game was first announced it was announced for PS3 only and there was brief speculation that it was a PS3 exclusive. I think they started on the PS3 version first precisely because it's such a different animal, and that may benefit us as we go forward with this game. Just a (hopeful) theory.

firetiger2k
04-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Microsoft charge for updates every time you want to update they charge you to do it. Which is why updates usually come only with DLC on 360. Sony are WAY less restrictive and teh reason it doesnt work on 360 easily is because M$ dont want it to. This is also why next no mmos came out on 360. Microsoft are probably pissed at Trion for circumventing their pricing

SWFTWLF
04-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Actually it's not so much Sony did quality control, it's that they never release anything in a timely manner unless it's for Sony products.

A modern example is how long it took the DLC for Skyrim to get on PSN. I'm not even fully sure they have ALL the DLC still, right? And this is coming from a guy who only exclusively played games on PC, PS3, or PSP since like 2008 because reasons and the Wii was boring.

6Strummer
04-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Actually it's not so much Sony did quality control, it's that they never release anything in a timely manner unless it's for Sony products.

A modern example is how long it took the DLC for Skyrim to get on PSN. I'm not even fully sure they have ALL the DLC still, right? And this is coming from a guy who only exclusively played games on PC, PS3, or PSP since like 2008 because reasons and the Wii was boring.

I don't think the Skyrim DLC taking so long had much at all to do with Sony, other than the design of the PS3 causing problems. MS paid for timed exclusivity, then Bethesda delayed the DLC because they couldn't get it to work right on PS3.

NeoDraven
04-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Someone has obviously never played DCUO on their PS3 before.

Yeah that game on launch caused my HDD literally to burn out Sony had to replace it for me cause it was something they didn't bother to check with that game.

I don't think the Skyrim DLC taking so long had much at all to do with Sony, other than the design of the PS3 causing problems. MS paid for timed exclusivity, then Bethesda delayed the DLC because they couldn't get it to work right on PS3.

You weren't on the forums for Release Date and DLC Launches, it was more of a "Let's not announce it otherwise we have the forums rampaged by angry 13 yr old self entitled brats spamming the Tech Support area with Hate/Flame-baiting & Other topics that shouldn't be in a "my game is having a sleight issue with frame rate can you help me" where it broke down to "MY GAME BROKEN HATE BEFESDA RARARAR" for 4 mths personally it was like talking to a brick wall with the players that did that and we all got punished because of their actions because they knew if it was 100% efficient it would be a repeat of the November 11th launch and the DLC Releases they didn't wan't to commit to a date because the same would have happened, don't say it wouldn't because you know some numbskull wouldn't have started a rage thread they always do.

Evilution
04-16-2013, 02:40 PM
For some reason i doubt they will release the ps3 patch in its original state, after seeing what happened on xbox/PC. Either Sony did there job on catching some issues or the Maintenance delay was a blessing in disguise. Either way im glad we can still play and not have to wait :)Sony did the same with DCUO but still give the go ahead on some horrendous patches.

Evilution
04-16-2013, 02:50 PM
I thought the Skyrim ps3 problem was down to Bethesda, they used a game engine that wasn't ps3 friendly to save their own costs, were as other multi-platform games use better engines.

N3gativeCr33p
04-17-2013, 06:29 AM
Yeah that game on launch caused my HDD literally to burn out Sony had to replace it for me cause it was something they didn't bother to check with that game.

I feel your pain. This makes two of us.