PDA

View Full Version : how did yall like the TV show?

griefbot
04-16-2013, 11:10 AM
I liked it a lot but my friend that doesn't play the game said he didn't know what was going on. just wondering what yall thought

warmachine9
04-16-2013, 11:31 AM
liked it quite a bit even if the stories both main and side were just western redos with a scifi wrapper. couple of the best westerns were redos of great samurai flicks and i like both of them. i do hate the whole romeo/juliet thing though. always hated that story.

Zalm
04-16-2013, 11:32 AM
It was pretty good....I liked the tie in of the game and the show...it was kinda cool....I wont ruin anything for those who havent watched and or played the episodic missions.

RedScar
04-16-2013, 11:34 AM
I personally quite enjoyed it.

FattyMcG33
I thought the show was pretty good. I don't think anyone who doesn't play the game would be lost, they really didn't dialog anything that would tie to the game and cause confusion.

Kye Azreal
It actually wasn't half bad. I expected it to be lame and hard to follow like most syfy shows(has anyone seen piranhaconda?) lol, but it held my attention. I'll keep watching in hopes that it won't take a turn for the worst.

*Possible Spoiler*
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the crystal they used to activate the terra-thingy at the beginning the same crystal they stole from your character in the game? That's kind of a tie-in I guess...

Starr
04-16-2013, 11:36 AM
I enjoyed it. It was nice to see all the different votan races.

Zalm
04-16-2013, 11:38 AM
I enjoyed it. It was nice to see all the different votan races.

I wanna see them show a Gulanee....But I dont know. They seem pretty rare in the game, as you only see one, so they might be a really rare species....

Starr
04-16-2013, 11:39 AM
I wanna see them show a Gulanee....But I dont know. They seem pretty rare in the game, as you only see one, so they might be a really rare species....

As far as I've read, yep, they're really rather rare.

Voyavoda
04-16-2013, 11:40 AM
I liked it a lot... a good Pilot episode is a good sign. It will only get better. Can't wait to see more arkfalls in the show.

Jackaleffect
04-16-2013, 11:40 AM
i thought it was rather good i love the races and im actually looking forward to the rest of the season and i agree that people who dont play the game wont be lost all the game did was explain where they got the gem from in the first place

Technine
04-16-2013, 11:41 AM
I thought the show was excellent. Very excited to see how the first season plays out with the Tarr and McCawley families. Plus the mayors sister is pretty cute!

GallowsPole
Kinda hoping that Nolan was going to do a threesome with the sisters.

Zalm
*Possible Spoiler*
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the crystal they used to activate the terra-thingy at the beginning the same crystal they stole from your character in the game? That's kind of a tie-in I guess...

Yes....yes it was, and they also mention of the Mayor talking to Ara Shondu as well....but thats just like a passing mention.

Nimmue
04-16-2013, 11:44 AM
The story felt a little rushed for me tho, trying to fit to much in 90 mins of film, saying that, I will be watching every episode and Julie Benz in tight trousers and shots of her *** or a win win for me!

Gemini Fury
04-16-2013, 11:44 AM
I liked it a lot. A good interesting pilot. Cant wait to see more.

DejaVooDoo
04-16-2013, 11:46 AM
I had one problem with the show: It's kinda cool that they use parts of the game's soundtrack on the show, but... When they play the load screen music on the show, I've had so many hours of pavlovian conditioning to stop paying attention when I hear that music that I had to rewind a couple times.

Technine
04-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Kinda hoping that Nolan was going to do a threesome with the sisters.

HAHA! Could see it happening

Dietwater
04-16-2013, 12:00 PM
SPOILER::::: I wonder if the shrouded woman at the end has anything to do with Von Bach tbh. All the talk of changing the world ect

hey u
04-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Seems to me there are to many types of aliens to be there in 33 year time frame and why did so many crash and now some live with human and some try and kill them how does that work so it all humans before the crash but then they invade and now some live with the humans while some dont and try to kill them anyone help me out here

Stashride
04-16-2013, 12:09 PM
I enjoyed the show. One thing I thought was bad was the cheesy car chase scene. The CGI car, that the alien guy was in, that Nolan was chasing was really bad. Like the view was supposed to be out Nolan's windshield, looking at the car in front of him. It looked like someone took a home video of a Hot Wheels car in their back yard.