PDA

View Full Version : Very Halarious.

KBLIDA5K
04-16-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm new to the thread and don't like posting but how can everyone sit here and be cool about them messing up the update. If they would've put the patch at 5:00 am like every patch does they wouldn't have this problem. That is what happens when developers get lazy and have people that don't care support them. That is why every patch has to be approved by xbox because of things like this, a lot of you that are not complaining maybe have a lot of games to play or be outside most of the day. Not a lot of people like going outside or have a lot of games to play or have money to spend on a game they cant play when they want, i don't mind waiting but you all have to put yourself in they shoes and understand they're pain.

JustinM19
04-16-2013, 11:14 AM
"How can everyone sit here and be cool about them messing up the update"

Thats a great question...and im proud to live in a world where we can ask such great questions.

Next question.

Edge0
04-16-2013, 11:15 AM
You just accidentally a post.

Snowranger19
04-16-2013, 11:16 AM
I would like a live-stream of their office. If I see them all running around, papers flying in the area, and hear the busy clicking of mice, I would feel calm.

If I turned it on, and there is a man eating a donut and watching youtube, I would rage.

What?

Jestunhi
04-16-2013, 11:16 AM
In pain?

If the worst thing that happens to you today is that you were unable to play a specific online shooter, then it can't have been a bad day.

MMO after launch - some people expect 24/7 uptime and no bugs. I like to call these people something that I would likely get in trouble for calling them on the forum.

So I won't. ;)

Voyavoda
04-16-2013, 11:17 AM
And raging/complaining/balling...etc. will get us a fix how???

Rannin
04-16-2013, 11:19 AM
In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter. Will a messed up patch really influence your life much? Be happy you are privileged enough to have house to live in and you don't have to go outside. Some people actually live out there ya know.

frankie swift
04-16-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm new to the thread and don't like posting but how can everyone sit here and be cool about them messing up the update. If they would've put the patch at 5:00 am like every patch does they wouldn't have this problem. That is what happens when developers get lazy and have people that don't care support them. That is why every patch has to be approved by xbox because of things like this, a lot of you that are not complaining maybe have a lot of games to play or be outside most of the day. Not a lot of people like going outside or have a lot of games to play or have money to spend on a game they cant play when they want, i don't mind waiting but you all have to put yourself in they shoes and understand they're pain.

ask yourself this,if mr microsoft are that good at checking the patches,then how on earth did it get passed by them,also patience is a requirement very few have nowadays.

Greyhawk
04-16-2013, 11:20 AM
In pain?

If the worst thing that happens to you today is that you were unable to play a specific online shooter, then it can't have been a bad day.

MMO after launch - some people expect 24/7 uptime and no bugs. I like to call these people something that I would likely get in trouble for calling them on the forum.

So I won't. ;)

Indeed it is as if most these people have never touched a MMO. As a MMO vet I am used to seeing game servers go offline for two days for maintenance. People these days just get to worked up over nothing. Hell we aren't even paying them 15 bucks a month for this awesome game like we would most MMO games lol.

Another
04-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Seriously.... you spelled "Hilarious" incorrectly?

Snowranger19
04-16-2013, 11:22 AM
I took it as a play on words.. like.. HA-Larious... HAH-Larious..

u know?

Maybe not.

Seriously.... you spelled "Hilarious" incorrectly?

Sanguinesun
04-16-2013, 11:23 AM
ask yourself this,if mr microsoft are that good at checking the patches,then how on earth did it get passed by them,also patience is requirement very few have nowadays.

I know one of the testers for MS in Seattle. Trust me, if you knew them, you'd know it makes perfect sense.

PixieStix
04-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Since you don't like going outside (lolwut) and you can't afford any other games to play, I suggest you pick up a dictionary to pass the time. It would be nice if you could even spell the title of your own thread correctly, even if it is a pile of garbage.

RoG Goat
04-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Hilarious*

frankie swift
04-16-2013, 11:26 AM
I know one of the testers for MS in Seattle. Trust me, if you knew them, you'd know it makes perfect sense.

ha ha ha,thats fair e nuff then lol.

soarra
my brain hurts

Another
ask yourself this,if mr microsoft are that good at checking the patches,then how on earth did it get passed by them,also patience is a requirement very few have nowadays.

I didn't know that "mr microsoft" was a plural/collective entity.

"Me thanks you"

Cutlass Jack
04-16-2013, 11:27 AM
I took it as a play on words.. like.. HA-Larious... HAH-Larious..

u know?

Maybe not.

Now you're just being ludacris.

MrViewtiful
04-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Buy a board game :P

K A S H I H A R A D
04-16-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm new to the thread and don't like posting but how can everyone sit here and be cool about them messing up the update.

Probably because some of us have been gaming long enough to expect everything to not go according to plan at any given point in time.

put yourself in they shoes and understand they're pain.

I understand perfectly and couldn't agree more. They are pain... specifically to my eyeballs.

MrViewtiful
04-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Probably because some of us have been gaming long enough to expect everything to not go according to plan at any given point in time.

Agreed and... Just like life, get used to it. ;)

ironhands
04-16-2013, 11:31 AM

the issue could have been something as simple as a corrupt file being uploaded to the Live distribution server, we don't know the details.

Froggyman
04-16-2013, 11:32 AM
The reason a lot of people are "cool" with the server's not being live at the moment, is because the majority of us have played an MMO before. Routine maintenance isn't that difficult to employ, no. This is a huge patch that changes MANY different things about the game, and they have NO clue if all of the moving parts and people will click together and do what they THINK it's going to do until they try it out.

Big patches junk up most of the time, because they have totally unforeseen consequences. On paper, I am SURE they thought this was going to go as smooth as silk. In practice, not so much, and it happens to a LOT of online games deploying a large patch, and this one is quite hefty.

And while I can understand why people are frustrated, hell I'm frustrated too, most of us are aware that they WANT their game to work, and are now doing what they can to make that happen for us, and themselves.

Merrin Nightbringer
04-16-2013, 11:33 AM
@OP:

You sir, are a moron.

Trion developers are not lazy. They are some of the hardest-working developers in the gaming industry. This? This patch that everyone is whining about? This is nothing.

There have been hundreds of games, with considerably worse issues... and some of those issues NEVER get addressed. How about being thankful that you're getting a patch designed to ultimately make your playing experience more enjoyable?

Programming something like this isn't easy. Trion tests it on a small, in-house server. We know this, because this is how Rift Patches were tested, and it worked fairly well for them; it stands to reason they wouldn't deviate from that method. Following small-scale testing, they "upscale" the patch, and load it to live servers. In the process of this "upscale", invariably, shtako happens.

They're working on it.
Shut up and drink your juicebox.

Asheki
04-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Hmmm... maintenance in the middle of the day of a tuesday.. which is a weekday. Weekdays are known for being days where people work, and go to school. Weekdays were a problem for the beta because people were arguing that they wouldn't be able to play the game, being at work or school..

Sounds like as good a time as any to do it for me.

frankie swift
04-16-2013, 11:36 AM
I didn't know that "mr microsoft" was a plural/collective entity.

"Me thanks you"
thank you for your help teacher,i will give you a nice shiny red apple if your good lol.

Cutlass Jack
04-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Hmmm... maintenance in the middle of the day of a tuesday.. which is a weekday. Weekdays are known for being days where people work, and go to school. Weekdays were a problem for the beta because people were arguing that they wouldn't be able to play the game, being at work or school..

Sounds like as good a time as any to do it for me.

Your Logic has no place here! Begone with your common sensery!

TRU NY
04-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Is anybody playing on the xbox or are the servers still down.....

dark one 1456
04-16-2013, 11:40 AM
yes they are still down

M00N
04-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Probably still down as they are still fixing things for us! <3

Frisco Kid
04-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Skitterlings have bitten into the computer core--quick get your guns and fire.....

frankie swift
04-16-2013, 11:45 AM
the issue could have been something as simple as a corrupt file being uploaded to the Live distribution server, we don't know the details.

your post is correct,we dont know the details,but its a bit silly to just believe that xbox will check the the patches and ok it,and think its going to be fine,such as the op is saying.but i know what you mean.

Asheki
04-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Your Logic has no place here! Begone with your common sensery!

Only if you pay tribute to my shrine, two goats and a dove should do. Or you could sacrifice your next of kin and I will bring upon thee the radiance of cosmic logic.

Snowranger19
04-16-2013, 11:48 AM
I assume you mean POWs, not goats.

Only if you pay tribute to my shrine, two goats and a dove should do. Or you could sacrifice your next of kin and I will bring upon thee the radiance of cosmic logic.

Asheki
04-16-2013, 11:49 AM
I assume you mean POWs, not goats.

Nah, POWs have no goat in them, they're pig-cows.

HerbalAsp
04-16-2013, 11:50 AM
So i get why people are upset.However this is an mmo so while i am anxious,i understand that **** happens especially with something like this game.its alot to handle and plan around.that being said they could give us better information other than "servers are down and theres no eta" its been like 2 hours since they posted that,are you gonna tell me they havent made any progress?im just saying the team needs to let us know what is up

KBLIDA5K
04-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Ok if you would've took the time to read the post correctly, i never mentioned not going outside. I meant other people, but like i said you can all defend them all you whant.

ironhands
04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
your post is correct,we dont know the details,but its a bit silly to just believe that xbox will check the the patches and ok it,and think its going to be fine,such as the op is saying.but i know what you mean.

M$ does check patches though, in order to maintain a standard of quality. They don't want their "reputation tarnished" by games being released on their system that could interfere with other games or connectivity, especially since you pay for the Live service.

Completely different issue for PC of course. What Trion should do - and I really don't like appearing like I'm telling companies what to do - is to release the updates for PC sooner. The PC community is generally used to dealing with patch issues, experiencing bugs, etc. Since we don't need to have content approved, release our patch, and then, a few hours later, or the next day, patch the consoles. It's a simple solution that shouldn't impact anything since we're all segregated.

This would certainly alleviate some of the issues coming from the Xbox side of things, since they seem to be more vocal.

Cutlass Jack
04-16-2013, 11:59 AM

Damn I'm all out of goats right now. Do you accept chickens?

ironhands
04-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Damn I'm all out of goats right now. Do you accept chickens?

so pows are cow+pig, wonder what a goat+chicken would look like. would make for some great jerk ..choat?

Arrisiane
04-16-2013, 12:05 PM
The gaming industry is as far as i can tell the only industry that can get away time after time with poor patch process , poor qa. Guess they never heard of a qat either.

Me i would have been fired over and over again if i did my job like they do theirs. I also release major releases as well as minor releases that affect customers , and you can be blooddy sure that if i do something that even slightlu affects customers in a bad way , i can pick up my resignation. But every MMO does the same in the beginning , poor tested and checked patches releasing in a live environment.

Ah well , i really should start to learn not to buy MMO˛s so early :)