PDA

View Full Version : Question about a mod you get from a side mission...

Torin Syyf
04-16-2013, 11:24 AM
I posted about this in the buy/trade area of the forums but no replies. So I figured I might get a hit here while everyone argues about being upset that everyones upset about being angry about a patch that has upset people...

I'm looking for a magazine mod for ar/smg/lmg that adds a x3 burst to the weapon. I had it but added it to a purple lmg that I'm not willing to destroy by mistake.

I know it was a side quest reward and that's about it.

Anyone know more about it,like what mission or what its called? Or better yet,have one they'd be willing to sell or trade for?

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 11:26 AM
I posted about this in the buy/trade area of the forums but no replies. So I figured I might get a hit here while everyone argues about being upset that everyones upset about being angry about a patch that has upset people...

I'm looking for a magazine mod for ar/smg/lmg that adds a x3 burst to the weapon. I had it but added it to a purple lmg that I'm not willing to destroy by mistake.

Anyone know more about it,like what mission or what its called? Or better yet,have one they'd be willing to sell or trade for?

If I come across it, I'd be more than willing to just give it to you, as I use only Bolt-Action Sniper Rifles and Pistols.

Zeal
I'm pretty sure I have it, I know for sure I've had it not sure if I got rid of it but I know for sure I didn't use it!

Lol, I'll check when servers are up, If I've still got it, assuming you're in EU?

lil frier
If you go to the screen to retrieve the mods, it will show you WHICH mods you will get upon retrieval. Once the game's back up, you can do that to see what the name of the mod is. You can then attempt to find that specific mod, and maybe use the Internet o look up the quest that gives it.

Thanx4tehfish
04-16-2013, 11:27 AM

I am pretty sure you just get random mods from sidequests. And you can also buy them from the lockboxes. So cross your fingers, sacrifice a small animal to whatever God(s) you worship and hope for the best

Zalm
so wait....its a mag mod that turns a fully auto into a 3 round burst fire? I've never seen one of those, and I have completed every side quest and rampage/time-trial/hotshot in the game. You sure its not the rifle thats a 3 round burst naturally? I've had plenty of those.

BootLeg

hmmmmm i thought the mod cache from side missions were random..but i to will keep on eye out for ya

Wynce
The side quest mod rewards aren't specific. You get a "mod cache" for finishing them, that generates a random mod.

The 3 round burst mod (Which is amazing, btw.) can be found on vendors as a special.

gryste
Could just buy a mod lockbox, might get a better one. I also thought the Side mission mod packs were random. Unless it states what the reward is

Zeal
04-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Think you're talking about the VBI Tacc rifle, thats naturally 3 shot burst, whereas this mod allows you to turn something like the FMC rifle fully auto into 3 shot, which imo is superior since it has higher dam/rof (if I remember right)

Zalm
04-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Think you're talking about the VBI Tacc rifle, thats naturally 3 shot burst, whereas this mod allows you to turn something like the FMC rifle fully auto into 3 shot, which imo is superior since it has higher dam/rof (if I remember right)

That is awesome....I need one of those....I have a great higher dmg fully auto rifle with god awful recoil that would be great as a burst fire.

Xepher
04-16-2013, 11:32 AM
If I come across it, I'd be more than willing to just give it to you, as I use only Bolt-Action Sniper Rifles and Pistols.

Same here bolt acton/semi auto snipers and pistols. I'll check my mods when the servers come back online. Leave you GT and I'll add you if I have one my GT is GruntSquisher69. Oh also what server are you on NA or EU?

Torin Syyf
04-16-2013, 11:37 AM
so wait....its a mag mod that turns a fully auto into a 3 round burst fire? I've never seen one of those, and I have completed every side quest and rampage/time-trial/hotshot in the game. You sure its not the rifle thats a 3 round burst naturally? I've had plenty of those.

Yeah...like I said,I added it to my lmg and it now fires 3 round bursts on tapping the trigger and fires fully auto on trigger hold! Pretty dope!

I didn't know that you could see what mods would be retrieved BEFORE you actually "start action". Thanks for that info.

I've see a LOT of mods in store specials,just haven't seen this one yet:(

I'm NA server btw

GT: Dr3z0n (that's a zero)....in case anyone comes across 1 and is willing to part with it.

Thanks a lot people! Its greatly appreciated!

Torin Syyf
04-16-2013, 11:41 AM

I want it for my frontier semi auto. Single fire to 3 round burst and accurate as he!!

Rynwoody
04-16-2013, 11:46 AM

Holy crap that can't be easy...

Wynce
04-16-2013, 11:47 AM
I want it for my frontier semi auto. Single fire to 3 round burst and accurate as he!!

I did that with my legendary single fire AR. It got a 0.75% recoil bonus for maxing out, and now I can empty the full clip of 20 into a targets head at max falloff range without a single bullet straying off target one millimetre.

Torin Syyf
04-16-2013, 11:47 AM
And Zeal, I'm not talking 3 round ars.I have plenty of those. I want the mod that adds the x3 to a weapon.Best 3 round burst ar I've come across does around 379 damage,where the frontier rifle does 440. Adding that mod would make it 440x3 per burst and those be numbers me likey :) lol

Zeal
04-16-2013, 11:50 AM
the 379 damage rifle is the VBI TACC rifle, I managed to scoop an epic one off the shop but it disappeared during the fking mod process, #emo

Torin Syyf
04-16-2013, 11:53 AM
I did that with my legendary single fire AR. It got a 0.75% recoil bonus for maxing out, and now I can empty the full clip of 20 into a targets head at max falloff range without a single bullet straying off target one millimetre.

Yeah,that's exactly what I've been trying to get to. Just can't find the fracking thing again and its made my syphon lmg a weapon to be reckoned with. That's why I don't want to lose it. Helps with controlled bursts on a weapon that's normally all over the place like a drunk dude taking a leak in the wind.

Torin Syyf
04-16-2013, 11:54 AM
the 379 damage rifle is the VBI TACC rifle, I managed to scoop an epic one off the shop but it disappeared during the fking mod process, #emo

Dude,that sucks! A buddy had 3 weapons vanish on him 2 days in a row.

Torin Syyf
04-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Same here bolt acton/semi auto snipers and pistols. I'll check my mods when the servers come back online. Leave you GT and I'll add you if I have one my GT is GruntSquisher69. Oh also what server are you on NA or EU?

Thank you buddy.

GT: Dr3z0n
NA server

Torin Syyf
04-16-2013, 12:02 PM
If you go to the screen to retrieve the mods, it will show you WHICH mods you will get upon retrieval. Once the game's back up, you can do that to see what the name of the mod is. You can then attempt to find that specific mod, and maybe use the Internet o look up the quest that gives it.

Yeah I didn't know that,thanks for that info. I'll check when they get the servers back up and post what its called. Thanks again

Torin Syyf
04-16-2013, 02:10 PM
We're back up and running so just wanted to remind you guys to have a look. Its the "Controlled Burst Magazine" and its green so that should make it a level 2.

Thanks again guys and/or gals :)

Torin Syyf
04-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Anyone? I'm still looking for thise mod.

Steppdaddy
04-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Okay, a few things about this mod.

1. It can be found in store specials. I just got mine last night.
2. The mod does not add 3 more shots to burst weapons.
3. The mod actually increases the rate of fire on automatic weapons when held down
85 round clip Frc Saw w/o mag was hand timed at 10.5 to empty clip
88 round clip Frc saw WITH mag was hand timed at about 9.1 seconds to empty clip
I repeated this test 3 times to make sure and had identical results.

Also automatics can still be used as automatics when trigger is held.

This mod is awesome, especially on a FRC Heavy Assault Rifle.

Death Wish
04-17-2013, 08:19 PM
I had that mod pretty early in the game and put it on a purple VOT Blast Rifle not knowing what it really does and to my surprise it didn't make it three round burst but instead 40x3 damage full auto it was the meanest shot gun rifle ever by that I mean it not accurate for ****

Torin Syyf
04-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Okay, a few things about this mod.

1. It can be found in store specials. I just got mine last night.
2. The mod does not add 3 more shots to burst weapons.
3. The mod actually increases the rate of fire on automatic weapons when held down
85 round clip Frc Saw w/o mag was hand timed at 10.5 to empty clip
88 round clip Frc saw WITH mag was hand timed at about 9.1 seconds to empty clip
I repeated this test 3 times to make sure and had identical results.

Also automatics can still be used as automatics when trigger is held.

This mod is awesome, especially on a FRC Heavy Assault Rifle.

Yup, as far as what it does,that I already knew. I've got it on my frc saw with syphon. Its a beasts beast. I added it to that by mistake and the result was awesome. I need it now for a frontier rifle.

And I've kept my eye out for it at vendors but no luck.