PDA

View Full Version : Estimated Patch Downtime?

Shamrok
04-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Anyone Know? I could use an update.

WarMachine
04-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Its currently unknown.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?38522-Xbox-and-PC-Patch-1.010-April-16th-UPDATES-for-PC-and-XBOX&p=347283&viewfull=1#post347283

Merrin Nightbringer
04-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Twitter update about 40 mins ago said they're still working on it. Still no ETA.

I'm just glad they're patching the game and really trying to improve our experience. Maybe that's just me, idk.

Shamrok
04-16-2013, 11:47 AM
I am glad they are patching the game too but dude...

to say "No ETA" ? That's really sketchy. am I wrong here?

WarMachine
04-16-2013, 11:48 AM

Nope, not sketchy. They are fixing severe issues with the last patch, it happens.

Gibbins
04-16-2013, 11:50 AM

Think its a No ETA due to the fact that it was so unexpected, a patch to fix a patch isnt quite what they wanted to spend there evening on i dont think

Buldog
Says a lot about the company when they have to patch the patch......Lazy programing if you ask me...don't they test these patches before going live with them?.....like other games.

Oster
Well UPS is late delivering my copy of Injustice that I was hoping to play while waiting on the servers/patch to be fixed, ordering on Amazon instead of just going and buying a copy at the store really backfired on me there :).

Merrin Nightbringer
04-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Says a lot about the company when they have to patch the patch......Lazy programing if you ask me...don't they test these patches before going live with them?.....like other games.

trollbait much? Okay, I'll rise to it.

Trion tested the patch just fine. They use a small test environment in-house to work out glitches before release (this was the method Trion used in Rift; no reason to think they changed it since then.). This server is NOTHING compared to the scale and scope of the servers that we play on. Invariably, things go wrong when they are scaling the patch up to live servers.

Shtako happens.
They're fixing it.
Shut up and drink your juicebox.

Daeion
04-16-2013, 11:54 AM

Because all other games had perfect patches in the past... Let's forget about the ones that corrupted save-games, introduced more bugs than fixes or made the game unplayable. Just because we have the right to be this completely ignorant and be awesome complaining about it on a forum.

In other words: Nothing new here. Been there, done that, had (alot) worse. Ignorance + public forums = you being an idiot.

stragen001
04-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Twitter update about 40 mins ago said they're still working on it. Still no ETA.

I'm just glad they're patching the game and really trying to improve our experience. Maybe that's just me, idk.

Absolutely, I just wish this hadnt all happened the day after/day of(im in the UK) the first episode aired...... I wanna play the new episode missions!

Dexter
04-16-2013, 11:55 AM

I dont get this twitter thing. I go on there, just a bunch of post from random people, nothing about the servers

WarMachine
04-16-2013, 11:56 AM
I don't think their test server is up and running this early. It wasn't in Rift for like the first month or two. But at launch patches need to be fast a furious, Rift was no different and was praised by many critics to be one of the best MMO launches. There is always the other side of the spectrum, Funcom patches Patches to every game patch, really, this isn't half as bad as other AAA MMO Patches, don't be a drama queen.

Kryptos93
04-16-2013, 11:56 AM
well I hope this awesome game will be up soon.....id hate to return this game after I played it yesterday just for it to be fixed as soon as I return it lol

Merrin Nightbringer
04-16-2013, 11:57 AM
I dont get this twitter thing. I go on there, just a bunch of post from random people, nothing about the servers

Set to follow @DefianceGame, and setup notification alerts. This way, when they post, you get a notification.

Hope this helps :)

Shamrok
04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
well I hope this awesome game will be up soon.....id hate to return this game after I played it yesterday just for it to be fixed as soon as I return it lol

Good Luck "Returning it" Lol

Ptsd
04-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Is it wrong I wanted to comment in this thread something productive but I am laughing so hard at the responses to the troll that I can't think of anything useful to say.

SHalloh Graves
04-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Anyone remember 6-12 hour Everquest patch days? you'll get your crack eventually. play some spider solitaire in the meantime

BreakevenMonkey
Because all other games had perfect patches in the past... Let's forget about the ones that corrupted save-games, introduced more bugs than fixes or made the game unplayable. Just because we have the right to be this completely ignorant and be awesome complaining about it on a forum.

In other words: Nothing new here. Been there, done that, had (alot) worse. Ignorance + public forums = you being an idiot.

My thoughts exactly. Although I am frustrated that I'm not able to play on my day off, I understand how launching patches can have unexpected issues. My advice to the troll? Grow up, and when you make an MMO that thousands are playing maybe then you can be so judgemental.

MrCawsan

The patch is not the problem. The problem is the application within the Microsoft console that applies the patch to the client.

Aether
04-16-2013, 12:03 PM

Trion tested the patch just fine. They use a small test environment in-house to work out glitches before release (this was the method Trion used in Rift; no reason to think they changed it since then.). This server is NOTHING compared to the scale and scope of the servers that we play on. Invariably, things go wrong when they are scaling the patch up to live servers.

Shtako happens.
They're fixing it.

Lol!
I could normally care less and typically don't bother to post on forums...but I had to jump in here and say, well said sir!

I love the fact so many people are loosing their minds over this. A never before attempted project on a massive scale...personally I'd rather thank them for attempting to do something that's never been done before.

Storm McCloud
04-16-2013, 12:04 PM
I demand 1 free EGO unit for every hour of down time!

Buldog
04-16-2013, 12:06 PM

Shtako happens.
They're fixing it.

Really? Wot also test their patches on test servers for atleast 1 month before sending it to the live servers..and there are never any issues once they go live with it.
So don't give me your trolling bull S h I t...fanboy.

ExcuseMyMandarin
04-16-2013, 12:07 PM
ETA is not known... http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?38522-Xbox-and-PC-Patch-1.010-April-16th-UPDATES-for-PC-and-XBOX

Zuen
04-16-2013, 12:08 PM

Not sketchy at all. It just means that something is really effed right now. You should be happy that they're fixing this. This update was huge, so you can expect some errors. It will be well worth the wait lol.

stvnkeene
04-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Anyone Know? I could use an update. its been 4 hours since I couldn't play My other MMO's never take this long even SWTOR doesn't take this long and I thought they were bad I understand this is a new game and all and its going to have its glitches just being launched, so im being patient as I can so that they can do their jobs and do the job right, at least they try to do the job right the first time compared to SWTOR, in SWTOR we have to live with the glitches for sometimes weeks or months before they will fix it so its good to know Trion will address and issue immediately... so my response to this is to be patient even with no ETA... sometimes it could be 5 min sometimes it could be 24 hours but at least they are working hard to fix the issue

Mourneblade
04-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Too many whiners and too many apologist fanboys on this thread. Go play something else or fix a sandwich and re-watch the pilot on DVR, but for shtako's sake, stop complaining and stop making apologies.

1. The game was rushed to make deadline (even though they had 5 years)
2. There are lazy programmers who cut corners wherever they can in ALL tech job fields. You will learn to live with it or stop getting on the internet.
3. At least Trion is owning up to their mistakes and not pulling an "EA" and saying it must be our fault and the game is working as intended.
4.NBC-Universal pressured Scy-Fy and Trion to hit the April deadlines, and Trion was busy making expansions for Rift at the end of last quarter, so no surprise that there was some procrastination and last minute band-aides being slapped on to take the piggies to market.
5. No amount of begging, pleading, griping, complaining, or defending is going to speed up the patching/re-patching/post re-patching patching that is required for us to play relatively smoothly, so **** already.
6. Let's all relax, drink a beer at 3:00 pm Est., talk about how awful taking your 4 month old baby to the doctor to get shots solo is, and patiently wait until we get the green light to get back in the game. Sheesh.

Spockster
04-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Jeez louise. I remember Anarchy Online putting out a big patch. Followed by emergency maintenance 2 hours later. Followed by a patch 6 hours later to fix (attempt to) the bugs that patch caused followed 3 hours later by a 2 day downtime... "see ya after the weekend". It could be worse, believe me. As one poster said, go enjoy your juicebox. Or here is a novel idea... heaven forbid you might read a good book for a few hours. I can recommend a few thousand.

legit
04-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Patch Incoming - April 16th 7:00 AM PT
We will be starting server updates on Xbox and PC beginning at 7:00 AM PT

Server Downtime:
Date: April 16th, 2013
Time: 6:00pm PT (3PM GMT, 4PM Paris)
Duration: 1 Hour

Patch Notes:
Click here for full notes!

Note to TRION its been more than 1 freaken hour ... its been 4

Mourneblade
04-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Patch Incoming - April 16th 7:00 AM PT
We will be starting server updates on Xbox and PC beginning at 7:00 AM PT

Server Downtime:
Date: April 16th, 2013
Time: 6:00pm PT (3PM GMT, 4PM Paris)
Duration: 1 Hour

Patch Notes:
Click here for full notes!

Note to legit:

Learn to READ! Update says the servers are down for maintenance, no ETA of when they will be back up. You are on the internet. The collective intelligence of people who have access to the wealth of knowledge and research is at your fingertips, yet you post ignorant crap like this. Someone give this man a link and a clue.

piedlpiper
04-16-2013, 12:28 PM

What is taking so L O N G ? ? ?

Testing is... I'm sure they have the fix by now, but they don't want to release it until they are reasonable sure it will work and not cause addition issues and want to be sure no other issues pop up. Although, additional issues will happen they want to catch as many as they can...

stvnkeene
04-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Jeez louise. I remember Anarchy Online putting out a big patch. Followed by emergency maintenance 2 hours later. Followed by a patch 6 hours later to fix (attempt to) the bugs that patch caused followed 3 hours later by a 2 day downtime... "see ya after the weekend". It could be worse, believe me. As one poster said, go enjoy your juicebox. Or here is a novel idea... heaven forbid you might read a good book for a few hours. I can recommend a few thousand.

I have actually been reading the book Host by Stephanie Meyer while I wait so I can catch up before the movie comes out on dvd and I watch it lol so good advice

WarMachine
04-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Someone give this man a link and a clue.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?38522-Xbox-and-PC-Patch-1.010-April-16th-UPDATES-for-PC-and-XBOX&p=347283&viewfull=1#post347283

anastasia
04-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Anyone remember 6-12 hour Everquest patch days? you'll get your crack eventually. play some spider solitaire in the meantime

I'll bet there's more than a few who would benefit from a shower, a good meal, a reintroduction to the sun, paying bills, cleaning the house, etc. I want to play too, but I actually got some stuff done so I can play guilt-free later!

stvnkeene
04-16-2013, 12:33 PM
lol good advice before I started reading the book I mowed the lawn and did some outside work around the house so know what ya mean there

Spockster
04-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Host is a great book. GLad you are enjoying it. I was fully wrapped up in that book from the first page. It was a most enjoyable journey.

Herethos
04-16-2013, 12:37 PM

Well they at least had the decency to temporarily raise the XP gained as compensation for the downtime.

Logicfails
04-16-2013, 12:40 PM

yeah im sure their programmers just said screw it and put out bad code - you're an idiot and shouldn't speak anymore ty

Spockster
04-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Well they at least had the decency to temporarily raise the XP gained as compensation for the downtime.

props to the developers. small things like that mean a lot to me and go a long way with polite society.

Arcs
04-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Servers will be back up at 11:00pm GMT.

They need to make sure we're all watching the show here in the UK :)

deltadeath93
04-16-2013, 01:48 PM

Shtako happens.
They're fixing it.

noooo don't drink the kool aid !!!

that my friends was a troll responce thank you for playing

deltadeath93
04-16-2013, 01:52 PM
I demand 1 free EGO unit for every hour of down time!

sounds like you already drank the kool aid

Aspect
04-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Waiting for a video game patch is srs bznz

white storm
04-17-2013, 01:36 AM
can we get an e.t.a for the fix from the patch that f'ed up the game. Thx