PDA

View Full Version : dear trion please compensate us for our wasted boosts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KillAlot V2
04-16-2013, 12:07 PM
dear trion
me and many others in the community have boosts turned on just now and while your messing round with this patch for the last 4 hours we have had boosts counting down and being wasted which is really frustrating i really hope you guys are going to compensate the community for the boost time wasted i thought that 1 hour was fair enough because all the problems this patch fixes im happy giving up 1hours time but when its like 4 hours just now almost and its looking like it will not be up anytime soon that is just not fair when they cost us the price they do so please trion can someone over there think about sorting our boost time back thanks

anyone else frustrated regarding this whole server down stuff post below thanks:cool:

Vhailas
04-16-2013, 12:12 PM
You wanna talk about compensation? EA is closing down The Sims Social on Facebook, and their only advice for you if you'd bought their in-game RMT currency was this: "Spend it quickly and have fun with it before we close the game! :D"

Zalm
04-16-2013, 12:13 PM
dear trion
me and many others in the community have boosts turned on just now and while your messing round with this patch for the last 4 hours we have had boosts counting down and being wasted which is really frustrating i really hope you guys are going to compensate the community for the boost time wasted i thought that 1 hour was fair enough because all the problems this patch fixes im happy giving up 1hours time but when its like 4 hours just now almost and its looking like it will not be up anytime soon that is just not fair when they cost us the price they do so please trion can someone over there think about sorting our boost time back thanks

anyone else frustrated regarding this whole server down stuff post below thanks:cool:

6 hours of game time in purchased boosts is about...50 cents....

Russ
04-16-2013, 12:14 PM
You've already got free boosts, sod compensation, ask them to pull their finger out and make their product function as intended.

chicago thugg
04-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Black/White charger Compensation. Better yet for my patience i would like that deluxe edition armor. What you think guys?

KillAlot V2
04-16-2013, 12:16 PM
You wanna talk about compensation? EA is closing down The Sims Social on Facebook, and their only advice for you if you'd bought their in-game RMT currency was this: "Spend it quickly and have fun with it before we close the game! :D"

diffrence is ea have a horrible record with this stuff but this was purely me giving trion a sugestion from a frustrated user and tbh trion are normaly ok with this stuff when it comes to giving the community what theyre owed but yeah that sucks about ea cant say im surprised tbh

Zeal
04-16-2013, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't be fond of giving people rare type vehicles, kind of... defies the rarity aspect, atleast for the white chargers, as for the black ones the time trials are easy enough really.

ShadowStrider 7
04-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Black/White charger Compensation. Better yet for my patience i would like that deluxe edition armor. What you think guys?

I think it's a Challenger :D
I also think you all are expecting way too much from Trion. What they have already done for us has been fantastic. You all obviously love the game, or you wouldn't be b*tching up a storm like you are, so at least thank them for that!

Russ
04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
diffrence is ea have a horrible record with this stuff but this was purely me giving trion a sugestion from a frustrated user and tbh trion are normaly ok with this stuff when it comes to giving the community what theyre owed but yeah that sucks about ea cant say im surprised tbh

you aren't 'owed' anything other than for their product which you have paid for to work as intended, what do you do everytime you have to wait to be served in a shop? Sue them because they 'owe' you time?

KillAlot V2

mybe but even if it was 5 cents its not the point i bought my boosts in good faith just like the rest of the community we deserve the timer to be frozen at the very least till servers are back up

Zalm

Wrong quote

But nonetheless, its not a huge deal...its not like they are releasing a $15 DLc then taking that away...its a 50 cent boost.....I would suggest complaining if this downtime lasts more than 24 hours. Till then, bite the bullet. You learn from your mistakes. I never buy anything from a company during its release month. I wait, then I buy.

Wynce
04-16-2013, 12:19 PM
I'll take $1,000,000 as compensation. No more, no less.

Vhailas
04-16-2013, 12:22 PM
I'll take $1,000,000 as compensation. No more, no less.

I want a week-long all expense paid trip to vegas with 500 grand in gambling money and a coupon book to the bunny ranch.

Wynce
04-16-2013, 12:23 PM
I want a week-long all expense paid trip to vegas with 500 grand in gambling money and a coupon book to the bunny ranch.

I changed my mind, I want my 1,000,000 and what you asked for too.

KillAlot V2
04-16-2013, 12:23 PM
you aren't 'owed' anything other than for their product which you have paid for to work as intended, what do you do everytime you have to wait to be served in a shop? Sue them because they 'owe' you time?

trouble is the product they sold me doesnt work as intended and thats no where near the same that shop keeper shiz

Vhailas
04-16-2013, 12:24 PM
trouble is the product they sold me doesnt work as intended and thats no where near the same that shop keeper shiz

They sold you the license to use the client found on the disc. The client works just fine.

BlindMuze
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
General rule of thumb with timed things like boosts, never buy them right before a patch, yeah it will kinda suck to deal with boostless playing for a bit, but it's better than feeling your boost got wasted by the patch eating up the time, cause let's face it, **** happens.

Tzar of kaos
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
I don't use boosts and the ones i got come from Trion worlds...So i don't care...Let them fix the patch issue first.

AL3X
04-16-2013, 12:26 PM
dear trion

You might have a point mate.Why not go an see a solicitor im sure they will take your case on.

KillAlot V2
04-16-2013, 12:26 PM
at the very least trion need to freeze the boost timers till we get back on

xcbox dmo
04-16-2013, 12:27 PM

Quit complaining. You're going to be alright. Trion is a very generous company I'm sure they will make up for this error. Your complaints arent going to change Shtako, so shut up and enjoy the game.

RiverStyxHorror
04-16-2013, 12:28 PM
I don't see why it matters, they gave everyone 1 week of boosts, so logically, you're not losing your money until the week is up.

KillAlot V2
04-16-2013, 12:28 PM
General rule of thumb with timed things like boosts, never buy them right before a patch, yeah it will kinda suck to deal with boostless playing for a bit, but it's better than feeling your boost got wasted by the patch eating up the time, cause let's face it, **** happens.

ahh yeah the patch they told us we would get like 2 days back

BlindMuze
04-16-2013, 12:29 PM
No, they do not, it would be nice of them to do so, but they do not need to, you just had the incredibly bad sense of timing to purchase a timed item right before a patch.

KillAlot V2
04-16-2013, 12:29 PM
I don't see why it matters, they gave everyone 1 week of boosts, so logically, you're not losing your money until the week is up.

i am when i have group and clan boosts which trion did not give us

BootLeg
04-16-2013, 12:30 PM
mybe but even if it was 5 cents its not the point i bought my boosts in good faith just like the rest of the community we deserve the timer to be frozen at the very least till servers are back up

they have already compensated you now get back in the welfare line with your EPT card.....Stop being so entitled MAYBE after the fix the problem they are having now they will reset them until then SHUT up or trade in the game

BlindMuze
04-16-2013, 12:30 PM

It was a lot more than two days.

BootLeg
04-16-2013, 12:31 PM

and everybody has known the patch was gonna come AFTER the first episode....so that excuse is invalid TRY AGAIN

KillAlot V2
04-16-2013, 12:32 PM
No, they do not, it would be nice of them to do so, but they do not need to, you just had the incredibly bad sense of timing to purchase a timed item right before a patch.

you sir are the reason why the big corporations and gaming companys walk all over us now and its very rare these days we acctualy get a game with no problems your the reason why more and more companys release games that are like betas that they patch up later with fixes

RiverStyxHorror
i am when i have group and clan boosts which trion did not give us

Not quite. Because on top of your boosts, their gifted 1 week boost is still active, which should still have 2 or 3 days left on it.
More than enough time for them to fix before you actually start losing your money.

Vhailas
Now all we have to do is wait for someone to make a dramatic reading of a break-up letter style video of the OP's OP.

SS Godfather
EA is only butt hurt cause they won the golden poo award 2 times in a row lol

KillAlot V2
04-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Not quite. Because on top of your boosts, their gifted 1 week boost is still active, which should still have 2 or 3 days left on it.
More than enough time for them to fix before you actually start losing your money.

what does that have to do with group or clan boosts???

Sporkuser
I hear the whaaaaaaabulance coming. They wasted the boost that they already gave you, and that you already played on from last week. Unplug your box and go get some sun and something to drink...you need it.

dear trion

Vadarian
Uhhhhh I have boosts going but I doubt I even play video games for 4 hours in a day.... maybe it is time to find a life for you.

DarkShadowMark
04-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Might be better if Trion cut all the boost times in half and make it so they only tick down when we're actually connected and playing the game. Would solve quite a lot of problems.

BootLeg
04-16-2013, 12:36 PM
you sir are the reason why the big corporations and gaming companys walk all over us now and its very rare these days we acctualy get a game with no problems your the reason why more and more companys release games that are like betas that they patch up later with fixes

so glad you think a team of 150 people working 3 platforms is a BIG CORPORATION.....You need to learn how to troll better

BlindMuze

Where did I state that I let a game company walk all over me? I say my piece to a company with my wallet, or write out something constructive, I don't waste my time *****ing about something I could have avoided with a teensy bit of forethought.

Gothi Gorecrow

A coupon book to a brothel? Ewww.... That is just..... ewww...

Zeal
04-16-2013, 12:37 PM
I'd be content just actually playing the game, **** compensation. Guarantee this time tomorrow all this will be forgotten and it'll be back to shadow wars =)

bleh
04-16-2013, 12:37 PM
dear trion

Ahhhh Muffin.....

http://datalog.compdatasurveys.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/what-compensation-about.jpg

PoLeo
04-16-2013, 12:38 PM
No. We dont need it. It would be us getting compensation, from compensation.

BlindMuze

Kinda "cheapens" the experience doesn't it?

KillAlot V2
so glad you think a team of 150 people working 3 platforms is a BIG CORPORATION.....You need to learn how to troll better

when did i say trion was a big corperation i was using corps as an example

Vhailas
04-16-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm glad that your very first post was a horrified reaction to one of mine.

RiverStyxHorror
what does that have to do with group or clan boosts???

Woops. Did not realize that those were that different, and I misread. Apologies Sir.
XD
my statement does not apply to you them, just to those whining about personal boosts. They have 3 days before they can whine.
Haha

Error404

Super classy.

KillAlot V2
04-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Where did I state that I let a game company walk all over me? I say my piece to a company with my wallet, or write out something constructive, I don't waste my time *****ing about something I could have avoided with a teensy bit of forethought.

yes like the rest of the glitches ive had when i can even get on the game like the roller glitch or buying tier 4s with bits and getting nothing from them but it still taking my bits like you say ill be saying my piece in the future with my wallet and avoiding trion at all costs

Radio Five
04-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Can we grow up around here and quit whining? Compensation?! Are you effing kidding me? Go outside.

DomuS
04-16-2013, 12:43 PM

It is EA. What did you expect. I am surprised they are not asking extra money for closing down.

S7YLEE
04-16-2013, 12:45 PM
i want a bunny in game bet >=I

SweetMadness
04-16-2013, 12:47 PM

Uhhh, did you buy the edition that came with that armor? No? Then no, you DO NOT deserve it just because you're upset.

Chronosphear84
04-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Quit complaining. You're going to be alright. Trion is a very generous company I'm sure they will make up for this error. Your complaints arent going to change Shtako, so shut up and enjoy the game.
Well to be honest I think he has every right to complain

I myself have boosts running at the moment that were bought with bits
and as you know bits are bought with real world money

I for one am not in the game of throwing away money for nothing
So yes I personally feel that Trion

(regardless of what compensation we have had prior to this latest debacle)

do owe us something in return for wasting our well paid money
because they cant do their jobs and check the bloody patch before uploading.

I wouldn't be happy to walk into a shop to buy bread
just to be told I had to wait 4 hours before I could use it

and then only get half of the loaf after the 4 hours was up
that would just be a waste of time and money not to mention a giant pain in the ***** wouldn't it? lol

Xepher
04-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Can we grow up around here and quit whining? Compensation?! Are you effing kidding me? Go outside.

You ask for people to grow up and then attack the OP like a little kid. Why do we all care so much? Best way to get rid of the whining threads is for people to stop posting in them. Next time you a thread titled something like this one rather then post how much of whinner they are just don't click on it and let it die.