PDA

View Full Version : Cross Platform petition.

Archon_Of_Victory
04-16-2013, 12:46 PM
So I don't know about you, but I bought the game with the hopes that I could play with all my buds with who play on different systems, well Microsoft's little ***** fight with Sony (and vice versa) makes it impossible. So here is what we should do. Make our wants clear. We paid for a game that was supposed to break down the boundaries of mmos and make these massively multi-player games ACTUALLY bring a new definition to
multi-player. Cross platform, bringing all crowds into one place for a better playing experience. If you want this, sign this petition. (link bellow)

http://www.change.org/petitions/microsoft-sony-allow-defiance-the-video-game-to-crossplatform-between-pc-ps3-xbox360#share

If you sign it, give it a boost and share it with the rest of the community.

TheBigFish
04-16-2013, 12:47 PM
So I don't know about you, but I bought the game with the hopes that I could play with all my buds with who play on different systems, well Microsoft's little ***** fight with Sony (and vice versa) makes it impossible. So here is what we should do. Make our wants clear. We paid for a game that was supposed to break down the boundaries of mmos and make these massively multi-player games ACTUALLY bring a new definition to
multi-player. Cross platform, bringing all crowds into one place for a better playing experience. If you want this, sign this petition. (link bellow)

http://www.change.org/petitions/microsoft-sony-allow-defiance-the-video-game-to-crossplatform-between-pc-ps3-xbox360#share

If you sign it, give it a boost and share it with the rest of the community.

Yeah that would be awful, i thought this was petition to burn the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions and have the PC version be the only one. I almost signed it, phew.

GenesisGFX
04-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Some one already was talking about this and it was clearly said that it will impossible to do it. if your smart enough make it!

Eric_the_Black
04-16-2013, 12:55 PM
My understanding was that the idea fell through because of how difficult negotiations were going to be with Sony and Microsoft. I would imagine the companies don't really want to play together, being direct competitors.

terkwashere
04-16-2013, 12:59 PM
This will never happen, because of money.

I also don't want my PC experience to be altered by exposure to the console services in any way... including, but not limited to, problems related to interfacing with PSN and XBL together, and hyperactive kids screaming racist remarks and terrible insults into their microphones.

Defy
04-16-2013, 01:01 PM
If you read here, Borderlands 2 which is a MAJOR game was also unsuccesful in getting MS and Sony to make it cross platform:

Gearbox Wanted Cross-Platform Play For Borderlands 2 (http://www.gameshampoo.com/magazine/articles/1010/gearbox-wanted-cross-platform-play-for-borderlands-2.html)

So I dont think there is much hope with that

Cimos
04-16-2013, 01:02 PM
People with mouses would destroy people with joysticks. Also graphics capabilities much greater on PC. This wont be an option for any game until the next gen of consoles (because of hardware). It may not even get done then because of the competition thing between Microsoft / Sony.

Us with PC area already frustrated with the UI (which was designed for console). When cross platforming, alot more of these annoying things will become apparent to PC users. If you are on console however, you probably wont care.

Dixa
04-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Some one already was talking about this and it was clearly said that it will impossible to do it. if your smart enough make it!

technically possibly and trion showed the tech off

socially impossible because sony and microsoft hate each other with a passion.

pretty funny to think an online petition would change that.

Tayce
04-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Petition Sony and Microsoft, they're the ones holding cross platform back.

Defy
04-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Petition Sony and Microsoft, they're the ones holding cross platform back.

If you read the petition youll see thats what he is doing :)

Jman
04-16-2013, 01:07 PM
People with mouses would destroy people with joysticks. Also graphics capabilities much greater on PC. This wont be an option for any game until the next gen of consoles (because of hardware). It may not even get done then because of the competition thing between Microsoft / Sony.

^ This. Not only would it not happen because PC would destroy console as mentioned above, but because of the pissing contest with Microsoft. Its ashame it wont ever happen not just for this game but for other titles as it would expand competitive gaming.

Remag Div
04-16-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm pretty sure Sony would be OK with it, it's Microsoft and their LIVE service that prevent stuff like this from happening.

Merrin Nightbringer
04-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah that would be awful, i thought this was petition to burn the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions and have the PC version be the only one. I almost signed it, phew.

Game would have been so much better had it just been for PC.

ThanatosPa
04-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Hell no I dont want cross platform. I want full PC potential in the game. Better graphics, mabey some locks to pick so I may steal some gear... But I dont want the PC world flooded with raging kids and their random swearing to show how tough they are.

So no thanks to cross platform.

ExcuseMyMandarin
04-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Doubt it can happend, first off Microsoft won't let Xbow interact with PS3, maybe with PC, but they cant then block out PS3 for it..

Skumberg
04-16-2013, 01:22 PM
I play on Xbox 360 and I wouldn't mind playing with PS3 users, but PC? No thanks. Keep your haxX0r kiddies away from us. ;)

Seriously though, do you really think PC vs console PVP would be fair?

finesthops
04-16-2013, 01:23 PM
i already have to suffer being on the PC with a consoles UI and with a consoles graphics...why would you want us to have to suffer through MORE console crap? those of us who chose PC chose it for a reason....because our computers blow the capabilities of any console out the water

ExcuseMyMandarin
04-16-2013, 01:39 PM
I play on Xbox 360 and I wouldn't mind playing with PS3 users, but PC? No thanks. Keep your haxX0r kiddies away from us. ;)

Seriously though, do you really think PC vs console PVP would be fair?

It could be fair, but PC does not have as much hackers as the rumors say ;)

iHOLLOWFIED
04-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Just signed the petition, bought this game so I can play with my friends on PS3 and Xbox 360, the fact that Sony and Microsoft argue should not hold back a game.

ExcuseMyMandarin
04-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Just signed the petition, bought this game so I can play with my friends on PS3 and Xbox 360, the fact that Sony and Microsoft argue should not hold back a game.

But it will, two competitors making something for the greater good?

Anim
04-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Would be too unfair on the console players in pvp, wont happen again.

iHOLLOWFIED
04-16-2013, 02:52 PM
True, I wish we lived in a world were companies would do good for the game and entertainment, not for the money.

ExcuseMyMandarin
04-16-2013, 02:57 PM
True, I wish we lived in a world were companies would do good for the game and entertainment, not for the money.

+1 on that

iHOLLOWFIED
04-16-2013, 02:59 PM
I think we need to be bigger than a petition, the entire of the Defiance community making real changes, imagine that.

Aspect
04-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Imagine ponies and rainbows, too.

The idea that a petition from a bunch of people that didn't bother to research a purchase before they bought it will change two megacorps' business model is randonkulous.

Dust 451 was going for the same thing originally and the Big Boys said no.

CrossTheBrij
04-16-2013, 03:03 PM
bump, i agree

Blak
04-16-2013, 03:05 PM
I will give you one simple reason why I would never want this.

The online community on both the PS3 and the XBOX is about 100 times more obnoxious then anything you could find in a PC community.

There I said it.... prove me wrong.

iHOLLOWFIED
04-16-2013, 03:07 PM

The online community on both the PS3 and the XBOX is about 100 times more obnoxious then anything you could find in a PC community.

I agree, some of my PS3 and xbox friends are obnoxious but what about the others?

seoulstar
04-16-2013, 03:10 PM

Selfish much?

You clearly haven't seen the PC fanboys going to other platform videos and just trying to start a fight with random people. You have no idea how many times I've seen something like. "Because my gaming rig is better than your sh***y console you pathetic little console kid". Or even worse things from PC gamers.

iHOLLOWFIED
04-16-2013, 03:14 PM
You both are right, in today's gaming society we have those type of people, but because of them should not wreck the console's reputation, or the entertainment.

Blak
04-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Selfish much?

You clearly haven't seen the PC fanboys going to other platform videos and just trying to start a fight with random people. You have no idea how many times I've seen something like. "Because my gaming rig is better than your sh***y console you pathetic little console kid". Or even worse things from PC gamers.

Well since they are starting those fights in a console forum, you are right. I don't ever see that since I tend to stay only in the region of gaming I play.... PC. My PS3 is a glorified Blue Ray player.... don't own an XBOX cause I find it redundant to own both platforms.

Mirimon
04-16-2013, 03:30 PM
first off.. old news.. the fact that this was not going to be truly cross platform was stated LONG before it launched, or even went into beta.

second.. the issue is with MS.. not Sony, Sony is incredibly open to crossing the console pc divide and done so numerous times, dating all the way back to the ps2..

chances are that if a game is made from the start to also play on xbox it won't be cross platform, also.. because of the performance limitations of the xbox 360 ( and the next one coming) games made multi platform will suffer for those using pc/ps3.

you people payed money for something without researching the product and now you are upset about it?? you really should only be mad at yourself....

p.s. Since money has no real value to you, just go ahead and send it all my way.

Shaz
04-16-2013, 04:09 PM
It's a cute idea, but I don't see it happening in the near future.

Surake
04-16-2013, 04:14 PM
I'd rather not play with console players. It would ruin PvP as they would be completely gimped by the controller and that would make the PC players suffer because Trion would have no choice but to alter the gameplay to accommodate the console players.

Rakshasa
04-16-2013, 10:13 PM
multi-player. Cross platform, bringing all crowds into one place for a better playing experience.

That's definitely not why I bought the game, nor was I ever expecting it to do that. Because I bothered to read about the game a bit before release, where they clearly said it would NOT be cross-platform compatible on the same servers. Is there a petition that would encourage the customer and player base to inform themselves a little better about the games they're getting? :P

Magicparasite
04-17-2013, 06:12 AM

While I agree with you, I can still prove you wrong in three words;

League of Legends

Seriously, you want a toxic community, play a week of League. Its like every call of duty player you hated was put into 1 lobby.

Anim
04-17-2013, 06:20 AM
Except dota2 is easily on par with it and HoN is/was worse. Its mobas in general due to its game type.

Munki 77
04-17-2013, 06:39 AM

Easy!
I am a 36 year old man with a mortgage, a wife and I build custom motorcycles for a hobby.
My point being not a tweenager with a lot of pent up hormones and a body in the middle of some sort of Terraforming process making me feel funny inside and hate my parents, the world, everyone I play games with etc.
Every forum I ever go on where the games are cross platform some PC owners just insist on constantly complaining that a game was made with a console UI, it's better with a mouse, consoles are just crap, controllers are rubbish, people who play on consoles are are shouty obnoxious kids............I could go on.
That is far more obnoxious than any shouty kid in the world as they can't help being like that, it's part of being a kid, but most of the PC ranters are adults.
This does not of course aply to everyone who owns a PC, some would just like to play the game with as many people as possible but it aplies to a lot.

Thank you to Archon for starting this thread, I have signed the petition.
And to the catty PC owners, grow up.

iHOLLOWFIED
04-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Look at this, we live in a world in which you are even judged for what platform you play on.

IGN
04-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Oh hell yes. Lets do this. I got 2 friends that play on the 360 and 1 on the PS3.

RoG Goat
04-17-2013, 08:37 AM
If they could do this with 0 lag, I would be all for it.
But the game is already laggy enough.

It will never happen.

SteveMND
04-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Look at this, we live in a world in which you are even judged for what platform you play on.

Well, with racism, homophobia, etc. on the decline, we all apparently still need something to project our irrational fears upon.

Eric_the_Black
04-17-2013, 09:09 AM
I never have really gotten the PC vs console fight. Don't most people own both? I play some things on PC, and some things on console. I chose PC for this game just to allow for some improved graphical performance and some flexibility from a control standpoint. Both platforms have ups and downs, as do both communities. I think some people just fight for the sake of fighting.

Munki 77
04-17-2013, 10:07 AM
I never have really gotten the PC vs console fight. Don't most people own both? I play some things on PC, and some things on console. I chose PC for this game just to allow for some improved graphical performance and some flexibility from a control standpoint. Both platforms have ups and downs, as do both communities. I think some people just fight for the sake of fighting.

Exactly!
I'd love to play with people from all platforms, the more the merrier.
It's just starting to bug me a little now that some PC gamers (not all I must stress) see console gamers as some lower class.

Coraline
04-17-2013, 10:17 AM
A pointless pentition to already tried mechanic. They tried to do cross platform but it's hard when its two different companies.

Chareok
04-17-2013, 10:55 AM
signed it even though it will never happen:(

Tero
04-18-2013, 10:21 AM
A pointless pentition to already tried mechanic. They tried to do cross platform but it's hard when its two different companies.

Microsoft nor Sony own these servers individually they belong to Trion, if Trion wanted to they can merge the servers aslong as the game copies are the same across platforms, lag issuers are fixed and all major patches are realsed through the ingame patcher for both consoles at the same time. And server merging has been done and does work, if you dont believe me go check out Dust 514 it merges the PS3 fps game Dust 514 with the PC Eve Online game, not only are the servers merged and are cross platform but it is two completely different games running together.

Xeos
04-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Microsoft nor Sony own these servers individually they belong to Trion, if Trion wanted to they can merge the servers aslong as the game copies are the same across platforms, lag issuers are fixed and all major patches are realsed through the ingame patcher for both consoles at the same time. And server merging has been done and does work, if you dont believe me go check out Dust 514 it merges the PS3 fps game Dust 514 with the PC Eve Online game, not only are the servers merged and are cross platform but it is two completely different games running together.

Then Microsoft Pulls the plug on game stopping any updates or patching