PDA

View Full Version : When Do We Get To Be Arkhunters?

Sins
04-16-2013, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oQlOD4pnkQ

When do we get to do this? Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one and selling for a lot of scrip or use one to blow away a army :).

Only fake arkhunting we get to do in-game is destroy crystals or the same big *** mobs. We still have yet to see the riches of being a arkhunters lol.

Mavor
04-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Well, not to blow your post out of the water - but in the pilot Nolan and Irisa had problems coming up with scrip for just one roller - I own about 20...so riches, yeah, I got em... ;)

Beta582
04-16-2013, 01:02 PM
So you want to find big shiny disco balls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZM_SbCeDQo)?

Snowranger19
04-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Actually, they had a roller that raiders stole.. then they had made tons more and could have bought more rollers, but that guy stole their money.

Besides, you cheat... they can't grind or do time trials..

Well, not to blow your post out of the water - but in the pilot Nolan and Irisa had problems coming up with scrip for just one roller - I own about 20...so riches, yeah, I got em... ;)

Remag Div
04-16-2013, 01:06 PM

Nolan should have farmed Mine 99 and finished some more pursuits before he left.

The Oncoming Storm
04-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Nolan should have farmed Mine 99 and finished some more pursuits before he left.Nah, He should've just driven around the ark fall in circles non stop like everyone else.

Mavor
04-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Nolan should have farmed Mine 99 and finished some more pursuits before he left.

Seriously! They were in too much a hurry after ripping us off... ;)

Snowranger19
04-16-2013, 01:10 PM
That would have been hilarious.. the Volge attack and he just gets in the Challenger and runs them all over in a straight line.

Nah, He should've just driven around the ark fall in circles non stop like everyone else.

Delte
Would be nice to actualy walk inside of an arkfall like they did in the tv opening of the first episode. All we do in the game is shoot crystals nothing dynamic about that just the way they spawn on the game world thats all that makes them dynamic. Don't get me wrong I like the game, I just wish the arkfalls had more variety to them.

Kerry
Nah, He should've just driven around the ark fall in circles non stop like everyone else.

LOL too funny.

EdgeTW
04-16-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty disappointed with how the Arkfalls turned out. I thought we were going to get some crashed arks that became temporary interior dungeon zones we could explore and conquer with a party of 1-4 players.

Snowranger19
04-16-2013, 01:12 PM
That's because currently the ark falls are just gulvanite crystals.. their arkfall was a piece of an ark.

Would be nice to actualy walk inside of an arkfall like they did in the tv opening of the first episode. All we do in the game is shoot crystals nothing dynamic about that just the way they spawn on the game world thats all that makes them dynamic. Don't get me wrong I like the game, I just wish the arkfalls had more variety to them.

Napalm Sunrise
04-16-2013, 01:14 PM

Bahahahahaha. Seriously though, money in this game is easy to get as it is primarily because after you find the top 2 or 3 gun types you like to use you just sell all the spare junk because most of the loot is just vendor fodder. I can, however, relate to wanting to have a identifiable reason that "ark hunting" would be at all profitable. If I were in the show and had to do what we did in game for some crappy green level shield or grenade at the end of a huge fight with a monstrously deformed alien bug thing and being summarily, blown up, gouged, stabbed, gnawed on or flung through the air like a ragdoll, I would not find Ark Hunting profitable enough to pay the hospital bills much less as a career choice.

AgentMytho
04-16-2013, 01:14 PM
That Nolin, what a jackhole, the only arcfall on the entire west coast with intact salvage, and he shows up and steals it.

Actually I wouldn't mind some arkfall instances, like the TV show where you wander around a derelict ship fending off raiders and arkhunters.

Remag Div
04-16-2013, 01:15 PM
That would have been hilarious.. the Volge attack and he just gets in the Challenger and runs them all over in a straight line.

It definitely would have quieted all the people saying the show had nothing to do with the game!

NeoMorph
04-16-2013, 01:15 PM

When i saw a massive gang do just that I was like "WTF ARE THESE GUYS ON?". They really should turn on vehicle clipping. All this phasing nonsense ruins immersion.

IIIB StripesIII
04-16-2013, 01:18 PM

There are no words... XD

rfortenberry911
04-16-2013, 01:19 PM
What if they made all Ark falls a PVP after the PVE fight. Winner take all.

NeoMorph
04-16-2013, 01:21 PM
It definitely would have quieted all the people saying the show had nothing to do with the game!

Nothing to do with the show? We saved Defiance through our actions. We saved Nolan who stole the crystal from us which he used to get a Terrasphere which defeated a Volge army which saved Defiance. Job done.

NeoMorph
04-16-2013, 01:22 PM

Don't you mean best internet connection wins? Because, believe me, that is what it would be.

Snowranger19
04-16-2013, 01:22 PM
I want Cass and General Grant to be on the show.. arguing..

Nothing to do with the show? We saved Defiance through our actions. We saved Nolan who stole the crystal from us which he used to get a Terrasphere which defeated a Volge army which saved Defiance. Job done.

Thr0nes
04-16-2013, 01:26 PM

Ark falls, people show up and.... there are two zone-in markers.. one for PVP, one for PVE.

Depending on which door people take, they are transported to either a raid like dungeon inside the arkfall, or a PVP king of the hill arena, where the last man standing gets the script.

Do it Trion.

Snowranger19
04-16-2013, 01:26 PM
No thanks.. the posts about "I picked the wrong door" blah blah.

Ark falls, people show up and.... there are two zone-in markers.. one for PVP, one for PVE.

Depending on which door people take, they are transported to either a raid like dungeon inside the arkfall, or a PVP king of the hill arena, where the last man standing gets the script.

Do it Trion.

EdgeTW
04-16-2013, 01:31 PM

This was something I considered as well, but it's really a huge stretch. If you want to go back that far into "what led to what", we might as well start questioning whether the game writers saw the crystal in the show and decided that was a good item to spawn a game adventure off of, or whether the crystal showed up in the show as a result of the game-writers presenting their idea for a tie-in first. We'll never know whether the show tied into the game or the game tied into the show (or whether it was mutual). The fact that entire first season is already filmed though.. I don't think the show will be pulling from the game very much.