PDA

View Full Version : Significant other overly griping at you for playing Defiance too much?

ZombieTech
04-16-2013, 01:52 PM
If so, this might just be the perfect solution...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l489/Mediquette/de_fiance_zps9b722d87.jpeg

...show them the hidden meaning in the title of the game!

de- ( Dē ) - Prefix. - Meaning undoing and/or removal, or to make the opposite of; reverse. [occurring in loanwords from Latin.]

fianc ( f n-s , f -n s ). - n. - Significant other engaged to be married. [French, from past participle of fiancer, to betroth, from Old French fiancier.]

And there you have it... DE-fiance! Tada! :cool:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l489/Mediquette/fozzie_waka_zps5469babf.gif
...........*drum fill*
..............(ba-dum ching!)

(PS - It should be noted, ironically enough, it was my significant other who actually pointed this out to me in jest, ROFL!) :D

Catshark
04-16-2013, 05:19 PM
I love this very creative!

SaintRaze
04-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Lol, I got my girlfriend Pokemon Black 2 so she can play it while I play.

Catshark
04-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Ha ha my Fiance bought me a World of Warcraft subscription to shut me up! tee hee

Rampermt
04-16-2013, 05:22 PM
LMAO......love it!

Untamed Gunner
04-16-2013, 05:24 PM
i broght my bedroom tv into my living room and used headphones so it is like we are still hanging out lol JUST CAN'T STOP EVERYTHING DEFIANCE if i'm not on the the game i'm here or on my clans website and facebook page damm you Defiance

SaintRaze
04-16-2013, 05:29 PM
i broght my bedroom tv into my living room and used headphones so it is like we are still hanging out lol JUST CAN'T STOP EVERYTHING DEFIANCE if i'm not on the the game i'm here or on my clans website and facebook page damm you Defiance

Ya, I moved my xbox to the living room and just use my TurtleBeach x400 to tune the world out lol

Yehlan
04-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Nope completed all the story content in 3 days and all the new content in an hour so besides grinding which has become pointless with so many pursuits being reset i've pretty well put this game back on the shelf and moved onto other things in the mean time.

Merrin Nightbringer
04-16-2013, 05:36 PM
And this right here, is why I made sure my better half is a gamer ;)

We enjoy Defiance together.

RNM King
04-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Lol she does not nag to much its more my kids who wonder were there dad went.... to the man cave! (Que badass batman theme)

SaintRaze
04-16-2013, 05:38 PM
And this right here, is why I made sure my better half is a gamer ;)

We enjoy Defiance together.

Mine is a gamer, but she's still stuck in the Nintendo days lol

She only plays DS and old Nintendo systems, so I'm at a loss on enjoying the bloodshed with her

Saber024
04-16-2013, 05:44 PM
not yet, since i'm playing 1-2 hours only if she's awake.

she asleep, i get to extend to 3-4 max. then my zombie eyes come out next day. but i act all chirpy and happy so that the game won't be blamed.

Ryaad
04-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Heh, my significant other really enjoyed the show and it has one or two actors that she likes in it so she actually likes that I play the game so I can give her the backstory. I'm not 100% on this but I may have won life.

SaintRaze
04-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Heh, my significant other really enjoyed the show and it has one or two actors that she likes in it so she actually likes that I play the game so I can give her the backstory. I'm not 100% on this but I may have won life.

I'ma try to get my gf into the show lol

ZombieTech
04-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Mine is a gamer, but she's still stuck in the Nintendo days lol

She only plays DS and old Nintendo systems, so I'm at a loss on enjoying the bloodshed with her

I wouldn't be so sure... I've often contemplated just how badass it might be to play Star Tropics, Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Gauntlet, Double Dragon, or any of the other 8-bit classics on a really large-screen television. (I remember back then a "larger screen" was in the 20-30ish+ inch range, LOL!)

Come to think of it, I'm even now pondering ColecoVision classics on a big-screen... pardon me a moment, I think I need a cold shower! :cool:

SaintRaze
04-16-2013, 06:10 PM
I think I need a cold shower! :cool:

^^^^This fragment,
I wanted to piss myself laughing XD