PDA

View Full Version : What Brings You to Defaince the TV Show, Game or Both or Maybe Even the Free Food?

Vega
11-20-2012, 12:50 AM
          

Kalbuir
11-20-2012, 01:34 AM
TRION brings me here, I've been following Defiance ever since RIFT was still Herous of Telara and Defiance was an unnamed title at that point still rumored to work on the Hero engine (NOT TRUE!). Later Syfy got involved, or announced to be involved and it got even more exciting.

But bottom line from me, with my experience with the developers at TRION for the RIFT team and meeting the Defiance QA / Dev / Producers at GamesCom this year. It is first and foremost TRION that actually gets me interested in a title not the game itself. At the end of the day the company just makes kickass games.

The reason for this in my opinion is that every single employee at TRION I spoke to during events has been much more passionate and open to "fans" than I've seen any other company attempt. (I've been visiting conventions like GamesCom etc. for roughly 4 years now). I think this is a big compliment to not only the community management staff but the employees attending these events in general.

I'll calm down now /fanboi off

RexxDoom
11-20-2012, 02:01 AM
Both. Sounds like a great achievement. Show looks great and game is something I've wanted on 360 forever. Back when Huxley was promised...lol.

Darktide
11-20-2012, 03:00 AM
To be honest it's the show. I love my weekly fix of sci-fi and since Battlestar Galactica and Farscape finished there has not been much out there to grab me. I watch Falling Skies (which I would give a 6/10) and the new V was,well, so so. Besides that nothing. When I seen the trailers and videos for this thing called "Defiance" it really caught my attention. Looks very impressive.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be playing the game too but I think the show will be my secret lover.
Out of 100% :

Tv show 70%
Game 30%

vampero
11-20-2012, 03:58 AM
There was a similar post but it wasn't inclusive of all possible options. Since there are more members and stopins I figure I'd ask again. What brings you to Defiance?

Like on my webpage..I'm "Raw & Uncut" and never a fanboy to any media company they don't pay my bills in real life. If they make a half *** product I will let them know how I feel about it.

What brings me to the game is SyFy and Trion. Rift is a great MMO with a lot of freedom on building your skills up,crafting and the best thing of all game play. Trion is not afraid to have open beta and take good or bad feedback well. That is what makes me respect them. I love SyFy TV shows !

I will be getting a Press Pass for PAX EAST 2013 this year and I hope Defiance team will be there so I can grill them for so much info about the game. In the end we should have a very good FPS/MMO (many have failed trying) and TV Show with Defiance.

Mirthen
11-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Only recently heard about this game/show, and became instantly intrigued by it. The show, from what ive seen so far, looks to be quite promising and right up my alley for shows. The cast looks strong and has a few people whose work i have enjoyed in the past. I am hesitant to jump on the MMO though, been burned in the past by too many up and coming MMOs, so want to hold off on that a bit, but will be keeping a rather close eye on it now though.

If the game plays well on the PC version it could be worth it, if it feels like another bad PC version of a console game then i might pass on it. I have both the ps3 and 360 in the house but rarely use them, and still prefer to game on the PC. In essence i will need more then videos and streams to convince me to play the game, like a trial or even late open beta access.

So TV show looking great, MMO cautious.

Enver
11-20-2012, 08:26 AM
I had been following the show also since it was announced, I really need my SyFy fix ever since the Stargate Series, Eureka and Battlestar Galactica etc…went off the air I've been longing for good SyFy. I also have a huge love for MMO and Shooter games. So it sounds like in 2013 I'll be getting the best of both worlds.

JellyBean
11-20-2012, 12:47 PM
There has been a huge empty space without firefly and the whole feel of a future science fiction western really resonates with me. Also a big anime fan, trigun, cowboy bepop, and the really specific genre just seems really cool. I also played alot of mmo's,( 9 dragons, flyff, perfect world, WoW, etc) and shooters (BF3, BLOPS, Halo) and I'd love to see the mechanics of having both. I'm looking forward to both the game and the show very much.

JellyBean
11-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Both. Sounds like a great achievement. Show looks great and game is something I've wanted on 360 forever. Back when Huxley was promised...lol.

i KNOW! such a LETDOWN!

Vega
11-21-2012, 05:29 AM
          

Carnak
11-21-2012, 04:38 PM
TRION brings me here, I've been following Defiance ever since RIFT was still Herous of Telara and Defiance was an unnamed title at that point still rumored to work on the Hero engine (NOT TRUE!).

Rift, being mostly a WOW clone, wasn't to my tastes but I respect TRION as developers and when I learned they were making a sci-fi shooter I started to follow it.

Later Syfy got involved, or announced to be involved and it got even more exciting.

Personally not thrilled by their involvement, but then again I'm not into wrestling or reality tv...

I've a good degree of confidence in the game and if the tv show turns out to be good or even ok I'll consider it a bonus.

Shadinaxx
11-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Like Kalubuir, I have followed Trion for some time. I was impressed by how they kept their players and beta testers informed, they didnt have "secret plans" that they just dumped on th enetwork with only in house testing. They were on Twitter daily during Rift (and still are), giving us information, updates on broken things, issueing challenges, contests and keeping us entertained no matter what.

So with Trion having impressed me alot, I was not really feeling the genre of the typical hack and slash, magical dragons and fairies type of game. Then they announced Defiance and I have been excited ever since. My entire family are all big sci fi buffs, we used to watch star trek, buck rogers and star wars, so when I told them about Defiance (the show), they got interested as wlel, even tho they will not play the game. Means I dont have to wrestle with myself about shooting my mom or dad, lol

Amazingy
12-09-2012, 02:06 PM
There was a similar post but it wasn't inclusive of all possible options. Since there are more members and stopins I figure I'd ask again. What brings you to Defiance?

I saw on e3 and had to check it out

AmazingPatt
12-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Free food > the game > the show =D , i will watch the show for sure but the game is really what i want to play

Draykaden
12-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Game first for me. The concept of a 3rd person mmo on console has me very interested. I am excited about the show, but primarily because of the hopes it will add to the game experience. April can't get here fast enough!!

Dray~

stormaaron
12-09-2012, 09:20 PM
both and i love trion im gonna watch the tv show and play the game but more than that this is a achievement in gaming history were gamers and actors are intertwined with each other and that is something i wanna be apart of

Fiancee
12-11-2012, 06:28 AM
Rift to be honest, but gotta say Im so ready to play some sci-fi MMO currently. Think I just play this until Elder Scroll Online.

Golgo28
12-11-2012, 11:09 AM
both because trion and syfy are taking a big chance with this project.and let's face it syfy has never shyed away from risk when it comes to shows.that's how we got farscape and battlestar galactica.and trion have always been about listening to fans and trying to give them a fun and entertaining experience.I can't wait to see how the the show and game interconnect.

Wolfrick_Adar
12-12-2012, 02:29 PM
I bought a beta package for End of Wars and somehow earned an alpha invite for EoN. (Think I'm allowed to say that.) Was pretty bummed when that fell through. Then I got an e-mail inviting me to Defiance.

To be honest, shooters have never been my thing. But since Trion might give me a chance to test, I figured I could learn more about the game. What I've seen is pretty impressive... to the point that I downloaded a recent f2p sci-fi shooter just to get some experience in the genre. I've actually had some fun there, too, so I'm very excited about this game's possibilities. (PVE, yay!)

Then the other night I saw an extended trailer for the TV show, and now I really can't wait to play in this world -- whether that be alpha, beta, delta :p, F2P, P2P, maybe even pay-to-win.:cool:

Suun Brakur
12-12-2012, 03:15 PM
A friend on L.O.T.I.S forum brought this game to my attention, so searched for more info on the game and became interested. Looking for a new sci-fi to watch. Liked Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, Eureka and others hoping to add Defiance. The crossing over of game and series is an awesome ideal hope this will be successful and be a part of the community.

Tsar
12-12-2012, 07:55 PM
End of Nations brought me here, and Trion :)
I never really was an FPS or RPG fan but this title seems appealing and innovating + is Trion/SyFy partnership..
let's see....

Niurok
12-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Both but whatever gets me away from WoW for a while. Guess for me whenever I got a game to play the rest of the world is empty to me.

deusex2
12-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Free food, where?!