PDA

View Full Version : key farming?

drocksmash
04-16-2013, 02:01 PM
went to my favorite spot to farm some keys... not getting any regardless of emergency type

Natjur
04-16-2013, 02:43 PM
It was a bug that you could get WHOLE key codes from them, they were only designed to drop fragments of key codes. But I believe they drop nothing at the moment

russell733
04-16-2013, 03:46 PM
But they eliminated the fragments, and raised the prices of lockboxes to compensate. If they havent officially announced that they wont drop keys then it could just be a bug

bwar
04-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Well that's a major bummer.

KodiakX
04-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Yea nothing out of Minors either. So far only getting key frags from Majors and probably Co-Ops.

gmartinqc
04-16-2013, 04:50 PM
All emergencies should either drop keys or at least have a chance to do so, before patch i would hit all the hellbug emergencies and ignore the others.

Gib
04-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Those emergencies were the only way to get enough keys for T3+ lock boxes in a reasonable amount of time. Especially considering the horrible drop rate of good items in the lock boxes. They better have some awesome stuff lined up to compensate for the lack of options when it comes to getting orange items and farming keys.

grunion
04-16-2013, 06:16 PM
I will agree it does suck I also think it was borked earlier as well. Getting 3 or 4 keycodes by simply running around and driving over one enemy from the event. Then just wait for it to be completed by someone or others driving over things as well. Maybe should have dropped it to 1 code or require you to be there when it was completed would have been better.

Gib
04-16-2013, 06:27 PM
I will agree it does suck I also think it was borked earlier as well. Getting 3 or 4 keycodes by simply running around and driving over one enemy from the event. Then just wait for it to be completed by someone or others driving over things as well. Maybe should have dropped it to 1 code or require you to be there when it was completed would have been better.

I agree that it deserved to be nerfed, 4 keys was too much. My problem is there are now no options for getting keys besides Arkfalls. That just doesn't seem right to me.

EDIT: Just remembered that you can get keys through missions. Oh well, I still miss keys from emergency events lol.

grunion
04-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Agreed. They should give something. I wasn't in beta but heard they used to give fragments. Even that was better than nothing. I still do them here and there but mostly ignore them now. Too much effort for the tiny reward. I know its not really much trouble but compared to running a co-op or heading to an arkfall they're almost useless now.

Wabbles
04-16-2013, 06:55 PM
There are currently 4 keycodes sources in-game: Arkfalls, Co-Op, Quest Area Missions and PvP.