PDA

View Full Version : The removal of keys from emergencies is baffling

GhostTLT
04-16-2013, 04:42 PM
It makes the game worse. People get keys to get loot....good loot only comes from lock boxes. Intended or not, people liked to farm keys from emergencies....it was a viable resource gathering method. Now we can't do that.

Dumb decision....no way I'm paying real money for overpriced lock boxes...trion HAD a good base for a game....ugh,

Merrin Nightbringer
04-16-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm going to paste my thoughts about this from another thread....

The only piece of information I want to interject here about Emergency events is this:

They increased loot drops. This equates to more salvage. Which equates to keys.

Is it going to be equal to what we were getting before? Of course not- but let's be honest: it was STUPID easy to get 64 keys farming Emergencies. Now, you'll get a little scrip and some stuff to break to Ark Salvage, and turn into keys.

This, of course, SHOULD translate into a slight bump in loot quality from the boxes (meaning that since we're not getting them as often I would expect the rewards to increase ever so slightly)- but I kinda doubt it will....

alienoid
04-16-2013, 04:46 PM
I don't know, I personnaly don't play for the rewards, hence not farming (pointless anyways, weapons are all the same, as long as they got a 4 part synergy and a crit bonus, it's good enough, be it blue, purple or orange). I just play the events because they are part of the game, nothing much.

Ikagawa
04-16-2013, 04:49 PM
A second thread? Really? You made your first just under 20 minutes ago you spam bot.

SaintRaze
04-16-2013, 04:58 PM
It makes the game worse. People get keys to get loot....good loot only comes from lock boxes. Intended or not, people liked to farm keys from emergencies....it was a viable resource gathering method. Now we can't do that.

Dumb decision....no way I'm paying real money for overpriced lock boxes...trion HAD a good base for a game....ugh,

It wasn't intentionally done, its a glitch.

Wtflag
04-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Actually it is not baffling at all. Anyone could see that the keys per hour rate is far in excess of any other activities.

Coop missions and Arkfalls: 30 minutes for 5 keycodes. 10 keycodes per hour.
Emergencies: 5 minutes (including find time) for 4 keys. 48 keycodes per hour.

Looks really simple to me why it was nerfed. The real problem is lockbox rolls.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?39732-Emergency-key-removal-is-good-lockbox-rolls-are-bad

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 05:04 PM
Actually it is not baffling at all. Anyone could see that the keys per hour rate is far in excess of any other activities.

Coop missions and Arkfalls: 30 minutes for 5 keycodes. 10 keycodes per hour.
Emergencies: 5 minutes (including find time) for 4 keys. 48 keycodes per hour.

Looks really simple to me why it was nerfed.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?39732-Emergency-key-removal-is-good-lockbox-rolls-are-bad

Wasn't nerfed was completely taken out.

SaintRaze
04-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Wasn't nerfed was completely taken out.

It wasn't on purpose, though. Sledge just said Sunday that key drops were working as intended. I doubt he would have said it on forums just to have them delete that coding yesterday.

I'm sure they'll repair it.

mimenl
04-16-2013, 05:12 PM
It wasn't on purpose, though. Sledge just said Sunday that key drops were working as intended. I doubt he would have said it on forums just to have them delete that coding yesterday.

I'm sure they'll repair it.

how much i hope for it to be repaired in some way like 1 or 2 keys an event i dont't think they will

see : http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?36136-bugs-bugs-and-more-bugs-SLEDGE-PLEASE-READ&p=333209&viewfull=1#post333209

question 3

SaintRaze
04-16-2013, 05:16 PM
how much i hope for it to be repaired in some way like 1 or 2 keys an event i dont't think they will

see : http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?36136-bugs-bugs-and-more-bugs-SLEDGE-PLEASE-READ&p=333209&viewfull=1#post333209

question 3

This was before the patch. And notice he said "not all" and not something more like "They aren't supposed to at all"

mimenl
04-16-2013, 05:35 PM
All random event missions are NOT supposed to give datakeys. if i translate that to my language it actually sais they are all not supposed to give keys, in other words exactly what happend after the patch....

might be that that english is not my native language but thats how i read it...

Harnace
04-16-2013, 05:38 PM
The game has terrible rewards as it is, why even make it worse? For example look at co-op missions, totally not worth the effort in doing them if you've already seen the story in every co-op instance and completed every pursuit.

CrusaderG005
04-16-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm going to paste my thoughts about this from another thread....

The only piece of information I want to interject here about Emergency events is this:

They increased loot drops. This equates to more salvage. Which equates to keys.

Is it going to be equal to what we were getting before? Of course not- but let's be honest: it was STUPID easy to get 64 keys farming Emergencies. Now, you'll get a little scrip and some stuff to break to Ark Salvage, and turn into keys.

This, of course, SHOULD translate into a slight bump in loot quality from the boxes (meaning that since we're not getting them as often I would expect the rewards to increase ever so slightly)- but I kinda doubt it will....

It's a game. They increased the loot drops. yay.

if you want to farm then play wow. PS. i haven't received crap from the 10-15 lock boxes that I bought yet because they weren't any better than what I already had earlier.

Pyth
04-16-2013, 05:57 PM
I think giving us a key for doing these isn't going to hurt their bottom line. It would still take 64 events to get a tier 4, but at least it would give us a reason to stop and do them.

Shawnchapp
04-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Lol at people saying buy keys with salvage you're joking right? it costs me like 30k salvage just to open a mod slot on a gun thats scraping over 100 whites to get that salvage but you want me to waste it on keys instead? Lol no

mimenl
04-16-2013, 05:59 PM
yeah great loot drops are upped :) more salvage for keys then just give keys straight away instead of pushing people to slavage all their extra loot. atleast it would save us some trouble if it's really ment to get your keys trough slavaging.

since the inventory isn't endless it will mean pressing yes i want to destory this item over and over :) to just create space to get that extra loot.