PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about getting my money back?

Sabbat
04-16-2013, 05:07 PM
What's the process to go through to get a refund for the game, if I have digitally purchased it?

SaintRaze
04-16-2013, 05:10 PM
What's the process to go through to get a refund for the game, if I have digitally purchased it?

You don't.

Your game isn't defective and you won't get a refund for it from anyone lol

Ikagawa
04-16-2013, 05:17 PM
If you have to ask how to do it, it's not going to happen.

Solo
04-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Truuuuuuuuuuuuuue -Follow that

Nero
04-16-2013, 05:29 PM

Actually you can easily get a refund from Sony. Just call them up be polite and you will have your refund within days.

It worked for a friend of mine.

Also @SaintRaze this game has been classified a problematic by Sony's Customer Support so they are issuing refunds to those that ask.

SaintRaze
04-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Actually you can easily get a refund from Sony. Just call them up be polite and you will have your refund within days.

It worked for a friend of mine.

Also @SaintRaze this game has been classified a problematic by Sony's Customer Support so they are issuing refunds to those that ask.

He never mentioned he was a PS3 player.

Also, I don't really understand that. Yes, it's problematic, but it's still functional and fun

ZombieTech
04-16-2013, 06:24 PM

Erm, I'm really hoping that when people get that refund the proper channels are used so that Trion is nullifying their server access. Would suck to find out that people get a refund, and by leaving the content/files on their console, they're still able to log in and play as much as they want to completely free. Wouldn't be all that fair for anybody else who shelled out the $60 and are out that cost to play.

Rasczak
04-16-2013, 06:45 PM
For PC, you are likely screwed. The only game I know of that offers refunds quickly and easily is ArenaNet for GW2. I got one after 4 weeks in the game and being completely disappointed with it. The process 100% deleted my account, but I expected that. After all, I basically returned the game to them.

I was shocked they did it and even said how to go about requesting it in their support database, because usually refunds are not given for MMOs (or MMO type games).

Zuul
04-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Digitally purchased, I'm assuming it's for PC. It really depends where you got it from. If it's from Steam or GMG, I doubt you'll be getting a refund... go to the respective site and check their refund policies. If you got it straight from Trion, I'd say put in a CS ticket with them requesting a refund. Many companies comply with the request, so it's worth a shot if you really want it.

SaintRaze
04-16-2013, 06:50 PM
A ****** move but... you CAN call your bank if you used Debit and dispute the charge and have it paid back into your account. Depending on your bank they may charge a service fee (anywhere from $2-$10 usually).

That's the only "Refund" you can get, then, after you dispute the charge, you email trion support with your account info saying you disputed the charge and have your account locked (because if it isn't locked and they catch you playing after a charge dispute.. well.. that's fraud and prison time).

That's also how you get sued/arrested. lol
Not a good idea, at all.

I'd just live with it, good game. Just wait for patches before playing if you're that worried about it.

Nero
04-16-2013, 07:09 PM
You can easily get a refund depending on your system, unless you bought it directly from Trion on the PC.

For 360 Players contact Xbox Live and you will get a refund in a few days and they will remove your ability to play the game correctly.

For PS3 Contact Sony Customer Support for a refund and they will revoke your access to the game AFTER they refund it. So you can keep playing until you get your refund finalized.

For the PC if you bought it through a third party like Steam you can easily get a refund through them.

He never mentioned he was a PS3 player.

Also, I don't really understand that. Yes, it's problematic, but it's still functional and fun

He never said he wasn't a PS3 player. If he is having problems to the point of it not being fun to him. He is entitled to a refund by consumer standards. Hell the game could be working perfectly and if he wasn't enjoying it due to some arbitrary yet true reason. He could still get a refund.

Real moral of the story. If someone asks a legitimate question. Answer it, don't criticize the question. He has just as much a right to free information as anyone.

Shinji Ex
04-16-2013, 07:10 PM

You don't.

Nero
04-16-2013, 07:14 PM
You don't.
Incorrect. Refunds are easily obtained. The information just isn't out there.

Ikagawa
04-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Real moral of the story. If someone asks a legitimate question. Answer it, don't criticize the question. He has just as much a right to free information as anyone.

I don't consider basic knowledge as a legitimate question.

Boss Waters
04-16-2013, 07:18 PM

Oh the irony.

Valethar
04-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Trion does not ensure continuous or error-free access or availability of any in-game content, feature, or sever and may change, modify, disable, suspend, or remove any such content, feature or server at it's sole discretion.

That pretty much says it all. You can try to talk whomever you purchased it from into giving you a refund, but don't be surprised if you don't get one.

Nero
04-16-2013, 07:24 PM
I don't consider basic knowledge as a legitimate question.
Fair point, but it can be difficult to get accurate information regarding refunds as 90% of the time refund policies are difficult to navigate through. Now if there had been 30 threads on this or a sticky. I would completely agree.

Nero
04-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Oh the irony.

Please humor me with what question I have criticized?