PDA

View Full Version : So this games not free to play anymore?

PRE
03-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Just to confirm specifically for ps3 this game will not be free to play?

I remember reading on the ps blog about this being a free to play digital title... now there's a $60 price tag? lol zero advertising, zero hype, zero information... not sure if I'll be dropping the cash on a game that's most likely dead on arrival

kylevtr
03-15-2013, 12:50 PM
why you here then

TheFool
One time fee of $60. Just like most other games.

Desidus

I remember reading on the ps blog about this being a free to play digital title... now there's a $60 price tag? lol zero advertising, zero hype, zero information... not sure if I'll be dropping the cash on a game that's most likely dead on arrival

Its never been a F2P (Free to Play) its a B2P (Buy 2 Play) meaning that you buy the game and it is free forever after that. You never need make another purchase... you can make other purchases but the game is entirely and completely playable without another purchase.

Hope this helps

suicd3grunt

Actually, it's always been Buy to play.

duction
03-15-2013, 12:51 PM
theres always one lol

Dead_Phoenix
03-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Yea as the others have said this has always been a one off buy game. Nothings changed, either you were looking at another game, or have misread something

PRE
03-15-2013, 12:53 PM
@desidus Thanks, just was wondering since last I heard which was months ago it was free to play...

It seems like a cool concept but I'm not convinced on a purchase yet, on ps3 there is no hype and little mention of this game anywhere it has me worried... for an mmo you kind of need players

DJTrig
03-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Don't slam the door on the way out please :).

This game has never been F2P,the first official word on the structure was that it would be B2P (i know because that was why i waited before coming on-board).There were rumours of it being free and there were some of it being sub'ed before said announcement.

Aaricane
03-15-2013, 12:55 PM
@desidus Thanks, just was wondering since last I heard which was months ago it was free to play...

It seems like a cool concept but I'm not convinced on a purchase yet, on ps3 there is no hype and little mention of this game anywhere it has me worried... for an mmo you kind of need playersOhh it will have enough players don't worry:)

Desidus
03-15-2013, 12:57 PM

It seems like a cool concept but I'm not convinced on a purchase yet, on ps3 there is no hype and little mention of this game anywhere it has me worried... for an mmo you kind of need players

LOL yeah there is a long beta for PS3 so go hunt down a beta code for it.. (they are out there) and or just apply for the beta and hope you get in. (I have a feeling they will take most PS3 people) If you do feel free to add your name in the list that I started in the PS3 forums and I will add you to my friends if you want.

BTW though start up may be a bit slower than most I expect there to be an influx of people after April 15... so I am not too concerned

TheFool
03-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Ohh it will have enough players don't worry:)

Judging by the ps3 sub forum, Which is not speaking for everyone, but it seems pretty dead on ps3. Next to nothing for clans or active forum posters. Most here are xbox and pc :/ I might get the game for both consoles though just to see.

Kantazo
03-15-2013, 12:59 PM

Sorry OP but what you read was that the game would not have a monthly subscription, no that was free to play, big difference, this game it is awesome, so give it a try. The Beta is free right now, so just go and sign for it.

SuperFiasco
03-15-2013, 01:02 PM
I have the same fears about the hype of this game. Its so close to coming out but I hear nothing about this game. I really love the idea of this game but Even up to this point everything justy seems like an idea yet to be seen. A lot of sites are not even doing any coverage on this game. In the end I really want to like this game. I just really hope it turns out atleast half as good as it sounds.

Desidus
03-15-2013, 01:04 PM
I have the same fears about the hype of this game. Its so close to coming out but I hear nothing about this game. I really love the idea of this game but Even up to this point everything justy seems like an idea yet to be seen. A lot of sites are not even doing any coverage on this game. In the end I really want to like this game. I just really hope it turns out atleast half as good as it sounds.

We all are hoping that of course, but good thoughts from alpha testers, quite thorough video live streams that show very good gameplay, and an MMO team that knows what they are doing have given me pretty good confidence in this game.

I could be disappointed I just doubt that I will be.

SuperFiasco
03-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Yeah I agree. I have never played any of there games but doing research they do review well. So That does give me some hope.

Kantazo
03-15-2013, 01:08 PM
OP check this stream it may make you change your mind

http://www.twitch.tv/drchiz

Desidus
03-15-2013, 01:10 PM
OP check this stream it may make you change your mind

http://www.twitch.tv/drchiz

change his mind in which direction? lol.

Kantazo
03-15-2013, 01:13 PM
To the North hopefully he is going West to the Pacific. LOL

I think in the beginning grouping is going to be the trick, after you learn the ropes you may well solo, but seems in the beginning solo is not such a good idea.

Shogo_Yahagi
03-15-2013, 01:16 PM
The OP was probably confused because PSN recently started offering true F2P games, including an MMO shooter. Given that DUST 514 is both purchase-free and subscription-free, I can see that it would be easy to get confused if you hear someone say that Defiance is free to play.

I know when I first looked up the Defiance pre-order packages, they had "No subscription required" listed in the wrong part of the description. The way it was listed, it looked like you would have to pre-order to avoid paying a subscription fee. I almost dismissed it out of hand until I saw on the forums that there was no subscription fee regardless of whether you pre-order or not.

PRE
LOL yeah there is a long beta for PS3 so go hunt down a beta code for it.. (they are out there) and or just apply for the beta and hope you get in. (I have a feeling they will take most PS3 people) If you do feel free to add your name in the list that I started in the PS3 forums and I will add you to my friends if you want.

BTW though start up may be a bit slower than most I expect there to be an influx of people after April 15... so I am not too concerned

I got invited to the first beta wave on pc, don't got a pc and signed up on ps3... I'm hoping for a code for this weeks beta I love the idea of the game and will most likely be picking it up

Desidus
To the North hopefully he is going West to the Pacific. LOL

I think in the beginning grouping is going to be the trick, after you learn the ropes you may well solo, but seems in the beginning solo is not such a good idea.

You have to be more careful solo thats for sure... Im actually hoping that they increase the ramp up difficulty as honestly people in large groups are having way too easy of a time with the missions.

Kantazo
03-15-2013, 01:22 PM
I want to have fun, create a fun area and a hardcore crybaby your eyes out bleeding like a chicken area.

Defy
03-15-2013, 02:01 PM
I think it was always Buy to Play?

but once you buy it you can play it as much as you want no monthly fee or subscriptions

JMadFour
03-15-2013, 10:12 PM

maybe you were confusing Defiance with Dust 514.

Dust IS F2P.

JMadFour
03-15-2013, 10:17 PM

honestly, I'd rather see a game with little to no Pre-release Hype, turn out to be a pretty good game that everyone seems to like (like, Rift, Dragon's Dogma), rather than a Hyped-to-the-moon game that turns out to be a POS(like...Age of Conan, SWTOR, etc.)

Foxhop
03-15-2013, 10:27 PM
I don' believe this game was ever f2p and thank goodness.

Buruko
03-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Cruise these forums, it's got all the hype you can handle. We are an excited bunch of fans!

A s0t
03-15-2013, 10:33 PM
from the FAQ
Q. Is there going to be a subscription fee like your average MMORPG?
A. No. The game is "buy to play". In other words, you purchase the retail copy of the game, and then enjoy the game without having to pay additional fees per month.

Desidus
03-15-2013, 10:35 PM
from the FAQ
Q. Is there going to be a subscription fee like your average MMORPG?
A. No. The game is "buy to play". In other words, you purchase the retail copy of the game, and then enjoy the game without having to pay additional fees per month.

lol wow you just had to be official about it didn't you? ;)

A s0t
03-15-2013, 10:37 PM
lol wow you just had to be official about it didn't you? ;)
was hoping you would throw a book at me, part of the master plan but you foiled it

Desidus
03-15-2013, 10:50 PM
was hoping you would throw a book at me, part of the master plan but you foiled it

yeah well I can't be that predictable.. I will save it for a time when its less predictable.

Rabid Cat
03-15-2013, 11:44 PM
When Trion was making Rift there was almost no big publicity hype during development. Once it went live however, you couldn't go on the web without seeing Rift advertising everywhere. Maybe that's why it seems there is no hype.... yet. I'm sure we will be seeing Defiance everywhere in the coming weeks.

Rizzy
03-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Dont be scared about the lack of hype. The last mmo trion did which was rift didnt have that much hype if i remember correctly not as much as your huge market games definately. That game launched well and has definitely dipped in subs there is a solid community behind that game and was going very very strong for awhile. I think when people who haven't experienced Trion and how they work and the quality they put out the word will get around. I don't want a ton of people at launch clogs up the zones

ZombieTech
03-16-2013, 12:10 AM
*Scrolls thread up and down to make sure he hasn't already replied*

http://i.imgur.com/xwaNA.gif

Deja Vu? I literally just triple-checked... wasn't there already another thread almost identical to this pretty much saying the same thing? I almost want to say the fact people are "just finding out" are BS trying to stir either bad image for Trion, or make PS3 users look dumb. Most people have been already saying for awhile this is a buy-to-play game much like how Guild Wars works. I'm a big fan of the PS3 console... but wow, really?