PDA

View Full Version : Is there going to be lore friendly PvP?

fuzzynaru
06-06-2012, 02:13 PM
I wonder if and how they are going to incorporate into the lore (if they have it at all)? It would be cool if it was you were captured by human enemies and forced to fight each other.

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 02:34 PM
I think it would be great if it did tie in with the "Lore" but I think it would be better if battles in PvP effected the television series. That would be awesome!

fuzzynaru
06-06-2012, 02:38 PM
That would be nice

Cyber
06-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Perhaps if the Votan are a playable race then setting up Human vs. Votan PvP doesn't seem like a stretch.

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 03:29 PM
I really need to read this Lore.. lol

Cyber
06-06-2012, 03:31 PM
I really need to read this Lore.. lol

Just read the different sections of the main site for a jump start on it :)

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Will do! Thank you very much, kind sir :)

Escyos
06-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Perhaps if the Votan are a playable race then setting up Human vs. Votan PvP doesn't seem like a stretch.

I'm sure that you can play at least 8 different races (7 alien and humans) based on the fact that the character screens in one of the gameplay videos had info that said "Race: Human".

Adsinonimous
06-07-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm sure that you can play at least 8 different races (7 alien and humans) based on the fact that the character screens in one of the gameplay videos had info that said "Race: Human".

Oh, really? Wow, I must look into this!

fuzzynaru
06-07-2012, 02:33 PM
That sounds good, now i wonder if the races have different abilities.

Adsinonimous
06-07-2012, 02:42 PM
That sounds good, now i wonder if the races have different abilities.

Wouldn't suprise me if there were racial abilities but I highly doubt it. I love contradicting myself, don't I?

Nemajneb
06-07-2012, 05:18 PM
If they made it so the tv series reflected on the pvp...this will be revolutionary! *Assuming its not a bunch of BGS

Adsinonimous
06-07-2012, 05:56 PM
If they made it so the tv series reflected on the pvp...this will be revolutionary! *Assuming its not a bunch of BGS

I also think it would be pretty awesome but it may leave some people out who do not like the pvp aspect of games. We'll just have to wait and see! :D

Rider Of death
06-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Very exciting!

Escyos
06-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Wouldn't suprise me if there were racial abilities but I highly doubt it. I love contradicting myself, don't I?

I think abilities are based on the kind of weapons and tech you have on you.

Adsinonimous
06-08-2012, 03:17 AM
I think abilities are based on the kind of weapons and tech you have on you.

That makes sense. So if you had a bio weapon you could use shoot parasites into someone or just whack them in the head for a normal attack?

Nemajneb
06-08-2012, 08:10 AM
I just hope its full owpvp...

Adsinonimous
06-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Well apparently, the skills you get are based on what weapons you are carrying but I don't see why that would exclude any racial abilities that I would also love to see.

Escyos
06-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Well apparently, the skills you get are based on what weapons you are carrying but I don't see why that would exclude any racial abilities that I would also love to see.

Well chances are certain races will be faster and others will be stronger, but I'm thinking there will be no weapon or tech denied to anyone to make it more realistic.

Curiel
06-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Well chances are certain races will be faster and others will be stronger, but I'm thinking there will be no weapon or tech denied to anyone to make it more realistic.

What if they do that whole district 9 thing.That could add a fun spin on the races

Escyos
06-08-2012, 09:00 PM
What if they do that whole district 9 thing.That could add a fun spin on the races

Like that the ones who built the tech are gone and only the common folk are left?

Curiel
06-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Like that the ones who built the tech are gone and only the common folk are left?

What i mean is that you could only use the weaponry.If you had the right DNA

Escyos
06-09-2012, 09:13 AM
What i mean it that you could only use the weaponry.If you had the right DNA

Yea I suppose that could work, but there would have to be weapons on the humans could use as well otherwise everybody would pick the alien races instead of humans.

Quizzical Harpy
06-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Just a wee bit of Thoroar's Theory Time:

PvP could be some sort of training program for the inhabitants of defiance. You could have warfronts with interesting components to see if you are a good soldier or, don't beat me up for this, arenas. It could fit well in with the lore as training grounds and to make it in the open world and not instance it you could have rings or pit where 2 or more players fight it out for everyone to see. You could put up an invisible wall just to separate things out.

Cyber
06-11-2012, 08:43 AM

PvP could be some sort of training program for the inhabitants of defiance. You could have warfronts with interesting components to see if you are a good soldier or, don't beat me up for this, arenas. It could fit well in with the lore as training grounds and to make it in the open world and not instance it you could have rings or pit where 2 or more players fight it out for everyone to see. You could put up an invisible wall just to separate things out.

The idea of arenas usually does fit into apocalyptic lore type games, so I can't see why it wouldn't work here. And given that many MMO players and FPS players alike really enjoy PvP, it would be odd for them to develop Defiance without at least arena type PvP. The idea of weaving the PvP into the soldier training is a cool idea, although there may need to be an option to skip it, because not all players like PvP.

I still hope for open PvP zones too though :)

Shrapnil
06-11-2012, 11:00 AM

I like the idea of "training camps" or " Test your might" if you will, arenas.

As for open world pvp. I am waiting till some developer brings it back. Make it important and have a point instead of just a daily quest. I think swtor was on the right track, but they just did not have the hardware to back up the process.

Nemajneb
06-11-2012, 10:37 PM
I like the idea of "training camps" or " Test your might" if you will, arenas.

As for open world pvp. I am waiting till some developer brings it back. Make it important and have a point instead of just a daily quest. I think swtor was on the right track, but they just did not have the hardware to back up the process.

Would be so dissappointing if this game didn't come with mass owpvp