PDA

View Full Version : What is the point (post-patch) of doing Emergencies / Random events?

Hiten
04-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Ok, so Trion removed Keycodes as a reward from Emergencies (apparently people were farming some of these events non-stop, as a few offered several keys for a short completion time)...

...but other than the keys, there are *NO* rewards besides a tiny bit of salvage and a tiny bit of scrip/xp.

I dunno about ya'll, but I *rarely* saw anyone doing Emergencies as it was, and I play on both PC and PS3. Which is sad, because it'd be really cool to see lots of people engaged in these events all of the time; you know, kind of like we're all battling to keep control of the Bay Area...I mean, wasn't this the point?

So - I ask you all: what is the point of doing these events now?

Seems to me I can obtain salvage/scrip much faster doing just about anything else in the game. Hell, some of the Emergencies are actually pretty tough (pretty much talking solo play here) and can take a while to complete.

FYI - Of course I agree that Arkfalls and Co-op should offer more keys. I just do not understand why they didn't buff the key drops from Arkfalls and Co-op, and *at most* reduce the keys from Emergencies down to 1-2. IMO, removing them /entirely/ removes peoples motivation /entirely/ from doing the damned things at all...at least until the loot system is fixed/not centric around lockboxes.

EDIT: I've devised my own potential fix to this situation, and I think it benefits all parties without going overboard on the loot/key potential. Please read and discuss; I pasted it below.

My idea for a fix:

1. Reduce the number of Emergencies available at any time in the world by ~50%.

2. 1 key drop minimum per Emergency, up to 3. 1 = easy/solo, 2 = medium difficulty, solo-able though will take time (15-20m). 3 = requires a team.

3. Increase both Arkfall and Co-op instance key drops (I can't recall how many they give, so let's just say double the current amount).

4. Profit?

What do ya'll think? Balanced? Stupid? Should Trion hire me? I do live in Austin and they do have a major office here... ;)

* 3.5. Institute a hard-cap on the number of Emergency key drops you can get, per 8 hour block. Let's just say it'd be capped at 64. One T4 box per 8 hours. Up to 2 per day if you are a "hardcore player." Technically 3 if you are a cyborg who never sleeps. This is debatable, depending on your stance on "caps" or maximum "daily" rewards, thus it is a footnote or "possible addition" to my fix, hehe. Kudos to Taaltos for the suggestion.

GhostTLT
04-16-2013, 07:48 PM
You aren't the only one....there's been about 30 topics tonight about this issue alone.....makes the game less fun imo

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Ok, so Trion removed Keycodes as a reward from Emergencies (apparently people were farming some of these events non-stop, as a few offered several keys for a short completion time)...

...but other than the keys, there are *NO* rewards besides a tiny bit of salvage and a tiny bit of scrip/xp.

I dunno about ya'll, but I *rarely* saw anyone doing Emergencies as it was, and I play on both PC and PS3. Which is sad, because it'd be really cool to see lots of people engaged in these events all of the time; you know, kind of like we're all battling to keep control of the Bay Area...I mean, wasn't this the point?

Seems to me I can obtain salvage/scrip much faster doing just about anything else in the game. Hell, some of the Emergencies are actually pretty tough (pretty much talking solo play here) and can take a while to complete.

FYI - Of course I agree that Arkfalls and Co-op should offer more keys. I just do not understand why they didn't buff the key drops from Arkfalls and Co-op, and *at most* reduce the keys from Emergencies down to 1-2.

I guess in theory the added gun droprate should compensate in some extent. I already get 2-4 white items in general when doing emergencies anyway, prepatch.

Hiten
04-16-2013, 07:50 PM
I already get 2-4 white items in general when doing emergencies anyway, prepatch.

Well...I get 2-4 white items just murdering random mobs out in the world...in the same amount of time it takes to complete an Emergency! So I fail to see your point there! ;)

oexto
04-16-2013, 07:51 PM
When did people stop playing games because they were fun? When did everything in a game have to have a reward? When did everything have to be able to be accomplished by everyone or it wasn't "fair"? Sometimes thing are just fun to do and don't always have to have some carrot in order for people to do it.

smh. So many people complain they won't do something unless they get something for it.

Nero
04-16-2013, 07:52 PM
When did people stop playing games because they were fun? When did everything in a game have to have a reward? When did everything have to be able to be accomplished by everyone or it wasn't "fair"? Sometimes thing are just fun to do and don't always have to have some carrot in order for people to do it.

smh. So many people complain they won't do something unless they get something for it.

Rewards make it fun. Otherwise its just pretty mindless are there are much better games for mindless fun.

Saber024
04-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Rewards make it fun. Otherwise its just pretty mindless are there are much better games for mindless fun.

agreed. looting is an integral part of Defiance.

Hiten
04-16-2013, 07:55 PM

Thanks for the rant, but it's unnecessary. Nowhere did I say, "I won't do Emergencies if I don't get any keys/loot!" Did I? I mean, feel free to quote me if I have all of a sudden gone full-r3tard or something.

What I /did/ say, is that I feel it removes peoples motivations for doing them. Let's face it, you're half right: there are a lot of people whose sole motivation to "do things" is because of the reward factor. However, even though I am not necessarily one of those people, *they* are likely the ones who would come to assist me in completion of an Emergency, or perhaps even engage one on their own (hence I can come help them! yay for socialization!).

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 07:57 PM
Well...I get 2-4 white items just murdering random mobs out in the world...in the same amount of time it takes to complete an Emergency! So I fail to see your point there! ;)

Emergency just has them at a convenient place, instead of searching around. Also, emergency spawns mobs faster (entirely dependant on how fast you kill, and since they spawn around a small area, they're easy to kill fast)..

Another
04-16-2013, 07:58 PM

Random Instances are ALL THE SAME.

Step 1: See person needing aid/Turret needing activation
Step 2: More baddies spawn
Step 3: Kill baddies
Step 4: More baddies spawn
Step 5: Kill baddies

Done. That's fun for you?

chefwhitey
04-16-2013, 08:00 PM

I agree with you if there was enough content to play in the game. This game is way to short. Whats the point to play a game that has no more missions to play! It feels like any other single player game out there that you beat and will never play again. For some people what they nerfed was everything that made the game fun to keep playing for them!

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 08:01 PM

Hellbug events has more variety though, admittedly.

oexto
04-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the rant, but it's unnecessary. Nowhere did I say, "I won't do Emergencies if I don't get any keys/loot!" Did I? I mean, feel free to quote me if I have all of a sudden gone full-r3tard or something.

What I /did/ say, is that I feel it removes peoples motivations for doing them. Let's face it, you're half right: there are a lot of people whose sole motivation to "do things" is because of the reward factor. However, even though I am not necessarily one of those people, *they* are likely the ones who would come to assist me in completion of an Emergency, or perhaps even engage one on their own (hence I can come help them! yay for socialization!).

Calm your **** there buddy....I know this is the internet and all, but just because I posted in a thread you made, doesn't mean it was an all out assault on you. I was just commenting in the thread about why everything you do in games these days has to have some reward attached to it. You're the one that made a thread titled, and then again later in the post stated:

"what is the point of doing these events now?"

Implying that there must be a reward attached to doing them. You're not the only one that is complaining about it, or any other activity in any other game. Somewhere along the line a generation of gamers decided they were entitled to a cookie at the end of every deed, and if they didn't get it, fail-doom-broken-boring-etc. So, not sure where what I said was a "rant"...but whatever. You made a topic, I made a comment, which I thought was encouraged by the mere fact you posted the thread.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-16-2013, 08:02 PM

who the hell would want to repeat anything without getting something. game is already repetitive enough and now have to grind same annoying things to get anything. increase in **** white items doesn't do **** unless you really want to deal with the asinine salvage matrix to breakdown the items. between the constantly resetting pursuits, glitches, co-op not always working plus no real rewards for completing, 2 freaking pvp maps, lotteryboxes, having to rely on luck to find a usefull item etc.... just feel liks everyday brings new reason not to play

chefwhitey
04-16-2013, 08:03 PM

And if you get nothing really from them then there is no point to play them! All events should drop at least 1 key code. and possibly more depending on the difficulty of the enemies you are facing!

ChipNinja

I post a counter question.

Considering the fact that this game doesn't make you money (or do anything constructive at all really), costs you money but only gives you a license to use digital items until the server is shut down at an unspecified time and date (whenever someone else feels like it's time), what's the point in playing the game at all?

So yeah, if you can figure out why you pay to use something you don't actually own - you'll find the answer to your own question.

Another
Calm your **** there buddy....I know this is the internet and all, but just because I posted in a thread you made, doesn't mean it was an all out assault on you. I was just commenting in the thread about why everything you do in games these days has to have some reward attached to it. You're the one that made a thread titled, and then again later in the post stated:

Implying that there must be a reward attached to doing them. You're not the only one that is complaining about it, or any other activity in any other game. Somewhere along the line a generation of gamers decided they were entitled to a cookie at the end of every deed, and if they didn't get it, fail-doom-broken-boring-etc. So, not sure where what I said was a "rant"...but whatever. You made a topic, I made a comment, which I thought was encouraged by the mere fact you posted the thread.

It doesn't look like he's angry, it looks like you're the one who's angry atm.

chefwhitey
04-16-2013, 08:05 PM
who the hell would want to repeat anything without getting something. game is already repetitive enough and now have to grind same annoying things to get anything. increase in **** white items doesn't do **** unless you really want to deal with the asinine salvage matrix to breakdown the items. between the constantly resetting pursuits, glitches, co-op not always working plus no real rewards for completing, 2 freaking pvp maps, lotteryboxes, having to rely on luck to find a usefull item etc.... just feel liks everyday brings new reason not to play

Word of mouth is what is getting more people into this game! With everything that is listed above, Word of mouth is going to make this game die!

Youkai Risu
04-16-2013, 08:06 PM
I definatetly agree, Trion needs to get their act together and actually reward us for fighting these side missions.......90 scrip is STUPID! I want my key codes back! There could have been restrictions not burn us all for other peoples farming tactics.

Hiten
04-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Calm your **** there buddy....I know this is the internet and all, but just because I posted in a thread you made, doesn't mean it was an all out assault on you.

I didn't take it as such, and I thought I made a pretty cohesive response to your post. You "ranted" about how the so-called "modern day gamer" feels the need to have rewards in order to complete content. Nowhere did I make such a statement, though I do partly agree with that observation, as I stated in my response to your post.

Another

Considering the fact that this game doesn't make you money (or do anything constructive at all really), costs you money but only gives you a license to use digital items until the server is shut down at an unspecified time and date (whenever someone else feels like it's time), what's the point in playing the game at all?

So yeah, if you can figure out why you pay to use something you don't actually own - you'll find the answer to your own question.

You're the reason why these threads derail and ultimately get closed. Be proud :)

I didn't take it as such, and I thought I made a pretty cohesive response to your post. You "ranted" about how the so-called "modern day gamer" feels the need to have rewards in order to complete content. Nowhere did I make such a statement, though I do partly agree with that observation, as I stated in my response to your post.

He was the one who was angry and ranting anyhow.

Yokai
Signed. It make no sense and is just a blatant money grab move by Trion to nudge us to buy very overpriced lockboxes for cash. Even if you're able to earn keycodes at the same rate as before the nerf, it's not like those very few oranges you might get have a good chance of being A), the weapon you want and B) have the right synergy stats and base stats you want.

You could easily acquire 20 oranges and find 19 of them worthless to you and your playstyle. Now? The oranges will come reaaallllll slow. Too slow. Too slow to be fun.

And yes, why stop for emergencies at all? Bad. Move. Trion.

Myst
04-16-2013, 08:08 PM
You guys know those keycodes are 1,000 resources right and it's really easy to get those by breaking down weapons you have used as well as just fighting random enemies. I mean I guess I get some of the complaints but you still have that option of getting keycodes to. -- Unless that was taken out due to the patch ( playing on PS3 so still on the old "build" )

Hiten

Psh, that's easy. Entertainment.

Next question! ;)

Opus

Yeah, I agree with this. Especially since I'm pretty sure I've done every instance and roadside mission at least 10 times each. There are even some (Inspect Derelict Vehicle) where I know exactly where to stand and how many raiders are going to pop out. Without some sort of meaningful reward, they're not really worth doing anymore. You may get some XP and a couple of white item drops, but it would make more sense to just do an ark fall or re-run another mission.

oexto
04-16-2013, 08:09 PM
I agree with you if there was enough content to play in the game. This game is way to short. Whats the point to play a game that has no more missions to play! It feels like any other single player game out there that you beat and will never play again. For some people what they nerfed was everything that made the game fun to keep playing for them!

So removing keys from emergency events is the sole reason to play the game? I'm just not really understanding why people are so completely bent out of shape over this. I mean, you can still trade salvage for keys right? So can't you just take the weapons you get and salvage them to get keys to get boxes?

Is it just the fact that people can't get ENOUGH keys fast enough to buy 20 boxes a day? I don't get it.

Youkai Risu
04-16-2013, 08:10 PM
You guys know those keycodes are 1,000 resources right and it's really easy to get those by breaking down weapons you have used as well as just fighting random enemies. I mean I guess I get some of the complaints but you still have that option of getting keycodes to. -- Unless that was taken out due to the patch ( playing on PS3 so still on the old "build" )

no keycodes are cut down 75% no joke

Taaltos
04-16-2013, 08:11 PM
You can Salvage your white, green, blue useless guns for Resources. Usually a minimum of 250.

You can then buy Keycodes for 1000 resources a piece.

Takes about the same amount of time as your keycode farming.

/shrug

ChipNinja
04-16-2013, 08:11 PM
You're the reason why these threads derail and ultimately get closed. Be proud :)

Ok, I will. And I'll do the thinking for you since you fail to see how it's relevant.

We play games to... what...? That's right have fun. So why do we have different content in the game? Again, to have fun. If we didn't have content in the game we'd be hearing complaints about an empty game world. If everything hands out the exact same reward we'd hear about how all the content is the exact same so why bother do any of it.

I could go on, but considering you don't even seem to think about the point of a post before hitting reply it would really do little good.

Hiten
04-16-2013, 08:14 PM
So removing keys from emergency events is the sole reason to play the game? I'm just not really understanding why people are so completely bent out of shape over this. I mean, you can still trade salvage for keys right? So can't you just take the weapons you get and salvage them to get keys to get boxes?

Is it just the fact that people can't get ENOUGH keys fast enough to buy 20 boxes a day? I don't get it.

I think we all know that you can break down items to get Ark Salvage and exchange them for keys. However, that is not the issue we are discussing. We are discussing the motivation (or lack thereof) of engaging in a "large" (because they're *everywhere*) portion of the game content. That's a big deal, IMO. I think others would agree. I covered all of this in my OP, btw.

(You should probably stop paraphrasing people, because you are clearly interpreting them wrong.)

Taaltos
04-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Bleeeeeeeeh.

Youkai Risu
04-16-2013, 08:15 PM
You can Salvage your white, green, blue useless guns for Resources. Usually a minimum of 250.

/shrug

What!?!?!? umm no it takes it to the extreme and your lucky to get 2 boxes a day at tier 2 and thats 4 arkfalls and tons and tons of quests ect. Its pathetic how badly they nerfed the keycodes and I really think we can force Trion to at least make instances worth our time.

Taaltos
04-16-2013, 08:16 PM
What!?!?!? umm no it takes it to the extreme and your lucky to get 2 boxes a day at tier 2 and thats 4 arkfalls and tons and tons of quests ect. Its pathetic how badly they nerfed the keycodes and I really think we can force Trion to at least make instances worth our time.

I think Keycodes from Instances are a great idea.

GhostTLT
04-16-2013, 08:18 PM
They have no idea how bad this is going to be....they assume people will now buy loot chests? Hahaha no. Especially at the crap drop rate for oranges. Keys are going to be hard to get and needing 64 for a tier 4? People will get bored and move on....so....well done trion, it took one patch to kill the game. If this remains the case then I predict a short run.

Hiten
04-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Since there's bound to be some smart-alec out there who asks me what -my- fix would be...

My idea for a fix:

2. 1 key drop minimum per Emergency, up to 3. 1 = easy/solo, 2 = medium difficulty, solo-able though will take time (15-20m). 3 = requires a team.

3. Increase both Arkfall and Co-op instance key drops (I can't recall how many they give, so let's just say double the current amount).

4. Profit?

What do ya'll think? Balanced? Stupid? Should Trion hire me? I do live in Austin and they do have a major office here... ;)

* 3.5. Institute a hard-cap on the number of Emergency key drops you can get, per 8 hour block. Let's just say it'd be capped at 64. One T4 box per 8 hours. Up to 2 per day if you are a "hardcore player." Technically 3 if you are a cyborg who never sleeps. This is debatable, depending on your stance on "caps" or maximum "daily" rewards, thus it is a footnote or "possible addition" to my fix, hehe. Kudos to Taaltos for the suggestion.

kyxsune
Might as well throw my own hay-penny in the rings as well.
Concise: Not all of these events are created equal. i believe some of the events. like that damn save hostage defuse mines one, or the weapon shipment should. Kill the hellbugs: nope.

Opus
I don't think it's solely about the no. of key code drops. I think it's the no. of key code drops now in addition to the poor purple/orange drop rates from boxes in general. Before, it seemed balanced, but now, not so much.

As I said in another thread, I'd actually be halfway satisfied if I could salvage the key codes for resources. That way I could take those keys, break them down, then add mod slots to the blue and green weapons I do have. (Or salvage a weapon to reclaim mods.) Because really, I'd rather have 64,000 in salvage than take a very big chance on a possible legendary weapon I might not even like.

Taaltos
04-16-2013, 08:22 PM
Since there's bound to be some smart-alec out there who asks me what -my- fix would be...

My idea for a fix:

4. Profit?

What do ya'll think? Balanced? Stupid?

I'd say put a daily cap on Keycode's from emergencies too.

Similar to capping your Random Dungeon Finder rewards in Rift and/or WoW.

Hiten
04-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Might as well throw my own hay-penny in the rings as well.
Concise: Not all of these events are created equal. i believe some of the events. like that damn save hostage defuse mines one, or the weapon shipment should. Kill the hellbugs: nope.

I think you'd agree with my fix then, yeah? :)

GhostTLT
04-16-2013, 08:24 PM
See I love these ideas, but it was boneheaded to just remove them completely

Lollie
04-16-2013, 08:26 PM
I'd say put a daily cap on Keycode's.

I'd say what does it matter if everyone is running around with orange gear anyway. Isn't like the gear is sharply tiered in power, plus there are tons more things to grind for, like getting good mods.

Not like orange gear even drops out of a lockbox that often, so it's still a grind if that's the look they're going for - even if people actually get their hands on the keycodes.

And why don't they just concentrate on outfits, cars, and fluff items in the cash shop instead of trying to sell gear with stats (lockboxes are effectively them selling gear for real money). Whole thing seems shady, and ill-planned.

kyxsune
04-16-2013, 08:26 PM

My idea for a fix:

4. Profit?

Its well balanced, but wouldn't decreasing the number of Emergencies by half make the world feel empty? I don't know how others play but I flat out ignore the random mobs, and complete Emergencies/instances on my way two the contract zones.

Hiten
04-16-2013, 08:27 PM
I'd say put a daily cap on Keycode's from emergencies too.

Similar to capping your Random Dungeon Finder rewards in Rift and/or WoW.

I'd agree with this. Though I'd rather see it operate on an 8 hour basis (or something similiar) rather than "per day." That way the major players can still profit beyond what the "casuals" are also able to achieve, though not ridiculously so.

Edited my previous post to reflect the key-cap. Though this can be seen as a point of contention, so I starred it.

Hiten
04-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Its well balanced, but wouldn't decreasing the number of Emergencies by half make the world feel empty? I don't know how others play but I flat out ignore the random mobs, and complete Emergencies/instances on my way two the contract zones.

Honestly? I really don't think so. I hardly see people completing them as it is (pre-patch), and it actually feels like there are *too many* right now. I can't drive for 20 seconds without seeing yet another Emergency! Haha.

Jeff Kaos
04-16-2013, 08:39 PM
I agree with OP, there should be some sort of tangible reward for doing emergencies. If Trion is going to remove keys as rewards maybe there should be something than makes the completion of emergencies reflect in the world, like if so many emergencies in a zone are completed each week then the enemies in that zone are slightly weaker and if a minimum of emergencies aren't then mobs get slightly more powerful in these zones. Another idea might be that every time a player completes an emergency they get some sort of minor buff that lasts for a few hours like a small damage or damage resistance buff. These are just some ideas and not something I'd actively lobby for.

Shawnchapp
04-16-2013, 08:40 PM
Honestly? I really don't think so. I hardly see people completing them as it is (pre-patch), and it actually feels like there are *too many* right now. I can't drive for 20 seconds without seeing yet another Emergency! Haha.

I rarely do themLol i find they just get in the way when I'm driving around... wouldn't be so bad if the FoV was good but sadly the FoV sucks so i end just running into them Lol

CReaper210
04-16-2013, 08:45 PM
They really did this? Wow. Even less content for me to do...
I wonder when they will reduce all XP we gained by 50% and change the paid boosts to +50%.
Well, if I don't get anything useful for doing the emergency events, that will just be another thing I am NEVER doing on top of the rampages and time trials. I can sell a gun for the same scrip that I get for doing the emergency events.

Hiten
04-16-2013, 08:51 PM
I can sell a gun for the same scrip that I get for doing the emergency events.

This is a big, BIG part of the issue. Motivation. Why spend the time doing these Emergency events, when the rewards are absolutely minimal for time invested? As in, you can earn just as much scrip/xp/salvage just by doing...anything else involving combat...in the same amount of time, while progressing your storyline, etc.

It just doesn't seem like a well-thought out maneuver by the Trion staff. It wasn't - contrary to what some conspiracy-theorists might believe - a change made to force/persuade you to buy Bits to get those precious lockboxes; it was to curb the easily-farmable Emergency events that handed out lots of keycodes such as "Hellbug Extermination" or "Skitterlings!" or whatever the heck they were.

In typical MMO fashion, they "over-nerfed" the Emergency rewards. Not the first time I've seen a game mechanic obliterated because of a small group of farmers exploiting the same thing over and over, and certainly won't be the last I'm sure. I just hope Trion realizes their mistake and is quick to rectify it before they start losing players, etc.

Devin
04-16-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm SEVERELY disappointed with Trion and how the first patches have been Anarchy Online-style nerfnerfnerfnerfnerf....

I was having fun and the first major patch has lessened that fun and made me feel extremely worried that they're going to choose the wrong path to take the game and destroy PVE in the interest of PVP balance despite the fact they are COMPLETELY different and incompatible game modes and should thus be balanced seperately.

And the keycode thing kinda feels like Hey, lets make the game less fun and more grind! That's always smart!

Valethar
04-16-2013, 09:11 PM
I used to do them regularly to get keys and replace weapons as I leveled them via the lockboxes. Now I just pass them by most of the time. There's little point in doing them given the craptastic rewards for completing them.

Many are also bugged and don't complete properly (despite the patch notes stating otherwise) and don't give the meager rewards they do have, and leave the banner at the top of the screen following you everywhere else you go. The only way I've found to clear this is to log out and back in again.

Most days, between Arkfalls and the emergency missions, I'd end up opening several lockboxes over the course of the day. I've yet to open one today.

Jack Johnson
04-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Let's be honest... 4 keycodes was an absurdly high amount of keycodes. If you can't accept that there's no discussion to be had.

That said, removing ALL of the keycodes is a huge mistake. Keycodes are pretty much THE reason to do stuff (in-game at least, I mean obviously fun matters too). Scrip is worthless, and the returns on XP are pretty minimal, and eventually once you hit 4000 EGO you won't get any return on it anymore. Having zero keycodes means almost no reason to do those encounters. I understand that if you compare the effort to do a minor arkfall to the effort required to do an emergency they both can't reward 1 keycode, but the solution is either to buff minor arkfalls or give key fragments.

Hiten
04-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Let's be honest... 4 keycodes was an absurdly high amount of keycodes. If you can't accept that there's no discussion to be had.

That said, removing ALL of the keycodes is a huge mistake.

For sure I can say that I was/am being honest; I agree that 4+ keys was too much (hence my "fix" offers 3, MAX, and this would be a "hard mode" style Emergency requiring a team to complete). I also agree in buffing Arkfall (all of them) and Co-op key rewards.

Discuss :D

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 09:35 PM

That said, removing ALL of the keycodes is a huge mistake. Keycodes are pretty much THE reason to do stuff (in-game at least, I mean obviously fun matters too). Scrip is worthless, and the returns on XP are pretty minimal, and eventually once you hit 4000 EGO you won't get any return on it anymore. Having zero keycodes means almost no reason to do those encounters. I understand that if you compare the effort to do a minor arkfall to the effort required to do an emergency they both can't reward 1 keycode, but the solution is either to buff minor arkfalls or give key fragments.

Or more loot to salvage, which has more or less the same effect. (Also, they need to let us mass salvage/sell)

Jack Johnson
04-16-2013, 09:36 PM
For sure I can say that I was/am being honest; I agree that 4+ keys was too much (hence my "fix" offers 3, MAX, and this would be a "hard mode" style Emergency requiring a team to complete). I also agree in buffing Arkfall (all of them) and Co-op key rewards.

I would love hardmode emergencies... although one could argue that arkfalls are supposed to be hardmode arkfalls.

Speaking of hardmode... why aren't there hardmode instances?

CReaper210
04-16-2013, 09:39 PM

How so? It would take you about an hour and a half to max out all of the keycodes. Which doesn't seem long, I admit, but what is the reward for them? A 2% chance for a rare weapon? It's not like lock boxes instantly give you 4 rare weapons. You get a TINY chance to get something good. I thought this was the way it should be.
But I agree about rewarding more. Arkfalls(and events minus the keycodes) don't reward enough.

Hiten
04-17-2013, 01:15 PM
For justice~

Kommissar Kaede
04-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Right now the best explanation I see is that clearing a dynamic encounter opens that spot for the Pilgrim event to spawn in.

Shogo_Yahagi
04-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Reward for effort is a basic principle of game theory. How has Trion lost sight of that?

Wanderer
04-17-2013, 01:23 PM

Three is still way too much, Arkfalls give 5 and those take four times the length as an emergency, and it would be a waste to make a group one they would be better off making new co-ops, as those are suppose to grant key codes at the end of it. I think at most emergencies should grant 1, maybe two if you clear it out quickly or fill some other unique requirment

Wanderer
04-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Reward for effort is a basic principle of game theory. How has Trion lost sight of that?

you get rewarded from them, Skript, XP, Weapon Skill....they take less then a minute to do sometimes what more do you want ?

Hiten
04-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Three is still way too much, Arkfalls give 5 and those take four times the length as an emergency, and it would be a waste to make a group one they would be better off making new co-ops, as those are suppose to grant key codes at the end of it. I think at most emergencies should grant 1, maybe two if you clear it out quickly or fill some other unique requirment

No, it's not, and I highly suggest you read the entire OP before you post in my thread. Thanks.

(Because if you did actually take 10 seconds to read, you would see where I said Arkfalls and Co-ops need a major buff in keycodes)

you get rewarded from them, Skript, XP, Weapon Skill....they take less then a minute to do sometimes what more do you want ?

Now I think you are just trolling. Either post constructively or I'll report you. Thanks.

Technodude
04-17-2013, 01:27 PM

Because fun is subjective? for you blowing things is fun for others blowing things up and getting good loot for it is fun.

Unless you have some kind of patent on 'fun' don't tell other how to have 'fun'.

Azrael008uk
04-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Are they not offering more XP now?

I do them because I enjoy them and also because I have a soft spot for "setting the captives free".

They seemed to be paying a bit more XP or I might just be seeing things.

I am beneffitting from the XP bonus for being a day 1 player but then I had that XP bonus before the patch was applied as well.

Az

Wanderer
04-17-2013, 01:31 PM
No, it's not, and I highly suggest you read the entire OP before you post in my thread. Thanks.

(Because if you did actually take 10 seconds to read, you would see where I said Arkfalls and Co-ops need a major buff in keycodes)

Now I think you are just trolling. Either post constructively or I'll report you. Thanks.

LOL report me do it please, I did Read the OP and I do not agree, Arkfalls and Co-Ops do not need a buff either, and Skipt XP and weapon skill is your intended reward....Dont like it....Dont do the emergency its pretty simple. See you on your other thread :)

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?36136-bugs-bugs-and-more-bugs-SLEDGE-PLEASE-READ&p=333209&viewfull=1#post333209
from sledghammer himself

Avelya
04-17-2013, 01:37 PM

/shrug

It is about ( it's still slower ) the same time right now BECAUSE Trion gave us the 7 days loot boost for free because they made a terrible launch ( and arguably game )... Once that goes away, the drops will be horrible like they were before.

Man With No Name
04-17-2013, 01:46 PM
OMG, I have to grind in a game to get rewards!? You mean rewards are not handed to me!? Time to throw the game away.

Hiten
04-17-2013, 01:51 PM
and Skipt XP and weapon skill is your intended reward....Dont like it....Dont do the emergency its pretty simple.

...and you really think this is acceptable? Going by the responses since the patch, I'd say 95%+ of people would say: no, no it is not. Like I said, I hardly saw people doing Emergencies as it was, and now there is no reason at all to do them. EVERYTHING else in the game offers the same rewards: scrip, salvage, xp. In fact, I can earn them faster by NOT doing Emergencies and instead doing other things. Do you not see the problem here?

I'm fine with you not agreeing, but you are in the clear minority, and confronting others like they are dumb to expect more, is trolling.

Hiten
04-17-2013, 01:53 PM
OMG, I have to grind in a game to get rewards!? You mean rewards are not handed to me!? Time to throw the game away.

They weren't handed to you before, so I don't really understand your point. Clarify?

Senoshu
04-17-2013, 01:57 PM

I understand where you're coming from but I think you're missing something integral here. Originally in games when we did stuff there was a reason behind it. We did tiny deeds to help npcs out because in the grand scheme it thwarted the big bad guy and helped the world. Whether you realize it or not we did in fact get rewarded with this old school thing called progress. When you completed that event then that towen, npcs, etc. whatever you were saving stayed saved and usually opened a merchant, save point, or something. Theses events don't contain that. Within 5 minutes or so of completing these events it repeats and that work starts all over.

When it's done to begin with the stuff just despawns and you go on your way. The keycodes at the end were a reward that substituted for purpose and progress that a game like this can't afford otherwise we really will "finish" it. Now that they've taken that reward away there isn't any motivation for completing it other than literally mindlessly killing more npcs that don't pose much of a challenge. Now a good example though is the wondering hulker boss fight where I WILL stop what I'm doing, find him, and take him down solely because it's different and fun. At the very least CHALLENGE can sometimes substitute for purpose, progress, or reward just like Sepheroth in Kingdom Hearts did. You got a lot of xp for killing him but most of us did it just to say we could.

So when people say "What is the point" they aren't really saying "I'm angry I'm not getting a reward for doing this." They really are saying "Why am I doing this, it holds no value and doesn't progress anything and won't change anything if I walk on by."

Hiten
04-17-2013, 01:59 PM
So when people say "What is the point" they aren't really saying "I'm angry I'm not getting a reward for doing this." They really are saying "Why am I doing this, it holds no value and doesn't progress anything and won't change anything if I walk on by."

Yep - pretty much this.

vectordream
04-17-2013, 03:26 PM

Thats exactly it! Totally agree.