PDA

View Full Version : reskins what are you doing

bio10656
04-16-2013, 07:53 PM
I noticed that most of the outfits in this game are just re colored versions of the bought vise versa. Why is this being done why can't you make completely new costumes instead of recycling ones already in the game there already like 4 versions of the emc heavy trooper. Is anybody else annoyed with this lack of creativity:mad:

Rizaun
04-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah, there like... 7 total outfits, and like 3 color variations of each one of them.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-16-2013, 08:11 PM
easy way to make it seem like there is more content than there really is.

Munx
04-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Like I have said in many similar thread in the past, I don't really mind re-skins in general, however outfits for difficult pursuits, that take alot of effort to earn should be 100% unique.

I am fine with cash shop users being able to buy re-skins of the minor pursuit rewards, but just like the cash shop has outfit types not availible as reward, the pursuits need to have outfits that are not availible to cash.

bio10656
04-16-2013, 08:22 PM
Like I have said in many similar thread in the past, I don't really mind re-skins in general, however outfits for difficult pursuits, that take alot of effort to earn should be 100% unique.

I am fine with cash shop users being able to buy re-skins of the minor pursuit rewards, but just like the cash shop has outfit types not availible as reward, the pursuits need to have outfits that are not availible to cash.
I agree with that 100% but the goal outfits are just cash shop reskins

Shiny Pidgey
04-16-2013, 08:31 PM
I agree with that 100% but the goal outfits are just cash shop reskins

I interpreted it more as the cash shop being just goal outfit reskins, but I'm not sure that that's any better. What's more annoying to me is that more than half of the outfits available are generic-looking suits of light combat armor and trucker caps.

bio10656
04-16-2013, 08:40 PM
I interpreted it more as the cash shop being just goal outfit reskins, but I'm not sure that that's any better. What's more annoying to me is that more than half of the outfits available are generic-looking suits of light combat armor and trucker caps.yea its like a shortcut to the goal instead of doing it you pay for it. I need to look cool when playing a game so this is very important to me. But this is just bad and cheap

Ensu
04-16-2013, 08:50 PM
the echelon pursuits alone have four unique outfits.

the cash shop in beta had pages of outfits, reskins and uniques.

JerZey CJ
04-16-2013, 08:52 PM
You can literally count the number of truly unique outfits(has no reskin) on one hand.

JerZey CJ
04-16-2013, 08:53 PM

Oh whoopty doo, you mean I'll be able to drop $10 on an overpriced piece of virtual clothing? Sign me up!

Ikagawa
04-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh whoopty doo, you mean I'll be able to drop $10 on an overpriced piece of virtual clothing? Sign me up!

You sound kind of belligerent towards a guy that was just passing on information.

bio10656
04-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Oh whoopty doo, you mean I'll be able to drop $10 on an overpriced piece of virtual clothing? Sign me up!yea some are unique with no redskins but there generic as in its some kind of heavy armor or some kind of sweater type light armor I'm not talking about the main mission outfits ethier

JerZey CJ
04-16-2013, 09:01 PM
You sound kind of belligerent towards a guy that was just passing on information.
Sorry if I came off that way(I'm generally sarcastic, don't mean to offend), just kind of hard to be excited about the pages of outfits when they are all in the cash shop.

Honved
04-16-2013, 09:02 PM

I completed two of the echelon pursuits, outfits still haven't unlocked.

Ikagawa
04-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Sorry if I came off that way(I'm generally sarcastic, don't mean to offend), just kind of hard to be excited about the pages of outfits when they are all in the cash shop.

I expected the majority of them to be there. It's the only way Trion will be able to support Defiance and it's a proven system through many other games that do the same thing.

bio10656
04-16-2013, 09:15 PM
I expected the majority of them to be there. It's the only way Trion will be able to support Defiance and it's a proven system through many other games that do the same thing.they would get more support if they didn't throw lack of work garbage in players faces

Honved
04-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Personally I want some ridiculous outfits, like a head piece that is a jack'o'lantern and what not lol. Fire included.

Valethar
04-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah, there like... 7 total outfits, and like 3 color variations of each one of them.

And the prices go up on each of them. Changing the color on an existing model doesn't justify an increase of 367% in cost.