PDA

View Full Version : WHY didnt you fix rocket launchers!??!?!

KingGladiator88
04-16-2013, 08:01 PM
You have a choice, have a giant Vot Mass cannon, with a mag of 1 and a reload of 2 and a MAX damage output of 348x4......or you can fire 4-5 rounds from an assault rifle and do as much damage and not use 1/10th of your ammo capacity

We arent launching love and friendship Trion! Were launching ROCKETS!!!! You know the things that BLOW SH@@#$ UP!!!!!!

-Nerf sawed offs when they wernt the problem in PvP
-Leave launchers being butter cannons
-Didn't bother to look into the double or sometimes triple reload bug
-Removed earning keycodes from emergencies while not increasing the rewards from lockboxes to make them even worth trying to get. (Seriously, spending a couple days to earn about 100 codes only to get a bunch of crap weapons is NOT worth my time)

Atheosis
04-16-2013, 08:06 PM
And all the LMG's not named Frontier SAW still totally suck...

Gradius
04-16-2013, 08:18 PM
You have a choice, have a giant Vot Mass cannon, with a mag of 1 and a reload of 2 and a MAX damage output of 348x4......or you can fire 4-5 rounds from an assault rifle and do as much damage and not use 1/10th of your ammo capacity

We arent launching love and friendship Trion! Were launching ROCKETS!!!! You know the things that BLOW SH@@#$ UP!!!!!!

-Removed earning keycodes from emergencies while not increasing the rewards from lockboxes to make them even worth trying to get. (Seriously, spending a couple days to earn about 100 codes only to get a bunch of crap weapons is NOT worth my time)

Rocket Launcher damage is as it should be and was changed to what it is now towards the end of testing. Rocket Launchers are not an anti-personel weapon, they are very much anti-vehicle and structure. Rocket Launchers do substantially more damage to vehicles and structures as they should.

Kronic
04-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Rocket Launcher damage is as it should be and was changed to what it is now towards the end of testing. Rocket Launchers are not an anti-personel weapon, they are very much anti-vehicle and structure. Rocket Launchers do substantially more damage to vehicles and structures as they should.

So you mean to tell me if someone is standing by a building, and they shoot the building right by the person, that the building should disintegrate but the person should just knock the dust off their shoulders?

Shismar
04-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Which is relevant in this game how?

Rocket launchers were very weak and were nerfed even further. Oh wait, detonators got nerfed too so it is all right ...

Ikagawa
04-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Do they at least get experience?

Schwa
04-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Pve nerfs don't matter in a game without challenging pve content. At all. If anything, we could stand to take a few more nerfs to actually add some challenge to the game.

Honved
04-16-2013, 08:32 PM

They were nerfed second day because of people qq'd about them, like how they are about cloak and shotguns. I'm surprised they nerfed them again.

Honved
04-16-2013, 08:33 PM

Incorrect, rockets can be either. They can be designed for anti personal, anti material, or both.

Beta582
04-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Incorrect, rockets can be either. They can be designed for anti personal, anti material, or both.

This is extremely true. Rockets really need some TLC in this game as it is.

Honved
04-16-2013, 08:39 PM
This is extremely true. Rockets really need some TLC in this game as it is.

I agree, I want MORE realism. Dying quickly is real, people complain that a game like that takes away from tactics and strategy and then I wonder to myself... "Do they not understand what those words mean?"

Beta582
04-16-2013, 08:43 PM
I agree, I want MORE realism. Dying quickly is real, people complain that a game like that takes away from tactics and strategy and then I wonder to myself... "Do they not understand what those words mean?"

Welcome to the world of CoD players trying to rationalize everything based around CoD... It truly is unfortunate.

Honved
04-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the world of CoD players trying to rationalize everything based around CoD... It truly is unfortunate.

I completely agree, it is unfortunate.

Rek Vio
04-16-2013, 08:50 PM
I dont know man, rockets should be powerful, I am sure they will get this balanced out. You seemed to think they need to be tweaked maybe they do?

Ensu
04-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Swarm Rocket Launchers need no buffing. At all.

Seriously none.

Not even a little.

GrayGhost79
04-16-2013, 08:53 PM

No, rocket launcher damage isn't anywhere near what it should be and it wasn't prior to the patch let alone after. Any other shooter has the rocket launcher at the top of the food chain in damage for a reason. It has a slower moving projectile, thats completely visible to others and completely possible to avoid. It has less ammo per clip and less total ammo. I rarely use mine even when modded because they are outperformed by many other weapons they should not be.

Most weapons in game are out of whack. Most of them really aren't where they should be with the exception of a few. I think part of the problem is that Trion is approaching this from a fantasy game point of view.

The weapon hierarchy needs to be respected otherwise PvP will fade into nothing.

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Swarm rockets are anti-personnel rockets. Normal rockets are like a boot to the head.

Greyhawk
04-16-2013, 08:54 PM

I never use heavy weapons as the ammo and slow firing isn't my cup of tea. As for the keycodes after an hour of playing I have 29 and I started with 0 so not seeing the issue here.

Ikagawa
04-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Normal rockets are like a boot to the head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFldBVWFgWo

Ensu
04-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Swarm rockets are anti-everything. The cluster bombs ignore armour, doing full damage to Hellbug Warriors, Monarchs, etc.

Cluster grenades are the same.

And the infector bugs.

swat brigade
04-16-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm on PS3 and I can't even get my rocket launchers to level up...

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Swarm rockets are anti-everything. The cluster bombs ignore armour, doing full damage to Hellbug Warriors, Monarchs, etc.

Cluster grenades are the same.

And the infector bugs.

All explosive damage sources are like that. However, High HP targets (like vehicles) are naturally resistant (sort of) to mere high damage. I supposed specialized rockets should handle those better.

It probably doesn't help that currently almost all our enemies (other than turrets, and vehicles in PvP, and bosses) would be considered personnel..

Ikagawa
04-16-2013, 09:05 PM

No one on any system can.

Ensu
04-16-2013, 09:09 PM

I'm at level 2 with rocket launchers.

I don't use them all that often.

PC, if it makes a difference.

Honved
04-16-2013, 09:12 PM

My swarm cannon was only ever good at pve and getting me assists in pvp. When a direct hit from a fully modded purple swarm cannon only takes out a third of a shield, it's an average day lol.

Ikagawa
04-16-2013, 09:14 PM

None of the rocket launchers I've used nor the Mass Detonators have gotten any experience. It makes me sad.

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 09:21 PM
None of the rocket launchers I've used nor the Mass Detonators have gotten any experience. It makes me sad.

I've no issues with detonators, but then again, detonators are the main weapon in one of my loadouts (matchlock boomer with shock trooper, mad bomber, deadly cascade, intimidation lets you go on massive reload-free killing sprees.)

(currently have detonator lv 5)

Ensu
04-16-2013, 09:22 PM

Might be something to do with the patch. I think I only got the level today.

Honved;
It works best against larger enemies whose model will be inside the blast radius of more than one cluster bomb. Particularly effective against swarms of Warriors and Monarchs, but also useful against Scrapper Forges and their minions.

Pointless against human sized shielded enemies, or players, since they'll take one full damage cluster at best.

The ground pounder has a tighter cluster circle which makes it much more effective at anti-personnel/shield work.

Honved
04-16-2013, 09:23 PM

Honved;
It works best against larger enemies whose model will be inside the blast radius of more than one cluster bomb. Particularly effective against swarms of Warriors and Monarchs, but also useful against Scrapper Forges and their minions.

Pointless against human sized shielded enemies, or players, since they'll take one full damage cluster at best.

The ground pounder has a tighter cluster circle which makes it much more effective at anti-personnel/shield work.

Oh I agree on the pve, that's how I did crowd control in the beginning.

Ikagawa
04-16-2013, 09:26 PM

Oh, I don't mean today. I haven't even gotten the patch downloaded yet.

Honved
04-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Oh, I don't mean today. I haven't even gotten the patch downloaded yet.

Yeah ps3, probably a bug. I've leveled mine fine.

Ikagawa
04-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah ps3, probably a bug. I've leveled mine fine.

Nope, PC.

/10char

wolfenhunter2010
04-16-2013, 09:29 PM

i am totally agree with you too serously rocket launchers if anything need a power boost like the website said "Guided Rocket Launchers - Guided rocket launchers lock onto a single opponent and allow for rapid-fire deployment of multiple rockets. They are perfect against single, tough opponents who are using cover."

wow rapid deployment of what 1 rocket or 2 thats the most i have seen for mag on a guided rocket launcher so the websites listed info on a guided rocket launcher is wrong. it already does crap damage and you can rapidly shoot 1 to to rockets really. :( they need to boost the mag of guided rocket launchers to at least 4 and increase rate of fire a bit then this quote from there website would be right.
http://cdn.defiance.com/defiance/images/game/technology/weapons/wep4_RocketLaunchers.jpg
"Guided Rocket Launchers - Guided rocket launchers lock onto a single opponent and allow for rapid-fire deployment of multiple rockets. They are perfect against single, tough opponents who are using cover."

Ensu
04-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know how much damage a guided anti-vehicle rocket launcher actually does to a vehicle?

Is it obscene? Balanced?

Honved
04-16-2013, 09:36 PM
Does anyone know how much damage a guided anti-vehicle rocket launcher actually does to a vehicle?

Is it obscene? Balanced?

Pretty useless, but I've heard that vehicles have received an obscene nerf so it should work as intended.

wolfenhunter2010
04-16-2013, 09:39 PM
:mad:i dont know but my point above is they need to live up to what the website describes guided rocket launchers as rapid deployment is not 1 or 2 rockets maybe 4 in a row even if it ate ammo up faster still is it possible to rapidly deploy 1 rocket that is a bad play on words since most guided rocket launchers i have seen are at a 1 rocket capacity and 2 rockets is highest mag i have seen. i saw a single fire rocket launcher that was line of sight not guided with a mag of 6 wow why doesn't anything ever make since give a crap launcher 6 and a purple rare guided rocket launcher only 2 wow:mad:

Honved
04-16-2013, 09:41 PM
:mad:i dont know but my point above is they need to live up to what the website describes guided rocket launchers as rapid deployment is not 1 or 2 rockets maybe 4 in a row even if it ate ammo up faster still is it possible to rapidly deploy 1 rocket that is a bad play on words since most guided rocket launchers i have seen are at a 1 rocket capacity and 2 rockets is highest mag i have seen. i saw a single fire rocket launcher that was line of sight not guided with a mag of 6 wow why doesn't anything ever make since give a crap launcher 6 and a purple rare guided rocket launcher only 2 wow:mad:

Modded launchers can have 4-6 depending on the laucher. I currently have a shotgun that fires grenades on my pve load out because I've modded it to hold 30 rounds. It's all about the add ons.

wolfenhunter2010
04-16-2013, 09:42 PM
http://cdn.defiance.com/defiance/images/game/technology/weapons/wep4_RocketLaunchers.jpg

Guided Rocket Launchers - Guided rocket launchers lock onto a single opponent and allow for rapid-fire deployment of multiple rockets. They are perfect against single, tough opponents who are using cover.

yeah a mag of 1 and 2 is not rapid deployment that's what is disappointing me the most about this game rocket launchers need a boost in mag only for guided to at least a max of 4 :confused::mad:

Honved
04-16-2013, 09:44 PM

Guided Rocket Launchers - Guided rocket launchers lock onto a single opponent and allow for rapid-fire deployment of multiple rockets. They are perfect against single, tough opponents who are using cover.

yeah a mag of 1 and 2 is not rapid deployment that's what is disappointing me the most about this game rocket launchers need a boost in mag only for guided to at least a max of 4 :confused::mad:

They exist but are rare.

DustOfDeath
04-16-2013, 09:47 PM
anti vehicle and structure? even vs scrapper forge they dont do much of a bonus damage.
just like the vehicle related perks and such. Big minibosses and robots and such should coutn as "vehicle type" targets. Bulwarks, fores, hulkers and such.

Honved
04-16-2013, 09:48 PM
anti vehicle and structure? even vs scrapper forge they dont do much of a bonus damage.
just like the vehicle related perks and such. Big minibosses and robots and such should coutn as "vehicle type" targets. Bulwarks, fores, hulkers and such.

Hulkers, no, everything else? Most definitely.

Ensu
04-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Turns out, the VOT Breaker Cannon does more damage to the Scrapper Helibots (1200) than anything else (800ish). Couldn't get into a shadow war to test it on a player vehicle.

Lazerus
04-16-2013, 10:33 PM
at the moment the size of the magazine and max ammo compared to the damage is imbalanced.
the rocketlauncher should not deal enough damage to onehit everything, that would be imbalanced (PVP noobtubes ftw)
but they should match with other explosive weapons (more magazine, rapid fire). a grenade launher can be arced over covers, a rocket launcher has a higher range etc

Honved
04-16-2013, 10:34 PM
at the moment the size of the magazine and max ammo compared to the damage is imbalanced.
the rocketlauncher should not deal enough damage to onehit everything, that would be imbalanced (PVP noobtubes ftw)
but they should match with other explosive weapons (more magazine, rapid fire). a grenade launher can be arced over covers, a rocket launcher has a higher range etc

I think you missed the point of a shooter.

DustOfDeath
04-16-2013, 10:47 PM
ammo pool is small for starters compared to everythign else.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-16-2013, 10:48 PM

Blame PvP.

Rocket Launchers are gimp because they didn't want you one-shotting entire groups of enemy players.

Kronic
04-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Blame PvP.

Rocket Launchers are gimp because they didn't want you one-shotting entire groups of enemy players.

Because a rocket dosen't have an explosive blast radius that would kill everything in real life... It's garbage they way they are set up. I throw my rocket launchers in the trash I'll never use them unless they make it a pursuit. PVE my LMG full clip is 119 ammo I have a lvl 20 in LMG and I hit almost everything for 400-800 or more hardly less. do the math 47600-95200 per clip I unload. Now pvp cloack and shotgun, or cloak cluster grenade, my cluster grenades explode on impact. I can one shot almost anyone with those tactic in PVP and take out a couple sometimes with the grenade. Why would a rocket ever be used for anything in this game? I hit something for 1000 dmg... hold on let me reload my one rocket loading....loading...loading... okay another 1000 wohooo I may hurt someone before their shield regenerates. Maybe I'll kill some scitterlings or scrapper mongrels. Will I do anything else... doubtful rocket launchers are just waste of inventory space.

Honved
04-17-2013, 07:47 AM
Because a rocket dosen't have an explosive blast radius that would kill everything in real life... It's garbage they way they are set up. I throw my rocket launchers in the trash I'll never use them unless they make it a pursuit. PVE my LMG full clip is 119 ammo I have a lvl 20 in LMG and I hit almost everything for 400-800 or more hardly less. do the math 47600-95200 per clip I unload. Now pvp cloack and shotgun, or cloak cluster grenade, my cluster grenades explode on impact. I can one shot almost anyone with those tactic in PVP and take out a couple sometimes with the grenade. Why would a rocket ever be used for anything in this game? I hit something for 1000 dmg... hold on let me reload my one rocket loading....loading...loading... okay another 1000 wohooo I may hurt someone before their shield regenerates. Maybe I'll kill some scitterlings or scrapper mongrels. Will I do anything else... doubtful rocket launchers are just waste of inventory space.

^ This is why this thread exists.

Krileon
04-17-2013, 08:02 AM
I think their damage is fine, but they need more ammo. Both RL and GL need ammo pools of at least 100 for them to be comparable. I run with GL primary and RL secondary because it's what I like even though it's clearly not the most effective setup.

What you're forgetting is they do this base damage to anything in the blast radius, which is what separates them from other guns. I've tried all gun types and I run with all gun types in my different loadouts. Taking on an army of hellbugs with an LMG is a nightmare.. what takes me 2-3 clips with an LMG it takes only 1 rocket. Rockets also ignore a chunk of armor (seams to be a flat % in my tests) so a lot of heavy enemies get hit much harder with a rocket.

The major benefit of explosives is using Deadly Cascade.. if more than 1 enemy is caught in the explosion then all explosion damage done is increased by 30%, that's HUGE! The next best thing is Mad Bomber, because with any explosion kill you get a 30% grenade recharge; I'm running around throwing free grenades pretty much non-stop and the cluster grenade is insane damge.

TL;DR: Damage is fine, but ammo is not; increase to a minimum of 100 for GL and RL. Use Deadly Cascade and Mad Bomber, always.

Honved
04-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Horrible idea, 100 ammo each?! No the damage needs to be fixed, you can't set things to be realistic and then nerf the most devastating weaponry in existence to do less damage then a shotgun firing a grenade.

Krileon
04-17-2013, 08:21 AM
The damage is fine. They want the damage to be comparable to other guns. The problem is you run out of ammo too quickly for RL. It needs a larger clip and then I don't see the problem. Most of the time I am 1-2 shotting with the RL and almost always is on 3+ enemies.. not many weapons can kill 3+ enemies with 1 shot. Some situations it's not that useful (Arkfalls), but all guns have situations where they suck (at least from my experience).

Shogo_Yahagi
04-17-2013, 08:28 AM
The short answer is that the PvP players cried, so Trion ruined it for everyone. This is why we can't have nice things.

Valekrin
04-17-2013, 08:35 AM
I'm determined to make them work and become the beloved classic one-upper. Cloak/Shotgun for pvp? Oh no. Cloak + Rocket Launcher! I've got the perfect shield, launcher and perks for the job!

Justified
04-17-2013, 08:37 AM
The damage is fine. They want the damage to be comparable to other guns. The problem is you run out of ammo too quickly for RL. It needs a larger clip and then I don't see the problem. Most of the time I am 1-2 shotting with the RL and almost always is on 3+ enemies.. not many weapons can kill 3+ enemies with 1 shot. Some situations it's not that useful (Arkfalls), but all guns have situations where they suck (at least from my experience).

Do you PVP at all? You can't 1 shot anyone in PVP with a RL. I had to unload all 3 rockets from my VBI AR1 Armada to kill someone that was running at me within 40 feet. Rocket damage SHOULD NOT be comparable to other guns. Why would you bother? If anything, the damage should be that of the pre-patch sawed off (~1900).

There is supposed to be a trade off for guns. LMG have high rate of fire, but suffer accuracy, shot guns do more damage, but suffer range, rocket launchers do more damage, but suffer small clip and slow reload. There is supposed to be a trade off for every weapon. If all weapons were comparable to each other, why bother having so many types? They should just give everyone the same gun and not worry about it if they were to go by your idea.

shotgunEX
04-17-2013, 08:49 AM
Rockets can one shot if you hit a person with all 4 projectiles. If its a x4.
So those types are no concern. They DO damage. And lots of it if you are watching a fire fight and want to just blow up everyone. Oh wait. You can Do that!!! Lol get good tele tubby.

Honved
04-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Rockets can one shot if you hit a person with all 4 projectiles. If its a x4.
So those types are no concern. They DO damage. And lots of it if you are watching a fire fight and want to just blow up everyone. Oh wait. You can Do that!!! Lol get good tele tubby.

You're missing the point, if you are hit directly by a rocket you are dead, not hurt, not losing shields. Dead. This is not the case, the absurdity of this should make everyone's brains explode. I don't even use rockets anymore, I use to use swarm cannon just to get assists for astronomical assault since it is bugged. However since they move so slow (another unrealistic fact) you can dodge meaning they should do real damage, maybe not real radius (because then an antivehicle rocket would kill people in a 15 meter radius.) but real damage is needed. I'm tired of lame pvpers crying and nerfing games, this is a SHOOTER, not and rpg. The difference is in a shooter there is short ttk, and the ability to do one shot kills. I say this as an lmg & sniper user.

Omnifarious Xji
04-17-2013, 09:00 AM
This is extremely true. Rockets really need some TLC in this game as it is. IRL, if it's anti-material, it's anti-personnel. Something that can disintegrate CONCRETE and STEEL will leave nothing but a red mist when it comes into contact with soft tissues...

Napalm Sunrise
04-17-2013, 09:01 AM

I'm not a HUGE RL advocate but dude how do you have something that can kill the hell out of a STEEL construction vehicle like a Cerberus or Challenger and not kill the hell out of a soft fleshy Player Character?!?! Seriously bro, the logic doesn't add up. Is the player shield just that pimp to begin with? Idk, it's one thing in PvE when statistically, if all things were equal a player would probably never survive a bandit ambush with 5-6 Raider Blasters on elevated positions and all launching rockets at one time if it only took one to kill them, but in PVP when sometimes all you get with a Rocket Launcher is that ONE shot to count it should do just that. COUNT.

Honved
04-17-2013, 09:03 AM
IRL, if it's anti-material, it's anti-personnel. Something that can disintegrate CONCRETE and STEEL will leave nothing but a red mist when it comes into contact with soft tissues...

The difference IRL is the kill radius, completely support improving rockets.

shotgunEX
04-17-2013, 09:15 AM
You're missing the point, if you are hit directly by a rocket you are dead, not hurt, not losing shields. Dead. This is not the case, the absurdity of this should make everyone's brains explode. I don't even use rockets anymore, I use to use swarm cannon just to get assists for astronomical assault since it is bugged. However since they move so slow (another unrealistic fact) you can dodge meaning they should do real damage, maybe not real radius (because then an antivehicle rocket would kill people in a 15 meter radius.) but real damage is needed. I'm tired of lame pvpers crying and nerfing games, this is a SHOOTER, not and rpg. The difference is in a shooter there is short ttk, and the ability to do one shot kills. I say this as an lmg & sniper user.

You're missing the point. Why would they make one shot rockets with AOE? You do realize they are attempting some sort of balance right? That's the worst idea I've ever heard.

Edit: you want people to abuse cloak with rockets and you probably want to be the guy going 50-0 in shadow war because you shot 1 rocket and killed 6. Then just walked away. Huh? Roflcopter!!

judge dread42
04-17-2013, 09:19 AM
The difference IRL is the kill radius, completely support improving rockets.

so true the kill radias is much bigger IRL but they need to up the ammo for RL and GRL to at least 50 as that is still a smaller number comparable to a sniper rifle. the damage output would be slightly higher depending on how quickly you reload and i think that 2-3 rockets per mag should be normal with up to 5 in a clip for legendary. the damage should be boosted a little but not to insain amounts ( we all know that friendly fire can kill) that would make the wep at least worth using bc it is sad when i can out damage a rocket with a pistle...

Krileon
04-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Why am I seeing In Real Life comparisons.. what world are you people living in? This is a FANTASY VIDEO GAME. Stop trying to apply Real Life arguments to the situation. Rockets don't instantly kill everything, because it'd be insanely over powered.

1 shot AOE of an entire group of people in PVP would be ridiculous. For PVE, it already does this so I fail to see the complaint. Damage wise they seam perfectly fine.

You can have faster and even lock on rockets if speed is your complaint, but you're going to trade off damage which is completely acceptable for balance purposes.. a 1,900 damage high speed lock on rocket would be overpowered in PVP and you know it.. PVE it'd be fine.

RL/GL shouldn't do insane damage because they also have large AOE and have a perk to directly boost their damage by 30% (this is HUGE).. the nerf was justified.. my only complaint is I want more ammo, but I've been playing like this since beta so am used to the small clip now.

RetroactiveChex
04-17-2013, 09:49 AM

Here's the punctuation that you left out: ,.,..,,.,??.
Frankly, your post doesn't make much sense with out it. Normally I'm not the correcting type of guy on a forum, but I read that out loud and it made me sound like a psychotic second grader.

wolfenhunter2010
04-17-2013, 11:14 AM
wow ill believe that when i see it if a purple and i have seen orange don't have more than a 2 ammo max clip then they are very rare

DMC14
04-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Do they at least get experience?

my blue guided rocket launcher that i have had since starting this character will not earn rank up points. but my unguided rocket does.
i was just looking for an answer to my problem when i found this thread.

Battlespark
06-05-2013, 03:56 AM
yea my rocket launcher cant gain any exp either...im on PC...the bar hasnt moved at all...i havent tried the unguided one yet...ill try and get one and see if it has any effect

Jokerz_89
06-05-2013, 04:13 AM

Sorry, but if they listen to this rubbish, they will lose more players cause you want the game to give you everything with no effort. The drop rates for lockboxes are fine as they are. You shouldn't get a Legendary every lockbox...

As for your love for RL's, know this. Until they can seperate PvP from PvE, RL's will never be that OP cause what they do in one will affect the other. If they increase the damage for RL's, they should also reduce the ammo supply so it doesn't become FOTM and next you know is everyone is n00btubing in PvP and Arkfalls/Sieges/Co-Ops completely making other weapons irrelevant...

Sdric
06-05-2013, 04:37 AM
Use a Swarm cannon at a siege and you'll see what they're good for...
Also equip "pumped up".

MaxSterling
06-05-2013, 05:27 AM
I have to admit, I have found the Rocket Launchers and Detonators to be a huge joke... grenades do more damage than both of them.

A friend tried to use the rocket launcher to defeat a boss character, which in any other game would probably be the way to go, but in this game... any other weapon is more effective than the rocket launcher.

If you want to balance a rocket launcher in PVP, you slightly decrease the splash radius and dramatically increase the reload time.

Given the current ammo capacity, I'd expect the rocket launcher to do 10,000 damage... but take 30 seconds to reload. That would then require them to hide in a remote corner of a map to reload it before using it again... thus leaving them vulnerable for a long period of time.

Indra Echo
06-05-2013, 05:40 AM
yea my rocket launcher cant gain any exp either...im on PC...the bar hasnt moved at all...i havent tried the unguided one yet...ill try and get one and see if it has any effect
Try the launchers that are in the other category, not the mass cannons, breakers area of your inventory. The swarms, bonfires, armadas, and the rest in that other area do get xp for me, but the mass and the others there do not.

The launchers are as a rule very under-powered and are specifically designed to do massive powerful destruction. It makes absolutely no sense for someone to say they are meant to blow up vehicles but not to destroy actual organic material.

My issue with this whole thing is that launchers already have an inherent weakness-they take a long time to load and are limited as to shots that can be fired before reloading. If I shoot a guided rocket at a Raider that I've locked onto, and it hits him, he should die, just as if someone shoots me close range with a slugger and in one shot I die. It's a freaking rocket. If I shoot it at a crystal it should do significant damage, not 130.

The whole thing brings up another point, what exactly does 1300 in damage that a weapon might do actually mean? And how does that really really to critical damage. We have no idea because we really have no idea what resistances to damage any foe has. If I am shooting at a crystal with a SAW and get 71 in normal damage, and 800 in damage when I hit the skitterling bit spot, then I would think it's got significant protection, but the head of a mutant? It shouldn't take me 25 shots to kill it. Of course this is a problem that all games have. Play any CoD game and some people can kill you with a shotgun from halfway across the map and pistols become sniper rifles, but shoot someone's head up close and personal with an assault rifle and you have to empty the clip.

Just to be clear the game also can and does differentiate between foes in certain parts of the game. Same hellbug in one place-easy kill with a weak weapon. In another place, tougher kill with a more powerful one. Is it the weapon's power that changed or the foes hp?

Colif
06-05-2013, 05:46 AM
Rocket launchers should be big hitters, not what they are in this game. I agree reload time should be reduced, and damage increased. a SAW shouldn't do more damage than a RL, they shouldn't even compete but in this game, you better off with a SAW against a hellion than a RL.

Perhaps all their damage should be in weapon levels, so as you gain levels they do more damage, like infectors skill does.

I haven't used them much, skill level is only 2 since i found out what ones actually gave weapon experience. But since no pursuit requires me to level them up (strange), they might be last after i get 5k kills with sniper rifles... so next year maybe. ONly detonator I ever use is a ground pounder and I have been expecting a nerf on it for ever.

Battlespark
06-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Rocket launchers should be big hitters, not what they are in this game. I agree reload time should be reduced, and damage increased. a SAW shouldn't do more damage than a RL, they shouldn't even compete but in this game, you better off with a SAW against a hellion than a RL.

Perhaps all their damage should be in weapon levels, so as you gain levels they do more damage, like infectors skill does.

I haven't used them much, skill level is only 2 since i found out what ones actually gave weapon experience. But since no pursuit requires me to level them up (strange), they might be last after i get 5k kills with sniper rifles... so next year maybe. ONly detonator I ever use is a ground pounder and I have been expecting a nerf on it for ever.

would you mind sharing wich RL gave you exp? because i havent found one that works yet ^^

PeterPolaski
06-05-2013, 06:19 AM
What would be the point of really rare weapons that aren't rare? DERP

bigguy
06-05-2013, 06:20 AM
todays server side patch is supposed to fix launchers

Shogo_Yahagi
06-05-2013, 06:21 AM

Wrong. There are anti-vehicle versions of the rocket launcher that fire anti-vehicle rockets that do extra damage to vehicles. Therefore, obviously, the other rocket launchers are not primarily anti-vehicle weapons and they don't fire anti-vehicle rockets.

The rocket launchers suck in PvE for one reason only, and it isn't realism. It's because PvPers cried like little girls. The AOE was already balanced by long reload, tiny magazine, tiny ammo pool, and crawlingly slow shots that you can see coming from all the way across the map so you can get out of their way. Nerfing the damage so they do less damage than a punch in the face on top of that is just stupid.

If they're going to nerf damage so badly, they need to undo all of those other things that had already been done to balance them. If they're going to insist that rocket launchers do crap damage, they need faster reloads, bigger magazines, a bigger ammo pool, and faster rockets to be viable.

Indra Echo
06-05-2013, 06:27 AM
would you mind sharing wich RL gave you exp? because i havent found one that works yet ^^

I did already post this, but you have two categories of RLs. The ones with the Mass Cannons don't gain xp-the white bar does not move from 0. The ones with the Swarm Cannon (Bonfire, Armada, and so on) do get xp and rank up. At least for me. I tested them all before submitting a bug report.

Chilmeister
06-05-2013, 06:44 AM

So you telling me if you was coming at me holding a sheild and using a shotgun that if i hit you full on in the chest with an RPG you would still be coming at me shooting? yet i run over with a pistol mele you and then one shot you in the face and your down and this is correct damage? :confused:

And on a side note how many Vehicles or Building do you get to shoot with rockets in this game?

Jokerz_89
06-05-2013, 07:08 AM
So you telling me if you was coming at me holding a sheild and using a shotgun that if i hit you full on in the chest with an RPG you would still be coming at me shooting? yet i run over with a pistol mele you and then one shot you in the face and your down and this is correct damage? :confused:

And on a side note how many Vehicles or Building do you get to shoot with rockets in this game?

Are you serious? Lol, anyone who thinks the rules of reality work in video games is just ignorant to game design.

Zugo
06-05-2013, 07:11 AM
I have a VOT Mass Canon that has some XP on it after a seige last night. Maybe fixed?

Funkenstein
06-05-2013, 07:45 AM
It seems to me that the problem is with the minimum damage amount. I got this mass cannon a couple days ago and have been quite impressed with how effective it is, oneshots entire groups of enemies. Earlier today I picked up this swarm cannon and at first thought it was a direct upgrade, automatic detonation and more projectiles, so I tested it against the first group of enemies I found and it just did nothing. Firing the swarm launcher into a group of people and doing like 200 damage to one of them and the rest not being touched. Confused, I got the mass cannon back out, and killed most of the group with one detonation. Stats of the weapons here (http://i.imgur.com/nehVGf5.jpg).

It seems like explosives like this are almost guaranteed to only do the minimum amount of damage. The mass cannon having an 807 minimum results in it actually being effective.

Justified
06-05-2013, 08:28 AM
The mass cannon is harder to use properly, so the reward is greater. The swarm cannon is good for arkfalls.

cusman
06-05-2013, 08:45 AM
And all the LMG's not named Frontier SAW still totally suck...

FRC SAWs tend to be better than Frontier SAWs. But to your point, any LMG that is not a SAW is far worse than an AR or SMG you could be using.