PDA

View Full Version : So that new voice chat fuction

Barnibus
04-16-2013, 08:05 PM
i've been playing since the servers came back up and not many people know that you must switch the voice settings to on to talk without parties or groups.....people please spread the word so we can have a more social game and maybe help people keep interested longer

Thank you

Sacrificial Lamb
04-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Do you remember how the original XBOX Live would let you talk like a Robot or a Girl or a Monster?

I like Video Games.

Barnibus
04-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Do you remember how the original XBOX Live would let you talk like a Robot or a Girl or a Monster?

I like Video Games.

i do remember that lol

ple9192
04-16-2013, 08:11 PM
heres the tut.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?40079-Voice-Chat-on-all-platforms-now-WORK!-(Text-Tutorial)

Barnibus
04-16-2013, 08:11 PM
heres the tut.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?40079-Voice-Chat-on-all-platforms-now-WORK!-(Text-Tutorial)

thank you for posting that so people who do stumble upon this thread know what im talking about

dodmayhem
04-16-2013, 08:28 PM
I'll be keeping my Area voice chat off.

Last thing I want is to hear 100 people all talking at once in area chat during an arkfall.

Barnibus
04-16-2013, 08:39 PM
I'll be keeping my Area voice chat off.

Last thing I want is to hear 100 people all talking at once in area chat during an arkfall.

fyi works for clans to

mikepaul
04-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Group chat among 4 people sucked, so I have little hope for area. LIVE party was dropping in and out, so MAYBE that affected Defiance too. More testing required...

FlamingNinja007
04-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Group chat among 4 people sucked, so I have little hope for area. LIVE party was dropping in and out, so MAYBE that affected Defiance too. More testing required...

Yes. The Xbox party chat system lags out much less often, even though that sucks too.

I will also be keeping mine off. I do not want to hear peoples' kids complaining while I game it up. I already found out a large portion of the game is children.

ocktos
04-16-2013, 10:05 PM
i have yet to run across kids screaming in ark falls.... mostly a mature community which i've found out today, only problem i have is those Gamers who insist in drowning out the games volume with music... so annoying doing a ark fall and listening to some 5 year old song, or god forbid old as Metallica.... there's a time and place to listen to those types of music people, dear god... and you know who you jack-***** are.... you've bin told off in every other game lobby, why do you insist doing it here

DMC14
04-16-2013, 10:23 PM
i have yet to run across kids screaming in ark falls.... mostly a mature community which i've found out today, only problem i have is those Gamers who insist in drowning out the games volume with music... so annoying doing a ark fall and listening to some 5 year old song, or god forbid old as Metallica.... there's a time and place to listen to those types of music people, dear god... and you know who you jack-***** are.... you've bin told off in every other game lobby, why do you insist doing it here

old as mettallica. sometimes i play led zepplin or the doors. and pennywise and nofx more commonly. but i understand that is what the mute button on my headset is for (so i dont piss everyone off).

ocktos
04-16-2013, 10:32 PM
old as mettallica. sometimes i play led zepplin or the doors. and pennywise and nofx more commonly. but i understand that is what the mute button on my headset is for (so i dont piss everyone off).

ahahaha must have missed that second s, but I'm glad you know what a mute button is. You sir, deserve a GOT-DAMN Cookie.... ahaha but on serious note, glad your one of the few who understands that.

Barnibus
04-18-2013, 04:02 PM
as ive been exploring going into different servers and different groups of people everyone that i have met in game have all been over 17 at-least, no whiny kids, and no music spammed over the mic so it isn't that bad

CaptainSlayer
04-18-2013, 04:04 PM

I like Video Games.

Good lord your picture is absolutely horrifying.

Sorry guys, nothing to say on the topic. I just couldn't resist.

mikepaul
04-18-2013, 04:09 PM
I will also be keeping mine off. I do not want to hear peoples' kids complaining while I game it up. I already found out a large portion of the game is children.
Today, one of my clanmates was telling his screaming child that she (I think) couldn't have more cereal. There's a part of me that wants to perma-mute the channel, but what would probably work best is a tutorial on how to quickly change channels. If I was to give a grade to Defiance's menu system, I'd be hard-pressed to hit C+...