PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Question?

White Wolf
04-16-2013, 08:47 PM
On a scale 1 through 10 (1 lowest 10 highest) how much do you like defiance. Me a perfect 10. :cool:

Greyhawk
04-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Defiance the game - 10/10

Defiance the show - 10/10

They are both awesome as hell.

malaclypse
04-16-2013, 08:50 PM
with the apparent removal of codes from roadside emergencies, i have to admit, my ranking slid down a bit. i'd say about a 6. i'm not regretting buying, i'm having fun, and will likely continue to have fun with new DLC, but i'm not real happy with a cash grab on boxes that mostly drop useless crap anyway.

Honved
04-16-2013, 08:57 PM
game: 7/10
Show 9/10

Both great, both have room to improve. The developers are starting to let the game slip though. I still have hope for it.

Greyhawk
04-16-2013, 08:58 PM
game: 7/10
Show 9/10

Both great, both have room to improve. The developers are starting to let the game slip though. I still have hope for it.

Every MMO has issues the first month or two and as a seasoned MMO player I don't find this an issue as I expected it lol.

Honved
04-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Every MMO has issues the first month or two and as a seasoned MMO player I don't find this an issue as I expected it lol.

Oh I do too, when I say the developers are starting to let it slip I mean their priorities in patches and in letting us know information.

You can easily find 20+ threads of people wondering what was actually changed in the patch, when the patch will happen for the ps3, what did and didn't make it into the patch since they never updated their notes yet today a dev commented on a thread where a hacker essentially said "hey I'm going to hack." and got a response almost immediately. It just seems like a total disregard for accountability.

I have patience however I'm also former military so I'm used to common updates and notifications of steps taken to improve something. I was just hoping that Trion would show some professionalism and do the same, there are groups of people who honestly feel like they're getting the cold shoulder. I feel bad for the xbox users who have been asking the same questions for hours without a peep from the devs.

Just feels like they have misplaced priorities.

Seiox
04-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Game 7/10 I like though several issues bug me.
Show 9/10 and 10/10 The 9 for the actual show and the ten for how well the chars and cgi looks for it being on SciFi (Don't get me wrong i like the channel just they always seem to have really cheesy cgi....)

osiris
04-16-2013, 09:19 PM
10/10 game
10/10 show

Opus
04-16-2013, 09:20 PM
with the apparent removal of codes from roadside emergencies, i have to admit, my ranking slid down a bit. i'd say about a 6. i'm not regretting buying, i'm having fun, and will likely continue to have fun with new DLC, but i'm not real happy with a cash grab on boxes that mostly drop useless crap anyway.

Yeah, that's where I am, roughly. Although I think I'm more miffed about my preorder bonus items (Red armor, hellbug cap) disappearing or not being the right item.

Expectations / Reality:
Game: 9/7
Show: 6/9

So, the game is a little under where I thought it would be, even accounting for stray bugs. The bare bones cash shop, aforementioned buggy bonus items and lowered key code rates lowered my rating. On the flip side, I'd expected the series to be decent (enough), but I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw.

Arsenic_Touch
04-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Love the show, would give it an 8/10 ( I never give perfect scores for anything)
The game, I love the concept, but the application needs a lot of work. So for right now it's a 7/10.

Mivo
04-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Currently, I'd give the game a 7/10, which to me means "good ideas, promising, but feels a little rushed and needs polishing".

But I don't think ratings like that are very expressive, because they are so one-dimensional. I like the game quite a bit and I'm having fun with it, and I don't regret the purchase. It feels incomplete (which it is!), there are some design flaws, loot drops and lockboxes need tweaking, and I think the patching procedure is really poorly implemented. QA is also lacking, and customer support is very unimpressive (having tickets closed after days with a note to send in another inquiry if assistance is still needed). I feel that 60 bucks was about 30 too much, especially in light of the cash shop. The game has a F2P beta feel to it, for me. But as I said, I enjoy it and it is fun, in spite of the issues.

The show, I would give a 8/10. It's not necessarily my type of scifi (too much like a western or Mad Max), but I enjoyed watching the pilot episode and look forward to the rest of the season. It didn't suck me in as much as some other shows, but I also didn't feel bored.

I think both the game and the show have potential.

Sarin
04-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Game: 6/10 (mainly due to polish and content, gameplay though 10/10)
Show: 8/10 Really good so far, thoroughly enjoying it.

SGT_NAFFY
04-16-2013, 10:17 PM

So you farmed Emergencies, just means more people will do the CO-OP missions now to gain Keycodes there not cashing in on them at all, and which i would like to point out that There is always gonna be some kid with mum/dads credit card just buying w/e they want and it all helps fund the game making them be able to run/mange/pay people to look after the game.

Minor Arkfalls are a good way to make codes too, i've had some where in the region of about 900+ must of opened 50+ 3rd tier lock box's and had over 100 oranges never bough any bits for this game and also still have my 1200 from the Unlimited edition.

Game 10
Show 10

Really like the whole concept.

Mavor
04-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Game 8/10
Show 10/10

Game needs work - but they know it and they're doing it - Im sure it'll be a 10/10 before long ;)

Carnak
04-16-2013, 10:42 PM
I'd give both the game and show 8/10.

I bought the digital collectors edition and pre-purchased the DLCs. Cos it's a good game. But I'm not going to play until the other races become available.

I'd like the TV show a lot more if the scoring was even remotely original. I can forgive the occasionally cheesy dialogue but hearing all the BSG / Caprica musical elements was just bizarre.

Frostlight
04-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Game: 8/10
Show: 9/10

I'd give the game higher if communication was better and they separated PvP and PvE balancing. I'd give the show better if it was available via web simulcast from Hulu, Amazon or any other web streaming service, including SyFy's own website.

malaclypse
04-17-2013, 06:54 AM
So you farmed Emergencies, just means more people will do the CO-OP missions now to gain Keycodes there not cashing in on them at all, and which i would like to point out that There is always gonna be some kid with mum/dads credit card just buying w/e they want and it all helps fund the game making them be able to run/mange/pay people to look after the game.

Minor Arkfalls are a good way to make codes too, i've had some where in the region of about 900+ must of opened 50+ 3rd tier lock box's and had over 100 oranges never bough any bits for this game and also still have my 1200 from the Unlimited edition.

Game 10
Show 10

Really like the whole concept.

sounds like you've farmed a hell of a lot more than i have then.