PDA

View Full Version : Epic Fails of Defiance

Riku_Kurosaki15
04-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Okay, this post is NOT about bugs or other such things that you think ruin the game, rather I'm looking for stories of anyone's EPIC fail. Like if they were doing a mission and did something so incredibly stupid or funny that they can share(even better if you have a video). Think of this as like Achievement Hunter's Halo Fails of the Weak or something similar. I haven't got anything off the back of my head to share with you guys, but when I do, I'll post it!

Honved
04-16-2013, 09:54 PM
pvp, I saw a guy standing there I shot him a few times and he didn't react so I waved at him and was just like wtf. I turned around and he was behind me with a shotgun, he used decoy. My second pvp game, total face palm moment.

Akio Moriko
04-16-2013, 09:55 PM
I can count a good number of times I've managed to knock myself out by throwing my grenade a little too close to my feet.

Then of course there's always the classic "Oh, this looks like a safe place to step away and go take a piss." Then you come back and you're lying face first on the ground surrounded by what ever decided to walk up out of nowhere.

Frostlight
04-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Hitting boost in my Dodge for a Dukes of Hazzard moment....and ended up in the bay.

seoulstar
04-16-2013, 10:00 PM
I tried to run someone over. Land on a rock, become stuck..then jumped by four people.

kyxsune
04-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Running in to an Emergency encounter, only to be instantly surrounded by pop-in 99ers.

BloodyHotsmliey
04-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Driving around with my friend. Goofing off in my Challenger at one point I jump off a cliff land on an "No Good Deed" emergencie and get slingshot hundreds of feet into the air. (The one which has alot of hellbugs pods and a nest thing in the center).

Sajin
04-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Having an arkfall land on me in the middle of a time trial on the 2nd lap....twice.

Frostlight
04-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Driving around with my friend. Goofing off in my Challenger at one point I jump off a cliff land on an "No Good Deed" emergencie and get slingshot hundreds of feet into the air. (The one which has alot of hellbugs pods and a nest thing in the center).

Actually, that reminds me of another time where I found a Hellbug emergency and tried to ram my way through it. When I hit one of the pods, it bounced me off like a pinball, right into another pod, which sent me into another pod. I kept pinballing around until my car exploded.

Akio Moriko
04-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Actually, that reminds me of another time where I found a Hellbug emergency and tried to ram my way through it. When I hit one of the pods, it bounced me off like a pinball, right into another pod, which sent me into another pod. I kept pinballing around until my car exploded.

That actually sounds like something I wanna try for now XD

Grimno
04-16-2013, 10:15 PM
During a PVP match I was chasing a guy inside the center of Obsevatory and decided to throw a grenade at him.
I however forgot to throw it further ahead of him, as it landed behind him and by the time it went off, I was standing directly on top of it...

Frostlight
04-16-2013, 10:16 PM
That actually sounds like something I wanna try for now XD

Just find one with like 5 pods, hit boost and aim for one on the opposite side of where you enter the cluster. Good luck! I've gotten close but have never been able to replicate the madness of that first time.

Oh, and try it in the Challenger. That was what I was driving at the time.

Seiox
04-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Was in the first co-op mission. Saw a bunch of baddies at the bottom and thought to myself "I don't want to throw my grenade at them and thy just move" so I figured that with a 4 second det time is hit throw it at my feet and itd blow up once it reached the bottom. Then I realized that our grenades are apparently shape like cubes...
/extractwithshame

BloodyHotsmliey
04-16-2013, 10:21 PM

When it was my 3rd day. I was annoyed but patient because I sent a report to help me with my issue on the mission "Old Friends, Old Swords". But to kill time I wanted to run over Von Bach, so I did only to get pinballed into the water.

Kard
04-16-2013, 10:23 PM
I happened upon another player fighting off a hellbug random mission, I think "Hellbug Nest." Guy was on top of a truck laying into the monarch. Watched the big ol' thing take a few claw swipes and a roll attack in a vain attempt to hurt the guy, who was too high up to hit. Just when I thought that he'd found a fatal weakness in the monarch's attacks, we both learned at the same time that it has the ability to shoot plasma. I must have laughed for a good five minutes.

SGT_NAFFY
04-16-2013, 10:24 PM
When i first got the game i was following my friend across golden gate bridge not knowing what was to come was watching his green dot on my mini map, he nicely goes over the bridge i died and was flung 60,000 feet into the air!

Vion Diamonds
04-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Physically touched by the rare Hellbug, Mr.Touchy...
looked like my Uncle Touchy but it must be another person.. Right?

Scorcher
04-16-2013, 11:37 PM
Day 2 of game launch, after one of the smaller arkfalls in a major one ended, I was in the lead on the way to the next arkfall with most people following behind. I drove off a cliff into water by accident and most of them followed -.-

Akio Moriko
04-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Day 2 of game launch, after one of the smaller arkfalls in a major one ended, I was in the lead on the way to the next arkfall with most people following behind. I drove off a cliff into water by accident and most of them followed -.-

Skip to 1:42 and this is exactly what popped up in my head. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yF3z-Z284o

SGT_NAFFY
04-16-2013, 11:42 PM

lmao, shame you dint capture this on video i can imagine like 20+ purple squares following with you at the bulk front

Arkental
04-16-2013, 11:49 PM
Ground Pounder with increased mag. 5 grenades stickied in the face of a hellbug warrior in the middle of the pack.

Then my brain tunes out for a second and I fail to see how it could be a bad idea to detonate that load right after he has charged over to me.