PDA

View Full Version : Four reasons to be pissed (if you're in AU/NZ)

Neo Dark
04-16-2013, 09:58 PM
First, since we get the game late in fact on the final possible day to get the bonus rewards including an exclusive title. EXCLUSIVE... Wow, how much of a 'screw you' can a company give to people who order online or don't have time to play after a 2 hour install process? Oh, but as the people in the US and EU will state, "If you weren't here the first week, you don't need the boosts"... how bout this, unallow the US and EU players for a week and any of the AU/NZ player who play get the exclusive title "Better Than You".

Second, because of getting the game late, we only had a maximum of about 5 days to complete the Episode missions. I personally only had 1, and didn't know they'd be removing them at the first episode playing... in the US... Show's not even going to be shown here until tomorrow... but the US is the only country in the damn world that matters to Trion Worlds it seems...

Third, and yes, all thanks to once again getting the game late, we has less chance to farm the codes from emergencies. So we get screwed out of a reasonable speed way to get some decent equipment.

Forth, no god damn special edition... so we have to spend an extra (based on AU MSP) AU$53.34 to get the extra digital content having had no alternate ways. The AU dollar is worth more than the US dollar BTW. (The season pass being the same damn price. So for the game + DLC's it's over AU$180.)

Screwed out of a title, damn missions, equipment, and money... Yeah, and I shouldn't be pissed... screw you Trion Worlds.

And yes, this is a complaining thread... because if Trion Worlds wants to screw people over, why can't I complain on their forums?

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 09:59 PM
First, since we get the game late in fact on the final possible day to get the bonus rewards including an exclusive title. EXCLUSIVE... Wow, how much of a 'screw you' can a company give to people who order online or don't have time to play after a 2 hour install process? Oh, but as the people in the US and EU will state, "If you weren't here the first week, you don't need the boosts"... how bout this, unallow the US and EU players for a week and any of the AU/NZ player who play get the exclusive title "Better Than You".

Second, because of getting the game late, we only had a maximum of about 5 days to complete the Episode missions. I personally only had 1, and didn't know they'd be removing them at the first episode playing... in the US... Show's not even going to be shown here until tomorrow... but the US is the only country in the damn world that matters to Trion Worlds it seems...

Third, and yes, all thanks to once again getting the game late, we has less chance to farm the codes from emergencies. So we get screwed out of a reasonable speed way to get some decent equipment.

Forth, no god damn special edition... so we have to spend an extra (based on AU MSP) AU$53.34 to get the extra digital content having had no alternate ways. The AU dollar is worth more than the US dollar BTW. (The season pass being the same damn price. So for the game + DLC's it's over AU$180.)

Screwed out of a title, damn missions, equipment, and money... Yeah, and I shouldn't be pissed... screw you Trion Worlds.

And yes, this is a complaining thread... because if Trion Worlds wants to screw people over, why can't I complain on their forums?

Or you could have just bought from steam. :V

Honved
04-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Five reasons...
Dingos. =D Sorry I couldn't resist. You can have my title! =D

Started
04-16-2013, 10:08 PM
I'll call the whambulence for you OP.

Neo Dark
04-16-2013, 10:12 PM

Yes, steam on consoles is a wonderful thing... Don't you agree?

DMC14
04-16-2013, 10:13 PM
at OP its a bit like BF3 all over again (and the premium). its funny our dollar has been worth more for a while now and in the gameing world we still have to pay extra, its weird. i just hope they give us a server at some stage in the near future.

Dingo's = Blue heelers one of the best dogs to own ever, i reckon.

Wtflag
04-16-2013, 10:15 PM

^

I'm from Singpore and I bought the game from Steam. No hipcups. Logged in a full 5 hours early and snatched my ingame name. :D

Neo Dark
04-16-2013, 10:15 PM
I'll call the whambulence for you OP.

I'm sorry, who? Do they make games that unlike all US companies don't screw over some non-US part of the world?

Neo Dark
04-16-2013, 10:18 PM
at OP its a bit like BF3 all over again (and the premium). its funny our dollar has been worth more for a while now and in the gameing world we still have to pay extra, its weird. i just hope they give us a server at some stage in the near future.

Dingo's = Blue heelers one of the best dogs to own ever, i reckon.

See, we don't HAVE to pay more as we CAN order online, but to get the special editions or the game at/soon after release we do. It's a screwed up system and it annoys me, but it annoys me alot less when companies then don't screw us out of stuff.

Important45
04-16-2013, 10:23 PM
OP is ignorant. I'm Australian and I've been following the game right on the release date and logged in during release after I downloaded everything early from the client since Steam didn't let me preload. Put the CD key in Trion, download client and begin right on the launch day. There are ways for you to get in. A North American company catering for mainly the US? How about you stop being ignorant and get some awareness. Maybe read the forums, news, watch streams.

There's absolutely no excuse for being this ******ed and then placing the blame on Trion for your ignorance.

Shawnchapp
04-16-2013, 10:30 PM
AU/NZ player who play get the exclusive title "Better Than You".

they should just give you guys a title that says "Better late then never"

Neo Dark
04-16-2013, 10:34 PM
OP is ignorant. I'm Australian and I've been following the game right on the release date and logged in during release after I downloaded everything early from the client since Steam didn't let me preload. Put the CD key in Trion, download client and begin right on the launch day. There are ways for you to get in. A North American company catering for mainly the US? How about you stop being ignorant and get some awareness. Maybe read the forums, news, watch streams.

There's absolutely no excuse for being this ******ed and then placing the blame on Trion for your ignorance.

A US company that sells their product worldwide catering to the US mainly... yeah... no problem there. A person who doesn't play PC (world-****ing-first isn't it). Yet apparently I'm "ignorant". Why? Because I believe in equality in gaming? I'd have problems with it if it happened the other way too.

Neo Dark
04-16-2013, 10:37 PM
they should just give you guys a title that says "Better late then never"

I was joking about the title there anyway, but I think that "Better Late Than Never" would be an awesome starting title...

cypheon
04-16-2013, 10:41 PM
important45: your assumption that every single person who plays this game is playing on pc -and- purchasing through steam really... makes you out to be the ignorant one here. xbox 360 and ps3 both have defiance... can't download that one, you gotta have the disc to play, and australia has ridiculous (i mean, i need a scuba tank just to keep laughing when i read them, ridiculous) laws regarding hard copy video games, so, yeah...

a large number of players were simply boned out of 2 full weeks of gaming. its not trion's fault, however. you aussies are supposed to be better judges of character than us americans. quit voting in people who just bone you out of basic electronic entertainment :p

DoyleVaan
04-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Trion worlds is an American company and of course cares more for Americans. Can't help that your country is not making games and series airing on the tv. Do not try to complain. All you foreigners are just ridiculous.

Mivo
04-16-2013, 10:44 PM
I don't get the Steam responses. He already said he plays on a console.

The title and the bonuses were for players who had to deal with the launch issues. I want to say "you side stepped those by not playing around launch day", but the issues really haven't changed much, so I won't say that. I'd be frustrated too.

The complaint about the missed episode missions is certainly valid, too. I think this was a pretty bad design decision too because plenty of people will buy the game in the next few weeks and months, and they all will feel like they missed out. It would bug me and possibly even prevent me from buying the game (same reason why I never picked up a MMORPG after launch). There should be a "time machine" kind of device to catch up on those missions.

The problem with this forum is that whenever someone is upset about something, hordes of "LOL sucks for you!" jacks spring out of the bushes. What's up with being so mean-spirited and the lack of any kind of compassion? Sad reflection of society.

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 10:48 PM

The title and the bonuses were for players who had to deal with the launch issues. I want to say "you side stepped those by not playing around launch day", but the issues really haven't changed much, so I won't say that. I'd be frustrated too.

The complaint about the missed episode missions is certainly valid, too. I think this was a pretty bad design decision too because plenty of people will buy the game in the next few weeks and months, and they all will feel like they missed out. It would bug me and possibly even prevent me from buying the game (same reason why I never picked up a MMORPG after launch). There should be a "time machine" kind of device to catch up on those missions.

The problem with this forum is that whenever someone is upset about something, hordes of "LOL sucks for you!" jacks spring out of the bushes. What's up with being so mean-spirited and the lack of any kind of compassion? Sad reflection of society.

Well, he only mentioned console after I mentioned Steam, so yeah.

Also, PC master race. \o/

ElevenOHNOES
04-16-2013, 10:52 PM
OP, I dunno what to tell you. There were plenty of options available to you. I'm in Australia and I've been playing this on PS3 for over 1 1/2 weeks. It's been on the PSN store for at least that long, and most retail stores I've looked at had the game for sale before the April 11th release date I saw listed in some places.

cypheon
04-16-2013, 10:53 PM

that, my friend, is the shooter crowd. its not just these forums, its every forum frequented by "die hard" shooter players. they're ******bags. i know, because i used to be one. then shooter games started to suck, and i managed to escape. it's the same reason every single thread that mentions the phrase "voice chat", is asking for it to be turned off by default, or removed completely. the moment someone realised what it looked like to crouch over a corpse is the moment the entire crowd started sliding into a pit of hatred, never to return to human decency again.

Mivo
04-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Well, he only mentioned console after I mentioned Steam, so yeah. Also, PC master race. \o/

Heh, I game on a PC too and my most recent console was a PS1 (unless you count the PSP, DS and iPad as consoles), but I often think that they are a more sane choice for gaming. Cheaper, more franchises, more convenient in some ways. A lot of what we've been getting on the PC in the more recent years are console ports anyway (Defiance feels every bit like a console game to me). I think during the time the xbox existed, I went through four computers and five or six video cards. ;)

Point about him mentioning the console later taken!

Carnak
04-16-2013, 11:05 PM
its not trion's fault, however. you aussies are supposed to be better judges of character than us americans. quit voting in people who just bone you out of basic electronic entertainment :p

We have the same problem as many democacies. Once every couple of years we cast a single vote for one bunch of idiots or the other. Not a huge amount of power in our hands really.

While I'm unaffected because I'm a PC user and purchased digitally direct from them, ultimately TRION is responsible for issues like this. They made the decision to put a time limit on this content, they control the timing, and they should be aware of potential delays in customers getting their product.

Personally I couldn't be bothered getting angry over it but it is a slight logistical failure on their part. The upside is TRION have a good reputation for looking after their customers and I expect they'll do something to fix this.

Just the usual fan-troll fare.

They seem to think that the aggressive defence of a game/company is a good idea. I think it just makes the game's community look toxic.

Disarmonia
04-16-2013, 11:05 PM
It's not Trion's fault our country is useless, just sayin...

Neo Dark
04-16-2013, 11:09 PM

I didn't really sidestep anything. See, the difference between the people who didn't deal with the problem and those who couldn't, is the one's who couldn't had no choice, the ones who didn't just didn't want to deal with it.

I agree with you on the missed episodes. I was thinking about worldwide launch and didn't even consider the fact that if the series is a hit more people will get the game and miss out... It seems odd to have the stuff coded too and then not allow new players to play it...

Hopefully Trion will surprise me and come up with some good way to fix the episode mission problem as well as an additional way to allow people to get the title (even if it is an extremely rare event).

Mykre
04-16-2013, 11:18 PM
I am Australian and have been with the game since the beta, loving it. I picked up the game on pre order a full week before the release, and did a pre install a couple of days before release. With the episode missions It only took a couple of hours to do it and Trion have said that they will be back after the tv show airs for those that missed them.

As for the Key codes.... I have collected heaps of them, and the devs have said that they where not meant to be gotten from the emergencies... As for the equipment gain... You get better equipment from the bosses in the Marin missions, almost all of the stuff I have gotten from the lock boxes I have sold again before leaving the merchant.

Get over it Aus and NZ Gamers are always going to be left behind, you need to under stand that and move on, there are other ways.

Mykre
04-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Trion worlds is an American company and of course cares more for Americans. Can't help that your country is not making games and series airing on the tv. Do not try to complain. All you foreigners are just ridiculous.

At least the Staring Actor is Australian....

Belmthemus
04-16-2013, 11:22 PM
If you wish to do something about games and tv shows being released in AU/NZ then you'll need to speak to the distributors and the TV channels there or start your own.

I wouldn't like the episode missions being available to others who join later but as a fix for any who don't have access to the show until after the US/EU people Trion could release a code to those who are in these areas that allows them to "claim" the missions via the store when they are removed from the game ?

Mivo
04-16-2013, 11:36 PM
I wouldn't like the episode missions being available to others who join later

Why not? It doesn't have an impact on your game experience if other people could do those missions, since you wouldn't see them anyway as you already did them. It may have an impact if other people can't do them, because it makes the game less appealing to people joining later. If someone, in a month or two, asked me if I recommend the game, I'd list that as a negative.

Elandriel
04-16-2013, 11:56 PM

I am not from your part of the world, but I do completely support you. Complain until you get satisfied. You payed the same (more or less) amount of money as me and you deserve to get the same amount of play time as me.

DMC14
04-17-2013, 10:46 PM
See, we don't HAVE to pay more as we CAN order online, but to get the special editions or the game at/soon after release we do. It's a screwed up system and it annoys me, but it annoys me alot less when companies then don't screw us out of stuff.

Cant dl it on Xbox.

DMC14
04-17-2013, 10:51 PM
important45: your assumption that every single person who plays this game is playing on pc -and- purchasing through steam really... makes you out to be the ignorant one here. xbox 360 and ps3 both have defiance... can't download that one, you gotta have the disc to play, and australia has ridiculous (i mean, i need a scuba tank just to keep laughing when i read them, ridiculous) laws regarding hard copy video games, so, yeah...

a large number of players were simply boned out of 2 full weeks of gaming. its not trion's fault, however. you aussies are supposed to be better judges of character than us americans. quit voting in people who just bone you out of basic electronic entertainment :p

that last bit was a little ignorant. we didnt vote this b1tch (or ****) in. and the laws regarding games have changed very recently.

fatoldguy
04-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Are Aussies always pissed? Every online game I play has tons of posts like this from Aussies.

RushNlowZ
04-17-2013, 11:10 PM
If it makes you feel any better the lockboxes haven't exactly been a gold mine for great items. I've pulled down my fair share of them and have yet to pull down anything better than purple items most of which were either detonators or rockets which I don't uses anyway. I definitely agree with the fact that emergencies not giving keycodes is crappy. Reducing the reward for doing something most people were otherwise ignoring anyway is a pretty bad idea IMO.

Lyokira
04-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Mostly cause Aussies/NZ tend to get the the short end of the stick. Even for their own developed games. (e.g. Path of Exile, developed in NZ, Oceanic servers hosted in Singapore)

Ne0
04-17-2013, 11:38 PM
A North American company catering for mainly the US?
That applies only to the IP restricted Defiance TV show, NOT the Game !

Hostee
04-17-2013, 11:59 PM

I like this guy ^^

Dr Shepard
04-18-2013, 12:11 AM

Given your username and the first paragraph I couldn't read anymore. I did get a good laugh at ya tho, ty.

Apoc
04-18-2013, 12:24 AM

1. Hmm I'm from Sydney and had the game on release date - Maybe you should be raging at Microsoft or Sony about the crappy way they distribute through Live or PSN. (or buy a PC!!!)

2. 1 day was plenty of time to get the episode missions completed (my wife finished them in just over an hour) and it was mentioned everywhere they were being removed once the series aired, so your blaming Trion for your own ignorance.

3. Lock-boxes are very overrated imo so don't get your nickas in a twist over that - besides you can just salvage anything you find to accumulate Keys. The emergencies were never supposed to provide keys anyway... yes some players benefited out of that but it's not like Trion set out to screw you over like your implying.

4. I got the special edition on PC and I paid a lot less than $50, once again maybe you should be raging at your console manufacturer.

4.5 Learn to spell "Fourth"

Seriously mate, people like you make me feel embarrassed that I'm Australian.

Sarin
04-18-2013, 12:33 AM
Right...

So, here's the thing, I live in Perth with stupid amounts of latency to the US servers and only a ~12meg connection, I got the game through steam and downloaded it directly off the Trion site, then just copied the data over to steam on release.

I have all the titles and gear that the US does and the steam bonuses, I've also finished the story and once I've finished work I'm going to do the new pursuits, I have done about half of all the side quests and I work about 40 hours a week plus I have study.

I really don't see how you can blame Trion for any of these issues seeing as the rest of us haven't got any.
Hell, if anything you should complain about the latency which even then, isn't horrific.

Apoc
04-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Are Aussies always pissed? Every online game I play has tons of posts like this from Aussies.

No we are not.. well most of us anyway.

Ok we do get the short end of the stick in a fair amount of games but most of us have learned how to deal with it. I personally never buy a game from an Aussie retailer because the pricing is utter BS over here for games and a lot of titles aren't even released over here officially.

I have come to accept a lot of downtime (from any MMO/MMORPG) from server resets or updates in our prime time - I have a tonne of other games I can play when servers are down or I just go and spend some time with my Kids.

I cringe when I see to obligatory "AU Players screwed again!" post relating to most games I play and it ranges from server downtime to pricing mainly. It amazes me that most gamers I know are reasonably intelligent but most of the loons that post these types of threads would rather just sit and whinge instead of using their brains and finding alternatives.

Never go full r e t a r d! - Some Aussies need to remember that.

Apoc
04-18-2013, 12:51 AM
that last bit was a little ignorant. we didnt vote this b1tch (or ****) in. and the laws regarding games have changed very recently.

Here here!

She is such a b1tch!