PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Mods - Where do i find them?

Lazerus
04-16-2013, 10:23 PM
I have found a few weapons with it, but i have never seen a mod.
i cant find a vendor who sells items with this stat, so no mod-boxes.
also the random-mod-boxes do only contain two different mod types, dont know exactly what kind of synergy, but its always the same.
so...is there a way to get the assassin synergy, or others from somewhere?

Bluegobln
04-16-2013, 10:40 PM
They will be more common later in the game. If they aren't they'll increase drop rates. :D

ninjaflood
04-16-2013, 10:54 PM
They're not in the game right now. The only two synergy mods besides reputation vendor mods in the game are run and gun and brutal.

Valethar
04-16-2013, 10:54 PM
I've gotten several Assassin weapons, but I've yet to see a mod for them. I've picked up some nice blue Scavenger sniper rifle mods, but I've never seen a weapon with that synergy.

Definitely hoping to see the synergies tuned better at some point. At the moment, there's no real incentive to even buy the synergy 'boxes' because the odds of getting something you can use are heavily stacked against you. It would be better to just make them available for direct sale on the vendors. This lottery crap with boxes is a cheap mechanic.

Lyokira
04-16-2013, 10:58 PM
I've gotten several Assassin weapons, but I've yet to see a mod for them. I've picked up some nice blue Scavenger sniper rifle mods, but I've never seen a weapon with that synergy.

Definitely hoping to see the synergies tuned better at some point. At the moment, there's no real incentive to even buy the synergy 'boxes' because the odds of getting something you can use are heavily stacked against you. It would be better to just make them available for direct sale on the vendors. This lottery crap with boxes is a cheap mechanic.
Soleptor rep vendor sells weapons with scavenger perk, but no sniper rifles with it. :x

Bored Peon
04-16-2013, 11:36 PM
I just did a defend vendor event near the hotshot chicken event. It had a blue weapon witht he assasin synergy on it in the special sale section.

I have also seen some of the outlaw synergy weapons at vendor in the special sale section.

Scorcher
04-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Don't quote me on this but I remember reading something somewhere that you can find certain synergy specific weapons in the faction shops with reputation and what not. The same synergy weapon types you find there are the same synergy type mods you get out of the same faction mod boxes, if that makes sense. For example: top-notch has synergy rolling thunder weapons so they will also give rolling thunder mods. I think for each faction there were 3 different synergy types each? Not sure if this is 100% true don't quote me.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-17-2013, 12:18 AM
the problem isn't with finding weapons with synergies (they're very common) the problem is the mods don't seem to even be in game. unless some people are right and you get access at high ego, but if that's the case don't give weapons that need that synergy at lik 300 ego. whole system seems flawed

Firetalion
04-19-2013, 08:28 PM
There are synergy mods available for specific synergy weapons, but only the ones each vendor sells for rep.

I have a wonderful looking purple 'Rocker' machine gun sitting on my screen for sale right now, of the Assassin synergy variety.

Since there is no such thing as an 'Assassin Synergy Mod' that exists in Defiance right now, I have absolutely no reason to buy it.

Bummer. Why can't game developers actually finish designing their games before the release date any more? Can anyone imagine if the warp zones didn't work in 'Super Mario Brothers', and you had to get an update to get them to work?

Don't get me wrong, I had a blast with Defiance... but once you've beaten the story mode and gotten all the achievements, there really isn't any reason to turn it on anymore. Fignuts to that 400 MS points I spent on the extra 15 inventory slots.