PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing from VBI Vendor caused me to lose rep

mikegonzalez2k
04-16-2013, 11:38 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or there are reputation credits earned from the dailies but after buying a gun from a rep vendor such as the VBI Vendor my rep total went down.

Dinova
04-16-2013, 11:40 PM
You buy guns with the reputation, if you got 110 rep, buy a 100 rep gun, you have only 10 left.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
As asinine as it is, that is apparently how it is intended to work. They suddenly forget all you've done for them.

grunion
I have heard both ways. One person said that is intended and another person said it's not. Haven't seen any official posts of this on forum or Trion's site so can't tell for sure. I was saving till cap just to be safe so I could get pursuit credit.

Munx
04-16-2013, 11:46 PM
As asinine as it is, that is apparently how it is intended to work. They suddenly forget all you've done for them.

Look at it like building up goodwill with a organization, the more you demand of them the more that goodwill decreases unless you continue to build on it.

Personally I think its a rather solid system.

grunion
04-16-2013, 11:50 PM
I don't mind it too much. I can't buy anything and expect to get mods for them right now with the amount of rep given, gonna take a while. Nothing in the stores are too game changing until the mods so I decided to max first then start buying. On another note holy cow the names are 1000 points each, seems a tad high considering the rate at which rep is attained.

GT3000
04-17-2013, 12:17 AM
Reputation is essentially just currency or tokens. Do this task, get these tokens, spend it on this exclusive loot.

I don't mind it too much. I can't buy anything and expect to get mods for them right now with the amount of rep given, gonna take a while. Nothing in the stores are too game changing until the mods so I decided to max first then start buying. On another note holy cow the names are 1000 points each, seems a tad high considering the rate at which rep is attained.

Well, they are supposed to be exclusive.

04-17-2013, 12:22 AM
It is *both* a leveling up system and a currency.

It shouldn't be like that. There should be a leveling up system *and* a currency system that are separate.

Munx
04-17-2013, 12:23 AM
why?

/10 chars

04-17-2013, 12:36 AM
why?

/10 chars

Because the current system is stupid and counter-productive?

Munx
04-17-2013, 12:50 AM
is it really?

04-17-2013, 02:18 AM
is it really?

Uhm, obviously?

GT3000
04-17-2013, 02:22 AM
Uhm, obviously?

Your pursuit goal and currency is separate. You don't lose any progress to the pursuit goals when you spend rep tokens.

EDIT: Well, color me dumb. It is tied. That is dumb. I don't believe that's intended. Must be a bug.

RelativeBlue
04-17-2013, 02:31 AM
Look at it like building up goodwill with a organization, the more you demand of them the more that goodwill decreases unless you continue to build on it.

Personally I think its a rather solid system.

If that's not the official explanation already, Trion needs to steal this reasoning.

04-17-2013, 02:35 AM
Your pursuit goal and currency is separate. You don't lose any progress to the pursuit goals when you spend rep tokens.

EDIT: Well, color me dumb. It is tied. That is dumb. I don't believe that's intended. Must be a bug.

Told you so.

Next time maybe check something out before, y'know, scoffing away people's arguments.

:)

GT3000
04-17-2013, 02:39 AM
Told you so.

Next time maybe check something out before, y'know, scoffing away people's arguments.

:)

Have you tried saving up your rep to trigger the pursuit accomplishment and then spending it?
If that's the case then it works but is wholly stupid in how you're supposed to deduce that you must save your rep until the pursuit is accomplished.

Hperf
04-17-2013, 03:34 AM
It shouldn't be like that. There should be a leveling up system *and* a currency system that are separate.

To do like any other MMO on the market ?
Me think noooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Elandriel
04-17-2013, 03:43 AM
I haven't bought anything with my reputation points yet, but let me see if I understand this correctly.

You do some work for certain faction and you gain some reputation with them because of that. But when you buy THEIR weapon from THEIR vendor you loose reputation with them? Is this how this system works?

MacDeath
04-17-2013, 04:38 AM
I haven't bought anything with my reputation points yet, but let me see if I understand this correctly.

You do some work for certain faction and you gain some reputation with them because of that. But when you buy THEIR weapon from THEIR vendor you loose reputation with them? Is this how this system works?
You're not LOSING rep, you're SPENDING rep.

Fennix
04-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Semantics my friend

EnabrimGFC
04-17-2013, 10:19 AM

If you had the option to buy all the guns once you get 200rep it would be too easy to get all the guns

Shima
04-17-2013, 10:25 AM
I think you basically have to make the decision of whether or not you want to increase the rep gain for a pursuit or spend the rep you earn on shiny items (that from what I've seen...kinda suck anyway).

I don't know that it's bugged or broken, just a different design.

KodiakX
04-17-2013, 10:36 AM
It is definitely intended.

I had 205 Toolworks reputation so I bought 2 Mod Caches and noticed my rep go down. At first I was kinda annoyed cause I saw I now had 5/300. At first I took this mean that I would now need to grind another 200 rep to bring myself back up to where I was, but after gaining 100 more rep I then had 105/600 meaning the over all reputation advanced into the "Reliable" status. This means you can spend it as much as you want and the over all total advancement with the reputation continues. You don't have to wait till 1000 before you start spending.

Really what they should do is make it so that screen shows your lifetime total and use the Stats tab (which shows your ratings) show the currency available for you to spend as not to confuse people.

grunion
04-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Yea I wish there was a place for the rep currency and rep itself. Stats would be good as you said, it shows every other currency.

Blak
04-17-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or there are reputation credits earned from the dailies but after buying a gun from a rep vendor such as the VBI Vendor my rep total went down.

It isn't rep it is money.