PDA

View Full Version : Voip please read

Renphear
03-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Dear Trion,

Would you please consider putting in a Voip using 3D sound.

It would add to the awesome that is defiance, if per say a troop of players could bust out of cover chanting war cry's and taunts at the intended victoms.

:cool:

Foxhop
03-15-2013, 08:52 PM
I honestly don't know what that is, but it sounds pretty nifty. :3

Paladin
03-15-2013, 08:55 PM
I honestly don't know what that is, but it sounds pretty nifty. :3

I think what he's trying too say, which is what I thought of when I heard of proximity voice chat is when your voice comes from your location instead of the volume of your voice being the same as long as your in proximity.

Busdriver
03-15-2013, 08:56 PM
I think what he's trying too say, which is what I thought of when I heard of proximity voice chat is when your voice comes from your location instead of the volume of your voice being the same as long as your in proximity.

hmmm...i use stereo headphones, so i dont care...but maybe on console it might be interesting...

Desidus
03-15-2013, 08:57 PM

They already decided that they didn't want proximity chat at all. It was mentioned in a live stream or in the hour with Defiance... one of those video thingys.

Paladin
03-15-2013, 08:58 PM
They already decided that they didn't want proximity chat at all. It was mentioned in a live stream or in the hour with Defiance... one of those video thingys.
Thank god! Already major safe zones in MMOS are annoying with text spams.

Desidus
03-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Thank god! Already major safe zones in MMOS are annoying with text spams.

Yep pretty much what I was thinking.. I don't want to have to listen to all those teenieboppers trying to act all tough either...

COD trolls times 100

Foxhop
03-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Oh yeah...the unpleasant side of giving people something neat...the idiots who abuse it. -.-;
What a shame.

Renphear
03-15-2013, 09:31 PM
You know Really a VIOP (voice over ip) ie skype,xfire,teamspeak,mummble,ventrillo to name a few is not in fact text right ?

Paladin
03-15-2013, 09:33 PM
You know Really a VIOP (voice over ip) ie skype,xfire,teamspeak,mummble,ventrillo to name a few is not in fact text right ?

Yes
10char/

Renphear
03-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Yes
10char/

Good to know, and great to see those of us with a Voip will still have the upper hand in team based combat.

Desidus
03-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Good to know, and great to see those of us with a Voip will still have the upper hand in team based combat.

if you are in a group you can voice with your group.. so... not really?

Renphear
03-15-2013, 09:47 PM
if you are in a group you can voice with your group.. so... not really?

So let me get this straight, they are putting in a voip for use only in teams v-chat, yet there not going to allow for a dynamic 3D sound environment for a gobal v-chat

Desidus
03-15-2013, 09:50 PM
So let me get this straight, they are putting in a voip for use only in teams v-chat, yet there not going to allow for a dynamic 3D sound environment for a gobal v-chat

Yep groups and guilds chat.. no proximity or global from what I understand... obviously not global... in a game with a 1000 people in a server that would be dumb.. and proximity chat would probably just be as annoying.

Glodragon
03-15-2013, 10:00 PM
you do realize that when he says 3D sound it means that if the person trying to talk to you is no where near you you either wont hear them or wont hear them for **** so having a idea like his implemented into the game would make it a hell of a ot more interesting that's for damn sure

Paladin
03-15-2013, 10:04 PM
you do realize that when he says 3D sound it means that if the person trying to talk to you is no where near you you either wont hear them or wont hear them for **** so having a idea like his implemented into the game would make it a hell of a ot more interesting that's for damn sure

That was my understanding.

Desidus
03-15-2013, 10:14 PM

have you seen the game and how many people are all in one area like for example an arkfall? We haven't even really seen the safe areas yet so who knows how many would all be gathered in an area like that.

I am just stating that I prefer no proximity chat/3D sound because I am sick of hearing trolls and fools in games. People act ******ed in games because they know you can't do anything about it. So thats my opinion.. not saying it has to be yours. lol.

Also I was telling you what I heard from a video... that they said no proximity chat. Almost possitive its in the Hour with Defiance video....

Glodragon
03-15-2013, 10:17 PM
i understand the trolls part which is why if they did think of adding something like this the ignore list should be infinite and count toward the VOIP so when you ignore them it would also cut off their VOIP chat