PDA

View Full Version : Time Trials and Dynamic Events...

Dobranoc
04-17-2013, 01:51 AM
why oh dear god why?

on my little ATV and I jump over the hills fallowing the glowy circles when BAM right where im going to land is a Monarch... BOOM, dont die, dont fail, left to run through the last 2 minutes on foot (which took more like 8 minutes) because it would not let me get another vehicle... and to make it worse, half way though one of the circles that i ran through on foot was a blue arkfall crystal... i was thinking oh man i would have hit that if i had a vehicle... why are Arkfalls and other dynamic events RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRACKS!!! also the timer is like 5 seconds off..

Time Trial: Miwok Hills 10:21

MstrJedi_Kyle
04-17-2013, 02:34 AM
I had a lot of things attack me while doing time trials, but I never had an Arkfall land in my path. Time trials are honestly more about being able to dodge the environment as opposed to doing them as fast as possible.

kobi
04-17-2013, 03:22 AM
You should see the 1st trial you encounter in San Fransisco when you jump and go down the hill there is a mini event with dark matters and the worst part is.... there is ****load of obstacles that you will 100% hit them and get delayed for couple seconds because 1 of the rings is just on top of a crate. Worst part your running get blown up or you die.

Dont bother completing that mini event because their respawn timer is soooooo quick that they will be back in lap 2. Took me nearly 2 hours to finish and I got 4 levels and 1/2 on my runner -.-.....

grog189
04-17-2013, 03:48 AM
Time and practice they are all able to be done in time. If you just can not get it then take a break do something else come back later.

Draugluin
04-17-2013, 04:01 AM
I have experienced an arkfall on a route as well bringing a ton of random debris right on track. The good news is: it won't last long. For gaining gold on every such trial I simply explored the course on few first attempts but later on when I got lost on it I simply jumped out from quad, it tells me I failed and I can start a new attempt and I lose less time.

However, once I had one of these Blacklung guys next to me at the start of the course. Before the countdown was done me and my quad were annihilated. How I take it? With sense of humour. It makes me laugh thinking how the universe has put itself all against me.

KashraFall
04-17-2013, 04:25 AM
Ah yes, the time trials. I am glad to be done with them. It was one of the scarier moments of the game, especially in San Fran when you go passed two or more bulwarks. They can damage that runner fast enough to blow it up and it sucks xD.

Erei
04-17-2013, 04:59 AM
The worst being a truck or a roadblock suddenly spawning 1meter in front of you, and bumping you 10 or 20meters away.
Works with hellbug eggs to.

Thadin
04-18-2013, 12:19 PM
any one elts notice since the patch in the 16th that the timers are off on the time trials i pass the line at like 34secs and at end it says silver with 41sec + and its doing my head in iv tried two diff trials now and they are doing the same thing..

jasper murtagh
04-18-2013, 12:44 PM
I use to be an ark racer until an arkfall took out my knee... um atv! :)

littlejay
04-18-2013, 01:41 PM
I had a few that I was 1 second away from gold and the pursuit still said I got gold. Other than 4 trials, I did everything first try. 2 of my failures just took 1 retry and the other two caused a few problems but were not that hard over all. I found the rampage stuff harder imo.