PDA

View Full Version : Shadow war? no players...gg

axio
04-17-2013, 05:47 AM
Eu server 3 pm here, usually one of the best hour for play game after the luch... but there are none for shadow war... after 2 week shadow wars doesn't starts... i have no words.

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 05:53 AM
Most europeans are soloing the game. Couple that with no chat in-game and no chat out of the game on PSN. Also PS3 has low headset threshold anyway also various different languages and timezones...

I tell you I can't wait till UK it considered a usa server territory. I'm sick of being bundled in with germans and spanish and italian and french which I cant communicate with. I would happily play on the us server at 3am to meet my friends rather than be stuck with non english speaking players in various timezones.

axio
04-17-2013, 06:13 AM
im on pc.... and it ridicoulus that shadow wars doesn't starts after 2 week.... no matter which language, there are no ppl or none want do it.

Pelaquin
04-17-2013, 06:21 AM
I know it sucks, Shadow Wars is a lot of fun, people are really missing out by not playing it.

ctabako
04-17-2013, 06:25 AM
I know it sucks, Shadow Wars is a lot of fun, people are really missing out by not playing it.

Yeah what a lot of fun, everyone is invisible and shooting each other in the backs with shotguns. No one is playing because of this.

MajorProbes
04-17-2013, 06:26 AM
I'll be honest i've not tried playing any PVP yet as been hooked on levelling my character and getting good guns. Didn't see the point in playing against people with all the ego perks and gun mods. Maybe some people are in the same boat. Game has only been out a few weeks.

loops73
04-17-2013, 06:27 AM
I que up for shadow wars on xbox a lot,and most of the time it either says there are no matches or it drops my connection trying to load the match. rarely do I actually get into one.

krissy
04-17-2013, 06:28 AM
Love the shadow wars but only got in to one recently. Really wish it would pick up.

Evilution
04-17-2013, 06:29 AM
I don't pvp in this game but they nerf weapons for pvp and no one does shadow wars that much, sorry but it just made me lol :p

Pheal
04-17-2013, 06:30 AM
Never took me more than five minutes to get into one.

Fiancee
04-17-2013, 06:33 AM
Things have slowed down most definitely. There isnt any real reason to do Shadow PVP. Launch is over and people are taking it easy now.

SieraV
04-17-2013, 06:35 AM
I haven't played a lot of shadow war, but it normaly takes me about 10-15min to get into one.

I'm on the PS3 EU server btw

Xyr3s
04-17-2013, 06:37 AM
I'll be honest i've not tried playing any PVP yet as been hooked on levelling my character and getting good guns. Didn't see the point in playing against people with all the ego perks and gun mods. Maybe some people are in the same boat. Game has only been out a few weeks.

hmmm i dunno... i went in at like 300 egor and i was around top 3 in my team usually... in waterfront or what evs that map is called :)

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 06:38 AM
I haven't played a lot of shadow war, but it normaly takes me about 10-15min to get into one.

I'm on the PS3 EU server btw

I've seen 2 since I started at launch on EU PS3. I waited 40 minutes at "need 16 more players" :C

Fuzzy Skinner
04-17-2013, 06:38 AM
Yeah what a lot of fun, everyone is invisible and shooting each other in the backs with shotguns. No one is playing because of this.

You are confusing Shadow Wars with Team Death Match. Those that try that cloak/shottie crap in SW get steamrolled by anyone using a real loadout.

On the US server SWs happen fairly often so rarely have to wait more than 5 minutes. Sucks for you EU guys. :(

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 06:43 AM
You are confusing Shadow Wars with Team Death Match. Those that try that cloak/shottie crap in SW get steamrolled by anyone using a real loadout.

On the US server SWs happen fairly often so rarely have to wait more than 5 minutes. Sucks for you EU guys. :(

Well there is more people playing it for starters, second EU don't really care about **** comparing competitive playing and would rather solo grind

oexto
04-17-2013, 06:46 AM
I've done 3 or 4 shadow wars on PC, not tried the deathmatch stuff yet at all. The Shadow Wars I got into were a ton of fun. I agree it take some time to get them started though. Maybe they need to lower the minimum number of players to start one or something. I haven't ran into the "OMG cloak and shotgun are decimating the world" stuff, it was some pretty decent capture and hold going on...if you play it like COD you'll probably lose fast...but if you play it more strategically and slower it's a lot of fun.

I actually would like to see them just have Shadow Wars with just open PVP instead of capture and hold. Maybe just flag a given area like they do now and let people jump into it and go hunting eachother down for a while. I always jump on a shadow war when I see it pop up, it's worth it and you never know when the next one will get going =P

Jaws
04-17-2013, 06:48 AM
What is shadow war? There is no in-game description, and I can not be bothered to google.

Coolrockski
04-17-2013, 06:49 AM
On East Coast between 10PM-2AM, SW starts within 5 minutes if not later, Obvservatory almost instant.

SW is definitely one of the game bright spots. Almost every match is unique in how it plays out..some camp and defend with sniper rifles, some defend with SG, some rush in with vehicles, a good mix, unlike Observatory/Docks. Good XP/keys too.

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 06:51 AM
What is shadow war? There is no in-game description, and I can not be bothered to google.

tTGf2qamD9A

Xenocow
04-17-2013, 06:53 AM
I am now 5 hours in Queue...it doesnt open

digibluez
04-17-2013, 06:55 AM

What are you talking about, get cloak, and a shotgun and start shooting, I never had problems with that, there are many different types of shotguns to fool around with, keep in mind that, this is just a fun to play game not a pro league game. Dont take too seriously if u cant get 100 kills in 1 game, just sit back and take it easy

Eweor
04-17-2013, 06:55 AM
I would play it but Im taking a break from the game until they fix it bvut the times I have tried its been pretty dead

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 06:56 AM
What are you talking about, get cloak, and a shotgun and start shooting, I never had problems with that, there are many different types of shotguns to fool around with, keep in mind that, this is just a fun to play game not a pro league game. Dont take too seriously if u cant get 100 kills in 1 game, just sit back and take it easy

It's only key farmers who are complaining... _

Xenocow
04-17-2013, 06:57 AM
What is "Capture and Hold" btw?

Its Shadow Wars... isnt it ?
Or is there a different one as well?

Ensu
04-17-2013, 06:58 AM
Most europeans are soloing the game. Couple that with no chat in-game and no chat out of the game on PSN. Also PS3 has low headset threshold anyway also various different languages and timezones...

I tell you I can't wait till UK it considered a usa server territory. I'm sick of being bundled in with germans and spanish and italian and french which I cant communicate with. I would happily play on the us server at 3am to meet my friends rather than be stuck with non english speaking players in various timezones.

Americans often say the same about Brazilians. That said, I hope you get a chance to choose. Us PC folk do.

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 07:00 AM
What is "Capture and Hold" btw?

Its Shadow Wars... isnt it ?
Or is there a different one as well?

Domination

Draugluin
04-17-2013, 07:00 AM
Eu server 3 pm here, usually one of the best hour for play game after the luch... but there are none for shadow war... after 2 week shadow wars doesn't starts... i have no words.

It just might be because pvp shooter games are too abundant already. Finally something different, but not for long. Pvp has already started to ruin the game.

I did one SW on EU (PC) and I had it enough. I find it a lot more enjoyable to gain progression via other methods.

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 07:02 AM
Americans often say the same about Brazilians. That said, I hope you get a chance to choose. Us PC folk do.

America is the largest english speaking country in the world including canada. UK is relativly small in europe and also has no where near the same amount of english speakers. It's not really the same at all

Xenocow
04-17-2013, 07:04 AM
Domination

I can only pick "Waterfront" / "Observatory" which is deathmatch
and Shadow Wars....

Where is Capture and Hold ? .

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 07:05 AM
I can only pick "Waterfront" / "Observatory" which is deathmatch
and Shadow Wars....

Where is Capture and Hold ? .
Shadow war IS capture and hold AKA domination

oexto
04-17-2013, 07:07 AM
Shadow war IS capture and hold AKA domination

^^This...if I called it by the wrong name I apologize for confusing people.

That_MF_Wolf
04-17-2013, 07:09 AM

While you will need to buy a xbox or get it on pc if you want that for this game. they cant make it happen on PSN. see xbox is better anyway.

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 07:14 AM
while you will need to buy a xbox or get it on pc if you want that for this game. They cant make it happen on psn. See xbox is better anyway.

eu xbox live support/features

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnzb9eXMZl1qaarijo1_500.gif

Tornad0s
04-17-2013, 07:14 AM
I'm searching for shadow wars (xbox uk) too from the morning and as i can see there wasn't any shadow war matches today..
After month of release couple achievements will be almost unobtainable...

Gabbro1000
04-17-2013, 07:15 AM
I did a shadow wars, because a pursuit told me to! I'd have thought, BECAUSE it was a new pursuit, there would loads of people up for it... took just short of an HOUR to get going. I did, however, manage to complete my last few side quests in that time. Will probably just que for it again while re-playing the campaign.

Cortechs
04-17-2013, 07:16 AM

I suspect this is the largest reason it isn't played more. Personally, I don't know what it is either. I see it pop up occasionally, but I'm usually busy doing something else.

If the players and devs start pushing it, and it really is fun, then I'm sure it could take off.

I'll check out the vid and give it a shot tonight.

shotgunEX
04-17-2013, 07:20 AM
While you will need to buy a xbox or get it on pc if you want that for this game. they cant make it happen on PSN. see xbox is better anyway.

Lol numbers say otherwise

Ensu
04-17-2013, 07:23 AM
I suspect this is the largest reason it isn't played more. Personally, I don't know what it is either. I see it pop up occasionally, but I'm usually busy doing something else.

If the players and devs start pushing it, and it really is fun, then I'm sure it could take off.

I'll check out the vid and give it a shot tonight.

It's open world pvp with a capture and hold mechanic, flagging all participants as attackable. There are two teams. There are multiple capture and hold objectives, holding them increases your team's victory bar. Vehicles are available.

When I say open world, I mean it is set in the world. One capture and hold location might be a 99er mine entrance, another a barn, another an open field, another a building complex. This causes the combat to be dynamic and allow for a greater mix of builds than the CQC of a small 6v6 competitive pvp match.

necrofobic
04-17-2013, 07:25 AM
its cause people dont know they arent queued up for em all, it matetrs wich area you are in when you queue up.

i also play on eu server and we had 4 almost full shadowwars at the same time, if all those people went to the same area and queued up we would have no wait time at all

oexto
04-17-2013, 07:26 AM
It's open world pvp with a capture and hold mechanic, flagging all participants as attackable. There are two teams. There are multiple capture and hold objectives, holding them increases your team's victory bar. Vehicles are available.

When I say open world, I mean it is set in the world. One capture and hold location might be a 99er mine entrance, another a barn, another an open field, another a building complex. This causes the combat to be dynamic and allow for a greater mix of builds than the CQC of a small 6v6 competitive pvp match.

Yeah, everything going on the world is still going on where ever the shadow war is taking place. It's always funny to see people who aren't in the shadow war look around like "WTF is going on?!@?"

mutharex
04-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Lol numbers say otherwise

What numbers? BTW I had a 360 and a PS3, at the end I was using the PS3 only as BR player (the few exclusives weren't my cup of tea and the multi format generally came out better on xbox), I ended up selling it and buying a dedicated standalone player.

It's not a coincidence that the PS4 is going to be completely different from the PS3, in architecture and philosophy

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Borderlands 1.5

Tornad0s
04-17-2013, 07:29 AM
It is not pop occasionally. Press on d-pad: right (matchmaking), and choose "shadow war quick match", then you can do everything in your single game, and after 32 other gamers do the same, match will start.

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 07:30 AM
What numbers? BTW I had a 360 and a PS3, at the end I was using the PS3 only as BR player (the few exclusives weren't my cup of tea and the multi format generally came out better on xbox), I ended up selling it and buying a dedicated standalone player.

It's not a coincidence that the PS4 is going to be completely different from the PS3, in architecture and philosophy

Lazy devs fault not the hardware. which 360 were you using? youre 4th or 5th?

r3dl4nce
04-17-2013, 07:32 AM
1. normal people did not rush content and main mission, lot of players are still interested in completing storyline
2. EU peak time is usually after dinner, so 20.30 (8.30 pm) and after
3. if people are not interested in pvp, what's the problem?

Cortechs
04-17-2013, 07:33 AM

See, that sounds really cool to me. As does having the world go on at the same time. Are you all put into a group with team chat?

Figma
04-17-2013, 07:37 AM
There is few shadow wars on ps3/eu everyday, just try playing 6-9pm gmt
and region were you dtart search also matters so try madera/marin, they are most common

oexto
04-17-2013, 07:38 AM
See, that sounds really cool to me. As does having the world go on at the same time. Are you all put into a group with team chat?

Yeah I believe so. Those people on your team will have a green little icon on their nametag, those on the other side have nothing, but you'll know them by the health/shield bar over their head. It's a lot of fun. Like someone else said before, just queue up for it and continue playing until it tells you it's started. You'll see the capture points and who controls them, and you can go wherever you want to engage in battle.

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 07:38 AM

When its patched to work yes but it doesn't work now in team chat way

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 07:40 AM
There is few shadow wars on ps3/eu everyday, just try playing 6-9pm gmt

Lol you can do what you want... BUT... You need to be on at a specific time to be able to do something that you should be able to do at anytime of the day. When you describe things like that it becomes more glaring that the game is not doing so good.

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 07:44 AM
Lol you can do what you want... BUT... You need to be on at a specific time to be able to do something that you should be able to do at anytime of the day. When you describe things like that it becomes more glaring that the game is not doing so good.

What are you talking about? It's a MMO it's entirely community driven (obviously for PvP) Not a single community in any region on any platform is having non stop shadow wars

Brad
04-17-2013, 07:46 AM

i prefure my lmg but being cloaked dose seem to be a good way to get round the objectives (i had cloaked as my abilty anyway)

Shinji Ex
04-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Meh I play for PVE

We have enough PVP out there that do it a lot better BF/Halo/COD take your pick

Ensu
04-17-2013, 07:57 AM
What are you talking about? It's a MMO it's entirely community driven (obviously for PvP) Not a single community in any region on any platform is having non stop shadow wars

On the PC EU Beta we had non-stop shadow wars throughout the peak EU times and into the early morning. I haven't had much time to play so I've been focusing on the story and side missions so far, but its sad to hear there are no shadow wars.

If what the previous person said is true and the shadow wars are linked to area, try going back to Madera for your shadow war queue. I'll test areas in a bit.

Evilution
04-17-2013, 07:57 AM
Meh I play for PVE

We have enough PVP out there that do it a lot better BF/Halo/COD take your pickThis is what a lot of people feel I think, the pvp for a shooter in this game is lame compared to others already out there.

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 08:00 AM
On the PC EU Beta we had non-stop shadow wars throughout the peak EU times and into the early morning. I haven't had much time to play so I've been focusing on the story and side missions so far, but its sad to hear there are no shadow wars.

If what the previous person said is true and the shadow wars are linked to area, try going back to Madera for your shadow war queue. I'll test areas in a bit.

you get a notification if a shadow war starts and they would be visible on the map so It's not that im missing them

hardy83
04-17-2013, 08:03 AM
I think the problem is that SW is based on phases/servers/whatever and region.

If it just let you queue up for any shadow war, and the system just pooled EVERYONE together for a random area, not one specific place to fill it up as fast as possible, it might fix this.

Mt. Tam. Madera, Marin, Sausalito ,and SF all have separate SW you queue up for. It needs to be flat out random which one you queue up for. I think this is probably on of the bigger problems. If each area has 40 people in queue, then none of them will start, but if those people in queue were bunched together and the SW region picked at random, two games would start.

Also, like I said, it might also be based on phases, which separates players even more.

I do hope they fix this, cause I want to do the episode 2 pursuits.

Crunchyblack
04-17-2013, 08:06 AM
I think part of the reasons SW is dead is that everyones busy with the PVE, which is funny since a lot *****ed how short the pve content was.

I expect SW will pick up once more people finish the pve content. I know I have all of SF's side missions and challenges left and plan to start doing PVP after.

PVP was never the main thing with this game, you don't have the hordes of "hardcore" pvpers in this game since theres no open world pvp...which is good imo...those people ruin games via constant complaints regarding pvp that mess up pve...not that we haven't seen that kind of knee jerk pvp reaction already.

BaiorOfRed
04-17-2013, 08:24 AM
Despite the bug that doesn't allow you to sign up when grouped (annoying) I was able to get in 3 or 4 games last night. Shadow war is an absolute blast! I hope it picks up as sometimes it was slow to start, unlike last week when it took only a couple minutes to get going.

PVP more people! Cracks me up, people complain about lack of content but then take certain segments of the game (PVP, arkfalls, ect) and decide not to do them. I do 5-6 PVP matches, 2-3 co-ops, and 5-6 arkfalls every day in addition to the story quests, pursuits, contracts whatever. I am 1075 and just now got to Sausalito in the story.

Bored Peon
04-17-2013, 08:24 AM
I qued last night neeeded 20 more players.

I tabbed out surfed the forums. Then went out for a smoke. Surfed forums some more. Tab back into game and it needed 21 more players.

Ya I do not see myself queing for this veyr often

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 08:25 AM
I think part of the reasons SW is dead is that everyones busy with the PVE, which is funny since a lot *****ed how short the pve content was.

I expect SW will pick up once more people finish the pve content. I know I have all of SF's side missions and challenges left and plan to start doing PVP after.

PVP was never the main thing with this game, you don't have the hordes of "hardcore" pvpers in this game since theres no open world pvp...which is good imo...those people ruin games via constant complaints regarding pvp that mess up pve...not that we haven't seen that kind of knee jerk pvp reaction already.
You can actually PvE while in shadow wars and get the shadow wars rewards while doing other things. Just stay in the big circle.

Badblade
04-17-2013, 08:38 AM

I'd say be patient... many people are working through the content. Once people have some EGO, gear and missions under their belts, they will migrate to the PVP modes.

That being said, I feel there are a few ways they can tighten up the PVP experience.

A) Spawn on Ally option (and get rid of random spawning behind enemy lines)
B) Greatly reduced Falloff for Shotguns in PVP

axio
04-17-2013, 08:41 AM
they can remove it from the game.... beacause none in pc eu server wanna do it... just 2-3 shadow wars in the entire day.

BaiorOfRed
04-17-2013, 08:43 AM
I'd say be patient... many people are working through the content. Once people have some EGO, gear and missions under their belts, they will migrate to the PVP modes.

That being said, I feel there are a few ways they can tighten up the PVP experience.

A) Spawn on Ally option (and get rid of random spawning behind enemy lines)
B) Greatly reduced Falloff for Shotguns in PVP

I agree with spawn on ally option, or at least on group member, but not reducing falloff for shotguns. Shotguns are already superior short range weapons, especially the pump shotgun.

Badblade
04-17-2013, 08:47 AM
I mean make the fall off for shotguns even harsher... they are already bad$ss at short range... I say make them extremely poor at medium+ range. (in other words... nerf their range in PVP... dont make them better! :)

MadTheDog
04-17-2013, 08:52 AM

+1 +1 +1 +1

axio
04-17-2013, 09:11 AM
they should REMOVE SPRINT so... it makes ppl that use blur useful. they should add the "encumbrance" stat that slow the movement of pgs beacause this kind of gameplay aid ppl to sprint, come to close and shot with shoutguns

requiem4hvywht
04-17-2013, 09:52 AM

Not true. People are playing all the time on Xbox north America server. You sir are a whiner who is simply a mediocre pvp player and that is why you choose not to play.

Shandri
04-17-2013, 09:56 AM
I personally haven't tried the Shadow Wars yet. I am not a big fan of PvP but I think it would be fun in this game. I've just been too focused on missions and ark falls at the moment. I think with the game issues and server instability, folks are waiting on it. I expect once the game is a bit less glitchy you'll see more people doing the Shadow Wars.

Badblade
04-17-2013, 09:57 AM
I can also do without the HALO-style bunny hopping. Totally saps the flavour out of the fights.

As for the invisible shotguns... is it a problem? Yes.

Is it a huge problem and does EVERYBODY do it? No.

And remember... Decoy purges Cloak... maybe you should try a character that doesnt have Cloak and a Shotgun... and try a character with an Assault Rifle and Decoy. Lead by example my friend...

As I said above though... shotguns could use a falloff nerf.

xXChromeGhostXx
04-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Shadow wars are such a laggy game play that it's to laggy for me even consider playing, aside form the halo jumping f a g s and cloak shotty poons well, the lag trumps all that for me, watchin people hop skip n jump across my screen, when out of a shadow war it doesn't happen.

r3dl4nce
04-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Shadow wars are such a laggy game play that it's to laggy for me even consider playing, aside form the halo jumping f a g s and cloak shotty poons well, the lag trumps all that for me, watchin people hop skip n jump across my screen, when out of a shadow war it doesn't happen.

Get a better internet connection or a better PC

firetiger2k
04-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Get a better internet connection or a better PC

http://images.tweaktown.com/news/2/9/29649_07_always_on_tweeter_adam_orth_is_no_longer_ working_for_microsoft_internet_pitchforks_work_it_ seems.jpg