PDA

View Full Version : Buying t4 w/ Bits

xxTactics42xx
04-17-2013, 06:02 AM
I have done this twice now where I have accidentally bought a tier 4 lockbox with Bits on accident instead of with resources. Can you please make it so there is a "confirm purchase with Bits" this has cost me 800 Bits for scrap now, really starting to get pissed

RoG Goat
04-17-2013, 06:04 AM
You should have been more careful.
However, the fact that the game DOESN'T have a confirm option before you purchase something with real world value, is ludicrous.

I don't have any confirmation of there NOT being one, just going off what he said :)

xxTactics42xx
04-17-2013, 06:11 AM
O believe me their isn't I have tried to be more careful but I accidentally did it again that why I made this thread :/

ev08u
04-17-2013, 06:11 AM
You confirmed the bit purchase for real money, its up to you to spend those bits wisely, don't see what the big hurry is through the menus that your making those kind of mistakes

Exlor
04-17-2013, 06:13 AM
I would have liked the game to add security by demanding you to input your password before spending any money on buying bits, or using the bits to buy an item.

BrutikusIV
04-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Should require you to sign in with a special password that you have to call receive. Than a countdown timer that must be +-.02 seconds. Than voice recognition over 32 words. Than finally a letter from the mayor of your current city....

Seriously OP if your to busy to pay attention to something so simple why in the world do you think your not going to simply click thru yet another menu to hurry the process???

xxTactics42xx
04-17-2013, 07:22 AM
Should require you to sign in with a special password that you have to call receive. Than a countdown timer that must be +-.02 seconds. Than voice recognition over 32 words. Than finally a letter from the mayor of your current city....

Seriously OP if your to busy to pay attention to something so simple why in the world do you think your not going to simply click thru yet another menu to hurry the process???

*** packer seriously why don't you go crawl in a hole sorry I'm not going through menus like princess I'm trying to get out of them as soon as possible after having to sell 40k green **** wish you could sell more then 1k at a time

Niquara
04-17-2013, 07:28 AM
I agree with OP....

not that ive had this particular problem myself,, there should at least be an extra prompt before you spend bits... its too easy to spend a huge number of them in the lockbox shops

i also worry about how easy it is to delete character at the title screen.... press triangle then what?? eek

Multigun
04-17-2013, 07:30 AM
One more prompt won't hurt you other posters. We have ALL had those moments where we aren't paying attention to something and click on something on accident that causes some sort of grief for us later.

Rikishi
04-17-2013, 07:31 AM
>did not get oranges like I wanted
>o lawdy, it was an accident
>refund please

Multigun
04-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Oh and might I suggest you put this in the suggestion forum? Technically that would be the appropriate place for it.

xxTactics42xx
04-17-2013, 07:33 AM
>did not get oranges like I wanted
>o lawdy, it was an accident
>refund please

Really guy I would not waste 400 bits on a crap lockbox I have only got 3 legendary if I wanted to spend my bits on something expensive I would buy inv spots

Dahdii
04-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Why have bits laying there in the first place? :( Unless you're saving it for something

xxTactics42xx
04-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Why have bits laying there in the first place? :( Unless you're saving it for something

I usually use them on skill boosts but I don't want to sink it all in because of school and work I use them on weekends

ten4
04-17-2013, 07:51 AM
One more black mark against this terrible UI. However, I think this is intended so people accidently buy this stuff: money in the bank, money in the bank.

Cutlass Jack
04-17-2013, 07:59 AM
When you try to buy Boosts with bits off the boost menu, the game opens up the Shop menu so you can buy it there. It should work exactly the same with Lockboxes. Hit resource button at the box, you buy immediately, hit the Bits button, it opens up the store interface so you use that.

Then its always clear what you're spending.

xxTactics42xx
04-17-2013, 08:35 AM
When you try to buy Boosts with bits off the boost menu, the game opens up the Shop menu so you can buy it there. It should work exactly the same with Lockboxes. Hit resource button at the box, you buy immediately, hit the Bits button, it opens up the store interface so you use that.

Then its always clear what you're spending.

Ya but when you click on tier 4 box from the vending machine it says "buy with resources" or "buy with Bits" that's what the issue is not from in the store itself

Cutlass Jack
04-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Ya but when you click on tier 4 box from the vending machine it says "buy with resources" or "buy with Bits" that's what the issue is not from in the store itself

I know thats what I'm saying. If you click 'buy with bits' it should open the store interface to the lockbox page, not directly buy the box.

Bushmaster2000
04-17-2013, 08:40 AM
The funny thing is that it DOES have a confirm for buying stuff with resources !

Kerry
04-17-2013, 08:42 AM
I have done this twice now where I have accidentally bought a tier 4 lockbox with Bits on accident instead of with resources. Can you please make it so there is a "confirm purchase with Bits" this has cost me 800 Bits for scrap now, really starting to get pissed

lol not to mention the fact that the buttons are RIGHT next to each other.

I have never understood this personally other than its good for business. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Cutlass Jack
The funny thing is that it DOES have a confirm for buying stuff with resources !

I'm guessing that was designed by the same person who had 'mute voice' mute yourself instead of other players. ;)

Kerry

Good point LOL!

shotgunEX
04-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Why add confirmation when they have people like you "accidentally" giving them more money? Lol you Fawked up and hit a wrong button. Not their fault! They just got paid! Sounds like a good move financially.

3rdpig
04-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Why add confirmation when they have people like you "accidentally" giving them more money? Lol you Fawked up and hit a wrong button. Not their fault! They just got paid! Sounds like a good move financially.

In the short term maybe, but not in the long term. A business needs happy customers and word of mouth advertising to survive and you don't get that when you piss people off. The fact that it's not their fault doesn't seem to make the OP any happier though. Maybe an extra confirmation might be a good idea.

swat brigade
04-17-2013, 09:03 AM
I have done this also! These are the types of threads that's should be priority for the devs to see.. But they get lost in the hundreds of pointless *****ing threads that people post all day.

dokukaeru
04-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Vendors also have confirmation before selling or buying purple rarity items. I agree this isn't an oversight and is an intentional money grab.

rhodezie
04-17-2013, 09:11 AM

I have doen this 3 times it is pretty stupid to have the option to buy with bits on the lockbox it should only be in ingame store or maybe they want it this way so u waste bit and end up buying more for what u actually want

xxTactics42xx
04-17-2013, 10:49 AM
I have done this also! These are the types of threads that's should be priority for the devs to see.. But they get lost in the hundreds of pointless *****ing threads that people post all day.

Ya I guess I should have put this in the suggestion section like somebody suggested lol see what I did there. But none the less its depressing to see this on page 8 when it really is annoying to loss 800 bits to scrap, this needs to be addressed in patch. If their is seriously a conformation for buying the box with resources next time I buy it like mentioned I'm going to be pissed :/