PDA

View Full Version : TV show / Game connection?

Caesar
04-17-2013, 06:48 AM
I can't see it...

I watch the 1st Episode yesterday, and the game seems to be stack in an Epilogue (The bit before the main plot) The full story is happening in the Badlands, and we stack in a place that is not even part of the main plot ? Do i missing something here ? Where is the Show = Game connection? .... That is one of the main reasons why i got this game....:confused:

squidgod2000
04-17-2013, 07:07 AM
The connection is the three little pursuits you get for each episode. Find some data recorders, farm some mobs, click some stuff.

Anyone who thought it'd be anything more than that was lying to themselves.

Schwa
04-17-2013, 07:10 AM
The connection is the three little pursuits you get for each episode. Find some data recorders, farm some mobs, click some stuff.

Considering how they hyped up the preseason mission, and comparing that mission to what we have now, it's reasonable to be disappointed at how poorly Trion has delivered.

marc
04-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Unfortunately it does seem we were sold a bit of a red herring. Im sure there will be more episode missions like there were when the game was released but im not confident Trion can implement them otherwise we would have them by now since the show has started.

I do enjoy this game but its one almighty **** up on so many levels at the moment and I do feel for the staff at Trion who are obviously doing their best here. For a week this game was all I wanted to play but its ran out of steam so quick being a bit of a one trick pony. I hope Trion address the repetitive gameplay issues in upcoming episodic content/dlc...because the progression system doesnt even encourage a grind to get my teeth into.

Multigun
04-17-2013, 07:38 AM
If all we are given every week is 3 new pursuits, I will be very, very disappointed.

Garu
04-17-2013, 07:45 AM
All it would of taken is a quick call from grant saying that theres been a battle in defiance and that some of the townfolk left and maybe headed our way and to keep an eye out for them and help them if we can, then when we find these road side emergencies where the guys are getting attacked we would actually feel like we are helping out people from the show. To go one further they could of even shown one of the groups leaving in the episode and have the guy saying bye to the mayor or whatever and then when u have done all the different types of road side pilgrim stuff that guy calls you and thanks you ingame, that would of felt like a proper game to tv tie in.

ten4
04-17-2013, 07:47 AM

Blunt and to the point but it's the truth lol!

sicKENasty
04-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Greetings all,

The following is my opinion and my story so far.

The story line we have in the game is a slight prequel of the first 15 minutes of the show. When the raiders go through Nolan's stuff and they take the rod. Nolan says "Do you know what I had to go through to get that". Well yes I do, Nolan. I helped you get it and then I saved your butt and you stabbed me in the back and ran off with it. Now Varus is trying to get me killed because you double crossed me. So this means I owe you a nice smack to the dome when I see you again.

Now I could have told Von Bach that I would get it back from you but it looks like you went and lost it near Defiance. Oh but now I can't come after you because now you are a Law Keeper?

So now what is my Boss going to have me do? He does not need the rod you took but it would have been nice. Right now I need to focus on getting the Arctech back from Dark Matter then I am sure Von Bach will send me after you eventually.

Radz
04-17-2013, 08:16 AM
To assume that every episode would have extensive, show-related content is a bit of a leap, but I imagine we will get some good content once things ramp up on the show. Heck, the episodic content may not even involve characters from the shows, but rather characters in the game that will go to the show and the episodic content is just a way to let us get involved with the character.

Cass may be too important to the game to let go, but she feels a little more...real...than a lot of the other characters so she might join the show eventually. Fact is, if we could pre-emptively get the cast list for future episodes we could compare pictures and see if any of the game characters have been cast for the show. Any current characters in the game they intend to move to the show would have to be modelled off an actor like Nolan and Irisa were.

Bored Peon
04-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Player gets crystal.

Nolan steals crystal from player.

Crystal activates the arkfall.

Arkfall gives the orb.

Orb stops the Volge.

Player indirectly saved Defiance.

Caesar
04-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Player gets crystal.

Nolan steals crystal from player.

Crystal activates the arkfall.

Arkfall gives the orb.

Orb stops the Volge.

Player indirectly saved Defiance.

Yes... that is the "Obvious" connection. But i was specting a stronger link. Everything in the show is completely different than in the game ;

The location is the Badlands ( Defiance town )
The enemies are different in the Badlands ( Giant Rats, Big Robots ..... Etc.)
The vehicles are also different ( 4X4 rollers, Bikes, different cars ... )
The weapons are completely different in the TV show too.
The races in the show are also different.

The connection is practicably none existent ......