PDA

View Full Version : VOTE KICK - needed asap.

nikre
04-17-2013, 07:11 AM
I will no longer do co-op missions untill a vote kick has been added.

I've had to leave several co-op missions due to the fact one person went afk at the start leeching xp & holding the rest of the group back from progressing through the mission.

This should have been one of the first things added when co-op missions were thought of.

It's not fair to anyone, stop AFK'ing.

ExcuseMyMandarin
04-17-2013, 07:16 AM

I've had to leave several co-op missions due to the fact one person went afk at the start leeching xp & holding the rest of the group back from progressing through the mission.

This should have been one of the first things added when co-op missions were thought of.

Then do Co op with friends, lmao..

Silverbluetree
04-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Can't you end the coop, kick the person out and reform?

GT3000
04-17-2013, 07:22 AM
If you're the party leader of the coop you can kick the person, otherwise have the party leader kick them. If they're the party leader. Leave. This solution is already present in-game.

Presto, solutions.

cjhaus123
04-17-2013, 07:24 AM
agreed sir.

Anim
04-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Meh just solo it, it's not hard

Daovud Vest
04-17-2013, 07:42 AM
If it wasn't for the fact that you can't move on to some areas without everyone than this wouldn't be an issue but yes I hate going into a co-op mission just to leave because the party leader is afk, just add a kick system

Shima
04-17-2013, 07:42 AM

The only issue is if someone goes afk or something before the final boss transport where you need everyone in the little circle to proceed. Still, drop group and start over - it's an acceptable option as these things are pretty fast.

Blackwolfe
04-17-2013, 07:44 AM
Bugs with the matchmaking, sure, that I've run into. Like half the group spawning on the wrong side of a locked door, being in a group but not displaying as such. But leechers and afkers? Not run into a single one so far.

Anim
04-17-2013, 07:48 AM
The only issue is if someone goes afk or something before the final boss transport where you need everyone in the little circle to proceed. Still, drop group and start over - it's an acceptable option as these things are pretty fast.

Good point about the little circle, yet another pointless mechanic :(

nikre
04-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Then do Co op with friends, lmao..

Yeah because we are all on at the same time, have the same desire to play the same content as well....

Why even have matchmaking?

You sir have fixed the game..../sarcasm

nikre
04-17-2013, 08:08 AM
If you're the party leader of the coop you can kick the person, otherwise have the party leader kick them. If they're the party leader. Leave. This solution is already present in-game.

Presto, solutions.

Party leader afk's at the end of the mission and we are all supposed to leave and rerun the same mission effectively wasting 10-30min of our time?

winning solution right there... thanks for the post.

tstar420
04-17-2013, 08:09 AM

Presto, solutions.

What happens when its the leader afk.... I already mentioned this issue a week ago its why i stopped doing co-ops it happens 3/5 times.

Personally I think the PC UI needs a total makeover I hate the console feel of it, it makes me claustrophobic and I usually only play 2 hours at a time bcuz of it now

nikre
04-17-2013, 08:10 AM

Solo content that isn't accessible due to the way encounters are started.. nothing like soloing a " CO-OP " mission!

yet another winning solution... thanks for your post!

Thorbrand
04-17-2013, 08:10 AM
What about spending the 15mins for finish the instance and be done with it. Pretty sure all the instances can be two manned if it wasn't for the fact you can only get in with 4 I would be two manning them all.

nikre
04-17-2013, 08:36 AM
What about spending the 15mins for finish the instance and be done with it. Pretty sure all the instances can be two manned if it wasn't for the fact you can only get in with 4 I would be two manning them all.

Yeah, No problem with 2-3 manning it just the fact you can not start it if some one does not enter the circle.

We need a solution for that situation.

Anim
04-17-2013, 08:42 AM

Why two? You're only slowing yourself down by having the mobs scale their health up (yes, hp scales in instances too). I'm quicker at finishing co-op instances if my group is afk at the start and then just runs up to the circle to let me in to the boss room or just leaves.

bluelixardz
04-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Yeah, No problem with 2-3 manning it just the fact you can not start it if some one does not enter the circle.

We need a solution for that situation.

that occurence is so incredibly rare, i don't know what you are complaining about honestly. Who is going to take the time to go through the instance and then not do the boss?

vote kick is an extremely bad implementation of anything. it's very easy to abuse. Also what if 2 people went afk what about that situation wah wah wah you sound like a child and haven't even remotely thought this through. Votekicking is bad implementation.

An almost reasonable system would be an afk-kick but still I think that the current system is fine, everyone wants to run the dungeon that's why they queued for it. they want to get to the end and get their rewards so that's what happens. You're talking about implementing something for maybe .05% of the population that is just there to troll you and frankly if they are doing that it's probably because you have shtako for brains and manners. I have not once had this problem. The only problem in co-op that i've had is door glitching out and not being able to go through it, oh well next one. There's plenty of people playing this game and saying idiotic things like "i'm not gonna play this until this is fixed it's unacceptable" to a company that truly cares about it's customers is unnecessary and rude this might be an important issue for you but it's not an important issue and is pretty much addressed as it is in the game right now. if it's REALLY a bad thing for you that happens ALL the time and you aren't being a whiny brat and exaggerating it unnecessarily go join a clan. Thatway you can run the co-op with clanmates, even if you only get 1 clan mate there's a 50% chance that the party leader will go to you or your clanmate and a 25% chance that it goes to the leaver since you appear to get one EVERY TIME. -_- use your head and let them focus on things that are actually disruptive to the game.

Mechman
04-17-2013, 10:07 AM
After dozens of Co-op missions I don't remember ever experiencing this. I don't see it as a big deal at this point anyways. The main 'issue' I have sometimes are the folks hanging back. The first couple of times I was like.. what the hell are they doing! I think many of them were just trying to find the dumb recordings so they could complete the pursuits/get the outfits. Now I just speed things up by pointing out to them where to find them during the mission so there is less searching...

Blak
04-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Good point about the little circle, yet another pointless mechanic :(

All they need to do is make a majority rules system.

If more then half the party is standing in the circle ready to go. Then you can all click the ENTER feature and it just auto loads the AFK guy into the boss fight. Who cares if he dies while he is AFK in the fight.... he was useless to start.

On top of that VOTE Kick system still needs to be installed to give a system to remove bothersome players.

Ticon
04-17-2013, 10:45 AM
All they need to do is make a majority rules system.

If more then half the party is standing in the circle ready to go. Then you can all click the ENTER feature and it just auto loads the AFK guy into the boss fight. Who cares if he dies while he is AFK in the fight.... he was useless to start.

On top of that VOTE Kick system still needs to be installed to give a system to remove bothersome players.

best solution so far.

i havent run into these issues!-but vote to kick isnt a solution mate= sorry.

jnt
04-17-2013, 10:46 AM

No vote kicks please. It'll just make it possible to grief people looking for recorders.