PDA

View Full Version : PCools PC PvP Clinic - Saturday 9pm EST

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 07:15 AM
Ok.. frankly.. I'm getting tired of the PvP whiners and non-sense on these boards regarding "balance".

So.. I'm going to do something I RARELY do. This Saturday at 9pm EST, I'll be entering PvP and holding a Clinic...

That bunny hopping noob with the rocket launch pissin ya off? I'll show ya how to swat him like the annoying ant he is!

OUCH! You just took a one-shot in the back from someone cloaked? Ohh.. that cheatin bastage! I'll show you how to get him/her before they get you!

The time for PvP-based Nerfs in this game is OVER! It's time you PvP Players learned how to really PvP.. the onus is on YOU to perform in Defiance PvP, which is skill based folks!

It's time to learn how to properly PvP and defeat those nooblet tactics that are getting you dead!

Come join me on Saturday, 9pm EST, for some Old School PvP Fragfest!

And.. to make it more interesting.. YOU get to pick my weapon!

That's right.. put a post below, and YOU get to pick my weapon to use for each part of this clinic!
However.. IF you choose the weapon, YOU must show up to PvP against it!

I'll be looking forward to seeing each of you PvP'ers on Saturday at 9pm EST... Just bring your bandaids!

Gohlar
04-17-2013, 07:19 AM
OUCH! You just took a one-shot in the back from someone cloaked? Ohh.. that cheatin bastage! I'll show you how to get him/her before they get you!

I'd like to hear this. I think I know what you'll say and I'm willing to bet it won't make sense.

RoG Goat
04-17-2013, 07:21 AM
No perks, decoy ego, um... find the worst pistol in the game... and use that, and no grenades

Lol have fun!

Conflict
04-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Ok.. frankly.. I'm getting tired of the PvP whiners and non-sense on these boards regarding "balance".

So.. I'm going to do something I RARELY do. This Saturday at 9pm EST, I'll be entering PvP and holding a Clinic...

That bunny hopping noob with the rocket launch pissin ya off? I'll show ya how to swat him like the annoying ant he is!

The time for PvP-based Nerfs in this game is OVER! It's time you PvP Players learned how to really PvP.. the onus is on YOU to perform in Defiance PvP, which is skill based folks!

It's time to learn how to properly PvP and defeat those nooblet tactics that are getting you dead!

That's right.. put a post below, and YOU get to pick my weapon to use for each part of this clinic!

I'll be looking forward to seeing each of you PvP'ers on Saturday at 9pm EST... Just bring your bandaids!

Will you be recording/Twitch.TVing that for those who aren't there?

Gohlar
04-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Well Pseudo, we're waiting....I think you've got nothing.

And no we won't spend our Saturday night with you lol.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Well Pseudo, we're waiting....I think you've got nothing.

And no we won't spend our Saturday night with you lol.

Show up Saturday.. it's a Clinic, not a library.

TeNMaN

Wait a sec, does this involve me following you around, saving your @ss like in PvE??! XD

PseudoCool
No perks, decoy ego, um... find the worst pistol in the game... and use that, and no grenades

Lol have fun!

I said weapon.. not anything else. And what do YOU consider the worst pistol in the game? Let me know, and I'll be looking forward to seeing you there.

Multigun
04-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Probably would help if you discussed what platform this is on for those who don't observe all your previous posts. Additionally, if you feel like you are so experienced with PvP that you can teach others (which it sounds like you are confident that you are) I would recommend a recording of your clinic for others. I do appreciate the offer, I just thought I would mention some things that might help others as well :)

DeMoted
PvP clinic??? Can't help people aim better lol

PseudoCool
Wait a sec, does this involve me following you around, saving your @ss like in PvE??! XD

You betta recognize foo! And remember.. the last Co-Op I was the one saving YOUR @ss! But your welcome to come bro, as I recall you do enjoy some PvP.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Probably would help if you discussed what platform this is on for those who don't observe all your previous posts. Additionally, if you feel like you are so experienced with PvP that you can teach others (which it sounds like you are confident that you are) I would recommend a recording of your clinic for others. I do appreciate the offer, I just thought I would mention some things that might help others as well :)

The Platform is PC, which is listed clearly in the title of the thread.

Gohlar
04-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Show up Saturday.. it's a Clinic, not a library.

Um demanding we join you on Sat night is ridiculous.

Wouldn't it be good to show us you actually have some idea what you're talking about? After seeing the other thread about cloak+sg I don't believe you do.

Are you going to wuss out and not answer? Considering you don't have an answer you probably will. It's time to put up or shut up.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Will you be recording/Twitch.TVing that for those who aren't there?

I haven't tried doing recording with my laptop yet while I'm gaming, and I've never used Twitch.TV. I'll check into both soon and let you know.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 07:32 AM
Put your money where your mouth is or hush up. Demanding we join you on Sat night is ridiculous.

Wouldn't it be good to show us you actually have some idea what you're talking about? After see the other thread I honestly don't believe you do.

Are you going to wuss out and not answer? Considering you don't have an answer you probably will.

Pick a weapon.. AND SHOW UP. Or are YOU going to wuss out and just be the normal whiner that you are? (see that whole "wuss out" card works both ways.. amazing huh?)

RoG Goat
04-17-2013, 07:32 AM
Oh, I'm on Xbox.
But if you're REALLY trying to prove yourself you would have the balls to use my recommendation ;D

KashraFall
04-17-2013, 07:34 AM
This is without a doubt the most outrageous cry for attention I have ever seen. I will however humor you and try and avert my eyes as you stroke that E-peen of yours. It truly must be a massive monster for you to challenge everyone in this little game of wack-a-mole.

Gohlar
04-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Pick a weapon.. AND SHOW UP. Or are YOU going to wuss out and just be the normal whiner that you are? (see that whole "wuss out" card works both ways.. amazing huh?)

I work nights and weekends and even if I didn't this thread is silly. So tell us what's up oh wise one, don't hide behind this nonsense. You've made some bold statements. Back them up.

This thread is nothing but hot air.

This is without a doubt the most outrageous cry for attention I have ever seen.

It really is. It's backfiring too because he can't back up his own statements.

Ataraxia
04-17-2013, 07:35 AM
I'd suggest changing the time, I mean Saturday night is just awful, it's a busy time of the week for most people.

TeNMaN
04-17-2013, 07:35 AM
You betta recognize foo! And remember.. the last Co-Op I was the one saving YOUR @ss! But your welcome to come bro, as I recall you do enjoy some PvP.

Guess all that time I spent at the top of the leaderboard while weak sniper mobs were killing you was all in my head! :cool: You know I love ya brother but don't do this. It will not end well for you!!

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 07:36 AM
Guess all that time I spent at the top of the leaderboard while weak sniper mobs were killing you was all in my head! :cool: You know I love ya brother but don't do this. It will not end well for you!!

Lol funny thing would be if he plays on PC and thinks he's good.

Gohlar
04-17-2013, 07:36 AM
I'd suggest changing the time, I mean Saturday night is just awful, it's a busy time of the week for most people.

I don't think he actually wants anyone to show up. He's got nothing and he knows it, it's why he's too afraid to answer a question.

KashraFall
04-17-2013, 07:39 AM

The game is skill based on all consoles PC or other wise. However saying or trying to state you are better in a specific category than other players is a huge assumption. It won't end well and he will end up kneeling in humility.

Multigun
04-17-2013, 07:39 AM
The Platform is PC, which is listed clearly in the title of the thread.

Woops it indeed is. I stand corrected. Guess I need more coffee.

Gohlar
04-17-2013, 07:40 AM
Rarely do threads fail this hard. Very 1st post I exposed him lol.

Should request sticky for entertainment purposes.

TeNMaN
04-17-2013, 07:44 AM

Pcool does play on PC and he is actually a good guy so be gentle everyone. I can't tell if he is trolling on this thread or not cause he is very rusty and he knows it!

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 07:45 AM
The game is skill based on all consoles PC or other wise. However saying or trying to state you are better in a specific category than other players is a huge assumption. It won't end well and he will end up kneeling in humility.

Actually it is a major reason why FPS cannot mix PC and Console together PC aiming > Console aiming. Everyone knows this... Well I guess almost everyone.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Pcool does play on PC and he is actually a good guy so be gentle everyone. I can't tell if he is trolling on this thread or not cause he is very rusty and he knows it!

He is trolling.

Ataraxia
04-17-2013, 07:46 AM
just... lol .

KashraFall
04-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Actually it is a major reason reasons why FPS cannot mix PC and Console together PC aiming > Console aiming.

Tell that to shadow run. Xbox Beat out PC alot actually. Yes PC has accurate aiming with MB+Keyboard but console users have adapted to using that stick and some are damn good with it.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Tell that to shadow run. Xbox Beat out PC alot actually. Yes PC has accurate aiming with MB+Keyboard but console users have adapted to using that stick and some are damn good with it.

I am not talking about a few people... Please do not do things like that to fit your argument. As a WHOLE PC aiming > console aiming.

cfStatic
04-17-2013, 07:48 AM

So you sight one game in which console players beat out PC players. Sounds pretty anecdotal to me.

RoG Goat
04-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Woops it indeed is. I stand corrected. Guess I need more coffee.

I came here from a link, didn't think to look at the title:P

KashraFall
04-17-2013, 07:50 AM
So you sight one game in which console players beat out PC players. Sounds pretty anecdotal to me.

I don't know of many cross over shooter type games, do you?
Yes I speak of shadow run. It was stated before the game came out that PC would dominate them due to their advantage. They were put in their place because of their arrogance. I am a PC gamer and I won't say we are better than console gamers, especially for a game that was catered to console usage.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 07:52 AM
I don't know of many cross over shooter type games, do you?
Yes I speak of shadow run. It was stated before the game came out that PC would dominate them due to their advantage. They were put in their place because of their arrogance. I am a PC gamer and I won't say we are better than console gamers, especially for a game that was catered to console usage.

I am just stating facts... One guy doesn't trump those fact. You are arguing the wrong argument.

TeNMaN
04-17-2013, 07:52 AM

I agree with this. I think keyboard/mouse has an advantage in FPS but not so much in a TPS like this. I am actually quite surprised at how low the skill level is with most of the PC players I have come across. I am attributing that to the MMO crowd who are playing this game and don't have a much experience with twitch shooters.

I am on PC, I play with a controller, and I can say that I clean house in this game lol.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 07:53 AM
I agree with this. I think keyboard/mouse has an advantage in FPS but not so much in a TPS like this. I am actually quite surprised at how low the skill level is with most of the PC players I have come across. I am attributing that to the MMO crowd who are playing this game and don't have a much experience with twitch shooters.

I am on PC, I play with a controller, and I can say that I clean house in this game lol.

You can beat other bad players with a controller congrats.

TeNMaN
04-17-2013, 07:57 AM
You can beat other bad players with a controller congrats.

LOL, ok... There is a reason I am at the top of all the time trials (at least legit time wise) and consistently finish 1st in everything I do in this game. You just have to accept that some people are capable of besting PC players with a controller. I've been doing it for years and have been a top level PvP'er for years.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 07:59 AM
LOL, ok... There is a reason I am at the top of all the time trials (at least legit time wise) and consistently finish 1st in everything I do in this game. You just have to accept that some people are capable of besting PC players with a controller. I've been doing it for years and have been a top level PvP'er for years.

Sigh hard to explain something to you when you don't understand and instead try to tell me how "good" you are lol.

Anim
04-17-2013, 08:02 AM

You're ****ting me right? http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2010/jul/22/pc-gamers-versus-console-gamers

Also, having done a bit of research in to it, Shadowrun artificially screwed with the aim of the PC player, and yet PC still ruined consoles on it enough that Microsoft shut down the cross-platform experience.

KashraFall
04-17-2013, 08:04 AM
You're ****ting me right? http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2010/jul/22/pc-gamers-versus-console-gamers

I care for your numbers why exactly? I am speaking of personal experience with people who were actually good Shadow run players. They were on the same level as console players. Is it so hard to believe that flicking a stick is just as easy as moving a mouse? The only real advantage you have on PC is spinning your character and precise aiming.

TeNMaN
04-17-2013, 08:06 AM
Sigh hard to explain something to you when you don't understand and instead try to tell me how "good" you are lol.

What are you trying to explain? Your PC superiority complex? All I'm saying is that, you are foolish to discount console players/controller users and their skill level. If anything, it takes more skill to be good with twitch and a controller.

Anim
04-17-2013, 08:07 AM

Driving games are far superior with a controller due to the ability to have an analogue input for direction, keyboard is stuck to digital cornering. So thumbs up to you for getting the same time as people on a keyboard?

Quite simply when it comes to crosshair aiming the mouse is the better tool due to the ability to be accurate at all times, turning the exact speed you want it to and not having to speed up the turn then slow down again to a stop.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 08:08 AM
You both just added to my argument with those posts. Thanks.

Anim
04-17-2013, 08:10 AM
I care for your numbers why exactly? I am speaking of personal experience with people who were actually good Shadow run players. They were on the same level as console players. Is it so hard to believe that flicking a stick is just as easy as moving a mouse? The only real advantage you have on PC is spinning your character and precise aiming.

Yeah, so the only advantage they have is a) speed of their aim and b) accuracy of their aim. These are the two fundamental necessities to being effective in an fps. The mouse is faster to turn than a controller and is also a lot more precise when aiming on the target you've tracked to.

I'm not saying the console players are bad, I'm saying theyre handicapped by their tools and simply cannot expect to compete against top flight pc fps players.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Yeah, so the only advantage they have is a) speed of their aim and b) accuracy of their aim. These are the two fundamental necessities to being effective in an fps. The mouse is faster to turn than a controller and is also a lot more precise when aiming on the target you've tracked to.

I'm not saying the console players are bad, I'm saying theyre handicapped by their tools and simply cannot expect to compete against top flight pc fps players.

Hooray someone that understands and gets it.

TeNMaN
04-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Driving games are far superior with a controller due to the ability to have an analogue input for direction, keyboard is stuck to digital cornering. So thumbs up to you for getting the same time as people on a keyboard?

Quite simply when it comes to crosshair aiming the mouse is the better tool due to the ability to be accurate at all times, turning the exact speed you want it to and not having to speed up the turn then slow down again to a stop.

I just used driving as one of my examples. I beat Nim in one try, I regularly finish 1st all the time, etc. I put up double/triple the amount of damage of #2 people in major arkfalls. I don't see any keyboard/mouse advantage in those areas. In PvP, yes, I will get challenged there. However, point is, this game is perfect for a controller in all aspects. This is not an FPS.

DeMoted
04-17-2013, 08:15 AM
I just used driving as one of my examples. I beat Nim in one try, I regularly finish 1st all the time, etc. I put up double/triple the amount of damage of #2 people in major arkfalls. I don't see any keyboard/mouse advantage in those areas. In PvP, yes, I will get challenged there. However, point is, this game is perfect for a controller in all aspects.

No one said it wasn't... This is a console game TBH that is also on PC. Which is why I am playing this on console.

TeNMaN
04-17-2013, 08:18 AM
No one said it wasn't... This is a console game TBH that is also on PC. Which is why I am playing this on console.

Yay, we agree on something! I already paid my respects to FPS players. TPS is a different ballgame. There are many highly skilled players on both sides of the coin, that is my point. I love the fact that there is a good mixture of both in this game.

Anim
04-17-2013, 08:21 AM
I just used driving as one of my examples. I beat Nim in one try, I regularly finish 1st all the time, etc. I put up double/triple the amount of damage of #2 people in major arkfalls. I don't see any keyboard/mouse advantage in those areas. In PvP, yes, I will get challenged there. However, point is, this game is perfect for a controller in all aspects. This is not an FPS.

Yeah, the pve content in this game is mind-numbingly simple, you should see it on PC ... you can close your eyes and get top of the arkfalls. So I agree the game is ok for a controller because there isnt much precision needed and the game is quite slow paced, sometimes for the crit-points on targets but auto-aim helps the controllers out with that. It only adds to the frustration of pc players though, its tuned for console players which made is shockingly bland for any competent pc player :(

TeNMaN
04-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Yeah, the pve content in this game is mind-numbingly simple, you should see it on PC ... you can close your eyes and get top of the arkfalls. So I agree the game is ok for a controller because there isnt much precision needed and the game is quite slow paced, sometimes for the crit-points on targets but auto-aim helps the controllers out with that. It only adds to the frustration of pc players though, its tuned for console players which made is shockingly bland for any competent pc player :(

I play on PC too and I agree with you. Like I said, I think many of the MMO players that are trying this game who don't have experienced twitch skills struggle. So, with the strange mix of shooter fans and MMO fans, it is hard to balance out the challenge of the game. You have wild extremes of this game being way too hard for some and way too easy for others!

Aimeri
04-17-2013, 08:26 AM
LOL @ even trying to compare PC & Console gaming.

tyguild
04-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Another PVP noob trying to teach others, oh boy

Transall
04-17-2013, 01:30 PM
I don't really care about all the nerf drama, but I'll take you up on the challenge. Seems like it could be fun. If you can beat me with an Innoculator and Interceptor, I'll be severely impressed. In-game name is Target. See you on saturday.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Ok.. I'm going to try this.. AGAIN...

Platform - COMPUTER
Server - US
Day/Time - Saturday at 9pm EASTERN

PvP CLINIC (ie.. I'm going to TEACH you something useful)

This isn't about having the bigger e-peen or whatever. It's about ME, a former PvP guru, getting sick and tired of hearing people whine about bunnyhoppers and cloaked shotties.

I *AM* offering to TEACH YOU how to defeat these two VERY NOOB tactics in PvP. It's not very hard to do honestly. I proved it last night in SW with my level 30 shooting an LMG/SMG combo and running with Decoy.

My end goal.. perhaps.. is that some of you will learn how to defeat the tactics instead of blaming the WEAPON involved and getting MORE NERFS in this game for the sake of "PvP Balance"

I'm an old schooler.. you want knowledge from me.. you EARN it. IN this case, you EARN it by showing up for a very simple demonstration. I've even gone that extra step by letting YOU choose the weapon I'll use to demonstrate.. all YOU have to do is SHOW UP.

Now.. that being said.. is there ANYONE on these forums who fancies themselves WILLING TO LEARN? Or is it just more hot air and "I'm more UBAR THAN YOU! ROARRR!" ? And just to put it out there.. I NEVER said in this post, or any other, that I'm better than anyone else at PvP, I simply OFFERED TO TEACH.. the rest of ya ran with that like a bunch of bully's stealing some 8yo's lunch box.

so.. Any takers? Or are ya'll gonna just sit here swinging pixels?

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 01:35 PM
I don't really care about all the nerf drama, but I'll take you up on the challenge. Seems like it could be fun. If you can beat me with an Innoculator and Interceptor, I'll be severely impressed. In-game name is Target. See you on saturday.

It's not about "beating" you.. it's about TEACHING you. Thank you for stepping up, my next step was to ask for a guinea pig to be my bunnyhopper and/or my cloaker. Matter of fact, I think I've got both the Innoculator and an Interceptor in my inventory already, so which would you prefer to be?

I'll see you on Saturday :)

Bored Peon
04-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Ron White: "You cant fix stupid"

People will always lay blame any place their can for their deaths in PVP, except themself.

You offer to help them and of course the trolls come out to insult you for it.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Ron White: "You cant fix stupid"

People will always lay blame any place their can for their deaths in PVP, except themself.

You offer to help them and of course the trolls come out to insult you for it.

Well. I've got one who's NOT a troll and willing to step up. I'm sure my buddy TeNMaN will be there as well if I ask him real nice like :) And I expected the bashing, no one wants to hear that their screwing up, especially from someone they don't know, or know anything about. But that's all good.. if it drives conversation and gets some interest, then I'm all for it. If it draws enough interest, I may hold other clinics as well later, but time will tell.

Transall
04-17-2013, 02:37 PM
It's not about "beating" you.. it's about TEACHING you. Thank you for stepping up, my next step was to ask for a guinea pig to be my bunnyhopper and/or my cloaker. Matter of fact, I think I've got both the Innoculator and an Interceptor in my inventory already, so which would you prefer to be?

I'll see you on Saturday :)

I don't use cloak, and I don't consider myself a bunny hopper nor do I consider bunny hopping an issue. My only issue with pvp is cloak shotgun, but not because I think it's OP by itself but because of its current prevalence. It makes it incredibly hard to judge an engagement when I can't tell how many enemies are around. 90% of my deaths are from being flanked with cloak while fighting other people.

Ataraxia
04-17-2013, 03:21 PM

Shadow war'd with you today. I headshot'd you once and you headhsot'd me twice, I HATE YOU.

Edit: I'm typing horribly today.

Anonymous
04-17-2013, 03:46 PM
@PC - the flak you're getting for this offer is normal, so get used to it. You can consistently have the highest # of damage and the highest K:D ratio, even a perfect one (like 25:0) and players will still consistently put you down because you "suck" and are a "n00b." It's all normal.

I might take part in this saturday, depending on what I have going on. I'm really new to the social part of Defiance though (I usually roll solo in it) due to the lack of being very user-friendly. I'm guessing people will join a group with you prior, then join a match together?

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 03:48 PM
That's the plan Anon. As it comes closer I'll put in a rally point where we can all meet.

Gryphon
04-17-2013, 04:12 PM
I stopped reading the replies in the middle of page two, but I don't get it. What is so bad about somebody trying to help people get better? I know I could sure use some tips. Even if the original poster does things completely different than what you would do, in every single aspect of this game, you could still learn something from it. You can ALWAYS learn something from someone, even if it's what not to do, that is still learning. I bet the OP has a trick or two to share that just might be worth hearing.

PseudoCool
04-17-2013, 09:21 PM
That is the plan Gryphon. I saw a lot of people in PvP yesterday who where really into the sneak-attacks, bunny hops.. or the ever lovely spray and pray... it was almost comical.. like land of the noobies or something.

And then, after the clinic.. I'll post the notes on the forums, which will probably be my last forum post for awhile. I have a feeling I'm about to go nose to nose, toe to toe, and fist to chin with at least one of the community managers here over an issue. And I'm sure that'll bring out the ban hammer..lol I promise not til after Saturday tho.

RoG Goat
04-18-2013, 06:34 AM
Yea, hes scurred to use a pistol and no perks